PDA

View Full Version : Action Card problem

Chagidiel
February 8th, 2018, 18:17
Hi i recently bought FG and Savage Worlds core, Fantasy Companion and Adventure Cards.
But when i try to drag an adventure card to a PC i get the following message, Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:76: attempt to index local 'node' (a nil value)

Anyone else got this problem?

Talyn
February 8th, 2018, 18:35
Did you turn on the Action Deck extension?

Chagidiel
February 8th, 2018, 18:40
Yes, it's turned on. I can see the deck, shuffle it and so on. I cant deal card to players

Trenloe
February 8th, 2018, 19:05
Yes, it's turned on. I can see the deck, shuffle it and so on. I cant deal card to players
Please provide detailed steps on how to recreate - where you're dragging from, exactly where you're dragging to, etc.. I've tried to recreate your error and I can't. EDIT: I can recreate, see next post.

Also, please type /version in the chat window and post a screenshot of the results here. Thanks.

Trenloe
February 8th, 2018, 19:11
Update: OK, I've tested a bit more and I can recreate. Drag the adventure card deck from "GM Tools" to a PC in the party sheet, or the portrait on the desktop, raises the error.

Over to the relevant SW dev for this...

Chagidiel
February 8th, 2018, 19:28
Is there any other way to make it work?

Eru the One
February 9th, 2018, 03:37
Update: OK, I've tested a bit more and I can recreate. Drag the adventure card deck from "GM Tools" to a PC in the party sheet, or the portrait on the desktop, raises the error.

Over to the relevant SW dev for this...

I verified this was working under 3.3.3.

To add to Trenloe's post, when you drag the card over, an invisible card appears that you can't clear, and the party sheet "Reset Adventure Cards" doesn't reset either once you get the error.

Eru the One
February 9th, 2018, 03:52
I verified this was working under 3.3.3.

To add to Trenloe's post, when you drag the card over, an invisible card appears that you can't clear, and the party sheet "Reset Adventure Cards" doesn't reset either once you get the error.

I was able to fix the issue of resetting the cards by editing the db.xml removing the empty card data (id-00002) and reset the card counter to 0

<adventurecards>
<id-00002>
</id-00002>
</adventurecards>
<cardcounter type="number">0</cardcounter>

Still have not found a workaround to add cards within 3.3.4 yet, but I'll keep trying.

Eru

Doswelk
February 10th, 2018, 17:34
I have noticed an issue lately:

I have customised the deck removing a number of cards that I did not want in my DLR campaign, this works fine until a player uses This Card Just Rules, then the deck will deal two cards from the standard deck (ignoring my custom deck), this has resulted in two players having the same Adventure card, as well as dealing a card that I did not want the player's to get.

Hex08
February 12th, 2018, 04:28
I ran into the same problem tonight. I normally drag the cards from "GM Tools" onto the Adventure Cards portion of the character sheet but that no longer appears to work.22211

Ikael
February 12th, 2018, 12:36
The script error and reset issue had been resolved and will be available tomorrow in live.

Eru the One
February 12th, 2018, 17:37
I was just going to ask, thanks Ikael!

Muagen
February 14th, 2018, 00:13
Just patched half an hour ago and started up a Savage Worlds campaign.
Doesn't seem to have helped. Dragging cards from the deck to the Adv Card sheet doesn't populate the sheet with a card, and dragging a card from the deck to chat returns the following:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22235&d=1518567172

Eru the One
February 14th, 2018, 01:15
I've never dragged the cards to the players sheet myself. I use the party sheet, character list, or just drop the card on the portrait in the upper left to drop one or more cards on a character.

Muagen
February 14th, 2018, 01:25
Well, fine.
It works flawlessly when I do it the correct way.
:P

chillybilly
April 11th, 2018, 18:49
Same problem. I can't drag a card onto a PC sheet and when I drag it to the chat screen, I get: "Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:141 attempt to index a local 'node' (a nil value)

Ugh, I fixed it by learning how to read the post 2 above me.

Ikael
April 11th, 2018, 20:09
Same problem. I can't drag a card onto a PC sheet and when I drag it to the chat screen, I get: "Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:141 attempt to index a local 'node' (a nil value)

Ugh, I fixed it by learning how to read the post 2 above me.

These are fixed in v4.6 ruleset

chillybilly
April 13th, 2018, 05:05
Another question. When customizing decks, is it possible to have different adventure card decks for different players? In other words, have one custom deck for Player A and a different deck with different cards for Player B?

Ikael
April 13th, 2018, 05:48
Another question. When customizing decks, is it possible to have different adventure card decks for different players? In other words, have one custom deck for Player A and a different deck with different cards for Player B?

No, there can be only one deck that's used for everyone

chillybilly
April 13th, 2018, 12:32
No, there can be only one deck that's used for everyone

Woke up early this morning to find my question already answered! The last (rhetorical) question is does Ikael ever sleep? :)