PDA

View Full Version : Disconnection difficulties

Callum
March 29th, 2006, 13:51
My group has played several sessions using FG, and had no significant problems. However, our last session was a completely different story. One of the players was repeatedly disconnected, with a frequency that effectively made it impossible to play. It became so frustrating that we switched to just using an instant messenger utility to play. Even then - when there was no activity in FG - he got disconnected again! No-one else was having this problem; he's never had the problem before; his set-up hasn't changed; he wasn't having any connectivity issues with the IM application.

We're playing again this Thursday, and I'm hoping it won't recur. But I'd appreciate anyone's advice as to what might be causing the problem, just in case it does - in which case, we'll have to abandon our game, sadly.

richvalle
March 29th, 2006, 14:30
My group has played several sessions using FG, and had no significant problems. However, our last session was a completely different story. One of the players was repeatedly disconnected, with a frequency that effectively made it impossible to play. It became so frustrating that we switched to just using an instant messenger utility to play. Even then - when there was no activity in FG - he got disconnected again! No-one else was having this problem; he's never had the problem before; his set-up hasn't changed; he wasn't having any connectivity issues with the IM application.

We're playing again this Thursday, and I'm hoping it won't recur. But I'd appreciate anyone's advice as to what might be causing the problem, just in case it does - in which case, we'll have to abandon our game, sadly.

Maybe he was just having a bad isp day. Since it was limited to that one player, it sure looks like it was an issue on his side. Having him reboot/restet isp mode (or whatever) might be something to try if it happens again.

rv