PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Auto-Detection of Tokens when exporting a module

Dugahst
February 18th, 2018, 23:36
I make all my own tokens, and when building a module it is very frustrating that I have to manually drag and drops all the tokens into the export window. FG should be able to detect all the tokens used automatically and put them into the exported tokens window for you.

damned
February 18th, 2018, 23:40
Ahhhh. it already does.
You only drag additional tokens to the dialogue.
Any NPCs being exported will have their tokens exported too.

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2018, 23:52
Create a folder called tokens in the campaign folder and put your tokens in there. They’ll get exported with the module.

Dugahst
February 18th, 2018, 23:57
Create a folder called tokens in the campaign folder and put your tokens in there. They’ll get exported with the module.

Perhaps that’s why it didn’t, I have my tokens organized through multiple folders in the base token folder for fantasy grounds.
Still the program should be smart enough to detect and export tokens assigned to any npcs regardless of the tokens file being outside of the campaign folder.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2018, 23:59
Still the program should be smart enough to detect and export tokens assigned to any npcs regardless of the tokens file being outside of the campaign folder.
As damned mentioned - it does do this.

LordEntrails
February 19th, 2018, 00:03
Can you give us a repeatable example (preferably with screen shots) of when it does not?

Dugahst
February 19th, 2018, 00:18
Can you give us a repeatable example (preferably with screen shots) of when it does not?

Sure, so here is a screenshot of the export window- i have npcs checked, and I also have open my folder structure window to show i have the token folder in the base fantasy grounds tokens folder (in the data dir). I haven't tried moving the tokens into the specific campaign folder yet (but i really shouldn't have to).

This campaign is using tokens from Shadow of the Demon Lord and Misc Tokens folders.

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2018, 00:26
The tokens don't automatically display in the export window. Any referenced token in an NPC record that is local to your system is bundled up as part of the module when the export happens, and similarly with image records (i.e. images are exported).

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
February 19th, 2018, 00:30
Yea, only tokens used in NPCs that are exported are exported. They won't export in the directory structure, but they should be included in the module file. Have you tried that?

Trenloe
February 19th, 2018, 00:31
Check the module itself for tokens once you've exported it with NPCs that have tokens linked. The linked tokens don't display in the export window - that is only a place to add extra tokens.

Dugahst
February 19th, 2018, 00:40
The tokens don't automatically display in the export window. Any referenced token in an NPC record that is local to your system is bundled up as part of the module when the export happens, and similarly with image records (i.e. images are exported).

Regards,
JPG

Ahhh ok, I was assuming that because they weren’t shown in the export window that they wouldn’t be exported.