PDA

View Full Version : LFP Adventures in Middle-earth (5th Edition) UK Sundays

Stuart
February 18th, 2018, 21:03
Openings for a long-ish running game (level 5) and a new game (lvl 2) on Sundays.

"The Fall Of Paradise" - Sunday 7:30 PM UK time: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2536
Looking for one or two players to join an established group of three players (level 5) that are heading to Cameth Brin on what could be a very difficult rescue mission. Stealth helpful but a sharp blade will be essential. The party have established themselves in an old castle on the Rhudaur border and have begun to build up a warband to stand against Angmar. Time period Third Age 1640.

"The Sun Also Sets" - Sunday 1:30 PM UK time: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2983
Looking for two players to join two AiME familiar players who have split from the "main" campaign (time zone issues). This campaign will focus on events in the far distant south of Endor in the region that the Elves named Ardor. Characters will start at level two - no halflings I'm afraid, any AiME classes. Time period Third Age 1703.

Both games use the Adventures in Middle-earth extension at: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37167-Adventures-in-Middle-Earth/page5
Download this and place in your Fantasy Grounds/Application Data Folder/Extensions, this will tweak the 5th Edition ruleset so that the character sheet is modified for Middle-earth.Both campaigns lean heavily on I.C.E's RMC M.E.R.P material - Dark Mage Of Rhudaur, Phantom Of The Northern Marches, Hillmen Of The Trollshaws have all been used so far. All of the AiME Player's material is available via an FG module so players do not need to own the pdf (but it is helpful). I have also converted much of the "Treasures Of Middle-earth" into an accessible module too (herbs, metals etc). Both campaigns are looking for players who are willing to adventure in Tolkien's Middle-earth which is very different from most "traditional" settings. Spell casters are rare, magic items tend to be "legendary" rather than mundane etc etc. Needless to say, heroes of a "lawful good" alignment are preferred. Games so far have had (I think) a 60-40 mix of combat/role-playing.

Please PM me if interested.

Stuart
February 22nd, 2018, 11:12
Still vacancies for the earlier Sunday session - "The Sun Also Sets".

Darkangelshogun
February 25th, 2018, 14:01
Hi Stuart, i have been looking for a game on sundays, and the time fits perfectly for me (timezone GMT), i dont have a license for FG yet but if i am accepted i can buy one straight up

Hope to hear from you

Joshua

Ram Tyr
February 25th, 2018, 16:00
Hi @Darkangelshogun / Joshua. I am a player in the earlier campaign (The Sun Also Sets) and helping Stuart out a bit at the moment. (The burden of making middle earth come alive is his to bear, but we can carry him while he does so!)

Would you be so kind as to give us some background info.

A bit about yourself... basic stuff, age, interests, relationship status... (ok, maybe not that intimate!)

A bit more about your gaming history... when did you start with rpgs, which systems, what games did you play actively, what you liked about the various game systems.

A bit more about your preferences... Keep in mind we are looking for folks that are comfortably in the middle on role play versus combat session. For example, I know in the Sun Also Sets campaign the players want folks to speak in character when appropriate. Some people are not comfortable with that. Give us something about the things you know you enjoy or don't.

Thanks!

Darkangelshogun
February 25th, 2018, 20:55
Hey Ramza

A bit about myself: Im a 23 year old healthcare worker in England, i enjoy Tabletop rpgs (though i have only played D&D 5e, as well as video games like Starcraft.

My gaming history is that i first started watching Highrollers and Critical Role playing D&D and spent about a year and a half trying to get into a game myself, though i have been playing regularly for almost a year as a DM and a few month as a player.

And as to my preferences, I equally enjoy RP and Combat, though a bit of exploration isn't bad either, and normally i like to stay in character unless its near impossible to. When it comes to Combat, i like there to be parts of the battle which can either be very tactical, or hazardous to both sides, and for RP i like the characters to have good input which makes sense and doesn't feel like i'm talking to a cardboard cut-out (Yes i have had to deal with that in other games)

Ram Tyr
February 26th, 2018, 19:23
I am sure you've heard from Stuart by now, but make sure you apply on the calendar linked in the first post!

jvkdsh
March 1st, 2018, 04:40
I'm also interested in joining, I am familiar with how the 5E and AiME system works, to a relative degree.

Artaron
March 1st, 2018, 09:20
I'm sure we have a free slot in one of the sessions for you

Ram Tyr
March 1st, 2018, 16:21
I'm also interested in joining, I am familiar with how the 5E and AiME system works, to a relative degree.

Would you be so kind as to tell us a bit about yourself, please. I've quoted the above post that gives some broad guidance. Thanks.

Hi @Darkangelshogun / Joshua. I am a player in the earlier campaign (The Sun Also Sets) and helping Stuart out a bit at the moment. (The burden of making middle earth come alive is his to bear, but we can carry him while he does so!)

Would you be so kind as to give us some background info.

A bit about yourself... basic stuff, age, interests, relationship status... (ok, maybe not that intimate!)

A bit more about your gaming history... when did you start with rpgs, which systems, what games did you play actively, what you liked about the various game systems.

A bit more about your preferences... Keep in mind we are looking for folks that are comfortably in the middle on role play versus combat session. For example, I know in the Sun Also Sets campaign the players want folks to speak in character when appropriate. Some people are not comfortable with that. Give us something about the things you know you enjoy or don't.

Thanks!

jvkdsh
March 2nd, 2018, 14:31
Shoot, my bad, if anything I'm a GM for cthulhu on roll 20 currently, I'm currently 26 years old or so, Male and Single.

As for gaming systems, I oddly enough started out with 3.5e, granted I didn't know it was D&D 3.5e back then, as to when I started professionally playing or so, it'd be a year ago, I'm mostly comfortable with most stuff as long as it doesn't go murderhobo or go outright evil characters, and yes I know what happens in AiME if you try to play an evil character. Currently the systems I play and know how to play/GM are 5E, Star Wars by FFG, Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition and Pathfinder, as well as AiME to a degree, granted I can't GM too well since I never GMed a session of AiME...or even played one yet.

As for what I enjoy in sessions, a nice mix between the two is nice...but from what I've heard you don't wanna start fights in AiME.

Ram Tyr
March 2nd, 2018, 15:45
Shoot, my bad, if anything I'm a GM for cthulhu on roll 20 currently, I'm currently 26 years old or so, Male and Single.

As for gaming systems, I oddly enough started out with 3.5e, granted I didn't know it was D&D 3.5e back then, as to when I started professionally playing or so, it'd be a year ago, I'm mostly comfortable with most stuff as long as it doesn't go murderhobo or go outright evil characters, and yes I know what happens in AiME if you try to play an evil character. Currently the systems I play and know how to play/GM are 5E, Star Wars by FFG, Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition and Pathfinder, as well as AiME to a degree, granted I can't GM too well since I never GMed a session of AiME...or even played one yet.

As for what I enjoy in sessions, a nice mix between the two is nice...but from what I've heard you don't wanna start fights in AiME.
What do you mean 'professionally playing'?

What systems have you played in the past year? Long campaigns or one shots?

What systems have you gm'd in the past year? Long campaigns or one shots?

Fantasy grounds novice or experienced?

Stuart
March 3rd, 2018, 00:28
All slots full, many thanks for the enquiries and interest.

Stuart
March 19th, 2018, 20:30
2 slots available on Sunday afternoon - 1:30 PM GMT. Lvl 2 - if interested please PM me.

daemonos
March 21st, 2018, 17:19
Im interested