PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with pre-3.2 library

Ego-Tripical
February 20th, 2018, 16:19
Hi, I pasted the contents of my old app data folder and now my library no longer offers me the added buttons for building a characters ie: Spells, skills, feats etc etc

How do I either:
Return these options
or
if I re-install, what do I want to ensure is not being over written that caused this?

Tks =D

Trenloe
February 20th, 2018, 16:21
I'm guessing you're running an older ruleset - as you've copied over an old app-data backup.

Run an update so you have the latest rulesets and commercial modules.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2018, 16:23
To be sure you can look at the version numbers for CoreRPG and the ruleset you're running in the chat window when you load up. Most recent versions are v3.3.4.

Ego-Tripical
February 20th, 2018, 16:27
Update was the first thing I tried. Running 3.3.4.

So it sounds like I can re-install and omit the ruleset folder to avoid this?

Erin Righ
February 20th, 2018, 16:35
Or go to Library and make sure the buttons are checked

Ego-Tripical
February 20th, 2018, 17:02
Or go to Library and make sure the buttons are checked
That panel is missing from the library. It just looks like the old one. Later I am going to reinstall and then just add the tokens, maps, images, character folders cause I think that's all I really need. I just wasn't sure what I pasted caused this so I can hopefully avoid it again with a number of trial and error reinstalls.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2018, 17:04
Are you running any extensions or themes? These may need updating.

Post a screenshot of your chat window after loading the campaign - this will show us what is being loaded.

Erin Righ
February 20th, 2018, 17:04
Oh, ok

Ego-Tripical
February 20th, 2018, 17:08
Oh yeah I will need to update them then. That's fine cause it looks like there are some extension that came out in my absence I'm going to want to get.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2018, 17:26
Yeah - update extensions and also update those rulesets - they are still v3.1.2 - that is the actual cause of your original issue.

Go to your <FG app data>\rulesets directory and check for unzipped CoreRPG and 5E directories. If there aren't any, delete CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak and run an update.

Ego-Tripical
February 20th, 2018, 17:34
Ok I deleted my rulesets, reopened and updated to fill in with all new rule sets. Issue resolved thank you =D