PDA

View Full Version : Exporting token bags

benjihad
February 4th, 2018, 08:09
Tried to search if this has been asked about before, but didn't have much luck.
I'm running into a script error when attempting to drag a bag of tokens to the place in the export dialog box for exporting tokens.

"Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/export_tokens.lua"]:25: setPrototype: Invalid parameter"

Is there something I'm overlooking or do I have to hand drag all 10,000 individual tokens into the dialog box? There must be a better way!

I'm attempting to package up the tokens into individual groups of 1,000 each by their characteristics so they can be loaded/unloaded, and they don't ALL load at the same time.
Using FG v3.3.3 Ultimate with the DCCRPG ruleset v3.0.2

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2018, 08:16
The interface does not support dragging token bags, so you won't be able to drag via the client interface to create these modules

Your best option is to follow these steps:

Create a sample module using a single token as a base module
Copy the module to create a new module
Rename the .mod file to .zip
Edit the definition.xml file to the correct name for the token set module you want to create (make a copy and copy back into .zip file)
Add all of the tokens you want to include into the "tokens" subfolder within the .zip file
Rename the .zip file to .mod
Change the module name to something unique for that token set

Note, if the module names are the same, then you won't be able to see some of the token modules; so make sure they're each unique.

Regards,
JPG

damned
February 4th, 2018, 09:50
personally... way too many tokens... :)
I tend to have about 100 in any one campaign...
however the system allows us both to operate how we like so all is good!

benjihad
February 7th, 2018, 14:03
The interface does not support dragging token bags, so you won't be able to drag via the client interface to create these modules

Your best option is to follow these steps:

Create a sample module using a single token as a base module
Copy the module to create a new module
Rename the .mod file to .zip
Edit the definition.xml file to the correct name for the token set module you want to create (make a copy and copy back into .zip file)
Add all of the tokens you want to include into the "tokens" subfolder within the .zip file
Rename the .zip file to .mod
Change the module name to something unique for that token set

Note, if the module names are the same, then you won't be able to see some of the token modules; so make sure they're each unique.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks, that seems to be the way to do it!
The only issue now is that there isn't a tool-tip on character portraits to be able to tell which file I'm looking at to match up with the token minis easily, similar to how tokens have a tool-tip showing filename.

personally... way too many tokens...
I tend to have about 100 in any one campaign...
however the system allows us both to operate how we like so all is good!

I had a feeling you might chime in on that one! :p That was a great suggestion though.
I did a quick test, only putting some tokens in the Shared folder by chunking up the tokens into groups of 1000 and then subdividing that into groups of 100.
That seemed to help immensely with the transfer times of the tokens on my LAN. Thanks!

Yeah, it's a little crazy with that many tokens, haha! What's even crazier, all 20000 tokens (front and back figures) are only just under 80MB!

Here's the tool I used, Game Character Hub (https://store.steampowered.com/app/529830/Game_Character_Hub_Portfolio_Edition/), to quickly spit out a bunch of faces with matching minis for randomization. I can't show any screenshots though because I'm using assets that aren't technically supposed to be used in other game creation utils other than "RPGMaker". However, I'm pretty sure there is a medieval faceset pack that can be purchased, or obviously one could create face parts of one's own to randomize together with GCH. Cheers!