PDA

View Full Version : FG Map Module Generator

ColinBuckler
February 19th, 2018, 23:44
Having a requirement to create several maps modules I decided to write a routine to automate the creation process and to share with the FG community. Therefore attached is a zip file which contains a .exe routine I have created which will generate a .mod file for images (png/jpg).

The fields are:

Map Module Name: This is the name of the Modulefile (minus the .mod extension)

Category: Category the map file will sit within on FG

Author: Your name

Image Folder: The folder containing jpg/png you want to make a module containing (no ending "\")

Module Folder: The folder the module should be saved in when creating (no ending "\")

Enclosed is an example of the completed fields - you will need to change these to reflect your system/configuration.

The program will also add a thumbnail image to the final module if a "thumbnail.png" is included in the Image Folder.

The program is written in PureBAsic which is free for upto 800 lines and cheap (79 euros). The program also contains compilers for Windows/Linux/Mac OS (you could amend the code and compile it natively to your OS if you wish). As an added bonus I have included the source code if you wish to modify or make use of the program for your own needs. Purebasic can be downloaded from: https://www.purebasic.com/

Erin Righ
February 20th, 2018, 06:27
Thanks Colin, this could be hella useful

ColinBuckler
February 20th, 2018, 11:37
If you have a PDF and want to create a map module for your game, look at this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40832-How-To-Extract-Images-From-A-PDF

Using that process you can extract all images fro a PDF, review the images deleting the ones that you no longer require. Next use this program to repack all of the images into a mod file and inturn automatically creating the required xml files required.

Maasq
February 20th, 2018, 18:13
Nice one Colin.
Keep it up!

nebbiolo
April 20th, 2018, 11:39
Kudos Colin! Just used this utility to create a module to share my frequently used battle maps between all my campaigns. Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Bidmaron
April 22nd, 2018, 14:48
Yes. This is very nice. Well done.

TwoWheelTed
January 19th, 2020, 21:32
awesome. works great

ProfDogg
October 13th, 2020, 16:25
Just discovered this... Thank you!

ProfDogg
January 9th, 2021, 22:12
I tried using this in a non 5e game and the ruleset won't recognize the mod (tried in both FGC and FGU). It didn't work in Conan, V5, or even D&D 3.5. Any way to make it universal or is it only for 5e?

LordEntrails
January 11th, 2021, 03:05
I tried using this in a non 5e game and the ruleset won't recognize the mod (tried in both FGC and FGU). It didn't work in Conan, V5, or even D&D 3.5. Any way to make it universal or is it only for 5e?
Try this, rename .mod to .zip, open the definition.xml file and change the ruleset tab to
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>
You can leave it as a folder, or rezip the contents (not folder).

ProfDogg
January 17th, 2021, 00:56
Try this, rename .mod to .zip, open the definition.xml file and change the ruleset tab to
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>
You can leave it as a folder, or rezip the contents (not folder).

Didn't work.. Even tried both upper and then lower case "a" in "Any"...