PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Function For Saying How Many Hits A Large Group Takes?

Ponggoleechee
February 11th, 2018, 00:23
So I'm running a 5e adventure called Army of the Damned. In said adventure, there's a scene where 20 NPC skeleton archers are shooting at a large group of NPC commoners. All the archers have the same attack bonus, and all the commoners have the same AC.

Is there a way to enter this info into FG and have it roll their attacks and just tell me how many hit? I don't need to know the damage as the archer will likely insta-kill any commoner it hits. I could just roll 20d20 and see how many are above a certain threshold, but doing that every single round seems pretty horrible and slow.

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2018, 00:30
There's no group combat rolling/tracking, since it's not very common in 5E.

In this case, I think the number of attacks will dwindle quickly as they decimate each other. I think the skeletons will win. ;)

JPG

Zacchaeus
February 11th, 2018, 00:33
Welcome to the community.

No there is no automatic way that I can think of. As you say in a situation like that you don’t want to have every attack and damage roll made so i’d Probably just do a little light maths and based on the attack bonus and AC just say that each round the skeletons kill x number of commoners without rolling any dice at all.

damned
February 11th, 2018, 02:22
Welcome to the community.

No there is no automatic way that I can think of. As you say in a situation like that you don’t want to have every attack and damage roll made so i’d Probably just do a little light maths and based on the attack bonus and AC just say that each round the skeletons kill x number of commoners without rolling any dice at all.

Yep - or a range of deaths 2d4 or 2d8 deaths every round.

LordEntrails
February 11th, 2018, 02:34
MoreCore or DORCore might have a die roller that would count successes like this. But you would then have to take apart the code and make an extension to do this in 5E. Unless you are looking to do a battle system for 5E, I wouldn't bother going through and making an extension. I would either just make the rolls, setup an excel spreadsheet that does the rolls, or just use statistical averages with some small random adjustment (i.e. 35% hits + 1d10%).

Uraence
February 11th, 2018, 05:00
I'd just throw 1d4 and count that as deaths for that round.