PDA

View Full Version : Generic DicePool extension fore CoreRPG

ianmward
February 15th, 2018, 06:23
I have put together a generic dice pool extension for CoreRPG with Cortex and Mutant: Year Zero in mind.

It appears next to the modifier box and allows you to different dice in and then roll them.

It also overrides the normal double click action on attributes to add them to the dice pool with the name of the attribute as a label which appears in the chat window when the pool is rolled.

I will talk to damned about integrating it with MoreCore.

See it in action. (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2lfM8KN50STY0FNck9KSW50SVk)
Get the extension. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wTN-2KqLANOEN94jaGPjl_Q5fSS3gDad/view)

v0.92
* increased max slots to 10

damned
February 15th, 2018, 06:27
And its awesome.

ianmward
February 15th, 2018, 06:30
And you’re building it into the MoreCore ruleset, right Damned?

GainunX
January 5th, 2021, 15:34
Is there an easy way to increase the maximum number of dices in the pool (the maximum is 6), perhaps as in MoreCore?

ianmward
January 5th, 2021, 22:13
Is there an easy way to increase the maximum number of dices in the pool (the maximum is 6), perhaps as in MoreCore?

There isno limit to the number of dice in the pool, just a limit to the number of individual additions to the pool. Each time you add dice to the pool, you can add as many as you like.

Typically you add the dice in sets, as in the example video, such as the attribute dice, the skill dice and the item dice. This may add up to lots of dice but only uses 3 pool entries (or slots).

That said, it would be possible to increase the number of slots too, but would require some changes to the graphics as well as the scripts.

damned
January 5th, 2021, 22:22
In MoreCore the Dice Pool has 10 slots.

eriktedesco
January 5th, 2021, 22:24
Hi all! Is that supposed to work also for 5e?

ianmward
January 6th, 2021, 01:03
Hi all! Is that supposed to work also for 5e?

Hi eriktedesco,
Why do you need it in 5e? D&D doesn't use the pool mechanic, does it?

ianmward
January 6th, 2021, 01:28
In MoreCore the Dice Pool has 10 slots.

Okay then, I'll steal your graphics and update it :)

Done...

GainunX
January 6th, 2021, 16:12
Thanks! I love this community =)

McStene
August 9th, 2021, 03:15
Is there a way to remove a single die from the dice pool? If not, how could I add that feature in scripting?

damned
August 9th, 2021, 03:25
Hi McStene

The issue is that the Dice Pool also stores its dice in slots.
You got 2 dice for being Tall, 3 Dice for being Dark and 1 Dice for being Handsome.
Now you lost 1 dice for being Rude. Which slot do you take it from?
You can code an extension to Sum all the dice and then subtract the 1 dice but its not part of this extension.