PDA

View Full Version : Meanders 3: Dungeons, Dragons & Dwarves coming to Kickstarter soon.

gtw2017
February 10th, 2018, 22:57
Meanders are a range of huge interchangeable terrains I developed that now have over 300+ variants in fantasy and sci-fi themes and sized perfectly for Fantasy Grounds. Continuing with a fourth kickstarter for this franchise Meanders 3: Wave 1 is now finalized.

There are 32 new Dwarven Meanders (100% completed) including multiple Floors to some building complexes and all Interiors with full furnishing. Line-up features a Dwarven Bank, Numerous Houses, 2 Story Mansion, Forge, Ore Mines, Mine Tracks, Courtyards, Shop and Market. These new dwarven tiles help expand the existing Mines and Caverns available in the Meanders range. A lot of new vectors were and will be created especially for these maps.

Still in design are 16 new Dungeon Meanders. 4 much-needed stone generic layouts with an assortment of rooms and corridors inc. a torture room and cells - but the other 12 are broken into 3 each of Ice, Fire, Crypt and Drow dungeon levels - all very different from one another but still able to be matched to one another to make mega-dungeons. And - 12 Dragon-themed Meanders, 3 for each of the main climates, Jungle, Ice, Desert and Forest. Each set of 3 has a 'Lead-in' from a road, then a meander with a set of obstacles or hazards to traverse (such as a swamp) and that leads into a particular type of dragons lair. I hope to have these last 28 completed by March.

In addition to these 60 new maps there will be 3 mega-meander Stretch Goals on offer - giant scapes measuring 54x36" with one unlockable for each of the Dungeons, Dragons and Dwarves themes and featuring a special design. If it funds, return backers (VIP's) will be getting a special set of digital dragon breath-based weapon tokens and area effects with lightening, acid, flame, ice, poison and a few types of gas.

Meanders 3: Wave 1: Dungeons, Dragons & Dwarves is scheduled for launch on Kickstarter in early March.

I have recently bought an FG license and discussed the inclusion of Meanders maps for Unity with Doug/James of Smiteworks. The more powerful engine may mean more power to import maps and more of them at once - a possibility Meanders was built for. I am currently training to be a DM - and expect to be running my own games in FG by 2019 with help from the new Fantasy Grounds College run by Aaron Marx. Of all the VTT's franchises available I've chosen to concentrate my efforts on synching efforts with FG which is why Meanders have special VTT versions sized to fit FG and am considering the concept of a 'Map Machine' aspect of my website for 2019 where FG users pay $25 for a custom-design map that is completed for them within 14 days and then made available from my store.

Hundreds more new Meanders will also be coming this year.

Kind Regards,
Kris

Bidmaron
February 11th, 2018, 00:13
Kris' stuff is great. I heartily recommend his material and Kickstarters. I have been a long-time fan and kickstarter member.

LordEntrails
February 11th, 2018, 02:37
I keep telling myself I can't use anymore maps. But dungeon and dwarven meanders? Kris, you are really wanting to take my money aren't you?

That's ok, great stuff! I'm not going to go look, yet. Have to keep temptation at bay!

Topdecker
February 13th, 2018, 20:16
Looking forward to it, Kris. I am just getting to where I can use the sci-fi Meanders, but more is merrier.

Skellan
February 13th, 2018, 20:57
You aren't helping my map addiction

Topdecker
February 14th, 2018, 00:02
This thread reminded me that I have over 100 of Kris' maps and I got them quality adjusted (1mb or smaller being the goal) and placed in a module today :)

https://i.imgur.com/5TH5JBY.jpg

Gridded out and in use with Starfinder!

Bidmaron
February 14th, 2018, 00:04
Nice, Topdecker.

LordEntrails
February 14th, 2018, 04:04
You aren't helping my map addiction
Yea really. Isn't it illegal to peddle addictive substances?

gtw2017
February 17th, 2018, 18:28
Meanders 3: Digital Maps: Dungeons, Dragons & Dwarves is now live on Kickstarter.

This set aims to release 16 Dungeon Maps, 32 Dwarven Maps and 12 Dragon-based Maps - a new wave of vectors/digital objects and possibly some new Mega-Meanders as well.

Check it out here :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-3-dungeons-dragons-and-dwarves

PS - I just finished my FIRST ever VTT online game using FG and had a great time, and got to see my maps used first-hand, this all helps me understand how to improve them. I also asked some users how to improve the maps I make for FG - as a result, you will see that these M3 dungeons have thicker walls to help with masking. Thanks guys very much for your support - I hope to be DM'ing as well by next year.

Kind Regards,
Kris

@TopDecker - Hey that looks fantastic TopDecker :) I'll have to do some space hulks, floating derelicts and such soon.

Atua
February 18th, 2018, 11:57
Glad you enjoyed it Kris. :-) I noted that the other players loved the maps as well, you do great work and I will definitely have a look at this new kickstarter.

Myrdin Potter
February 20th, 2018, 10:31
I am backing these new maps, of course.

gtw2017
February 20th, 2018, 18:32
Thanks very much to everyone who is backing - it's going really well and we're nearing the first stretch goal already. I just finished the first set of 3 dragon maps a short time ago as well. See below. I'm excited to be able to finally include these key beasties as part of the meanders franchise, and this leaves only 17 maps left to do minus any stretch goals and VIP rewards, so everything is running very smoothly behind the scenes.

Myrdin Potter
March 7th, 2018, 04:57
There is about 12 hours to go. Kris makes very very nice maps. I was able to resize myself for Fantasy Grounds for the first two series but now he is doing to for us.

Take a look, he has always delivered exellent quality and has updated older maps to his new standards as well.

LordEntrails
March 7th, 2018, 20:40
So glad we got the Dwarven Complex unlocked. Just missed the Demonic Prison. Oh well, next time!

Trenloe
March 7th, 2018, 20:59
So glad we got the Dwarven Complex unlocked. Just missed the Demonic Prison. Oh well, next time!
Kris mentioned in the comments that he was going to unlock it anyway.

Bidmaron
March 7th, 2018, 23:47
I backed him again. Didn’t back his sci fi but did everything else

gtw2017
March 8th, 2018, 12:00
Hi guys - really appreciate your support that helped fund this new wave - thank you all so much!
PS - I did unlock the Demonic Prison Arena so all stretch-goal pledges will get that as well. Can't wait for Unity when the full scope of the interlockability of Meanders is able to be used to make larger seamless worlds including these mega-meanders in one go without the lag.
PPS - Still no word on the Meanders module that Aaron Marx and I put together and submitted to Smiteworks - hopefully soon!

gtw2017
April 16th, 2018, 01:15
The next wave of Meanders 3: 'Magic, Murder and Mayhem' is coming along nicely - I've been working away in the background and have completed a huge plague village with rooftop and interior versions, a 9 lvl wizards tower, necromantic forest, flooded village with brown water (to suit jungle) and blue water (to suit forest), an 8 section, 2 story mansion by day, and the same by night. - and am at 50+ new meanders already with many more to come. I'll be doing a ton of furniture and dressing this time around as well.

Following this round, I'll be switching to doing a Post-Apocalyptic/Zombie set.

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2018, 01:25
Ugh! Not again. I haven't had time to play with D, D, & D yet!! :)

gtw2017
April 16th, 2018, 01:30
Come now, don't be disappointed, A) it means you'll have plenty of new maps in the range to go when you are ready, B) im training to be a DM in FG so you'll get to see them soon enough if you join my games and C) It'll be June when I launch.

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2018, 03:36
Not disappointed with you, with me. Or more directly with my stupid need to have a job that pays the bills! I mean if they just paid me and didn't make me spend time doing work I could play with maps all day!

gtw2017
April 16th, 2018, 14:19
we're actually in the same boat, what I do keeps me so busy that I don't have time to play any games on FG. I'm trying hard to make space so I can.

gtw2017
May 22nd, 2018, 00:28
The latest wave of Meanders 3: "Magic, Murder & Mayhem" - a 14 day campaign seeking funds to produce 48+ new digital maps - is now live on kickstarter.. Prepare to get freaky, crazy and downright gory with this gigantic expansion of detailed Digital Maps for your fantasy RPG's in each of the 3 main categories. Each map includes interior/exterior layers (roofing/rooms) and full furnishing so you can get the best of both worlds. Please help fund me to finish this new set of maps and a thousand new assets/vectors to go with them and make this the 5th successful Meanders campaign.

VISIT IT HERE (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-3-magic-murder-and-mayhem-digital-maps-an)

Myrdin Potter
May 22nd, 2018, 00:30
Maps! Lovely maps!

gtw2017
May 22nd, 2018, 00:41
Thank you Myrdin :)

Laerun
May 22nd, 2018, 05:39
I love these maps, can't wait to dig through these!