PDA

View Full Version : Effects Lists

Blahness98
February 22nd, 2018, 16:08
Since I don't want to post in another thread, I am moving the effects that I am creating to a new thread. I will update this thread as I continue to build effects for all classes. If anyone notices any incorrect effects, please let me know. If you use these effects, read the notes in the spell section for how to use. As you level a class, make sure to adjust the caster level as necessary for any effects that require it.

I have found that the forums only seem to allow a 5 attachment limit per post. See this post for the more effects. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists&p=380986&viewfull=1#post380986)

Completed:

Feats
Items
Weapon Criticals
Envoy
Mechanic - Did not make any effects for Drone or Exocortex Mods. Added to my to do list.
Operative
Soldier
Solarian
Technomancer - Very few abilities can be automated here. I have made the effects I can.

To Do:

Mystic
Archetypes
Drone and Exocortex Mods
Star Ship Actions
Pact Worlds Weapons, Items, Feats, Archetypes

Note: The Feats, Items, and Weapon Crit xml is the same one as in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42446-Effect-and-list-of-effect-created). It has just been re-named for clarity.

ChumSlinger
February 22nd, 2018, 18:28
Sorry new person here....... How use/import the xml files you have provided here?

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2018, 18:33
Sorry new person here....... How use/import the xml files you have provided here?
See GM Actions -> Import a Character here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Character_Management

Zgrunt
February 22nd, 2018, 21:28
There's no effect on deadly aim

Blahness98
February 22nd, 2018, 22:28
There's no effect on deadly aim

Corrected this and re-uploaded the file. I got side tracked attempting to look to see how hard it would be to add a [BAB] tag for effects and never went back to it.

chillybilly
February 23rd, 2018, 15:43
Very nice!

Treviron Riaxx
February 24th, 2018, 04:17
Finally got a look at it and damn, that's really efficient and good way of organizing it. Also helped me figure out how to solve my issue of how to implement a few homebrewed things I was wrecking my head over being new and all to FG.

Blahness98
February 24th, 2018, 14:36
Glad you are finding it useful. I haven't been able to work on the other sheets (real life sucks), but I should have some time this weekend to knock off a few more on my list.

If you have questions on how to do stuff, let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Blahness98
February 24th, 2018, 19:34
Added the Operative and had to re-upload Envoy again. It appears a few of the custom IFT effects were not working right.

Treviron Riaxx
February 24th, 2018, 23:05
Great work.

Blahness98
March 2nd, 2018, 21:57
Excuse the delay on the next lists, I have been busy with other projects. Solarian is nearly complete (just have Zenith effects) and Soldier is in layout and just waiting for effects.

Blahness98
March 2nd, 2018, 23:13
Added Solarian.

UltimateGM
March 3rd, 2018, 16:28
Hey blahness98,

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make these effects. You've done an outstanding job and the players at my game have really enjoyed having something that adds a bit more automation to the game. Keep up the good work and happy gaming!

Azaran
March 4th, 2018, 10:25
Thanks for this Blahness98, awesome work, and saving me admin headaches which is always good!

ragnaroc1011
March 6th, 2018, 17:41
Cheers Blah... the work is much appreciated!!!

Gwaihir Scout
March 11th, 2018, 06:34
Great work, but I have a couple of suggestions:

Envoy's Get 'Em effect is great but the IFT effect on your allies doesn't need a duration. Just leave it on all the time since it only activates when there's a Get 'Em effect on the enemy.

Operative's Trick Attack is needlessly complex. You're only attacking the one enemy, no need to set up a conditional for the one attack. Just add the ATK and DMG boost on once the GM says you made your check.

Blahness98
March 11th, 2018, 18:01
Great work, but I have a couple of suggestions:

Envoy's Get 'Em effect is great but the IFT effect on your allies doesn't need a duration. Just leave it on all the time since it only activates when there's a Get 'Em effect on the enemy.

I was deciding which way to roll with this. I settled on the single round for both because as the game gets into higher level, the amount of effects on the tracker can get pretty large. I didn't want to add to the mess that could happen. But, you can easily leave on ally effect on by removing the round limit.

Operative's Trick Attack is needlessly complex. You're only attacking the one enemy, no need to set up a conditional for the one attack. Just add the ATK and DMG boost on once the GM says you made your check.

I think I originally made the effect to make use of the Flat-footed condition. When I tested the effect to see if worked correctly, I noticed the Flat-footed condition was incorrect. I then just adjusted the effect to add a +2 to the attack. I then realized that the effect would then work on all attacks made by the player and I decided to make the effect a custom tag so it would be able to be left on. Then I really over complicated things. I think I will just adjust it to what you suggest as that is easier and leave a note for the player to turn it off when not used.

Samarex
March 12th, 2018, 01:34
Keep in mind Flatfoot has been fixed in the rule set. Scheduled for next update.

Blahness98
March 12th, 2018, 13:37
Keep in mind Flatfoot has been fixed in the rule set. Scheduled for next update.

I know the flat footed condition will work in the next update. This way of doing things would be easier as you do not need to remove the condition after your turn.

What about the other tags I informed you about in the bug thread? See this post..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=378483&highlight=#post378483

Blahness98
March 14th, 2018, 06:02
Here are more effects for the classes above.

Blahness98
March 21st, 2018, 15:44
For those wishing to create their own effects, this is what I have currently worked out. Samarex, feel free to post this to the wiki since I do not have the options to do so.

Conditions:

Conditions
Modifiers Applied
Notes

Asleep

Appears to be a placeholder. Does not place this effect on the person: SKILL: -10, perception; Helpless

Bleeding

Appears to just be a placeholder. Requires DMGO: X, spell/force for the ongoing damage.

Blinded
AC:-2; GRANTCA; SKILL:-2 strength dexterity; SKILL:-4 perception
This is now working correctly.

Broken

Placeholder. There are several different options for this condition.

Burning

Placeholder effect. Requires a DMGO: x fire effect to work properly.

Confused

Placeholder effect.

Cowering
AC: -2
This is not working properly. It appears to be doubling the AC penalty from a possible GRANTCA or Flat-footed effect along with an AC: -2 tag.

Dazed

Placeholder effect only.

Dazzled
ATK:-1; SKILL:-1 perception

Dead

Placeholder Effect

Deafened
INIT: -4; SKILL: -4 perception

Dying

Placeholder Effect. Does not automate anything like in Pathfinder.

Encumbered
SPEED: -10; STR: -5; DEX: -5
Placeholder effect. Does not use the effect (I wrote that quickly).

Entangled
ATK: -2; DEX: -4
Works properly with the execption of the speed reduction which has to be done manually.

Exhausted
DEX:-6; STR:-6

Facinated
SKILL:-4 perception
Only Perception is called out in this effect. Other reactionary skills could be included, but aren't called out specificly.

Fatigued
DEX:-2; STR:-2

Flat-footed
Works properly since update.

Frightened
ATK:-2; SAVE:-2; SKILL:-2; ABIL:-2

Grappled
GRANTCA
Appears to only use the GRANTCA tag. Should be ATK: -2; DEX: -4.

Helpless
AC:-4 melee
Treated as having zero Dex for AC calculation.

Invisible
ATK:2; CA; TCONC
Not in the core rule book conditions chapter. Purely in the rule set by Pathfinder inclusion.

Nauseated

Placeholder Effect.

Off-kilter

Placeholder Effect. The effect should be ATK: -2; Flat-footed

Off-target

Placeholder Effect. Effect should be ATK: -2

Overburdened

Placeholder effect. I don't know if this is possible to automate. Requires individual effects to be created. The speed aspect would be a note for the player/gm, the rest would most likely be hard coded.

Panicked
Should not include the -2 to attack as it is not in the condition per core rule book.

Paralyzed
Treated as having zero Dex for AC calculation

Pinned
GRANTCA, AC:-4
Appears to be direct copy from PF. Effect could be GRANTCA; ATK: -4; AC: -4; SAVE: -4, reflex; INIT: -4; SKILL: -4, dexterity OR GRANTCA; ATK:-4; DEX: -8

Prone
ATK:-4 melee; AC:-4 melee; AC:4 ranged

Shaken

Stable

Placeholder effect.

Staggered

Placeholder effect.

Stunned
GRANTCA; AC: -2
This effect should not have the additional -2 to AC effect on it. It should only provide Flat-footed.

Unconscious
Treated as having zero Dex for AC calculation, Prone effect should be applied separately

Blahness98
March 21st, 2018, 15:59
Modifiers

Format: [tag]: [dice/number] [descriptors]
Case-sensitive
If colon missing, assume no dice, numerical modifier or descriptors.
Modifiers stack as long as their bonus type is blank or unique. If two modifiers have the same bonus type, only the larger value will be used.
When applying effects from PC sheet powers, bracketed ability tags ([STR],[DEX],...) can be added to the modifier dice and numerical portion to adjust by current PC attribute modifiers. The ability tags can be set to negative ([-INT]), half ([HWIS]) or double ([2CHA]).

Modifier
Value
Descriptors
Notes

Combat

INIT
(D)

Initiative checks

ATK
(D)
, [range], opportunity
(T), attack rolls

AC
(N)
[bonus], [range], opportunity
(T), Armor class defense

DMG
(D)
[bonus], [range], [damage type]*
(T), Damage rolls

SAVE
(N)
[bonus], [save]
Saving throws

[b]Abilities

ABIL
(D)
, [ability]
Ability checks

STR
(N)
[bonus]
Strength modifier

DEX
(N)
[bonus]
Dexterity modifier

CON
(N)
[bonus]
Constitution modifier

INT
(N)
[bonus]
Intelligence modifider

WIS
(N)
[bonus]
Wisdom modifier

CHA
(N)
[bonus]
Charisma modifier

[b]Damage

DMGTYPE
(-)
[damage type]
Changes or adds the tagged damage type to the next damage roll. NOTE: If you are using the damage type short codes (A, B, C, F, ect.) the DMGTYPE effect will be ignored. You must have the long name of the damage type in the damage type field on the weapon. FG will ignore this otherwise. See this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=416893&viewfull=1#post416893) and this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46590-Dmgtype&p=416892&viewfull=1#post416892) for more details.

DMGO
(D)
[damage type]
Damage (Ongoing)

FHEAL
(D)
-
Fast Healing

DR
(N)
[special], all
[(T), Damage resistance. Use and/or clause to specify damage types which can overcome DR./td]

IMMUNE
(-)
[damage type], all
(T), Immune to damage type. Assumes all if no [damage type] descriptor.

RESIST
(N)
[damage type], all
(T), Resistance to damage type. Assumes all if no [damage type] descriptor.

VULN
(N)
[damage type], all
(T), Resistance to damage type. Assumes all if no [damage type] descriptor.

[b]Situational

CONC
(-)
[range]*
(T), Concealment (Attacks have 20% miss chance.)

TCONC
(-)
[range]*
(T), Concealment (Total) (Attacks have 50% miss chance.)

PCOVER
(-)
[range]*
(T), Cover (Partial) (ATK: -2) Should grant SAVE: 1, reflex

COVER
(-)
[range]*
(T), Cover (ATK: -4) Should also grant SAVE: 2. reflex

SCOVER
(-)
[range]*
(T), Cover (Superior) (ATK: -8) Should also grant SAVE: 4, reflex

Misc

NLVL
(N)
-
Negative levels. For each negative level, the following modifiers are applied (ATK:-1; SAVE:-1; SKILL:-1; ABIL:-1; CMD:-1).

SKILL
(D)
, [skill], [ability]
Skill Checks

SPEED
(N)
[bonus]
Speed. Informational only.

(D) = Dice and numbers supported for value attribute
(N) = Only numbers supported for value attribute
(-) = Neither number nor dice supported for value attribute
(T) = Effects can be targeted to only apply to modifiers against certain opponents
= alchemical, armor, circumstance, competence, deflection, dodge, enhancement, insight, luck, morale, natural, profane, racial, resistance, sacred, shield, size
[range] = melee, ranged
[damage type] = acid, A, cold, C, electricity, E, fire, F, sonic, S, force, negative, positive, adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, epic, magic, piercing, silver, slashing, chaotic, evil, good, lawful, nonlethal, spell. NOTE: See DAMAGETYPE tag for more details about a potential bug.
[ability name] = strength, constitution, dexterity, intelligence, wisdom, charisma
[skill name] = any skill name
* = Multiple entries of this descriptor type allowed.

Special Components

Unique format for each tag
Case-sensitive

[td][b]Special Tag
Notes

IF: [condition OR conditional operator]
Ignores the remainder of the effect components within the effect label, unless the source actor has the specified condition.

IFT: [condition OR conditional operator]
Ignores the remainder of the effect components within the effect label, unless the opposing actor has the specified condition.

Conditional Operators

Not case-sensitive

[b]Operator
Notes

ALIGN ([alignment])
If the creature indicated by the conditional effect has the given alignment, then this operator returns true.
Neutral is assumed for creatures where not specified.
True neutral checking is not supported due to necessary assumptions to make this feature work for majority of cases automatically.

SIZE ([size])
SIZE ([>= OR <= OR > OR < OR =][size])
If the conditional effect target is of the correct size or larger/smaller based on the size greater/less than operation, then this operator returns true.
Medium size is assumed for creatures where not specified.

TYPE ([creature type]*)
If the creature indicated by the conditional effect has the given creature type, then this operator returns true.
The humanoid creature type is assumed for creatures where not specified, and for PCs.

Wounded
If the conditional effect target has any wounds, then this operator returns true.

Bloodied
If the conditional effect target has wounds greater than or equal to half its hit points, then this operator returns true.

[alignment] = LG, LN, LE, NG, NE, CG, CN, CE, lawful, lawful good, lawful neutral, lawful evil, neutral good, neutral evil, chaotic, chaotic good, chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, good, evil
[size] = F, D, T, S, M, L, H, G, C, fine, diminutive, tiny, small, medium, large, huge, gargantuan, colossal
[creature type] = aberration, animal, construct, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, outsider, plant, undead, vermin, air, angel, aquatic, archon, augmented, chaotic, cold, demon, devil, earth, evil, extraplanar, fire, good, incorporeal, lawful, living construct, native, psionic, shapechanger, swarm, water, dwarf, elf, gnoll, gnome, goblinoid, halfling, human, orc, reptilian
* = Multiple entries of this descriptor type allowed

PC Specific Notes
When applying effects from the Actions tab of the PC sheet, special tags can be inserted to provide numerical bonuses based on the PC's current attributes.

STR
PC Strength bonus

DEX
PC Dexterity bonus

CON
PC Constitution bonus

INT
PC Intelligence bonus

WIS
PC Wisdom bonus

CHA
PC Charisma bonus

BAB
PC Base Attack Bonus

LVL
PC Level

H[other tag]
Half of the other tag

2[other tag]
Double the other tag

-[other tag]
Negative the other tag (including half and double)

Blahness98
March 21st, 2018, 16:00
Reserved Post

Blahness98
July 22nd, 2018, 23:44
Excuse the delay in getting the rest of the effects up for the other classes. Real life has taken some time along with the games I am running. However, I have the remaining classes in layout and they should be done in a week or two. But in the mean time, here is a sneak peak at the other projects I am working on..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/blahness98/Blahs%20Mods_zpskimruvri.png (https://smg.photobucket.com/user/blahness98/media/Blahs%20Mods_zpskimruvri.png.html)

Treviron Riaxx
July 23rd, 2018, 00:18
Wow you've been busy. I had to put it all aside since haven't had any time to do anything. But damn can't wait to see how those turn out.

Blahness98
July 23rd, 2018, 01:52
Granted, everything in these mods are already in the game for those that buy the books, but for those that don't, these might be useful.

I do have to reach out to Rogue Genius Games sometime to see if what I can use from their Starlog Series.

Treviron Riaxx
July 23rd, 2018, 02:46
Yeah I've been working on adding their stuff in my personal game, since bought their starferer companion, gunslinger and witch just it's a lot of work which is crap when you only have a few hours here and there to do anything.

Samarex
July 30th, 2018, 13:10
Effects System for 1.0.12
I am working on a some changes to the rule set for next revision.
First is Weapon Critical Effects. I got it working, now if you roll Critical it will show you the Critical Effect in Chat and also Apply the effect to the target for those that can be automated I.E burn 1d6 will apply the effect Burning; DMGO:1d6 and the damage rolls everyturn the target has it. Some effects I believe are allready coded in I just need to appy it, others I will have to code in.
But I plan on getting the weapon criticals done and the rest I will hold off on a bit so I can work on part two.
The second major change is to the character levleing wizard, I need to make some changes to it for the Armory Chap 2.

Once I get those two done I will work on release of the Armory.

Njust a update to whats goung on.

Treviron Riaxx
July 30th, 2018, 14:29
Wow nice work. :)

Samarex
August 3rd, 2018, 09:55
For those wishing to create their own effects, this is what I have currently worked out. Samarex, feel free to post this to the wiki since I do not have the options to do so.

Conditions:

Conditions
Modifiers Applied
Notes

Asleep

Appears to be a placeholder. Does not place this effect on the person: SKILL: -10, perception; Helpless

Bleeding

Appears to just be a placeholder. Requires DMGO: X, spell/force for the ongoing damage.

Blinded
AC:-2; GRANTCA; SKILL:-2 strength dexterity; SKILL:-4 perception
This is now working correctly.

Broken

Placeholder. There are several different options for this condition.

Burning

Placeholder effect. Requires a DMGO: x fire effect to work properly.

Confused

Placeholder effect.

Cowering
This is not working properly. It appears to be doubling the AC penalty from a possible GRANTCA or Flat-footed effect along with an AC: -2 tag.

Dazed

Placeholder effect only.

Dazzled
ATK:-1; SKILL:-1 perception

Dead

Placeholder Effect

Deafened
INIT: -4; SKILL: -4 perception

Dying

Placeholder Effect. Does not automate anything like in Pathfinder.

Encumbered
SPEED: -10; STR: -5; DEX: -5
Placeholder effect. Does not use the effect (I wrote that quickly).

Entangled
ATK: -2; DEX: -4
Works properly with the execption of the speed reduction which has to be done manually.

Exhausted
DEX:-6; STR:-6

Facinated
SKILL:-4 perception
Only Perception is called out in this effect. Other reactionary skills could be included, but aren't called out specificly.

Fatigued
DEX:-2; STR:-2

Flat-footed
Works properly since update.

Frightened

Grappled
GRANTCA
Appears to only use the GRANTCA tag. Should be ATK: -2; DEX: -4.

Helpless
Treated as having zero Dex for AC calculation.

Invisible
ATK:2; CA; TCONC
Not in the core rule book conditions chapter. Purely in the rule set by Pathfinder inclusion.

Nauseated

Placeholder Effect.

Off-kilter

Placeholder Effect. The effect should be ATK: -2; Flat-footed

Off-target

Placeholder Effect. Effect should be ATK: -2

Overburdened

Placeholder effect. I don't know if this is possible to automate. Requires individual effects to be created. The speed aspect would be a note for the player/gm, the rest would most likely be hard coded.

Panicked
Should not include the -2 to attack as it is not in the condition per core rule book.

Paralyzed
Treated as having zero Dex for AC calculation

Pinned
GRANTCA, AC:-4
Appears to be direct copy from PF. Effect could be GRANTCA; ATK: -4; AC: -4; SAVE: -4, reflex; INIT: -4; SKILL: -4, dexterity OR GRANTCA; ATK:-4; DEX: -8

Prone
ATK:-4 melee; AC:-4 melee; AC:4 ranged

Shaken

Stable

Placeholder effect.

Staggered

Placeholder effect.

Stunned
GRANTCA; AC: -2
This effect should not have the additional -2 to AC effect on it. It should only provide Flat-footed.

Unconscious
Treated as having zero Dex for AC calculation, Prone effect should be applied separately

I am working on some of these Right now. (Mainly the ones that are tied to Weapon Critical Hit Effects.) the rest I will get in as soon as I can.
Note on the Encumbrance effect I should be able to get them coded in to change speed and such without any problems)

But I have one question. STACK-ABLE EFFECTS I.E Burning. Does the Reflex save to clear it, clear ALL Burning effects or is a Reflex save per Burning Effect required.
Right now I have them apply separate, but if it only requires 1 Save to clear them all I can have them combine into 1 effect to help make the CT cleaner.

FG_Dave
August 6th, 2018, 10:21
Wow, you guys have been busy. I wanted to do this as well because I am a huge fan of Starfinder and I am glad to find this.

Thanks so much Blahness and Sam!

KillerRabbit
August 12th, 2018, 07:28
Of i bought everything does this add anything to my game?

Blahness98
August 12th, 2018, 07:53
Of i bought everything does this add anything to my game?

Assuming you are talking about the modules I have in the pipeline, it depends. Right now, I have everything that is open content from the books in modules so you technically would not have to purchase any add on book products. These also include the Dead Suns player options since those were not included with the AP releases due to the rule set not being able to incorporate any class changes. Granted, Sam appears to be working on that issue, so my modules are most likely only going to be redundant or not needed for anyone that purchases everything released. These would be helpful for those that do not want to purchase anything beyond the CRB.

But, I am actually holding off on releasing these until 1.1.2 is released so I can see how the changes in the classes work with the mods.

Samarex
August 12th, 2018, 08:10
Assuming you are talking about the modules I have in the pipeline, it depends. Right now, I have everything that is open content from the books in modules so you technically would not have to purchase any add on book products. These also include the Dead Suns player options since those were not included with the AP releases due to the rule set not being able to incorporate any class changes. Granted, Sam appears to be working on that issue, so my modules are most likely only going to be redundant or not needed for anyone that purchases everything released. These would be helpful for those that do not want to purchase anything beyond the CRB.

But, I am actually holding off on releasing these until 1.1.2 is released so I can see how the changes in the classes work with the mods.

Ok got the Weapon Critical Effects portion of 1.0.12 finished. (Hope to get it pushed to Test Server so some of you can start testing it to see if anything need changed of fixed).
I will now start on the changes required for adding content to Classes.

Weapon Critical Effects automation.
When a Critical hit is rolled if the weapon has a critical effect it now applies to the target(s). Most are either straight effects that are already coded or informational effects applied to let GM know what need done. I.E Arc. it's effect is 1d6 damage to 1 target within a 10' radius of the target. (we don't have a way to deal with AOE yet so I just put the effect up so the GM knows what he needs to do. The effect will clear at the end of the Target turn if the GM don't remove it.

But for Bleed, Burn/Corrode, Wound and Severe Wound there is extra coding.
Bleed (Replacable) If a target gets say bleeding 1d4 and then is again hit with a Bleed effect 1d6 the bleeding 1d4 effect will be replaced with the 1d6 version.
if again hit with a 1d4 version the effect just stays at the 1d6 version.
Burn (Stack-able) I didnt want a bunch of burning effects just adding to the target so I worked out a combining system.
A target get Burn 1d4 (Burning d4;DMGO: 1d4 fire) then again gets hit with Burn 1d4 his Burning d4 effect updates to (Burning d4;DMGO: 2d4 fire). If he gets hit with a 1d6 version then the effect (Burning d6;DMGO: 1d6 fire) is added to his list.
Corrode works the Same way as Burn.
Wound and Severe Wound
These effects when given will first generate a random d20 and apply the proper wound from the wound table 7-11 Wounding Weapons pg 183.
Severe Wound will do this twice and apply both for the character or GM to pick which one they want and delete the other one.

FG_Dave
August 12th, 2018, 08:15
Wow Russell!

Auto applying effects!

Sounds awesome!

theMaXX
October 15th, 2019, 14:51
Hello, guys!
Maybe i'm being noob, but is there a way to add an effect into an enemy that adds bonus to attacks against him?
Like get'em, of the Envoy?
I understand that i can give an attack bonus effect to my allies, but it would be nice to get this bonus only against ONE enemy...

Gwaihir Scout
October 15th, 2019, 15:17
What I do for Get 'Em is to put an effect on all players like this:

IFT: CUSTOM(Get 'Em); ATK: 1

Then the Envoy has an effect that's just "Get 'Em" and she puts it on the enemy she's targeting. The IFT (If Target) effect spots the Get 'Em effect on the enemy and adds one to the attack roll.

theMaXX
October 15th, 2019, 15:40

Then the Envoy has an effect that's just "Get 'Em" and she puts it on the enemy she's targeting. The IFT (If Target) effect spots the Get 'Em effect on the enemy and adds one to the attack roll.

I'll try that!

Samarex
October 15th, 2019, 22:43

If Im not mistaken

If it toward only 1 enemy you can always do AC:-1 in the target, Attack +1 or Defence-1 is the same out come.

One thing to remember is Get em is a Moral bonus so it dont stack if a player already has a moral bonus..
After I get AA3 and COM converted thats my first priorty to set up so effects can have a type tag on them and it will check if that bonus type is being used alreadyand apply which one is higher. To prevent bonus stacking.

Percias
January 17th, 2020, 15:54
What folder do I download these files to so I can use them?

Trenloe
January 17th, 2020, 15:58
What folder do I download these files to so I can use them?
See my answer in post #3.

Percias
January 17th, 2020, 16:00
Im not trying to import a character I want to use these effects

Trenloe
January 17th, 2020, 16:55
Im not trying to import a character I want to use these effects
That's how you use the effects - they are dummy PCs that you import and then access the effects on the PC actions tab.

Azoryl
January 24th, 2020, 23:10
I downloaded the files... imported them in the game... but they are blank characters with no abilities or effects. Any idea?

Blahness98
January 25th, 2020, 16:38
Let me take a peek at what is going on. I haven't been able to do much with these since my focus has been elsewhere.

Ulric
January 30th, 2020, 22:03
I downloaded the files... imported them in the game... but they are blank characters with no abilities or effects. Any idea?

I think you are suppose to use these blank character sheets to create your character. If I am correct you will just import a new character sheet aka "BLANK TEMPLATE" for each PC for the class you are trying to create. If am am wrong perhaps someone else can "explain it like I am 5" :), because post #3 only explains how to import and not what to do with the sheets after you have them in your PC folder.

madman
January 31st, 2020, 06:10
Some of the changes made to the SFRPG ruleset have opened the door for better "use of effects". The Actions tab allows more things to be created now. those sheets are not as complete as they could be "now".

I have been wanting to create a module with it all but since we can not re-drop spells or actions with the effects added so they can be exported it will be some time. If it happens?

Here's to hoping.
Madman..

bmos
March 31st, 2020, 18:50
It looks like the Operative's Edge bonus "Operative's Edge (Level 1); SKILL: 1 insight" is applying a +1 on every skill (even if it already has a higher insight bonus).
Is there an issue with the formatting or is that just a limitation of the program+ruleset?

madman
March 31st, 2020, 19:03
Insight bonus can be tracked on the skills tab.

bmos
March 31st, 2020, 20:26
Yes, although I was hoping the logic would exist in fantasygrounds for it to just pick the higher number as per the rules. This way, if one bonus outpaced the other, it would automatically switch over.

deer_buster
March 31st, 2020, 21:54
Yes, although I was hoping the logic would exist in fantasygrounds for it to just pick the higher number as per the rules. This way, if one bonus outpaced the other, it would automatically switch over.

Do you want it to auto-generate your character from your thoughts too? ;)

deer_buster
March 31st, 2020, 21:57
seriously though, that is a future part of the plan, which is why skill bonuses were broken out like they are...(that may not be the final solution). It just takes a lot of time to implement a lot of those types of automation changes (and we get arguments from others in the community that don't want that kind of automation, so which way should we go?) as well as implement major changes for things like AA3, COM, etc.

bmos
March 31st, 2020, 23:01
I was hoping it might be in the cards eventually. I love that the skills tab breaks it out like it does, much easier to keep track of complex systems that way.

Daso
April 20th, 2020, 14:08
I'm totally new to FGU, so forgive the question if it seems simple to veterans, but how to you use these? FGU isn't exactly the easiest UI to learn from scratch, but I'm getting there! :)

I imported the files as users and I see all the created skills/feats/weapon crits/etc in the spells tab, but how do I actually use them during a session?

I'm going to use the various class xmls as templates for my players, so I get that part. How do the weapon crit effects get applied and how do I copy them to each user? Do I have to re-write anything for my players?

stephan_
April 21st, 2020, 20:02
Drag and drop the spells it into the spell section (it won't work on the actions tab) on the PC sheet (make sure you set up a spellclass first).

Bloodright
April 28th, 2020, 20:30
My group and I do all our coding effects for class abilities in the Actions tab. now that they have coded that tab to recognize class abilities, it is so much easier than it was before.

JustMark
April 29th, 2020, 01:01
Thats super interesting, Bloodright. Do you have these available for other classes?

Bloodright
April 29th, 2020, 04:46
Thats super interesting, Bloodright. Do you have these available for other classes?

I do, i make them as needed while we go through our campaign.

currently my group consists of a Mystic, Envoy, Vanguard, Mechanic (Prototype weapon), and an Operative (Ghost)

JustMark
April 29th, 2020, 17:47
I do, i make them as needed while we go through our campaign.

currently my group consists of a Mystic, Envoy, Vanguard, Mechanic (Prototype weapon), and an Operative (Ghost)

Thanks for posting this. It is very helpful.

I'm using FGU, and am unable to configure the actions panel as you have. For the Operatives edge, for example, I can create the ability class, but am unable to add the effects as you have. Here is an image of where I'm at - the magnifying glass beside "Combat Maneuver" does absolutely nothing. What am I missing?

stephan_
April 29th, 2020, 17:57
I would assume it's the same as FGC:

Right click (on CM) - Add Spell Action - Add Effect

JustMark
April 29th, 2020, 18:12
I would assume it's the same as FGC:

Right click (on CM) - Add Spell Action - Add Effect

Thanks.

On FGU it was Add Action Ability > Add Cast.

It would be nice if FGU had some way to show you screen elements that have right-click actions.

Appreciate your assistance.

Bloodright
April 29th, 2020, 18:43
Thanks.

On FGU it was Add Action Ability > Add Cast.

It would be nice if FGU had some way to show you screen elements that have right-click actions.

Appreciate your assistance.

I also drag abilities onto the section so the player can read the description of the class ability from the action tab.

JustMark
April 30th, 2020, 16:52
My group and I do all our coding effects for class abilities in the Actions tab. now that they have coded that tab to recognize class abilities, it is so much easier than it was before.

Hi,

For your Operative's Trick Attack, it shows (AB) + 19.

Thats Ability+19 ... not following the logic. Can you explain?

Thanks

Bloodright
April 30th, 2020, 17:18
Hi,

For your Operative's Trick Attack, it shows (AB) + 19.

Thats Ability+19 ... not following the logic. Can you explain?

Thanks

would be happy to.. in fact, i realized that i didn't include all the coding for that..

make sure you click the magnifying glass next to the attack line.

set up the ATTACK portion to their skill that they utilize for the Trick attack and the DEFENSE / DC check to 20 +CR.

Bloodright
April 30th, 2020, 17:23
Think i am going to sit down this weekend and see if i can make all the action coding for a class. will need to see if i can make it into a module and share with the group.

JustMark
April 30th, 2020, 17:42
Bloodright - that would be fantastic.

I'm relatively new to FG - picked it up when I heard about the Unity version last fall. There is a lot built into FG, but there is also a lot of frustration with the UI (imo). Your screenshots have helped me get more configuration of my team into FG as just being pointed towards the Effects Wiki was only partially helpful. Your content really needs to be added to the Wiki!

Bloodright
April 30th, 2020, 17:56
the wiki i use for coding effects is from the Pathfinder ruleset, since the original coder for SF pulled everything from the Pathfinder ruleset(I Believe). Just about every single one works perfectly with SF.

i will have to do a bit of research, and see how much each class differs from each other with the abilities. if i can figure out how to link a coding effect to an ability, that would be ideal. then the player or DM would just need to drag the ability to the action tab, some of these abilities already do this.. so try putting the abilities on the action tab first to see if it is already coded.

Bloodright
May 4th, 2020, 19:38
Ok. What I was hoping to do won't work. At least to my current knowledge. Putting together a list of skills and their coding might be the current optimal way to share the effect. Going to look at making a Google sheet and make a database of coding effects fir each class.

Ulric
May 4th, 2020, 21:14
Ok. What I was hoping to do won't work. At least to my current knowledge. Putting together a list of skills and their coding might be the current optimal way to share the effect. Going to look at making a Google sheet and make a database of coding effects fir each class.

I've been trying to create a sheet too! I would like to contribute to the project.

Bloodright
May 4th, 2020, 21:17
I've been trying to create a sheet too! I would like to contribute to the project.

I am currently traveling, but when I get back home Wednesday or Friday (traveling for work) I will look at putting something together this weekend and put up a Public Google sheet.

Bloodright
May 9th, 2020, 23:40
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K66OIDU58wr9yd-YfdmlW9Ut4TbbpVdos8WlV8CJseA/edit?usp=sharing

Google sheet i am putting together with coding effects..

If you know a way to code something, please leave a comment on how and why. I am always looking for ways to improve.

Bloodright
May 14th, 2020, 20:35
I finished up the Primary fighting styles for Soldier last night, need to make coding effects for any Gear Boost, and class features. This is all rough draft stuff, so i will need to make another pass on it later. going to work on Operative next.

CaryScott
May 31st, 2020, 23:22
Can you give an example all parsed out, Say for the shield spell?

<shield type="number">0</shield> ???

Shield (spell);<Shield type="4">4</shield>

is this what you type into the effects line

Bloodright
May 31st, 2020, 23:47
no.. if you mean shield spell that adds 4 to AC..

EFFECTS: Shield; AC: 4 (set target to self and duration 1 rd)

CaryScott
May 31st, 2020, 23:53
Thanks, got it to work, I was making that way to complicated, I thought that the character sheet would update in the AC section to reflect the effect.

HeckoX
July 10th, 2020, 03:02
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I was fiddling with the Operative's Trick attack myself before stumbling on this thread and I do have a way to automate the initial check.

Add a "spell" in the Actions tab for each of the three possible checks (stealth, bluff, intimidate)
Add and ability action of the Cast Type
Attack is Ability + Skill [+ Modifiers]
Defense is 20 + CR

Here's an example for the stealth check for a Lvl 1 operative with the Ghost specialisation

Also, something I don't really understand - why apply a "Tricked" effect to the targeted enemy?
Isn't it less work for all parties to only apply an effect to the player, when the check is successful, which expires after their turn?

deer_buster
July 10th, 2020, 04:16
If I was setting that up, it would just be to indicate WHY they were flat-footed or the other one for debilitating trick....if it is just on the level 1 trick attack, setting a Tricked indicator for a single roll is pointless and too many extra steps.

Ulric
July 12th, 2020, 01:42
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I was fiddling with the Operative's Trick attack myself before stumbling on this thread and I do have a way to automate the initial check.

Add a "spell" for each of the three possible checks (stealth, bluff, intimidate)
Add and ability action of the Cast Type
Attack is Ability + Skill [+ Modifiers]
Defense is 20 + CR

Here's an example for the stealth check for a Lvl 1 operative with the Ghost specialisation

Also, something I don't really understand - why apply a "Tricked" effect to the targeted enemy?
Isn't it less work for all parties to only apply an effect to the player, when the check is successful, which expires after their turn?

How do you create the "Ability Use" window? I followed your steps but non of the cast types I could create are like the screen shot you provided.

deer_buster
July 12th, 2020, 02:32
How do you create the "Ability Use" window? I followed your steps but non of the cast types I could create are like the screen shot you provided.

On your right click radial menu, select "Add Cast". For the Actions tab that gives you the Ability Use window.

HeckoX
July 12th, 2020, 14:53
If I was setting that up, it would just be to indicate WHY they were flat-footed or the other one for debilitating trick....if it is just on the level 1 trick attack, setting a Tricked indicator for a single roll is pointless and too many extra steps.
My feelings exactly. If it was an effect with a duration longer than the same action that gives the effect, I would have done the same. As it is now, it just gives the GM an extra task to manually remove the effect after the next roll or two, which seems silly to me.

Sorry, like deer_buster mentions, it needs to be done from the Actions tab, which wasn't made clear, so I've updated my original post to better reflect this.

You should end up with something like this

So start by making an ability class in the Actions tab
Select # of sections to b 1
Name the section (mine says Trick Attack)
And then follow the steps from the previous post

In the image, you can see 2 buttons: one for the check and one for the effect (the latter of which they only press if they were successful; easy as pie).

ATK:2 is to substitute for flat-footed, since mechanically it's the same.
The only downside to my solution is that if the effect is applied and the PC misses the target, the GM needs to manually remove the rest of the effect (the added dmg die)

Ulric
July 14th, 2020, 00:13
Thanks @deer_buster and HeckoX I got it working. I never realized that was possible to do this on the Action tab.

sgtwhy
August 12th, 2020, 02:30

This thread has been a big help! trying to get one of the PCs, biohacker abilities created ... which took awhile to figure out ... and now, thanks to the effects list (page 3) ... think I can finish them up.

CommanderSalamander
September 27th, 2020, 02:08
I noticed that some of the Starfinder coding effects here don't always work on Fantasy Grounds Unity. Here is a version of Trick Attack for an operative that does work on FGU as of today's version (9/26/20). Some of the things that really threw me were semi-colons versus colons, and lower case vs upper case sensitivity. Also knowing to target self or targets is tricky. attached is a screenshot with the magnifying glass menus opened to see the coding effect.

deer_buster
October 12th, 2020, 19:05
Semi-colon vs colon usage hasn't changed between the two versions. Case currently matters, although a case (pun intended) could be made for it not to matter. Superteddy has a universal effects engine in the hopper that will hopefully simplify effects and make it more natural language....but that could be a while away.

jrock1
October 12th, 2020, 19:11
User-friendly, quality of life changes are always great. What would rock would be a drop-down list effects statement builder with validation, so that users wouldn't have to leave FG Unity to figure out how to add Trick Attack IF statement or DMGO for example, quickly.

deer_buster
October 12th, 2020, 19:27
Well, even better yet is to have the effects built into the abilities, so you just drag, say, Trick Attack to the actions tab and it builds it for you...which would be much easier than doing what you suggested.

jrock1
October 12th, 2020, 19:34
Completely agree, that's even better, as long as they're still editable by the end-user.

Ulric
October 12th, 2020, 22:45
Well, even better yet is to have the effects built into the abilities, so you just drag, say, Trick Attack to the actions tab and it builds it for you...which would be much easier than doing what you suggested.

I totally agree!

jrock1
October 26th, 2020, 23:09
For the Trick Attack, in the image posted above by CommanderSalamander, I wouldn't put a Duration on the IFT statement(s); they should be permanent so that the Player doesn't have to keep clicking the IFT statement buttons. The CUSTOM text on the Target will determine which IFT statement will be utilized. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Littlerogue
December 10th, 2020, 10:56
Hi ! New player here, and i struggle to import the list of effects. The second post suggest to import .xml files as characters but it seems that it isn't working ...

Ulric
December 10th, 2020, 21:26
Hi ! New player here, and i struggle to import the list of effects. The second post suggest to import .xml files as characters but it seems that it isn't working ...

See post #3. You download these files and then select the PC button in FG and then the import button to import them as if they were a PC. The info will be contained in the "Character Sheet".

Flyteach
December 20th, 2020, 17:03
Hi, I've read through this thread from top to bottom, imported the .xml file, but then still get stuck on what to do next? Do I drag and drop onto my character sheet? Do I create a whole new character with all the effects? What happens if one multi-classes? It just seems that while the potential is fantastic, and those who understand the system can use it to great effect (pun intended), I'm just not able to put together the steps to bring this into my games. For instance, when I add a new effect and right click, I don't see "Use" as an option, so I'm flummoxed how to get to the screen shots shown several times with a "Use" ability window. I see a bunch of videos for DnD, but I'm not making the leap to SF easily there either. I hate to sound whiny, but is there any help out there?
Thanks!
Flyteach

Ulric
December 20th, 2020, 20:57
Hi, I've read through this thread from top to bottom, imported the .xml file, but then still get stuck on what to do next? Do I drag and drop onto my character sheet? Do I create a whole new character with all the effects? What happens if one multi-classes? It just seems that while the potential is fantastic, and those who understand the system can use it to great effect (pun intended), I'm just not able to put together the steps to bring this into my games. For instance, when I add a new effect and right click, I don't see "Use" as an option, so I'm flummoxed how to get to the screen shots shown several times with a "Use" ability window. I see a bunch of videos for DnD, but I'm not making the leap to SF easily there either. I hate to sound whiny, but is there any help out there?
Thanks!
Flyteach

I understand how you feel because I felt the same way when I started GMing SF. I will try to help but others here may have better suggestions. The examples on page 3 of this thread are very helpful. The language that FG uses to automate effects is similar but not always exact between rulesets. This means that you can search how to do something in another ruleset and it will probably work. It's also important to remember that the SF ruleset is evolving into a more powerful ruleset as the Developers add functionality. The XML effects that you imported as PCs are to be used as an example. Create a new PC and refer to the XML PC to see if an Effect can be automated. Sometimes even though the example says you can't automate an effect you really can now because of an improvement to FG or an extension has been created to provide that ability.

Start slow and replicate some basic effects using the page 3 examples. Use the "Actions" tab to create categories of the PCs abilities that can be automated.

Flyteach
December 21st, 2020, 15:52
Ulric, thanks for the reply. I'm still confused about what to do with those imported effect PCs. And I supposed to just duplicate that functionality? Drag and drop? I'm not currently looking to create new ones, there's a bunch of what appears to be good ones already done in those XML files, just not understanding how to use what's already in the wild. Maybe I'm not clear on what the purpose of those XML PC files really is?
Flyteach

Ulric
December 22nd, 2020, 01:37
Ulric, thanks for the reply. I'm still confused about what to do with those imported effect PCs. And I supposed to just duplicate that functionality? Drag and drop? I'm not currently looking to create new ones, there's a bunch of what appears to be good ones already done in those XML files, just not understanding how to use what's already in the wild. Maybe I'm not clear on what the purpose of those XML PC files really is?
Flyteach
Just Duplicate the on a new CS. They are simply a guidebook. I agree there should be some Starfinder videos. I do not have the time to make one.

Flyteach
December 22nd, 2020, 03:22
Ulric, thanks. I just wasn't sure what to do. I certainly appreciate your time in helping me out. Hopefully I'll get more up to speed, but this will let me use more of the tool while playing and I love that about FG.
Flyteach

mcharbon72
January 24th, 2021, 20:50
Anyway to have a damage type based bonus to saves?
Ex: Battle Medic Theme, 6th level feature: Exposure Immunity. Gives +1 to Fortitude save vs poison and diseases
I want to create an effect for this, else I always forget my +1 bonus...
Exposure Immunity; SAVE: 1, fortitude [damage type] <-- is that in place?

I use a lot the list of effects found on page 3 of this thread. Was it updated recently?

Evolivolution
January 24th, 2021, 20:57
No mcharbon72, there is currently no way to automate that kind of interaction (as far as I know).

deer_buster
January 24th, 2021, 22:15
Maybe once the new effects engine gets built, but the SW developers have a lot on their plates.

jrock1
January 28th, 2021, 01:56
I'm probably going to get yelled at for this, but have the effects on the .xml's been updated for Unity or are no updates required; use as-is?

madman
January 28th, 2021, 14:33
Why would you get yelled at? Effects are the same.

Madman..

Ulric
January 28th, 2021, 19:26
I'm probably going to get yelled at for this, but have the effects on the .xml's been updated for Unity or are no updates required; use as-is?
My understanding is that available Effects are based on the ruleset coding. Other than essential code maintenance and additions required to sell new Paizo Starfinder products, the Starfinder ruleset is mostly frozen at its current state. There is also a major FG update that @Moonwizard just announced that is also preventing rulesets from updating until after these new changes are released. SW also does not have a dedicated employee developer for the SFRPG ruleset currently. @Superteddy57 is doing his best to keep everything functioning here until someone is hired to work on SFRPG ruleset improvements full time. If anyone feels I have gotten something wrong, please comment and correct my explanation.

jdelcom
May 27th, 2021, 12:01
Not sure if this was talked before. I re-downloaded the effects the other day, and while creating an envoy I found the Inspiring Boost was not coded. I edited it as a heal effect, Type SP, 2xCL+Cha and it seems to be working fine!

San Holo
June 12th, 2021, 05:20
I noticed that the Feat "Dive for Cover" is not in the posted "Feats, Items, Weapon Crits" XML.
How would I encode that effect? It seems to be written like a 5E "advantage" dieroll (i.e. take the better of two dierolls)

Would something like this work?
Dive for Cover; ADVSAV: reflex

Thank you

Evolivolution
June 12th, 2021, 10:15
I noticed that the Feat "Dive for Cover" is not in the posted "Feats, Items, Weapon Crits" XML.
How would I encode that effect? It seems to be written like a 5E "advantage" dieroll (i.e. take the better of two dierolls)

Would something like this work?
Dive for Cover; ADVSAV: reflex

Thank you

The Starfinder ruleset doesn't support advantage in effects, so you do what it says manually: roll that Reflex save twice (taking the better result of the two).

San Holo
June 13th, 2021, 05:27
Oh that's very unfortunate, but thank you for clarifying that effect.

Ulric
July 3rd, 2021, 14:57
If you are a GM and you drag an NPC with a vulnerability to the Combat Tracker the vulnerability effect will fail to transfer to the Combat Tracker. This caused by the ruleset not properly parsing the NPC sheet. How do you fix this problem? You need to look at a NPC such as the Assembly Ooze, there is a category named Weaknesses and this is where Vulnerability will be listed. In order to fix this problem you should open the NPC and unlock it's sheet. If the sheet is unlockable then you must drag and drop the NPC within the NPC window. This will create a unlocked duplicate of the original locked NPC sheet.

Once the NPC sheet is open you will need to add it to the Defensive Abil. category which currently has this entry "Immunities ooze immunities; SR 0". Because there are already defenses listed you will need to add the following without the quotes, add a ";" and a "space" followed by "Weaknesses Vulnerable to electricity". Here is how you Defensive Abil. entry will look. "Immunities ooze immunities; SR 0; Weaknesses Vulnerable to electricity". I would also delete the text in the Weaknesses category. You can lock the NPC sheet now. Now drag the NPC link to the Combat Tracker and you should see "VULN: electricity" listed in the NPC effects.

What if you have an NPC with two Vulnerabilities such as the Maintenance Robots from Dark Suns AP5. The Defenses Abil. entry is "nanite repair; Immunities construct immunities, Weaknesses vulnerable to electricity, vulnerable to critical hits"

Evolivolution
July 3rd, 2021, 16:02
I can agree on the Weaknesses section of the NPC sheet. It failed to work properly for a long time.

I do not agree on the vulnerable to critical hits part. Superteddy and I recently worked hard to make that part work and it should be calculating properly. If this is not the case pls hit me up on discord so we can talk about it (ID is below).

Ulric
July 3rd, 2021, 17:22
I can agree on the Weaknesses section of the NPC sheet. It failed to work properly for a long time.

I do not agree on the vulnerable to critical hits part. Superteddy and I recently worked hard to make that part work and it should be calculating properly. If this is not the case pls hit me up on discord so we can talk about it (ID is below).
I sent you a discord message.

Evolivolution
July 20th, 2021, 18:59
With the Forge released, I was thinking this would be great on there. It would be easy to update and a great resource to direct people towards.
I don't know if Blahness is still around, but maybe someone could pick up where we stand right now? I could do it I just don't want to go ahead to steal the work Blahness has alread putten into this.

Blahness98
July 28th, 2021, 23:15
I really haven't done much of anything with Starfinder in several years. While I own all the physical books and have gotten some of the stuff for FG, my group dislikes the system and I haven't run a game in SF since Armory was released. I'd like to come back, but I don't have the group and the time to run again.

If someone wants to add to this, feel free. Just credit the work already done and keep adding.

Daniel Fletcher
August 29th, 2021, 05:38
Half damage from a effect: Like Fire
So I get this: RESIST: 15 fire
And that will reduce the damage by 15 but if I want to Resist half the damge what do I put in: Tried
RESIST: H fire thinking that would be half
RESIST: fire thinking that would be half

So what is the correct Effect?

Evolivolution
August 29th, 2021, 13:34
There currently is no effect for that. You'd have to use the manual half damage button in the global modifiers.

indiglossia
November 2nd, 2021, 00:46
Trying to figure out how to download the .xml and must be missing something. I see at the bottom where it says "Attached Files" but there is nothing to click

indiglossia
November 2nd, 2021, 00:47
Trying to figure out how to download the .xml and must be missing something. I see at the bottom where it says "Attached Files" but there is nothing to click'
Works on Edge browser

Thelgor
January 1st, 2022, 18:04
Threw the effect strings into an Effects module (I hope I attached it correctly). I tried to remove duplicates and conditions provided normally by button push (unless it was tied to a specific ability).

Thelgor
January 1st, 2022, 21:33
Before I go all in, is there anything currently like this?

It's just a sample of what I'm working on and includes the Technomancer and Soldier entries that had effects coding. But as spells. There is no class or level restrictions but you do need to have a Spells grouping defined to drag it in to on your character sheet Spells tab.

Should clarify, the spells group name can be anything. The group just has to exist so you can drop a "spell" on it.

Thelgor
January 2nd, 2022, 18:03
Happy New Year!

The attached module contains all the effects, I hope, from the class XML files in both Effect and Spell formats. These are just the effects without the corresponding texts - unsure on OGL implications of my full version so stripped out most texts. Granted, you can fill them in if you want. Hope this helps.

Ulric
January 2nd, 2022, 19:54
Happy New Year!

The attached module contains all the effects, I hope, from the class XML files in both Effect and Spell formats. These are just the effects without the corresponding texts - unsure on OGL implications of my full version so stripped out most texts. Granted, you can fill them in if you want. Hope this helps.
This is a excellent contribution to the Starfinder community. You can include the descriptions as long as you include the required legal statements. You need the OGL statement in your module and you can take a look at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22402-OGL-material-for-use-in-Fantasy-Grounds and https://aonsrd.com/Licenses.aspx also look at how user Evolivolution created their modules and what they inculded for legal purposes. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/430/view

Evolivolution
January 2nd, 2022, 20:59
Yeah luckily Paizo is very generous with their licensing :)

GabhellXVX
February 21st, 2022, 07:05
Hii, i'm new here and i just couldn't figure out how to use these effect xml files. :(
Help?

Thelgor
February 21st, 2022, 12:20
This might be of interest to you. It's those effects in a module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71964-Starfinder-Effects-and-Effect-Spells

In regards to using them, how deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

While this video is for classic and the 5e ruleset, the basic principles apply:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKl4sROFq8

This is the FGU wiki on the subject:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641187/Reference+-+Effects

In addition to this forum and FG's discord server, there is an organization named Fantasy Grounds Academy that does a lot to help new players.

stephan_
February 21st, 2022, 12:32
Hii, i'm new here and i just couldn't figure out how to use these effect xml files. :(
Help?

You would import them as PCs (Character selection Window - Import - Import from filesystem). After that you could drag and drop it over to other PC sheets.

As Thelgor suggested, the linked module is another option.

Edit: There is also the new updated wiki page (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2011037697/Starfinder+Advanced+Effects).

cyblix
November 25th, 2022, 02:20
Looks like there is a dedicated page now for Starfinder Effects in the wiki, https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2011037697/Starfinder+Advanced+Effects.

Can more be added to it? For other classes.
If someone could double-check if the below, for Biohacker, is accurate?
I could work on more if it's helpful.

(edit: Updating with Evo's comments)
Biohacker Abilities

Power[Source]
Effect Code
Duratin/Target/Expend
Notes

Minor Inhibitor (Attack Roll)
Minor Inhibitor (Attack Roll); ATK: -1
Duration= INT + 3 Fixed rounds
Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive

Basic Booster (Armor Class)
Basic Booster (Armor Class); AC: 1 enchancement
Duration= INT rounds

Basic Booster (Skill Checks)
Basic Booster (Skill Checks); SKILL:2 enhancement
Duraction= INT rounds

Basic Booster (Speed)
Basic Booster (Speed); SPEED: 10 enhancement
Duration= INT rounds
Informational; Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive

Basic Inhibitor (Armor Class)
Basic Inhibitor (Armor Class); AC: -2

Basic Inhibitor (Resistance)
Basic Inhibitor (Acid reduction);
Informational; Create multiple effects changing damage types (acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic); Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive

Basic Inhibitor (Damage Reduction)
Basic Inhibitor (Damage Reduction);
Informational; Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive

Evolivolution
November 25th, 2022, 09:29
Basic Booster (Armor Class); AC: 1 -> Basic Booster (Armor Class); AC: 1 enhancement
Basic Booster (Skill Checks); SKILL:2, any, enhancement -> Basic Booster (Skill Checks); SKILL: 2 enhancement
Basic Booster (Speed); SPEED: 10 -> Basic Booster (Speed); SPEED: 10 enhancement
Basic Inhibitor (Acid reduction); VULN:5, acid ~ doesn't work and there is no effect that can make it work!
Basic Inhibitor (Damage Reduction); VULN: 5, bludgeoning;VULN: 5, piercing; VULN: 5, slashing ~ doesn't work and there is no effect that can make it work!

All of these can also have WIS instead of INT.

cyblix
November 25th, 2022, 17:32
Thanks Evolivolution!
I wasn't sure on SKILL assuming all since some lines above specifically called out all. Updated.
Changed reductions to informational.

IMMUNE | (-) | [damage type], all | (T), Immune to damage type. Assumes all if no [damage type] descriptor.
vs.
SKILL | (D) | [bonus], [skill], [ability] | Skill checks

Spaceferret42
January 25th, 2023, 11:37
Hey the link you provided for finding information on importing these effects appears broken

Thelgor
January 25th, 2023, 12:38
Hey the link you provided for finding information on importing these effects appears broken

If you are referring to Trenloe's posting on page 1, there's been some modifications made to the wiki since he posted that link. I could not find a corresponding page so the information may be have been moved to other pages or just deleted.

However, to import the files:

Save the XML files to a folder on your machine. Start FGU and create or load a Starfinder campaign. On the right side of the screen, expand the Player category and click on Characters. On the bottom right of the Characters GUI, you should see 3 little symbols. Click on the down arrow symbol to Import Character. This will change the Characters GUI to the Import Character GUI. In the Import Character GUI, you should see two symbols at the bottom right. Click the down arrow symbol to Import Character File. Then select the XML file you saved earlier to your local folder and click Open.