PDA

View Full Version : hot to download maps

hellstorm
March 30th, 2006, 02:09
well i was wanting to run my module that i bought and i want to download the maps into the program i bought from fantasy grounds however i dont see anyway that i can i guess i must have bought the wrong program well if anyone can help me out that would be great thank you

richvalle
March 30th, 2006, 02:48
First, you need to have the DM "Full" version. I'll assume you do.

Getting maps/images into FG is about the easiest thing to do. Just put it into the 'images' directory in the campaign you create and it will show up under the Images page. Done!

You can even do this while FG is running, unlike for adding tokens which requires a FG restart.

rv

Morfedel
March 30th, 2006, 18:09
First, you need to have the DM "Full" version. I'll assume you do.

Getting maps/images into FG is about the easiest thing to do. Just put it into the 'images' directory in the campaign you create and it will show up under the Images page. Done!

You can even do this while FG is running, unlike for adding tokens which requires a FG restart.

rv

Really? I hadnt tried it yet, but I could have sworn I saw a post that said a restart was also required to show new images.

That's really handy if that's true.

richvalle
March 30th, 2006, 18:55
Its really true.

:)

rv

Cypher
March 30th, 2006, 19:59
A restart is only required in order to load new Tokens, not new Images. Hope that helps clear up the differences in what you heard.

Stuart
March 30th, 2006, 20:18
Absolutely true ... drawing maps on the fly with cc2 or Dundjinni and dropping them into the game whist in play is one of the best features that FG has ... I think ... of course, 1.06 will offer all sorts of "bells and "whistles".

Is there a release conspiracy ?
FG1.06 - delayed, CC3 - delayed, Battlegrounds- delayed ... my pizza - delayed !

Ram Tyr
March 30th, 2006, 20:24
<<<SNIP>>>
Is there a release conspiracy ?
FG1.06 - delayed, CC3 - delayed, Battlegrounds- delayed ... my pizza - delayed !
The things that you notice while on a long holiday! :D

Later.
Ramza

Stuart
March 30th, 2006, 20:34
Touche !
I'll get you back on Sunday.

Ram Tyr
March 30th, 2006, 20:53
Um...what I meant was....um...actually....um...

Any chance I can make it up to you before then? (You scoundrel!)
;-P
Later.
Ramza

Stuart
March 30th, 2006, 21:36
Can't talk ... must correct ruleset ;)