PDA

View Full Version : Where is/are the v3.3.4 [5E] NPC spell slot tracking fields?

Tabarkus
February 8th, 2018, 21:57
Version 3.3.4 stated there were now [5E] NPC spell slot tracking fields. I don't see anything on the NPC sheet, the Combat Tracker, or in Options. Am I missing something?

Zacchaeus
February 8th, 2018, 22:15
Yes you are missing something.

One thing to note is that I haven't managed to update every module yet, particularly the adventure modules so some of them may not show the numbers on the NPC sheet. But when placed on the CT the numbers should appear.

Moon Wizard
February 8th, 2018, 23:25
They only appear if there are spells in the spells section of the NPC/CT entry.

Also, make sure you do not have an unzipped 5E folder in your FG data folder under rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

Stitched
February 18th, 2018, 01:55
"They only appear if there are spells in the spells section of the NPC/CT entry. "

True *but* some NPCs in the Monster Manual that DO have spell slots have "0" listed under the number of spells (spell slot squares) for a given level yet appear correctly when added to CT (For example, the Death Knight).

damned
February 18th, 2018, 02:59
"They only appear if there are spells in the spells section of the NPC/CT entry. "

True *but* some NPCs in the Monster Manual that DO have spell slots have "0" listed under the number of spells (spell slot squares) for a given level yet appear correctly when added to CT (For example, the Death Knight).

Its a brand new feature.
It was added to the CT first.
All the other materials have to be re-coded to show them within that reference.
Many will get done. Many wont.
Its not a big deal as they will have the slots when added to the CT so its hard to justify the re-write effort...

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2018, 09:59

Indeed, the Monster Manual has not been updated to show the spell slot numbers since it requires some additional support for me to do so. As damned says the spell slots don't show on the NPC sheet but they will show when added to the CT. I will update all of he WotC material in due course; but the new feature should still work across all modules once the NPCs are on the CT.

darrenan
May 19th, 2018, 07:41
So this is only for monsters with spell slots? Innate spells aren't tracked?

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2018, 08:51
So this is only for monsters with spell slots? Innate spells aren't tracked?
indeed.