PDA

View Full Version : MAX and HALF query

lostsanityreturned
February 12th, 2018, 20:29
Is there any way to call upon named modifiers in effects or in such a way that i could place them into the hotkey bar?
I know that we can shift roll damage to force critical damage.

I know that there is the undocumented 5e effect CRIT that can adjust critical threat ranges for a character. Just hoping there is something out there that would let me apply the named modifiers without having to click so much in larger battles.

Failing that, where would I have to start looking to create a ruleset extension to allow for modifier keys in a similar way to how shift drag applies the critical damage modifer to damage rolls?

Nickademus
February 12th, 2018, 20:51
I posted a long time ago about this, but basically make an invisible GM NPC that has the conditions (and other things) as spells in the action tab. Putting the GM NPC on the map allows you to target with it to apply multiple conditions at once and such.

Zacchaeus
February 12th, 2018, 22:18
What exactly are you trying to do? You can use and 'H' before any modifier tag to half that modifier such as DMG: [HDEX] but I'm not exactly sure what it is you are wanting to do.

lostsanityreturned
February 13th, 2018, 02:59
I posted a long time ago about this, but basically make an invisible GM NPC that has the conditions (and other things) as spells in the action tab. Putting the GM NPC on the map allows you to target with it to apply multiple conditions at once and such.
That doesn't let me easily maximise the damage die rolls, halve them or otherwise adjust the modifier field. That would work for mass applying things like cover and I had considered that, but it is inelegant in doing so.

What exactly are you trying to do? You can use and 'H' before any modifier tag to half that modifier such as DMG: [HDEX] but I'm not exactly sure what it is you are wanting to do.
By modifier I am talking about the modifier as a term used by the program, the game system named modifiers (accessible by the +/- button at the top right hand corner of the screen)

I want to know if there are any hotkeys, text/chat based methods or keyboard modifiers to apply the max and half modifiers (maximum damage dice roll, and half damage dice roll respectively) as clicking it every roll when I have an effect that warrants it is frustrating.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2018, 03:33
You can use the buttons in the Modifiers window to apply Critical, Maximum and Half to damage rolls. That's the only place to manually apply those modifiers right now.

Regards,
JPG

Axoid
February 13th, 2018, 11:23
So the MAX and CRITICAL buttons work, but the HALF doesn't. Maybe a bug in 3.3.4?

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2018, 11:36
The HALF damage is working for me.