PDA

View Full Version : LFP Late night weekday Curse of Strahd group. Ideally 4-5 players. Gauging interest!

XIIGage
February 9th, 2018, 00:12
Looking to gauge interest on starting a late night COS group.

Ruleset: D&D 5E

Campaign: Curse of Strahd Module

Play times: Undecided but will be once a week on a Weeknight (Mon-Thurs) and start at 9:30-10pm CST. Most sessions should last 3-4 hours so please be ok with staying up until 2am on a weeknight.
Added as a recommendation, Starting Timezones would be:
8pm PST, 9pm MST, 11PM EST

Voice: Discord - voice required.

Play style: Since it is a WoTC module it is mostly pre-set with some adjustments by me. COS is more RP heavy than other modules so you are probably looking at 70/30 RP/combat

Other Notes:

Be able to commit to 20-30 weeks to complete the module.
Party will start at level 1 and we will be doing the introduction to the module that usually takes 1-2 sessions and gets you to level 3. You usually complete this module at around level 10-11

Please be new to this module! It severely diminishes the effect the module has if you have already played through it.

All published WoTC content allowed, UA's need to be approved first. No variant humans.
Variant Encumbrance will be used.
Death is a very familiar thing in this module so be ok with rolling new characters if needed!

About your DM:

I am very laid back and try to help when I can but will not handout everything. I like joking around but don't want it to detract from the story and/or sidetrack the group. I try to use character voices but am very bad at it, so be ok with listening to terrible impressions for extended periods of time. I will usually start the game off going a little easy on the group until they get the hang of everything, but as mention before, this module is quite deadly to many PCs.
I am running this module with another group of friends now so I have decent experience with it.

License: I only have the basic license but will consider getting an ultimate license if a lot of new FG players want in without buying the standard license.

Nothing is committed to yet as I want to see how many are actually interested, so please post if you are!

Edit: Here is a link to a calendar event for it:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2966

damned
February 9th, 2018, 00:37
You might do a quick TimeZone conversion for common timezones - EST, CST, MST, PST, CET, UTC, JST, AEST, NZT as games in odd local times are often in prime time elsewhere.

Uraence
February 9th, 2018, 05:42
I'd totally be down. 9:30 pm CST is a perfect time for me!

I've played every edition of D&D over the last 35 years and enjoy all types of play and character types.

I have an ultimate license as well.

mlkmn
February 9th, 2018, 15:40
That time works great for me on Wednesday or Thursday almost every week. I usually work Sunday-Tuesday nights, so can't do the other days regularly.

I have an ultimate license.

XIIGage
February 9th, 2018, 22:23
I added a calendar event for signups.

jpenhall
February 9th, 2018, 22:53
I could do Wed or Thurs nights. I'm currently playing with some friends in a Sunday night 5e game, using Fantasy Grounds. It was my first experience with both (lots of previous DnD experience though). I haven't every played the Curse of Strahd before. I have both a mic and Discord. Let me know if that works for the group. Thanks.

FunkenGruven
February 10th, 2018, 19:14
This time frame works out perfect for me cuz that's my kids bedtime so pretty much any weekday is good for me. Always been interested in ravenloft from back in the day but never got to play these modules. Please consider me for a spot. Thank you

ultimakuja129
February 13th, 2018, 02:10
I'd very much be interested as well, nights are the only time I could play during weekdays, Saturday is open! CST player here.

nannywanny
February 13th, 2018, 06:48
I’m a relatively seasoned player and would definitely love to play! I’m on PST so your time zones are all good

Rustyphishook
February 14th, 2018, 17:59
New to FG. I have kids, so a late game once they are in bed is what I'm looking for.

discalced
February 15th, 2018, 02:36
Any time after 8p PST is awesome for me. Been waiting many months for a campaign with this general start time. Can do any weeknight. Thanks for considering!