PDA

View Full Version : Pass Modifiers to Table Rolls (feature request??)

Mad Nomad
February 12th, 2018, 05:25
Is there any chance we will ever have the ability to pass a modifier in chained tables roll calls?

For example on a roll of 1 on table A, roll 1d100 on table B. Oo a roll of 2 on table A, roll 1d100 +50 on table B

Anyone know if this could eb done with a mod or something, or how hard it would be? I might even be willing to pay cash for custom development. It would seem to me like the main functionality is alreayd there. It'd be an easy win.

It would be SO incredibly powerful! I can't tell you how many times I wish I had it.

For example, instead of a bunch of different loot tables, you could have 1 with values going from 1-200. With the really good stuff above 100. So on a 1d100 you can never get anything over 100. But if you rolled that 2 on table A instead of the 1, now you can get itesm from 50-150. So now with 1 loot table I can handle a bunch of different scenarios.

I know there other ways to do that example above, but trust me, this is way more efficient if you get into anythign even remotely complex, like tables calling tables calling tables. Even the basic DM guide treasure hoard tables could be greatly simlified and be given more precision with this.

I'm trying to build something that will auto generate an entire city in detail and it would be so, so, so, much easier to do with this feature.

mozmonar
February 12th, 2018, 09:42
I'll second this request.

Zacchaeus
February 12th, 2018, 10:13
You could add this to the wish list (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

JohnD
February 12th, 2018, 13:20
Good idea.

Bidmaron
February 12th, 2018, 15:49
Watch the forums for the release of the Generators extension. While the initial release won't have table parameters, the second release will.

LordEntrails
February 12th, 2018, 16:14
There's always a chance. As Mr. Z. says, add it to the wishlist. The developers are always adding and enhancing (we just got v3.3.4). Just know that right now the priority is FGU. Doesn't mean that they don't keep making enhancements, just that enhancements are not the top priority.

Also, as Bidmaron indicated, he's been working on an extension that will add a bunch to table functionality, so the community keeps adding functionality as well.

Mad Nomad
February 13th, 2018, 02:34
Thanks.
And noted Bidmaron, that's awesome I will keep an eye out.