PDA

View Full Version : Adding expertise dice to skill rolls

ChumSlinger
February 15th, 2018, 04:46
Hello,
I just started using FG and I have a question that I have not found an answer for.
I would like to find a way to automate skill checks that have bonus dice rolls such as from the StarFinder Envoy class feature "Expertise"
I have tried creating macros that roll a d20 + D6 , but then fantasy grounds doesn't know to add the modifier for the skill roll.
I can manually select a modifier for the next roll and then use my macro to roll d20 + d6, but i'd like to do it in a single macro
Can the macros in the macro bar be edited?

Hope my question is not too confusing

Octavious
February 15th, 2018, 07:04
Hey ChumSlinger you need a custom effect for that and here it is ... Expertise;SKILL:1d6,sense motive ....and for later on level bonuses you can do this ..... Expertise;SKILL:1d6+1,sense motive .... make it in the "effects" dialog and drag it to the pc in the combat tracker .. hope this helps..

ChumSlinger
February 18th, 2018, 19:53
Thanks for the suggestion Octavious. I read up on effects and created a Custom Effect per your suggestion.
I tested it and it looks like it's doing exactly what I wanted it to do (add a d6 to the next Sense Motive check of the actor to which the effect is applied).