PDA

View Full Version : [Savage worlds] Bullets and Bootleggers

dcook0323
February 21st, 2018, 15:53
Checking interest in a bi-weekly game on Friday evenings. It will be set in 1924 Philadelphia and follows a crew of gangsters cashing in on prohibition. Planning is still in early stages and session 0 will likely be in 3 weeks. This puts the schedule on opposite weeks from my in person game.

Daedalus
February 21st, 2018, 19:58
Checking interest in a bi-weekly game on Friday evenings. It will be set in 1924 Philadelphia and follows a crew of gangsters cashing in on prohibition. Planning is still in early stages and session 0 will likely be in 3 weeks. This puts the schedule on opposite weeks from my in person game.

I would be interested. I actually have Gangbuster's 3rd edition and if I could get the rules set up for Fantasy Grounds I would run that because I have a lot of good ideas for that.

So you have at least one person interested

dcook0323
February 22nd, 2018, 00:38
I've never read gangbusters. I tend to homebrew everything I do but I love finding inspiration from other people's work. I'll PM you a link to my discord where my players can reach me, talk about the game, and get updates. Also will be used for audio for the session

Daedalus
February 22nd, 2018, 01:06
Ok sounds good.

Casimir
February 22nd, 2018, 20:44
I'd be interested in this if the time zone is right for me. What's your time zone @dcook0323? And what time are you looking at starting the game?

@Daedalus - I had a copy of Gangbusters 1st Edition (bought Boot Hill 2nd Ed. at the same time) for a long time but never got to play it. Unfortunately my copy disappeared over the years.

dcook0323
February 22nd, 2018, 20:49
Est. And it would be starting at 7 pm

Casimir
February 22nd, 2018, 21:05
Sadly that's too early for me. Good luck with the game though! :)

Daedalus
February 23rd, 2018, 13:51
I'd be interested in this if the time zone is right for me. What's your time zone @dcook0323? And what time are you looking at starting the game?

@Daedalus - I had a copy of Gangbusters 1st Edition (bought Boot Hill 2nd Ed. at the same time) for a long time but never got to play it. Unfortunately my copy disappeared over the years.

I am going to find a way to run a game of Gangbusters, whether I am able to do it through Fantasy Grounds or another way. I really like the game and want to run it. Lots of great ideas

Though Savage Worlds might do a pretty good job at the setting as well

Daedalus
March 8th, 2018, 19:37
So what's the status of this game? Is this happening or did it fall apart?

dcook0323
March 8th, 2018, 19:39
I only had two people express interest so i won’t be running it this time. I’m the future I’m hoping my work schedule will change and leave more free days. But please keep an eye out for any upcoming one shots I put together

Daedalus
March 8th, 2018, 20:40
I only had two people express interest so i won’t be running it this time. I’m the future I’m hoping my work schedule will change and leave more free days. But please keep an eye out for any upcoming one shots I put together

Ok Sounds good

SammyWest
March 9th, 2018, 09:50
I may be interested in joining!

Daedalus
March 9th, 2018, 16:55

Well maybe three people being interested mean this game happens. I find you need to post a lot in recruiting threads and keep them at the top of the 1st page or people will miss them.

Daedalus
March 9th, 2018, 16:58

Feel free to join on the calander: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2990

Sephiir
March 9th, 2018, 17:54
I just applied on the Calendar!

Daedalus
March 9th, 2018, 18:24
It always helps when the game master puts the link to the calendar in the thread. Makes it easier for players to sign up.

We have 3 possibly 4 players. Hopefully the GM will go through with it. I will PM him and let him know.

dcook0323
March 9th, 2018, 18:36
Hey everybody. Sorry about that little bit of inactivity on my part. I had some things at home with the kids and work and FG got bumped to the back burner. I’m still here, we’ll still run this. I have three players as of right now and have set a session date and time for next Friday. We can proceed with this game and of course if more people sign up between now and then they would be welcome. But as of right now THE GAME IS ALL SET TO BEGIN.

Our first session will be a session zero and group character creation. It will probably run shorter than a typical 3 hour session but I think for this game we need a cohesive group and that’s easiest through group creation

Daedalus
March 9th, 2018, 18:50
Hey everybody. Sorry about that little bit of inactivity on my part. I had some things at home with the kids and work and FG got bumped to the back burner. I’m still here, we’ll still run this. I have three players as of right now and have set a session date and time for next Friday. We can proceed with this game and of course if more people sign up between now and then they would be welcome. But as of right now THE GAME IS ALL SET TO BEGIN.

Our first session will be a session zero and group character creation. It will probably run shorter than a typical 3 hour session but I think for this game we need a cohesive group and that’s easiest through group creation

This is fantastic. Can you tell us a little more about the setting? If I know more and know what type of characters you are looking for I can kind of get to work in my mind on a character

dcook0323
March 9th, 2018, 18:55
I will put together a google doc with a little background and summary that should help people get the gears turning. Once it’s ready I’ll post a link. Probably get it written up this evening and posted late tonight or tomorrow morning

dcook0323
March 10th, 2018, 15:06
For anyone signed up for the game that would like access to a little background and a few of the custom edges and hindrances there is a link added into the calendar event. The edges and hindrances arent finalized yet and will likely be updated again in the next few days.

Daedalus
March 10th, 2018, 19:52
For anyone signed up for the game that would like access to a little background and a few of the custom edges and hindrances there is a link added into the calendar event. The edges and hindrances arent finalized yet and will likely be updated again in the next few days.

Like what I see so far. So we are making gangster characters? Also, I take it those characters listed are NPC's that we will interact with.

Also, if it's taking place in Philadelphia I live outside of Philadelphia so any assistance with the area you may need I can be of assistance

dcook0323
March 10th, 2018, 20:01
Yea pretty much everything you said is correct. The pcs will be a crew of gangsters working together. And the NPCs in the doc are just some local flavor and will come up in our plot arch to some extent

Daedalus
March 12th, 2018, 15:39
Yea pretty much everything you said is correct. The pcs will be a crew of gangsters working together. And the NPCs in the doc are just some local flavor and will come up in our plot arch to some extent

Ok, cool. I will be working on an idea for a character

Daedalus
March 13th, 2018, 19:56
Just want to say I am looking forward to Friday's character creation session. I have some ideas brewing

dcook0323
March 13th, 2018, 20:37
Just want to say I am looking forward to Friday's character creation session. I have some ideas brewing

So am I. Waiting to confirm with the other players but hopefully nobody backs out. We'll figure it out anyway

Daedalus
March 14th, 2018, 17:11
So am I. Waiting to confirm with the other players but hopefully nobody backs out. We'll figure it out anyway

I hope not. I can always go into my G+ account into the Savage Worlds communities and try to recruit. I know how it feels, I was running a Savage Worlds Streets of Bedlam game that fell apart due to flakey people

dcook0323
March 15th, 2018, 04:09
Bad news for my current players. Because of a snow storm that hit where I live I’ve been called into work for Friday night. We will have to reschedule our session zero. If it works for everyone we can try again Saturday or wait a week. Hopefully everyone sees this and can get back to me with their preference

Daedalus
March 15th, 2018, 04:10
Bad news for my current players. Because of a snow storm that hit where I live I’ve been called into work for Friday night. We will have to reschedule our session zero. If it works for everyone we can try again Saturday or wait a week. Hopefully everyone sees this and can get back to me with their preference

Ok, let us know when you want to have session 0 and I will try to make it work

Daedalus
March 15th, 2018, 14:20
I could be available for this Saturday if You want to schedule the session 0 for then

Daedalus
March 21st, 2018, 20:42
So this Friday is Session 0 character creation. Just to let the GM know, I have a guy I have gamed with and I told him about the last remaining spot. Not sure if he can make it or not but he has played in my games and he is good

Daedalus
April 1st, 2018, 15:19
Just a heads up: The GM is still looking for players so if you are interested in this game please feel free to join up: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2990

SammyWest
April 1st, 2018, 16:56
Do you have discord?

Daedalus
April 2nd, 2018, 20:29
Do you have discord?

The Gamemaster (who isnt me) is using discord for voice chat. You an sign up on the calendar here by clicking on the link in the post I made above.

Nyghtmare
April 3rd, 2018, 15:15
The link is coming back with a "404 Not Found" error when I click on it, for the record...

Daedalus
April 3rd, 2018, 22:00
Try this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2990