PDA

View Full Version : Extension to mod an Extension

KlatuB
February 10th, 2018, 19:57
I have started to look at DOE's locations extension (for a 5e campaign), I like what I see so far. The only issue I have is I'm using the "Core Buttons For 5e" extension, when I turn on the Location button in the Library I would like the Locations button to look like the other buttons. I know I can just go into DOE's extension and change the button graphics, but I don't want to have to do that every time he updates the extension.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22188&stc=1&d=1518292380

LordEntrails
February 10th, 2018, 20:31
If you can get the author/owner of the Core Buttons for 5E extension to work with Dulux, he will help coordinate the buttons so it only has to be done once.

Ken L
February 11th, 2018, 01:25
You can open the extension and edit the files within. Just be aware of layering, I was modding DOE's locations extension awhile ago and I missed a small detail which confused me for quite some time.

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2018, 02:07
Also, please be aware of the Licensing requirements if anyone does decide to modify any of the DOEs (or the new DORs) - my preferred solution to these types of issues is to work with my fellow Community Devs to come up with a viable solution.

damned
February 11th, 2018, 02:16
The DOEs specify a load order.
You can create a new extension to load after Dulux's extensions.

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2018, 05:29
The DOEs specify a load order.
You can create a new extension to load after Dulux's extensions.

This is true - unfortunately, Moon Wizard has stated recently (in another thread) that this functionality is being removed in the future (FGU-era, if my memory serves me correctly) so we can't/shouldn't rely upon it. :(

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2018, 07:53
Load order is still planned, as this was regularly used and required in many cases; it was the extension exclusions and dependencies that are not planned to be implemented, because no one but Dulux-Oz really used them and they are complex to re-implement in FGU.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2018, 08:00
Load order is still planned, as this was regularly used and required in many cases; it was the extension exclusions and dependencies that are not planned to be implemented, because no one but Dulux-Oz really used them and they are complex to re-implement in FGU.

Regards,
JPG

I apologize - I obviously misunderstood our original conversation.

Ken L
February 11th, 2018, 08:17
Also, please be aware of the Licensing requirements if anyone does decide to modify any of the DOEs (or the new DORs) - my preferred solution to these types of issues is to work with my fellow Community Devs to come up with a viable solution.

Well if re-released, but if it's privately used I don't see an issue which appears to be the case here.