PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Eye Rules Set

Dayson
February 4th, 2018, 23:49
Has anyone done any work on this?

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2018, 00:13
Not that I am aware of. Doug did reach out to the community for a developer but as far as I know there were no takers.

Dayson
February 6th, 2018, 03:19
Thank you for getting back to me so soon. It is a shame that there were no takers. I know there would be plenty of players.

Nemori
February 14th, 2018, 00:06
I'm really intrigued by this, but I just got the PDFs and have to read them first. And then we'll see if my current excitement survives making a character sheet with all those skills that are there :)

Bidmaron
February 14th, 2018, 09:06
Can we disable the poll feature? Or perhaps there is a way to turn off threads so we don't get false new posts every time someone responds to a poll.

damned
February 14th, 2018, 10:59
Can we disable the poll feature? Or perhaps there is a way to turn off threads so we don't get false new posts every time someone responds to a poll.

The poll is set to run for a specific and not unreasonable amount of time.

Bidmaron
February 14th, 2018, 10:59
Ok. Thanks.

Dayson
February 15th, 2018, 02:32
It looks as though there is some interest in The Dark Eye rule set.

Dayson
February 15th, 2018, 02:44
We have a group now.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=139

damned
February 15th, 2018, 05:09
Without that number being +100 and preferably significantly higher there isnt a lot of impetus to build a full ruleset...

And good work on getting a crew together!

Nylanfs
February 16th, 2018, 21:37
I don't know, it's big enough in Germany that dual speakers might want a official ruleset and book.

damned
February 16th, 2018, 23:54
I don't know, it's big enough in Germany that dual speakers might want a official ruleset and book.

Sure... but 10 yes votes right now isnt going to excite a developer.
It is very big in Germany and they do play the German version already.

Dayson
February 17th, 2018, 02:09
Realistically it probably will not happen but, I will not let that stop us.

damned
February 17th, 2018, 02:50
Realistically it probably not happen but I will not let that stop us.

For sure.
You might be able to write an extension to use 3.5e or 5e or you might get your hands on the German 4e ruleset and do an english translation or you might use MoreCore or other generic platform.

Dayson
February 17th, 2018, 14:36
MoreCore looks like the way to go. I have no programming skills so I need a simple option.

Skellan
February 17th, 2018, 17:56
The dark eye is a cool setting. I suspect it would be a big job to bring it to FG though.

Nemori
February 17th, 2018, 18:40
Yeah, but from what I've read so far I feel like it should be possible to make decent automation for it. I'm already working on a ruleset, but it's not going to happen overnight. The nice thing is that there is (or at least was) a publisher interest so there is potential to make it really sexy.

Actually I originally wanted to make an Eclipse Phase ruleset, but the second edition is coming out this year so I think it's better to wait.

damned
February 18th, 2018, 01:16
Bringing the PM back into the thread so we can have others run their eye over the mechanics an interpretation too.

If you are able to boil down the roll to its core elements it will help.

What do you roll?
How do the dice respond (drop lowest, explode etc)?
What modifiers do you add/subtract to the dice and why?
How is the target number determined?
Are there sliding scales of success/failure.

It is a role under system.
attribute check is 1 d20
attack,ranged combat,parry,dodge checks are 1 d20
skill checks are 3d20s

Modifiers:
+6 extremely easy
+4 very easy
+2 easy
+/-0 challenging
-2 difficult
-4 very difficult
-6 extremely difficult

Skill checks are three linked attributes: example: Courage 14, Intuition 13, Agility 14. I roll 3d20s and try to get under 41. I can use my skill points to "buy off" any of the three rolls that are over. For example if I have 7 skill points to spend, I can roll 48 total and succeed at the check.

quality levels:
The number of Skill points left over from a skill check.
0-3 points level 1
4-6 points level 2
7-9 points level 3
10-12 points level 4
13-15 points level 5
16+ points level 6

So an Attribute check you roll under your attribute with modifiers. Are there degrees of success?
For a Combat roll you are rolling 1d20 where do you get your modifiers from, what are some examples, and what is your target number?
For a Skill check you Sum 3x Skills and must roll under on 3d20. Do modifiers apply here too? How do you track those skill points that you use to buy off? Do they replenish? Then you have the table for Skill Points left over on a roll - are these degrees of success (and failure)? Do these skill points have any relationship with those that you are using to buy off?

Nemori
February 18th, 2018, 12:43
From how I understood the rules:

attribute check: roll under attribute on d20 (compressed percentage essentially). No degrees of success, but you have critical succes and failure (called botch) on 1 and 20 with confirmation rolls.

combat rolls are the same, but you are rolling against derived stats - your attack, parry, dodge, etc.

skill check are tricky. Every skills is tied to three attributes and you have to make three attribute checks, that's the 3d20. If one of them fails, you can use your skill points in that particular skill to buy points on the roll. How many skill points you have left unused at the end determines the degrees of success, this is for skill checks only (please correct me if I'm wrong). Crits and botches work differently due to the number of dice involved. You don't make confirmation rolls, but instead look at the number of 1s or 20s you rolled.

Dayson
February 18th, 2018, 12:50
All correct but there are confirmation rolls on crits and botches. There is a variant rule to ignore confirmation rolls to speed up game play.

damned
February 18th, 2018, 13:00
Ok this is good we are getting closer.

Nemori please explain the confirmation on 1/20 mechanic.
Derived Stats are... derived from what?
So with the Skill roll I have to roll under each of my stats with the corresponding dice?
So Im using Strength 14, Intuition 11, Courage 8 and I roll 10, 12, 14 I have a success by 4, a failure by 1, a failure by 6?
I can then "spend" 1 Inituition point and 6 courage points to succeed?
Then I total my remaining points in those - 14+(11-1)10+(8-6)2 = 26 so I get a level 6 success?

Im sure Im not getting this right....

damned
February 18th, 2018, 13:05
Also is it Roll Under or Roll Equal to and Under?

damned
February 18th, 2018, 13:24
Here is a draft roll demo for the Attribute Check...

You click the Attribute and a Difficulty if necessary and then you click the Attribute Check.
Attributes are stored into Modifiers as is the Difficulty.
Then you do the Attribute Check which rolls 1d20 and compares it to the SUM of the Modifiers to determine the result.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22292

Nemori
February 18th, 2018, 13:47
The confirmation rolls work the same way as in Pathfinder - you roll again to see if you succeed or fail.

So if Geron is attacking with an attack of 14: he'd critically succeed if he rolled 1 and then 10 for example.

If Geron wants to, let's say unwind in a tavern, he's going to use his Carousing skill which is tied to Sagacity/Constitution/Strength. His Carousing is 5, SGC 10, CON 12, STR 13.
Let's say he rolls 13,10,5. He succeeds on all of those, except Sagacity, probably got a bit carried away and started ordering shots. However he can (and should) spend use the Carousing points to make up for the failed roll, he uses 3 points to get the roll down to 10, leaving him with 2 points of carousing. Which does qualify only for 1 QL. He didn't lose his face in front of his buddies, but he didn't impress anyone either.

Modifiers are applied to the all three attributes at the same time and skill points are 'spent' only for this roll.

Edit: I forgot to add that the QL (Quality level, degree of success) is calculated from the unused skill points. So there is no difference between rolling 2 and 8 (if both succeed). Rolling super low doesn't give you awesome QL, that is ultimately limited by your skill level. ie. apprentice craftsman is not going to make a masterpiece no matter how hard and how many times he tries.

damned
February 18th, 2018, 14:03
The confirmation rolls work the same way as in Pathfinder - you roll again to see if you succeed or fail.

So if Geron is attacking with an attack of 14: he'd critically succeed if he rolled 1 and then 10 for example.

If there was a modifier on this roll would that also apply to the confirmation roll?
And I assume for a botch you would roll a 20 and something over 14?

If Geron wants to, let's say unwind in a tavern, he's going to use his Carousing skill which is tied to Sagacity/Constitution/Strength. His Carousing is 5, SGC 10, CON 12, STR 13.
Let's say he rolls 13,10,5. He succeeds on all of those, except Sagacity, probably got a bit carried away and started ordering shots. However he can (and should) spend use the Carousing points to make up for the failed roll, he uses 3 points to get the roll down to 10, leaving him with 2 points of carousing. Which does qualify only for 1 QL. He didn't lose his face in front of his buddies, but he didn't impress anyone either.

Modifiers are applied to the all three attributes at the same time and skill points are 'spent' only for this roll.

Ok so you do actually have Skills as well as the attributes they are derived from.
The Skill point spend pool is from the Skill itself and you dont lose (either temporarily or permanently) the skill points when you spend them.
You would I assume always spend the skill points if you fail a roll? There is no advantage if the points are not actually used/consumed/deducted?

Edit: I forgot to add that the QL (Quality level, degree of success) is calculated from the unused skill points. So there is no difference between rolling 2 and 8 (if both succeed). Rolling super low doesn't give you awesome QL, that is ultimately limited by your skill level. ie. apprentice craftsman is not going to make a masterpiece no matter how hard and how many times he tries.

Danke.

Where do parry, melee, dodge (combat skills) come from?

Dayson+ are you in agreeance with the above?

Nemori
February 18th, 2018, 15:17
If there was a modifier on this roll would that also apply to the confirmation roll?
And I assume for a botch you would roll a 20 and something over 14?

Correct.

Ok so you do actually have Skills as well as the attributes they are derived from.
The Skill point spend pool is from the Skill itself and you dont lose (either temporarily or permanently) the skill points when you spend them.
You would I assume always spend the skill points if you fail a roll? There is no advantage if the points are not actually used/consumed/deducted?

I guess you could fail on purpose, but then there's no need to roll :)

You have 8 attributes - that's the Courage, Intuition, Sagacity and what not. Skills (which includes also combat techniques and spells) and derived characteristics - those have a base value determined by your race, attrributes or skills in case of attack/parry and are modified by various advantages/disadvantages/special abilites you take.

Dodge = Agility / 2
Attack (AT) = Full combat technique + 1 for every 3 above COU 8
Parry (PA) = Half combat technique + 1 for every 3 above value 8 of the associated primary attribute
Ranged Combat (RC) = Full combat technique + 1 for every 3 above DEX 8

Combat technique is the combat skill for the weapon you're using - e.g. Fencing Weapons for a Rapier.

Dayson
February 18th, 2018, 16:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1hiPp2nlI

The GM has about 20 years playing the game. So, I trust her knowledge.

Dayson
February 18th, 2018, 16:49

Exactly correct

damned
February 19th, 2018, 10:38
ianmward and I stuck our outrageously good looking heads together today and we have come up with this so far...

Basically for an Attribute Check you clikc teh Attribute and then you click the Attribute Check.
For a Skill Roll you click the 3 Attributes and then you click the associated (or *generic) Skill.

Feedback required...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22318

Dayson
February 19th, 2018, 10:44
On first blush, it looks like you have it.

Trenloe
February 19th, 2018, 14:04
ianmward and I stuck our outrageously good looking heads together...
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/the-roleplaying-palace/images/5/5a/1ba27e48ec6480504f13dddd140f5ebc.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/400?cb=20150111002905

;)

JohnD
February 19th, 2018, 15:36
Lol

damned
February 19th, 2018, 18:04
You forgot my beard you blimey englishman!
I almost summoned you for help but I couldnt afford the beers!

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2018, 18:25
lol, this is priceless :)

LordEntrails
February 19th, 2018, 19:39
You forgot my beard you blimey englishman!
I almost summoned you for help but I couldnt afford the beers!
This better?
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/82/a5/79/82a579fdb1cb3f43e16f5b97bb7834b8--fantasy.jpg

damned
February 20th, 2018, 01:22
This better?
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/82/a5/79/82a579fdb1cb3f43e16f5b97bb7834b8--fantasy.jpg

Yes. Like I said - outrageously good looking.

Dayson
February 20th, 2018, 16:52
Wow

Demus Opalium
February 23rd, 2018, 14:29
Hi Team.
Do you have the CHARLETTERS for TDE5 finischd for MORECORE ?
my Problem is the German DSA5 (TDE5 ) version and the NPC letters havnt Live ore any Settings for Spells Like in The MORECORE version....
how can i make the Char Letters from DSA5 betaRuleSet (TDE5 ) to MORECORE....

I have so many items in the DSA5betaversion and cant make Nice NPC and in MoreCore my Problem is The Char letters.

did some Spezialist from your team done this ?

and maybe you can help me .
I hope so.

cu

Here Some IMAGES and i hope thahts shows you my Problem.
The MoreCore needs The Char ore The DSA ruleset need the NSC (NPC) extension.
I cant do this because i dont understand how i can do it.....

The MoreChar Char letter.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/411946289517821952/416657143199170561/DSAMoreCore-Char-Letter.PNG?width=452&height=634
The More NSC - ( i Need in DSA )
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/411946289517821952/416657167672672267/DSAmoreCore-NSC-Letter.PNG
DSA- Here you see The NSC options in DSA. Theres no options 4 the NSC Like in the MORECORE nsc options.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/411946289517821952/416657115893989388/DSAbeta-NSC-easyCover.PNG?width=1134&height=593
The CHAR LETTER for DSA a lot More options. Thats i Need in MORECORE ore i NEDD The NSC in DSA
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/411946289517821952/416657040606232577/DSAbeta-CHAR-letter.PNG?width=528&height=634

damned
February 23rd, 2018, 23:41
Hola Demus Opalium - Im sorry Im not really sure what it is that you are looking for?

JohnD
February 24th, 2018, 04:53
This better?

That's what alcohol induced stupors are for.

Demus Opalium
February 24th, 2018, 07:17
4Damnd
Ok Here we are.

My Problem is in This moment my Broken Englisch...
sry im Just from a Standard School and i try to Show you my Problem. from Germany....

1. I Like the NSC letters Tool in the MORECORE.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/411946289517821952/416657167672672267/DSAmoreCore-NSC-Letter.PNG
MoreCore

2. I want in DSA5-Beta Ruleset. your NSC-letter
because,
have look at the differents you can see it Directly.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/411946289517821952/416913920830341122/Dsa-NSC-Desktop1.PNG
DSA5 beta ruleset 1.00

The Dark Eye= DSA5= Das Schwarze Auge.(german)

ore I need
This latest edition of The Dark Eye Character Letter in MORECORE.

you anderstand ?

and here is a link
https://www.fgii-projekte.unbesiegbar.com/Ruleset/DSA5_V1.0.0/dzrs5.php
to get a Downloud the TDE-The Dark Ey = DSA5 -Das Schwarze Auge.beta Ruleset 1.00
in this Rule Set i wanne your NSC-Letter (Options)

Look at the pics and you can see 2 diferent rulesets.

have a nice day.

Nemori
February 24th, 2018, 16:42
I beg a pardon, but what is "NSC"? Does NSC mean NPC - as in non-spillable-character (excuse my german) ?

If that is the case, what do you mean by "letter"? Do you mean the whole window (fenster)? Do you mean the dice rolls?

Also, if nothing else works, you can on Discord in the german language channel :)

Demus Opalium
February 24th, 2018, 20:59
Does NSC mean NPC - as in non-spillable-character (excuse my german) ?

If that is the case, what do you mean by "letter"? Do you mean the whole window (fenster)? Do you mean the dice rolls?

Yes of curse.

i mean the Windows for the NPC. in MoreCore the Windows have More Options.

I need this more options in the NPC Window in The other Ruleset.

thats the Point. TY

Dayson
February 25th, 2018, 00:56
It looks like we can proceed. With 2 votes in the negative and 18 in the positive so far, I believe we have enough interest and players to take the next step. Can I get a show of hands as to who would like to commit to a regular game? Does anyone have GM experience in The Dark Eye? What time and day would work for everyone?

TriOpticon
February 25th, 2018, 04:44
I have the books but have not played so I would like to try a one-shot at least. I am currently in 2 long-term games (one is Tuesday nights and one is Wednesday nights and both are every other week) so as long as the times/day do not clash I can start as early as 5pm EST, Sunday to Thursday for sure and most Fridays.

Dayson
February 26th, 2018, 21:08
I am available to play or GM Saturdays after 3 pm Eastern Or after 6 pm Sundays. Please PM me here with your details.

Demus Opalium
February 27th, 2018, 09:27
saturday ore Sundy maybe I can Play with you.

Im from Germany and my Engl is Broken...

but i Think i can Play a Dwarf with Broken language maybe.......
let me Now waht do you think.

and tell me the Char do you wanne have ? Play with 1000Point ore Play with 1100 hero points / ap to Create a Hero.
have a nice day.

time Zones is this korekt

Zeitverschiebung
Deutschland New York City
Deutschland
Europe/Berlin
New York City
Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika (USA), America/New_York
Zeitverschiebung Deutschland New York City

-6 HOUR

when you start the game at 6 pm i need to play with you 12 a clock Morning.

no Problem ^^

Dayson
March 2nd, 2018, 02:07
saturday ore Sundy maybe I can Play with you.

Im from Germany and my Engl is Broken...

but i Think i can Play a Dwarf with Broken language maybe.......
let me Now waht do you think.

and tell me the Char do you wanne have ? Play with 1000Point ore Play with 1100 hero points / ap to Create a Hero.
have a nice day.

time Zones is this korekt

Zeitverschiebung
Deutschland New York City
Deutschland
Europe/Berlin
New York City
Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika (USA), America/New_York
Zeitverschiebung Deutschland New York City

-6 HOUR

when you start the game at 6 pm i need to play with you 12 a clock Morning.

no Problem ^^

You rock, no problem about the German accent. I know only one word of German so you have the advantage. I am entering in Fantasy Grounds now.

Demus Opalium
March 2nd, 2018, 09:33
Ok.
when you wanne Start just let me Now and i Come.

Sunday is my Favorite i can evry Sunday spend youre Group a Dwarf.

when you like it ?

Just let me now ABOUT the char ( HERO POINTS ) you wanne give 4 the Start for the ADVENTUR = )

the Rules are Beginner Starts 1000 Points and ExperiencePlayer with 1100 Points ( AP ) ?

withe this Points i can Create a DWARf ore Human ore other Heros you think thats fine in this Group.

ive you wane make Heros just let me now = )

can you plz tell me This.

ore did i understand you wrong ?

Dayson
March 4th, 2018, 18:17
I am planning a first game for March 25th 2018. I am entering into Fantasy Grounds now. As this is slow going, please be patient. If everyone could answer this post and give me their thoughts and availability.

TriOpticon
March 4th, 2018, 23:32
I am available the 25th. 6pm EST?

Nemori
March 5th, 2018, 11:19
I would love to play a one-shot, but sadly Sundays and especially in EST time zone are out of question for me.

Dayson
March 5th, 2018, 16:52
I might be able to start earlier.

Dayson
March 21st, 2018, 16:52
We have a group started here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=139

Trenloe
March 21st, 2018, 17:05
We have a group started here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=139
Sorry, I forgot to subscribe to that group and so didn't know about the posts. I'll reply there...

Trenloe
March 21st, 2018, 17:14
I've never really used the groups before - it looks like you can subscribe for daily updates to the group as a whole, and instant email updates to a specific discussion.

stephan_
March 22nd, 2018, 08:37
I don't know if it's useful or not but I have some experience with The Dark Eye (5th edition). So should you have any questions I might be be able to help in some way. Be aware that my rulebooks are in German though.

Dayson
March 22nd, 2018, 11:11
A very kind offer. I will take you up on that advice.

damned
March 22nd, 2018, 13:05
Dayson what ruleset did you end up deciding to use?

Dayson
March 22nd, 2018, 19:09
I am entering everything in Core. I still have hopes for a full rule set eventually.

Dayson
March 27th, 2018, 04:08
We had our first game yesterday. I think all things considered it went well. My two players, Martin and Mike, are outstanding. They were beyond helpful and enthusiastic. Many thanks gentlemen. All this being said, I think we are going to continue playing. May fervent hope is that the group will continue to grow allowing many good GMs and players to enjoy The Dark Eye.

damned
March 27th, 2018, 04:18
We had our first game yesterday. I think all things considered it went well. My two players, Martin and Mike, are outstanding. They were beyond helpful and enthusiastic. Many thanks gentlemen. All this being said, I think we are going to continue playing. May fervent hope is that the group will continue to grow allowing many good GMs and players to enjoy The Dark Eye.

Screenshots!

TriOpticon
March 27th, 2018, 05:02
No screenshots as my character's blood was basically everywhere but inside her body.

Dayson
March 27th, 2018, 19:45
No screenshots as my character's blood was basically everywhere but inside her body.

We learned very early in the game that it is deadly and toe to toe with Orcs has to be the last resort.

Dayson
March 28th, 2018, 02:16
The endgame scenario for me would be to have enough game masters and players to cover all the regions in Adventuria. Also, having support from Ulisses North America would be ideal. We have taken the first step by getting a small group of dedicated people together and playing. The next phase will be to grow the group to the point where we need more GMs. If anyone has good ideas please chime in.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2018, 00:59
After our very enjoyable test run this last weekend I've been working on expanding damned's dsaskill roller.

I've updated it so that skill rolls can have the default attributes set to allow one-click rolling. But also allow attributes to be selected in the defaults aren't appropriate.

Modifiers affect the EAV (effective attribute value) of each attribute in the skill as per page 23 of the core rules.

Here's the base setup:
1) Add all of the 8 attributes as modifier entries - naming is important as the skill rolling matches based off the first 3 letters of the attribute (modifier) name (except for Sagacity which can use SGC or SAG).
2) Add the dsaskill roll with the skill points and then the three attributes.
3) Roll the skill check!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22792

Required modifiers can be created (and exported to a module for reuse), and can be applied to the roll to change the EAVs.

For example, the following roll is made with 2 levels of pain and a difficulty of easy. The roll action code makes all the required changes and auto calculates the result and QL (Quality Level):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22791

TriOpticon
March 29th, 2018, 01:39
That looks awesome. So, Sagacity should be SAG in the skill text instead of SGC as in the book?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2018, 01:44
That looks awesome. So, Sagacity should be SAG in the skill text instead of SGC as in the book?
That's the one exception. To cover it I've coded for either SGC or SAG.

Dayson
March 29th, 2018, 04:30
No screenshots but a quick synopsis:

Belima and Korgrimm are hunting in the woods when thy hear some muffled sounds head of them. They decide to investigate. Coming out of the clearing they see a 30 foot high temple with steps leading to the top. On top are five figures. One is tied to a stake and the others are gathered around. Korgrimm and Belima move stealthily around the base of the temple to opposite sides. Korgrimm climbs the southern set of stairs and Belima the northern. Upon reaching the top they see a man about to be burned at the stake by four Orcs. Korgrimm attacks from the south and Belima from the north. Both sides take heavy damage. One Orc is killed and the others flee. Korgrimm frees the prisoner and helps him down to the bottom of the temple. Belima is severely wounded and Korgrimm helps her down also. Wade Brack introduces himself. They find out he is the son of a wealthy noble. Korgrimm and Wade make a travois to transport Belima to a near by tavern owned by Wade's father called the Manticore.
Arriving at the Manticore they enter and are greeted by Landgrove Gylbard the dwarf Bartender/Innkeeper. The tavern is populated by four other dwarves. Landgrove notices what bad shape Belima is in so he offers to help bring her upstairs. Settled in one of their most comfortable rooms Belima is tended to by Magda the Inn's midwife. It takes about four days for our heroes to recover from their wounds.
Wade soon learns that his father, Conradin Brack, has been thrown into prison. He asks Korgrimm and Belima to help him get to the bottom of this scandal. Belima is very suspicious and Korgrimm refuses to help. After some digging they find Conradin's ledger and find that he is in fact a crook stealing from the towns people and from the Baron. Crestfallen, Wade begs Belima and Korgrimm again for help. They agree after some debate……………

Dayson
April 7th, 2018, 02:36
I will need help entering into morecore if we want to play on time. I will be available tomorrow afternoon at 3:30 pm my time. I will be on teamspeak at that time or around then. I am in NH.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2018, 02:55
I will need help entering into morecore if we want to play on time. I will be available tomorrow afternoon at 3:30 pm my time. I will be on teamspeak at that time or around then. I am in NH.
Don't enter any data yet...

I've been slaving away over the last week to try to get all of the roll types into MoreCore: Attribute, Skills, Attack, Parry, Damage, etc.. (Init and Defence/Dodge to come)...

I should be free tomorrow afternoon to go through what I've done and start entering data. I don't have a full PC or NPC template yet. Nor do I have a comprehensive list of modifiers or effects (yes, there will be some effects).

I'm going to go through the solo adventure "The Vampire of Havena" to test out what I've coded so far...

Dayson
April 7th, 2018, 03:00
Don't enter any data yet...

I've been slaving away over the last week to try to get all of the roll types into MoreCore: Attribute, Skills, Attack, Parry, Damage, etc.. (Init and Defence/Dodge to come)...

I should be free tomorrow afternoon to go through what I've done and start entering data. I don't have a full PC or NPC template yet. Nor do I have a comprehensive list of modifiers or effects (yes, there will be some effects).

I'm going to go through the solo adventure "The Vampire of Havena" to test out what I've coded so far...

You rock my friend! I will talk to you tomorrow.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2018, 17:55
Slowly, slowly getting there...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22909

Dayson
April 7th, 2018, 20:21
Everything looks great!

Dayson
April 16th, 2018, 16:31
I am entering into Morecore-TDE. It would help if the players would enter their characters and I could import them.

Trenloe
April 16th, 2018, 16:40
I am entering into Morecore-TDE. It would help if the players would enter their characters and I could import them.
Unfortunately, this ruleset/extension is not publicly available as yet. The main thing being the attack strings... I hope to get a base extension for TDE out later this week. After that, it will be possible for players to enter their PCs.

damned
April 16th, 2018, 23:56
Unfortunately, this ruleset/extension is not publicly available as yet. The main thing being the attack strings... I hope to get a base extension for TDE out later this week. After that, it will be possible for players to enter their PCs.

It should be out this week guys. Maybe not till the end of the week though.

Trenloe
April 17th, 2018, 00:21
It should be out this week guys. Maybe not till the end of the week though.
I've made a bunch of other changes that I'm going to put into an extension for TDE - so it's not just MoreCore we're waiting on! ;)

Dayson
April 17th, 2018, 02:29
No worries. I am happy this is happening at all.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2018, 01:17
First release of the "MoreCore - The Dark Eye" extension available for testing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43697-The-Dark-Eye-(TDE)-MoreCore-Extension

bigjip
May 7th, 2018, 10:31
Brilliant !

Skellan
May 13th, 2018, 18:37
Fantastic work. I got a bunch TDE books a while back, and while I really wanted to play it I just didn't see a way to play using FG...until now - thanks Trenloe and everyone else that has worked on this.

I had a poke around the extension and it seems to work well. The skill checks must have been a headache to get working in FG but they seem to be working great.

I am going to start building dark eye content modules for my personal use only but I was wondering if there is stuff that I could do share that would not be a copyright infringement. There seem to be lots of modifiers for example

Trenloe
May 13th, 2018, 18:42
I had a poke around the extension and it seems to work well. The skill checks must have been a headache to get working in FG but they seem to be working great.
Thanks! Yes, it was a bit of a pain - and went through many iterations.

I am going to start building dark eye content modules for my personal use only but I was wondering if there is stuff that I could do share that would not be a copyright infringement. There seem to be lots of modifiers for example
I pretty much think modifiers are really the only thing we could publicly share. I think creatures (as a lot of them are pretty unique to TDE) and other data is bordering on the grey area between game mechanics and intellectual property. Maybe we could see about a few generic creatures with purely number based data - I don't know how truly useful that would be, at least it's better than nothing.

Skellan
May 13th, 2018, 19:02
Yeah, copyright law makes my head hurt. That being said, I have no intention of doing anything to damage Ulisses Spiele's sales.

I'll go through and put together all the modifiers I can find.

I'll also be running some dark eye soon, so I will give the ext some testing

Trenloe
May 13th, 2018, 19:04
I'll also be running some dark eye soon, so I will give the ext some testing
Cool! Please let me know how it goes.

Skellan
May 13th, 2018, 19:05
Where do spells go on the character sheet btw?

Trenloe
May 13th, 2018, 19:15
Where do spells go on the character sheet btw?
Enter them as /dsaskill rolls. But where you put them is pretty much up to you. I had thought of the "Frequently Used" entry (top middle), or maybe rearranging the skills into 2 sections and have the third as spells. But the skill list in each section is already quite long. I haven't done much testing with spells...

Skellan
May 14th, 2018, 18:18
Good idea, the frequently used box works perfectly. I notice that spells need to be entered as rolls rather than spells in the sidebar. This works fine I think as spells work like skills anyway. Do you plan to change them to being spells in future? because I will cry if I put them all in and then they change :)

What's the difference between /dsaskill [] and /dsaskill [e] ?

I loaded up a Death squirrel and the poor lil fella is getting the pain modifier as he only has 3 LP to start with. I think one of the pain conditions is triggered if you fall to 5LP or less but I don't think this applies if you start with low LP? The core book says 'when their LP drop to 5 or less.'

Hope this doesn't sound like I am complaining because I think the ext rocks :D

Trenloe
May 14th, 2018, 18:33
Good idea, the frequently used box works perfectly. I notice that spells need to be entered as rolls rather than spells in the sidebar. This works fine I think as spells work like skills anyway. Do you plan to change them to being spells in future? because I will cry if I put them all in and then they change :)
Nope, I don't have any plans to change spells in the future. As you say, they are basically skills checks and the spells functionality of MoreCore doesn't fit TDE.

What's the difference between /dsaskill [] and /dsaskill [e] ?
There are currently 3 codes that can be entered as part of the /dsaskill check: E, e and R. E = ENC level (via an effect) is always applied to the roll, e = ENC might be applied and the result of the roll give info on with/without ENC, R = the skill or spell applies the RAPT effect penalty as a bonus - i.e. it's favoured by the blessed one's deity. You can combine E or e with R as needed - e.g. [E], [e], [R], [ER] or [eR], or leave blank [] or omit completely if not relevant for the check.

More info on effects and roll syntax to come as I update the documentation. It's delayed a bit as I have to update some roll functionality - primarily the order of applying modifiers if the attribute is being adjusted (halved, etc.) first.

I loaded up a Death squirrel and the poor lil fella is getting the pain modifier as he only has 3 LP to start with. I think one of the pain conditions is triggered if you fall to 5LP or less but I don't think this applies if you start with low LP? The core book says 'when their LP drop to 5 or less.'
Hhhmmm, interesting. I'd never realised the wording of "drop by" before. So, a creature who starts with 5 or less LP never gets level IV pain, just the first three as they drop past 75%, 50% and 25% of their total? I've added the auto calculation of pain as a campaign option, which you can turn off. But it is much more valuable being on. I'll think about this and read up on it - I could add code that checks what the total LP are to start off with a make adjustments accordingly.

Hope this doesn't sound like I am complaining because I think the ext rocks :D
Not at all mate. I have only played TDE a couple of times, so feedback on how things work in practice is invaluable. :)

damned
May 14th, 2018, 23:23
Hah this is funny - I was testing out the Rolls and couldnt work out why I was always in Pain!

Dayson
May 29th, 2018, 16:58
WOW! What a big difference from when I started the ball rolling. A big thank you to all who are putting so much extra effort to making this happen. One of my long term goals is to have a very active and engaged community. We are well on our way. Cheers!

Dayson
June 3rd, 2018, 17:17
I have just loaded the new rule set and extension. My concern is getting everything entered correctly. There has been a huge time gap between games due to the work done on the rule set. Please do not take the last statement as any type of criticism, it was just an observation. I am very hopeful that there is still interest in this project going forward.

Valatar
June 19th, 2018, 05:51
Wow, I'd just encountered the book for this the other day and was intrigued, did a search on a lark and found that people are already making a plugin for it. That's why I love this community.

Dayson
June 19th, 2018, 19:14
Wow, I'd just encountered the book for this the other day and was intrigued, did a search on a lark and found that people are already making a plugin for it. That's why I love this community.
I am running a game with the new ruleset. And there is a group.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=139

Nylanfs
June 19th, 2018, 20:35
There's been a long time ruleset for it somewhere in the german forums, and it's always been in the stats that Doug posts.

damned
June 19th, 2018, 23:34
There is a pretty awesome DAS 4 ruleset on the German forums.
The extension by Trenloe is in English and for TDE 5.

Two options :)

Valatar
June 20th, 2018, 03:55
I saw a request from Doug some while back for a professional ruleset; I guess the owners are interested in getting in on FG. Since you're working on this already, Trenloe, gonna claim that prize once the kinks are worked out? Fantasy Flight should already be paying you for how much your work improves Star Wars and Genesys. Or at least Genesys; I imagine their deals with Disney prohibit them from officially endorsing third-party tools for SW. At least for TDE it appears that the company behind it is already looking to cooperate for a digital tabletop.

Trenloe
June 21st, 2018, 02:30
Since you're working on this already, Trenloe, gonna claim that prize once the kinks are worked out?
Nope. I like TDE, but... TDE will require many hundreds of hours of work for a commercial level ruleset. Additionally, each supplement that has come out since the core rulebook adds optional rules, plus the more recent ones bring in tier 1 and tier 2 levels of rules detail - requiring ongoing code changes and potential re-designs to cater for all of this flexibility.

Dayson
July 31st, 2018, 19:12
Please do not equate my inactivity this Summer for lack of interest. Now that vacations are finished and my children are going back to school soon I will have free time to game again. I am still keenly interested in getting a group of regular players together. Please let me know if you are still interested.

Dayson
August 20th, 2018, 17:00
We have a group to join if you are interested.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php