PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Ruleset

Ken L
February 5th, 2018, 12:46
I'm curious if there's a deadlands classic ruleset out there? I know there's the savage worlds deadlands-reloaded ruleset but it's purchase locked so I don't believe it can be manipulated.

I need to manipulate the ruleset to integrate ship mechanics and others for a diesel punk campaign I'm planning to run.

Talyn
February 5th, 2018, 13:53
Neither Savage Worlds (required) nor Deadlands Reloaded are encrypted. Manipulate away...

Be aware that Savage Worlds v4.6 (in development on the TEST channel) has some advanced vehicle functionality...

Ken L
February 5th, 2018, 14:43
If it's unencrypted, I'll buy it tonight and rip it open, if it is I'll probably return it as I may as well alter CoreRPG from scratch.

The vehicle functionalities probably won't be up to par for what I'll need it for. I'll be porting over my ship extensions from my sci-fi game so that'll be.. fun or something like that... but I don't think Savage Worlds changes the same areas but I suppose I'll find out tonight.

Talyn
February 5th, 2018, 15:27
If you were on the FG Discord, you'd see screenshots etc. of what @Ikael is doing for vehicles...

Varsuuk
February 5th, 2018, 18:45
That’s one of the many cool things about FG - the rulesets are exposed for manipulation/reuse.

Just look at what Celestian has done with 5e to make his AD&D 2.0 ruleset.

Trenloe
February 5th, 2018, 19:02
That’s one of the many cool things about FG - the rulesets are exposed for manipulation/reuse.
Not *all* rulesets. For example, Call of Cthulhu 7e is encrypted, as is Barbarian of Lemuria.

Ken L
February 5th, 2018, 19:20
I VNC'd to check, it seems all kosher. I'll take a more in-depth look when I get back.

Regarding the SW ruleset, unlike the 5E one, you don't have access to the ruleset unless you purchase the GM/PHB combo.

Varsuuk
February 5th, 2018, 19:25
oops Trenloe, didn’t know. I only have the base ones plus Savage Worlds plus C&C - I should know better than to infer from such a little dataset.

(Ken, I always meant rulesets YOU have access to would be visible for modification/extension ... although as Trenloe corrected, this is not always the case.)