PDA

View Full Version : Effect and list of effect created

Dyark
February 14th, 2018, 20:21
Hi

i am trying to create the Deadly aim effect, everything is good except the half level, my understanding is the effect should be this : ATK:-2; DMG: H[LVL];
But the damage does't compile, is it because it is flooring the value or my sentence is not correct ?

Deadly Aim : ATK:-2; DMG: "To be determined"; I did not find a way to use Basice attack yet.
Solarian - Graviton mode : SAVE: 1, reflex ; You need to change the bonus every 9 levels.
Solarian - Photon mode : DMG: 1 ; You need to change the bonus every 6 levels.

File attach, Thanks to Blahness98

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2018, 21:54
Did you try "ATK: -2; DMG: [HLVL]"?

Also, on a related note, ability modifier tags like [LVL] will only be resolved when applied from the PC Actions tab.

Regards,
JPG

Dyark
February 14th, 2018, 22:50
Did you try "ATK: -2; DMG: [HLVL]"?

Also, on a related note, ability modifier tags like [LVL] will only be resolved when applied from the PC Actions tab.

Regards,
JPG

Hi Moon Wizard, yes it works but it is a floor value (not rounded up) so I can only use it after level 1. Still it is good for me.

Thank you

Zacchaeus
February 14th, 2018, 23:07
Isn't the rule always round down? So at level 1 half level would be zero.

Dyark
February 14th, 2018, 23:11
Isn't the rule always round down? So at level 1 half level would be zero.

Yes but minimum 1

Blacklamb
February 14th, 2018, 23:14
Isn't Deadly Aim half BAB rounded down minimum 1. My question is how do you do half anything with a minimum, a lot of things round down with a minimum of 1.

Dyark
February 15th, 2018, 01:32
Isn't Deadly Aim half BAB rounded down minimum 1. My question is how do you do half anything with a minimum, a lot of things round down with a minimum of 1.

you are right but does BAB exist so we can use it ?

goodmanje
February 15th, 2018, 02:28
Where are you getting the details for creating Starfinder effects? I noticed LVL and HLVL are not in the Pathfinder effects instructions.

Dyark
February 15th, 2018, 02:35
Where are you getting the details for creating Starfinder effects? I noticed LVL and HLVL are not in the Pathfinder effects instructions.

I am using the 3.5 effect

Blahness98
February 22nd, 2018, 08:38
Here's my start to an effects listing. I have yet to progress through the classes to get their specific abilities coded. I did go through the weapons, items and feats and coded for everything that I could hit with an effect. This does include the weapon critical effects for all weapons in the CRB. Granted there are numerous feat effects that are not needed (Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Spell Penetration, ect) that I included as proof of concept. I will work on the classes and spells (if wanted) in the next few days. Let me know if anything is incorrect as I did most of this right before passing out for the night.

These effects are saved as a character sheet as I thought that would be easier for people to drag and drop from one sheet to another. If not, I can make a giant effects module that would be searchable. It just would not copy over to a sheet as cleanly.

--EDIT--

See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists)for the updated sheets/modules once they come out or are corrected.

Dyark
February 22nd, 2018, 11:53
Here's my start to an effects listing. I have yet to progress through the classes to get their specific abilities coded. I did go through the weapons, items and feats and coded for everything that I could hit with an effect. This does include the weapon critical effects for all weapons in the CRB. Granted there are numerous feat effects that are not needed (Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Spell Penetration, ect) that I included as proof of concept. I will work on the classes and spells (if wanted) in the next few days. Let me know if anything is incorrect as I did most of this right before passing out for the night.

These effects are saved as a character sheet as I thought that would be easier for people to drag and drop from one sheet to another. If not, I can make a giant effects module that would be searchable. It just would not copy over to a sheet as cleanly.

Good work, I will attach it in the first post

Treviron Riaxx
February 22nd, 2018, 21:46
Might be better to make a module... might be easier to use.
But overall nice to hear.... means I don't have to bang my head against the desk as much anymore..... >.>

Blahness98
February 22nd, 2018, 22:34
I can scrape the effects out once I get everything completed and make a module. I went with the character sheet method as it would support drag and drop if you are doing local character management, easier for me to make comments on for everything and how the effects work and once all classes are completed (see my other thread), will allow to load a single sheet to copy effects over. As far as I recall, you can't drag effects from out of a module (or the effects window) and dump them onto your sheet. Granted you can copy and paste them, but, with some effects (I'm looking at you "Not in the Face") it was easier to explain how to use the effects in accompanying spell sheet.

Treviron Riaxx
February 22nd, 2018, 23:07
Makes sense just seemed odd making it as a character sheet... but then in a way does make sense.

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2018, 04:08
Makes sense just seemed odd making it as a character sheet... but then in a way does make sense.
Effects in a module are just single line effects. They don't have actions associated with them. Whereas putting ability actions and effects in a character sheet gives much more scope and flexibility to what can be provided and drag/drop-ability.

Bidmaron
February 23rd, 2018, 04:14
Can you put the characters in a module? Or I guess you can just export the character.

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2018, 04:17
Can you put the characters in a module? Or I guess you can just export the character.
It's a bunch of manual XML to put a PC in a module. And then it basically gives you a screen that you need to click the + button to add the PC to the character selection screen - and then close the module because it's not longer needed.

More work and more confusion. Just import the PC XML - one action, done.

Treviron Riaxx
February 23rd, 2018, 09:18
Also makes it essier to learn how it was done, come think of it for folks like me that are still figuring how xml works. Make it esier ehen it comes to making custom races, spells, clases etc. And learning.

drakonin
February 24th, 2018, 22:07
Hi

i am trying to create the Deadly aim effect, everything is good except the half level, my understanding is the effect should be this : ATK:-2; DMG: H[LVL];
But the damage does't compile, is it because it is flooring the value or my sentence is not correct ?

Deadly Aim : ATK:-2; DMG: "To be determined"; I did not find a way to use Basice attack yet.
Solarian - Graviton mode : SAVE: 1, reflex ; You need to change the bonus every 9 levels.
Solarian - Photon mode : DMG: 1 ; You need to change the bonus every 6 levels.

File attach, Thanks to Blahness98

This is awesome, thank you.

Treviron Riaxx
February 24th, 2018, 23:03
Hopefully a wiki with all the possible effects functions will be made so can better figure it out. Guessing either some of the syntax is different or not supported yet as far as half level.

damned
February 25th, 2018, 00:22
Hopefully a wiki with all the possible effects functions will be made so can better figure it out. Guessing either some of the syntax is different or not supported yet as far as half level.

Samarex has just started the wiki - I think it will take some time to get fleshed out. Im sure he will utilise threads like this one to help build it out.