PDA

View Full Version : How can I change the Background Image in a Campaign

JeffreyT
February 11th, 2018, 19:14
Hello

How can I change the Background Image that appears in a Fantasy Grounds campaign? To clarify, I'm not talking about changing the "Decal" image, but rather the desktop background that appears when starting a campaign. Is there a simple way to replace this with another background? I don't really want to edit anything other than this, and I'm hoping that I can just replace a file somewhere to make this change. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey

Bidmaron
February 11th, 2018, 20:25
There is no realy easy way. You have to use an extension. See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24251-Would-you-like-to-make-a-custom-skin-extension-for-Fantasy-Grounds) for information.

Andraax
February 11th, 2018, 20:25
You need to write an extension. There are examples around. However, if you want a picture rather than a texture, it would be better to create a decal out of the picture (or it might not look good on the player's side if they use a different resolution monitor).

JeffreyT
February 13th, 2018, 01:19
Thank you Bidmaron and Andraxx for your replies. I'm been getting back into Fantasy Grounds recently, and I was hoping for an easy way to do this (without writing an extension). Perhaps I will try creating an extension in the future once I am a bit more familiar with running a game on Fantasy Grounds.

Jeffrey

Bidmaron
February 13th, 2018, 01:50
Jeffrey, you should have some theme extensions in your extensions folder. If you rename one by changing .mod to .zip and then unpack it, you will see it is fairly easy to do. I thought there was a wiki page on the process, but I cannot find it.