PDA

View Full Version : LFP - The Talisman 5e Tuesday 7 PM -6 (Central Time)

savoylen
February 13th, 2018, 02:20
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: Central USA(-6)
Day of week and time: Tuesday’s 7 PM (1900 hrs Central Time)
Start date: March 6
Duration & Frequency: 3 hours (+/- 30 min.), most weeks
Term: Open Ended

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 ish. More Role Play than Combat but I have to admit, I love a good fight.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6
Character starting level & equipment: 1st, standard, quick advancement
Character restrictions: Standard PHB class and races, other wizard’s publish considered (check first). No dragonkind PCs. No evils (we're the good guys/gals)

Details: The Talisman

Tag: Don’t fashion me into a child that needs saving from a dragon. I am the dragon, and I will eat you.

Hook: The Lost Valley is a safe haven for the last remaining good people of Laerakond – a continent of ancient dragon empires and mysterious kingdoms. The power that has protected The Valley is fading and in order to restore it, a small group of youth are selected to leave their homes and family to find... The Talisman.

Game Setting: Set in a forgotten part of the Forgotten Realms – a take on Returned Abeir (Laerakond). Think Forgotten Realms meets Game of Thrones.

Selection: Apply by posting interest and character concept here:
https://discord.gg/c29ZeJN (Descent Discord Channel) Be sure to include your forum name so I know how to send invites to the game when accepted. Selection based on team fit and concept.

Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2982

About Me: I've been gaming since the beginning - DMing since the 80's. New to FGs app. so please be patient with me in the beginning in the tech department. I've won a few rewards for GMing (some in the VTT format and the Pbp) over the years. I'm looking for fun folks to RP with and you should like storying telling as much as anything else.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have 'here'.

- Savoy

nannywanny
February 13th, 2018, 06:52
I’m a olde skool player from the AD&D ages and have been around FG for a while. Schedule depending I may very well be interested! Please keep me in mind!

savoylen
February 13th, 2018, 08:17
I’m a olde skool player from the AD&D ages and have been around FG for a while. Schedule depending I may very well be interested! Please keep me in mind!

Nice to meet you... will do!

JBagky
February 14th, 2018, 15:23
I would be interested in at least talking to you. I am new to FG and coming back to D&D after many MANY years away. I played when I was teenage years and am now 38. But, during the last couple weeks, I have been reading PHB and working on character sheets. So, I am getting back the old thoughts and remembering and learning all the newer stuff. I still have a few things that I am not sure of, but thankfully have been getting some help from people in the FGC discord, a great resource for newer and returning players.

I tend to want to play stealthy characters in RPGs that use bows and like to stay far away and kill that way. Also, have tended to play with character sheets on rogues, and like that thieving, shady type of character as well. However, when I played Everquest, I tended to go toward the paladin. And I have mained a tank in Star Wars the Old Republic MMORPG since it launched in 2011.

Feel free to ask me any questions, but I would very much be interested in talking to you about this. And if you want to count me in, I would be willing to commit to your group.

savoylen
February 14th, 2018, 23:55

Feel free to ask me any questions, but I would very much be interested in talking to you about this. And if you want to count me in, I would be willing to commit to your group.

Awesome... and welcome back to DnD. I'm glad you found the FGC. Great group!! I like have new players at the table... the best way to learn this game is to play :) There is plenty of room in the setting to play most kinds of characters so as long as you can see them being "one of the good guys (or gals)" then it will work. They could even have a dark past but for whatever the reasons are now... they are definitely playing for the Light Side of the Force today.

I'm planning on being on my Discord channel next Tuesday for at least an hour around "game time" listed above (7 Central Time USA) for anyone that has questions about the game or to help set up characters. (I'll have my books open for use then too). That would be a GREAT time to chat if you are still interested.

So if this all still sounds good to you, please hop on the Discord server (https://discord.gg/c29ZeJN) to everyone know you're in, and drop us a few lines of a character concept. You'll see a couple of others already there - but if you need help with that part, just let me know.

I hope that helps... I look forward to meeting you!

- Savoy

savoylen
February 16th, 2018, 20:34
I've been good questions on the game server (discord) but please feel free to ask question here as well if you think you might be interested in this type of game.
I'll be doing QnA this Tuesday (7 Central) and helping with character creation as we get ready to launch.
I think there is room for 1, maybe 2 more team members.
- Savy

Vardeman
February 17th, 2018, 21:51
I'm interested! Been playing since the old blue box edition, some experience with FG, but not much. I have a license and the 5E FG bundle. Fairly experienced with 5E. I'm in Kentucky, so one hour ahead of you. 8pm is perfect start time for me.

savoylen
February 17th, 2018, 22:24
I'm interested! Been playing since the old blue box edition, some experience with FG, but not much. I have a license and the 5E FG bundle. Fairly experienced with 5E. I'm in Kentucky, so one hour ahead of you. 8pm is perfect start time for me.

Nice to meet you - I see you've jumped on Discord so let us know what you're thinking character wise there and we'll get this party started!

Vardeman
February 18th, 2018, 02:12
Nice to meet you - I see you've jumped on Discord so let us know what you're thinking character wise there and we'll get this party started!

Posted in discord, human cleric of life or light.

savoylen
February 18th, 2018, 17:59
OK... I've sent invites through the game calendar system: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2982 (also posted in the announcement above).

Game is closed at this time but if you are interested in an alternate seat when they open (as they usually do in the beginning), please let me know.

Thanks for all the questions and encouragement!

- Savoy

savoylen
February 20th, 2018, 23:28
If you're in this group or interested in an alternate steat, I'll be on tonight at 7p Central... that would be a great time to talk characters, setting, test your MIC, etc.

Take care! - Savoy

savoylen
March 3rd, 2018, 17:27
We are starting this campaign this Tuesday (March 6th) and have had one position come open (we have 5 players and 1 GM).
A real life change took one of our players out before we got started up.
Please drop a message here or PM me if you might be interested in joining up.

I'll post again here when the position is filled.

THanks!

- Savoy

savoylen
March 4th, 2018, 22:03
Bump... still looking for 1. Lost our Druid but open to any class if it some with a great player!
- Savy

savoylen
March 5th, 2018, 16:01
Full party again. Thanks for the PMs here and messages on descent. If I end up with an opening again, I'll post something here to let you all know.
- Savy

savoylen
April 15th, 2018, 17:22
Full party again. Thanks for the PMs here and messages on descent. If I end up with an opening again, I'll post something here to let you all know.
- Savy

We have had 1 spot open in the party (one opening out of 6 spots). We are three sessions in but its still a good time to add someone. Our fighter1/rogue1 had a RL job change so we're in the market for someone. Please see the first post in this thread for game details, etc.

You are welcome to post your questions here or PM. Selection will be based on team fit and will remain open until filled.

So far in the party we have
Lucus Half-Orc Ranger2
Hotspur Elf Monk 2
Zaagand Gnome Wizard2
Thenan Half-elf Sorcerer2
Xanthus Human Cleric2

Thanks!

savoylen
April 20th, 2018, 03:05
Filled... thanks!

Thanks for the PMs here and messages on descent. If I end up with an opening again, I'll post something here to let you all know.

- Savoy

savoylen
May 2nd, 2018, 01:38
Wanted - 2 spots:
Rouge, Ranger-melee, or Paladin types got to the front of the line.

First Post:
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: Central USA(-6)
Day of week and time: Tuesday’s 7 PM (1900 hrs Central Time)
Start date: March 6
Duration & Frequency: 3 hours (+/- 30 min.), most weeks
Term: Open Ended

Text or Voice: Voice - please have a working microphone
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 ish. More Role Play than Combat but I have to admit, I love a good fight.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 slots filled, 2 open.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st, standard, quick advancement
Character restrictions: Standard PHB class and races, other wizard’s publish considered (check first). No dragonkind PCs. No evils (we're the good guys/gals)

Details: The Talisman

Tag: Don’t fashion me into a child that needs saving from a dragon. I am the dragon, and I will eat you.

Hook: The Lost Valley is a safe haven for the last remaining good people of Laerakond – a continent of ancient dragon empires and mysterious kingdoms. The power that has protected The Valley is fading and in order to restore it, a small group of youth are selected to leave their homes and family to find... The Talisman.

Game Setting: Set in a forgotten part of the Forgotten Realms – a take on Returned Abeir (Laerakond). Think Forgotten Realms meets Game of Thrones with a lot more dragons.

Selection: Apply by posting interest and character concept here:
https://discord.gg/c29ZeJN (Descent Discord Channel) Be sure to include your forum name so I know how to send invites to the game when accepted. Selection based on team fit and concept.

Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2982

About Me: I've been gaming since the beginning - DMing since the 80's. New to FGs app. so please be patient with me in the beginning in the tech department. I've won a few rewards for GMing (some in the VTT format and the Pbp) over the years. I'm looking for fun folks to RP with and you should like storying telling as much as anything else.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have 'here'.

- Savoy

M0rganstern
May 2nd, 2018, 03:02
How serious do your games tend to run? Please phrase your answer in the form of a movie or media franchise.

Lou Ciphor
May 2nd, 2018, 09:47
I've been playing RPGs (starting with the Original D&D) since the late '70s. Took a [looong] hiatus during deployment (for about a decade), and now starting to get back into it. I am learning 5E and FG, but if you are still LFP, I have extensive experience in Role Playing many character types (my longest-running being a Ranger, but I also have a concept for a Rogue-type I'd like to try out), as well as experience DMing at Cons for test-play of possible new modules, one-shots, and home-brew. I'm a fast learner, adapt well, and integrate quickly.

savoylen
May 2nd, 2018, 23:47
How serious do your games tend to run? Please phrase your answer in the form of a movie or media franchise.

Nice question... I've really not thought much about it.
Its not on the Guardians of the Galaxy side... but not all Lord of the Rings either.
I'd guess its something like Game of Thrones meets Dragonlance.

Mostly story with some battles - I, and more importantly my players, like a good mix of both. Even when we are geeking out with the dice, the focus is on the visuals not the rolls. My most often spoken phrase during combat is always, "so, what does that look like?"

I hope that helps, Savy

savoylen
May 2nd, 2018, 23:53
I've been playing RPGs (starting with the Original D&D) since the late '70s. Took a [looong] hiatus during deployment (for about a decade), and now starting to get back into it. I am learning 5E and FG, but if you are still LFP, I have extensive experience in Role Playing many character types (my longest-running being a Ranger, but I also have a concept for a Rogue-type I'd like to try out), as well as experience DMing at Cons for test-play of possible new modules, one-shots, and home-brew. I'm a fast learner, adapt well, and integrate quickly.

Nice to meet you! I sent you a message on our decent server.

SailorLovins
May 2nd, 2018, 23:58
I am interested. I have been playing for 25 years as a DM and wanting to play for a change. I respect the rules of the table, play well with others and can consistently commit to the time slot. I am also minorly developing modules for FG and 5E so am pretty familiar with Fantasy Grounds. My name is Jeff and you can contact me via text 660-528-0167 or by message on this community forum. I hope to hear from you.

Crankshot
May 3rd, 2018, 03:37
if there's any openings, i am incredibly interested. i have been playing dnd on and off for the last fifteen years, and much more consistently for the last 4 or 5. and FG specifically for almost 2 years on a weekly basis.

savoylen
May 3rd, 2018, 04:36
if there's any openings, i am incredibly interested. i have been playing dnd on and off for the last fifteen years, and much more consistently for the last 4 or 5. and FG specifically for almost 2 years on a weekly basis.

Cool... got to love experience players!

Just drop on our descent (see posting) and drop your app in the character-creation thread to get going with us.
Hope to see you there soon! - savy

savoylen
May 6th, 2018, 18:32
We'll be selecting and setting up new characters around Wednesday this week... with the goal of the next session being on our regular time (Tues, 7p 14-MAY) for the next session.
Please jump on our descent server soon if you wish to be considered... thanks! - savy

ANerdNamedLomax
May 8th, 2018, 21:24
Hey, I saw your post and the idea sounds really cool. I submitted an application on your discord but I apologize as it's a bit long.

savoylen
May 8th, 2018, 23:38
Hey, I saw your post and the idea sounds really cool. I submitted an application on your discord but I apologize as it's a bit long.

Awesome.... thanks!

savoylen
May 8th, 2018, 23:38
Hi folks... we are now closed for applications.
Thanks to all that applied!!
- Savoy

savoylen
February 1st, 2019, 22:18
This game is going strong (please see the first post in this thread for details (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42412-LFP-The-Talisman-5e-Tuesday-7-PM-6-(Central-Time)&p=376347&viewfull=1#post376347)) but we are interested in finding a cleric or other support character for the team.

If you are interested, please jump on our discord channel and introduce yourself and give us a short character concept pitch (as described in post 1).

I'll also monitor this thread if there are any general questions.

Thanks! and take care,

- Savoy

savoylen
February 1st, 2019, 22:21
Here is the current team make up:

Player Character Level Character Description

Daemini Anjio 6 Goliath Paladin -5
nannywanny Thenan 6 Half-Elf Wild Sorcerer
valiantcosmos Mika 6 Tabaxi Rogue
JBagky Lucus 6 Half-Orc Ranger
robomagon Reinhardt 6 Human Barbarian

Sammage
February 2nd, 2019, 00:35
Good game and good group. If you're available at this time you should totally join them!

savoylen
February 3rd, 2019, 22:46
Good game and good group. If you're available at this time you should totally join them!

Thanks Sammage - I think so too!!

If anyone has questions about the game/setting, please feel free to drop a note here.

- Savoy

savoylen
February 5th, 2019, 02:59
We're still in the market for a Cleric... actually, any type really that is looking for an established and regular game.
Camp. info in post #1.
Post questions here, Savoy

PhorgottenSon
February 5th, 2019, 03:39
Joined discord, then something from work popped up. I will be on again later tonight. I have an idea for a support Bard, maybe a Tortle from the official Tortle Package if your world allows it, if not, I can think of a different race for the character. Don't mind being a healer, just not a fan of playing a straight up cleric.

savoylen
February 5th, 2019, 03:44
Joined discord, then something from work popped up. I will be on again later tonight. I have an idea for a support Bard, maybe a Tortle from the official Tortle Package if your world allows it, if not, I can think of a different race for the character. Don't mind being a healer, just not a fan of playing a straight up cleric.

Sounds cool... and I surely get it. We can start working on ideas on the discord. Nice to meet you!

- Savoy

savoylen
February 6th, 2019, 23:34
Thanks for the interests folks! The position is filled.

I also run The Abduction of Good King Despot as a one- or two-shot, tourny style. Feel free to join our Discord for those announcements, etc. if you are interested.

Take care! - Savoy

savoylen
July 31st, 2019, 19:11
We have one, maybe two seats open in Talisman (Adventures in Returned Abeir - Laerakond)... rogues, clerics, druids move to the front of the line but any class can work.
5e cannon, level 6.

Let me know 'here' or PM if interested. - Savoy

savoylen
August 8th, 2019, 03:59
Still have a spot open here... PM or post your questions here.

If its been a day or two and you haven't heard from me here, please jump on our discord server and hit up there.
https://discord.gg/EARxcD9

- Savy

MithosRiot
August 8th, 2019, 15:39
I would be interested in a rogue on tueadays.

savoylen
August 9th, 2019, 04:11
I would be interested in a rogue on tueadays.

Cool beans... use the link to the party's discord and we'll finish spinning this thing!

- Savy

savoylen
August 11th, 2019, 21:29
Thanks for the interest and then some... game is full up atm.
I'll post here again when a slot opens up.

- Savoy