PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of annihilation question

Kardock
February 20th, 2018, 22:35
Hi all,

For those of you that have run this module, could you please tell me how you managed that player map where the middle is only blank hexagons?

I thought adding a note with a public pin to each hexa that the players explore, but after a few, this will get crowded for sure.

I wish to keep track of the ones that are explored and for the players to be able to see those notes.

Any better way to manage that? From my limited experience, I believe this is the best way to go with this.

Thank you!

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2018, 22:42
Their is actually an extra map in the in the FG version that is the full map of Chult, but in a player version (I forget what it is named atm). You can use the mask feature and just reveal those hexes that they players explore. You can share the middle blank map with them unmasked, but the full detail player map I would use the mask.

If that doesn't make sense, I can load up the module and get the proper names and give you some screen shot examples.

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2018, 22:43
Instead of using the map with the blank bits, use the filled in one but mask the middle bits. Then reveal the hexes as the players explore.

PS: Read the Story entry ‘How to use this module in Fantasy Grounds’

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2018, 22:46
Ah, I knew this was familiar, see; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42239-Tomb-of-Annihilations-Player-Map

Kardock
February 20th, 2018, 22:47
Yeah of course, I knew that. Let’s put this question under ‘brain farts’ :(