PDA

View Full Version : paizo account link

Dyark
February 10th, 2018, 01:36
Hi,

I did link my account with fantasy grounds but it doesn't apply the discount from paizo

When I click on the help, the Paizo Account Synchronization doesn't appear

what do I do need to do ?

Also I can see the connection from Paizo

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 01:49
Which product ids show up when you sync?

The way it works is as follows:
1. Link account to Paizo acocunt
2. Refresh Paizo Purchases
3. Add the FG versions of those products to your shopping cart
4. Verify discount in Shopping cart adds the equivalent of the PDF for those products

If that is not working, please let us know which products and we can help look it up.

Dyark
February 10th, 2018, 01:54
It work thanks

Aeast236
February 10th, 2018, 03:43
pretty sneaky guys. I even asked about updates on release today during Fantasy Grounds Friday lol
Happy its released. Thanks for all the hard work.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 03:44
pretty sneaky guys. I even asked about updates on release today during Fantasy Grounds Friday lol
Happy its released. Thanks for all the hard work.

:)

We didn't know how long the review would take... but I started pushing to LIVE within 5 mins of reading the email. Unfortunately, it came in right before I stepped away to eat dinner with the family and was actually about an hour later than it would have been otherwise.

Archamus
February 10th, 2018, 06:13
I didn't know there was an account link discount thing T_T

damned
February 10th, 2018, 07:23
I didn't know there was an account link discount thing T_T

If you own the PDFs and you ink your Paizo account you will get a discount off the FG products.
If you dont own the PDFs and you link your account you will get the PDFs in your Paizo account after buying the FG product.

Dissonance1979
February 11th, 2018, 22:49
I refreshed my link as stated above, but I am only seeing a 9.99 discount on each item. Is that correct? If we ordered the hardback items from Paizo it only gives us the PDF discount?

Ahh I see it now - it truly only gives the PDF discount so we have to purchase the rule set for 50.00 and each of the AP's for 14.00.

That's unfortunate - The link was my selling point to my players. Not really interested in re-purchasing every over again.

Bidmaron
February 12th, 2018, 00:34
Dissonance, I am sorry you feel that way, but the effort to produce the FG versions is significant, and the automation built in is also non-trivial. Your players will not have to make the purchases. You can share your material with them any time they are connected to your game server.

I like to think of it this way: people buy books and read them. They do not expect a discount when they go to the movie of the same material. In this case, at least you get a discount.

ddavison
February 12th, 2018, 01:29
Note that the price for each of the Adventures for Dead Suns AP 1 through 3 is only $7 each if you already own the PDF. You get 15.99 off from the 22.99 listed price on those.

dberkompas
February 12th, 2018, 01:34
You should see the discount you get if you own Rise of the Runelords 25th Anniversary edition, INSANE.

Dave

Dissonance1979
February 12th, 2018, 02:14
Dissonance, I am sorry you feel that way, but the effort to produce the FG versions is significant, and the automation built in is also non-trivial. Your players will not have to make the purchases. You can share your material with them any time they are connected to your game server.

I like to think of it this way: people buy books and read them. They do not expect a discount when they go to the movie of the same material. In this case, at least you get a discount.

I’m actually having a great convo with Mr. Davison via email. I appreciate the allegory as it does make sense. I just thought it would be a 1:1 basis. I totally accept fault for not reading everything

Topdecker
February 13th, 2018, 18:39
Um, a single campaign is still going to cost ~$130 which is excessive when compared to any and all other Fantasy Grounds product lines.

It is at least 2x more expensive than it should be. I don't care about the core books - they are what they are. But these campaign apples when compared to other campaign apples are....well, horse apples.

ddavison
February 13th, 2018, 19:56
Um, a single campaign is still going to cost ~$130 which is excessive when compared to any and all other Fantasy Grounds product lines.

It is at least 2x more expensive than it should be. I don't care about the core books - they are what they are. But these campaign apples when compared to other campaign apples are....well, horse apples.

It depends on what you buy. Rise of the Runelords is a flat $59.99 for a full campaign. If you already owned the PDF, it is only $18 because you get a $42 discount. Like many of our products, you don't need the Bestiary (any of them) for the ones that are currently available.

Bidmaron
February 13th, 2018, 19:57
Topdecker, we will respectfully disagree. This is a very active community who feel that we get a bargain. You are always free to explore your alternatives....

Topdecker
February 13th, 2018, 21:11
Well, if you've already bought PDFs, it certainly isn't as painful - no arguments there and I am glad that this is in place. I hopped in without any of the materials and thought it was pretty cool that I was getting the PDFs - I almost have never GMed a setting without also owning the PDF or printed version. It simply takes a great deal of reading to gain enough familiarity with the materials so it comes off as it should.

+1 for additional materials (PDF)
+1 for maps (huge, lovely maps)
+1 for supporting images (most creatures / NPCs have an associated image)
+1 for tokens (most NPCs / creatures have integrated tokens)

If you look at it from a pure work perspective, you are getting a fairly feature complete product that should minimize the amount of work needed to run the campaign. (Typical WotC product is a +2.5 or +3, PEG products being +.5 or a +1.)

Anyhow, it _is_ what I hoped it would be - and then some. The reference materials are really nice. The ruleset isn't as fully automated as it could be, but it is young and thus understandable.

I still don't like the price point for the campaigns, but it is the deluxe way of doing things. So I will back-off. It is a superior product that completely delivers what it promises to bring at a premium price.

damned
February 13th, 2018, 22:52
I still don't like the price point for the campaigns, but it is the deluxe way of doing things. So I will back-off. It is a superior product that completely delivers what it promises to bring at a premium price.

Hey Topdecker I have only played a very little bit of Pathfinder but Ive got a bunch on the Adventure path books and while they are an expensive adventure compared to many other game systems adventures - they are generally very good and they play for a long time. My feeling is that these would be hot sellers at this price point if they were available on other rulesets (5E) too. Apart from the steeper up front cost for some of these APs I think they represent pretty good value :)

Topdecker
February 13th, 2018, 23:25
Hey Topdecker I have only played a very little bit of Pathfinder but Ive got a bunch on the Adventure path books and while they are an expensive adventure compared to many other game systems adventures - they are generally very good and they play for a long time.

I agree, the Pathfinder APs appear to be all of uniformly high production values. However, I have avoided Pathfinder largely due to rules bloat. At over 500 pages, Starfinder isn't exactly sleek, but at least it is all in a single book at the moment.

I don't know about lasting value - more my problem than the materials. I don't tend to re-run campaigns - probably a failing of mine. I am generally as eager to see new stuff as the players :). It also has kept me from comparing groups of players to one another - in fact, that is almost a novel idea to me :)

damned
February 13th, 2018, 23:30
I agree, the Pathfinder APs appear to be all of uniformly high production values. However, I have avoided Pathfinder largely due to rules bloat. At over 500 pages, Starfinder isn't exactly sleek, but at least it is all in a single book at the moment.

I don't know about lasting value - more my problem than the materials. I don't tend to re-run campaigns - probably a failing of mine. I am generally as eager to see new stuff as the players :). It also has kept me from comparing groups of players to one another - in fact, that is almost a novel idea to me :)

Haha. The thught of all those classes and feats scares the bejeezus outta me!
I also dont tend to re-run stuff (other than one shots) - no time and less fun.