PDA

View Full Version : What pathfinder purchases are needed

bloodydrake
February 10th, 2018, 15:50
Hello Everyone
Its been quiet a few years since I looked at Fantasy Grounds but a friends Son is looking to play an RPG(Pathfinder or DnD 5e) and I just don't have as much time to put into prep.
So i'm looking at what core modules do i need to purchase if im only going to play official pazio adventure path modules?

Strange Aeons or Carrion Crown are the two that thematically look the most interesting to me.
do i need all the bestiary purchases? , advanced classes? ect or do the i just need the core game plus the ap module ?

Any advice or insights would be much appreciated.

thebwt
February 10th, 2018, 15:54
So minimum you'd just want the core rule book.

There are a lot of awesome advanced mechanics in the other books though (more character options, etc). If this is the first time they've ever played pathfinder at all... The Core rulebook is more than enough TBH.

The AP modules contain all of their specific mechanics, you don't even need a beastiary for them.

Talyn
February 10th, 2018, 16:25
As @thebwt said, if you use one of the adventures from the store, all NPCs/monsters are already in there, so no bestiaries needed at all (that's also the case with adventures for 5E and every other ruleset). The PFRPG SRD modules come free with Fantasy Grounds, so you and your players may be fine just using those. The Core Rulebook DLC has some more fancy features plus a gorgeous theme, but it's not technically needed. People have played PF games for years before Paizo licensed with FG. :)

If you get the core book DLC, have your players only load that, not the SRD modules, though.

bloodydrake
February 10th, 2018, 16:55
thx folks thats very helpful!

Dale T
October 11th, 2019, 21:45
Does the Pathfinder RPG - Core Rules Pack (not 2.0) have most of the effects available? My friends barbairan is looking for Rage.

Thanks

Blahness98
October 12th, 2019, 01:19
Does the Pathfinder RPG - Core Rules Pack (not 2.0) have most of the effects available? My friends barbairan is looking for Rage.

Thanks

This (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library&p=201247&viewfull=1#post201247) module should have the effects you need for rage

Dale T
October 12th, 2019, 16:36
This (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library&p=201247&viewfull=1#post201247) module should have the effects you need for rage

That's great - thank you!