PDA

View Full Version : No grid guide/templates for Spells/weapons/items that do Area effect?

Treviron Riaxx
February 14th, 2018, 01:23
How exactly are you supposed to make the spells work in this. There is no dice for damage, on the character sheet, nothing to help you figure what would be affected by your spells all I see is concentration check, cast button, maybe a condition button that doesn't really do what it should since there's no duration roll, just a fixed number. (no AoE guides.).

Is there a way at least to make sure that characters are only targeting what's in the supposed area that is being affected?

Just seems like things that should be there, not automation, but things that help to gage things etc aren't there.
This is even worst with items, and items are a lot more prevalent in Starfinder since equipment is virtually on parity with spells in terms of power.

Just feels like there should be markers at least for guidance....

damned
February 14th, 2018, 02:40
Hi Treviron Riaxx - the Pathfinder ruleset has many years of ongoing development under the hood and while the Starfinder ruleset leans heavily on this there is a lot of new stuff and its pretty much in its very first release. Keep finding things and suggesting them and the system will continue to improve.

Trenloe
February 14th, 2018, 14:13
Just feels like there should be markers at least for guidance....
The standard approach has always been to draw pointers on the map - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Pointers You have cones, circles, squares and lines - draw them of the relevant size needed for the spell/item effect and then target the creatures within the area.

Treviron Riaxx
February 15th, 2018, 01:31
Yeah I didn't think about the drawing. Ironicly drawing on the maps was one of the first things I noticed could do when I was testing things a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the advice.