PDA

View Full Version : Long Rest and Ability Scores reset to 10s

skj310
February 4th, 2018, 06:49
Ok I've attempted to search the forums, and haven't had luck with the keywords in the title of this post.

Specifically we are all running latest FG v3.3.3, as are our players. Everyone is using windows as the OS (10, or 7), and a couple use linux.

So a good number of GMs in a WM setting have players importing their character sheets into the host's server. When they do this, no problem, import success. Later in the session when the GM performs a long rest, some player's will see their character sheet reset their ability scores. The crazy part is that usually the GM notices this and the player's do not, as their stats remain fine from their client connection. The only fix is to have the player's type their stats back into the fields; at which point everything is ok. Why an issue, because even though the player's client connection looks ok, when they roll they roll with the stats on the server and lose their modifiers. Both Windows and Linux hosts servers have observed this behaviour.

None of the GMs in our WM setting have been able to pinpoint what's the cause behind the "Long Rest" trigger. Any ideas?

skj310
February 4th, 2018, 06:52
Clarification - any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix? It's really annoying and often leads to confusion in session and killing the suspension of belief we all strive for.

damned
February 4th, 2018, 07:10
First thing to check will be if any extensions are being used.
Second thing - how are you transferring characters between sessions?
I *wonder* if my PC has played with GM-A, and then played a few sessions with other GMs and then come back to GM-A could the resultant import be messing something up - two PCs called damned?

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2018, 08:11
Yes, definitely check the extensions, and turn them off if you can for next session.

What is the WM setting? Does it happen every time after a player imports? Do you have a copy of one of the player character files that gets imported?

Regards,
JPG

damned
February 4th, 2018, 08:12
Im pretty sure WM is West Marches - they have a dozen GMs and about 300 players playing in the same sandpit.

skj310
February 5th, 2018, 01:43
Will provide more details, when I get back home from work later today. Although I am wondering about previous character sheets ... perhaps ... I normally clean out the Character Selector window after a session, but lately I've not. I'll have to test around that ... seems a likely candidate. I'll ask the other GMs to post their thoughts on this as well.