PDA

View Full Version : LFP, Need 1-2, Weeknight Game Wed EST, 5E Campaign in Early Stages

greybeardgunner70
February 15th, 2018, 03:55
FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: EST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Wednesday, weekly, 7-10pm

Campaign: Long Term campaign with plans for numerous genres (dungeon delve, mystery, political intrigue, strongholds, mass combat, epic villains, etc). Used Sword Coast and Tyranny of Dragons as intro and starting point but will quickly diverge from published campaign. Level progression will slow down once past 5th, currently party is at 2nd. Prefer story over dungeon grinds, so if you start off every session asking "When do we kill stuff?", this campaign probably isn't for you. The overall feel of the campaign will fall in the normal DnD Sword Coast setting but with a few nudges toward gritty realism. Expect more of a Tolkein/GRRMartin type world than Alice in Wonderland. Though there has been and will be plenty of combat, that is not the real focus of the campaign. Much more interested in telling an intriguing and complex story, with input from all players woven together by the DM. Prefer mature players with life experience, who want a challenge from their game play, as opposed to a fanciful escape from their daily reality. Nothing wrong with playing that way, we have all done it, just want to be clear about the game we are trying to build. Challenging and rewarding, but more from an intellectual standpoint, than a beer and pretzel aspect. As players progress, CR will relate to the complexity of the problem set, rather than monster hit dice.

Voice: We play on Discord with Syrenscape background sound effects.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E, Sword Coast
Game System Experience: Had six players, 3 dropped due to schedule changes. Currently, 1 experienced player and 2 players new to DnD. DM is returning to RPGs after a long break, but warming to the task quickly.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: First campaign using FG, but everyone has picked it up. Routinely use every aspect of the system and wring everything we can out of it.

Character Type Preferred: Current party consists of a Human Cleric, Human Rogue and Gnome Wizard, with a Human Fighter NPC. Characters with martial skill sets will get the most from the campaign. Races are limited to Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, and Gnome.
About me: Career military, toward the end of my service. Always been a closet geek, but finally found the door to the closet. Don't have any prejudices against play style, except those that waste everyone's time. Not a voice actor or thespian, nor do I expect anyone in the group to be. Its first and foremost about having a good time and supporting the group dynamic. No hard rules, everything is negotiable, provided you are comfortable with what was laid out about the campaign above.

If interested send me a PM with any questions and I will provide you with some campaign story information and the few houserules we have established.

Todesfall
February 16th, 2018, 01:22
Oooo... I would love to join but sadly I'm PST time and I don't get home till 5pm, (8pm EST). If your time changes at all please let me know. Would enjoy playing either a Warrior, Ranger, or Monk. :-)

greybeardgunner70
February 16th, 2018, 03:55
I have enough interest at this point. Thanks.