PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm Support (Castle Warfare future extension)

SailorLovins
February 3rd, 2018, 00:34
Hello everyone...I am in the brainstorming phase of writing a module / extension for Fantasy Grounds. I am writing a 5th edition ruleset extension involving castle warfare. The idea generally gives "structures" slots. For example a watch tower has a structural value of 10. Each floor, including the basement costs 2 slots each, archer ports cost 1 structure point per floor, so on and so forth. I will detail options that will follow 5th edition rules much like magic items. You will be able to build your own castle with different features including rules on advantages of selecting terrain, Leader advantages (such as having a professional cook, baker, alchemist, watch captain, Warden and so on). Right now I am looking for FG battle maps that might be used to play test these rules. Looking for anything that is sectional and modules...especially valuing textile type maps that can rotate and be used for multiple purposes. Thank you for any support, ideas, questions comments and concerns.

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2018, 11:09
There are maps on the maps forum here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?90-Maps). Not sure whether any of them are what you are looking for.

You'll also find many maps via a Google search and on forums such as the Cartographer's Guild and Pinterest I believe has a ton of stuff too.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2018, 13:44
And remember the copyright status of any material used - if you’re sharing/distributing anything with images or other peoples work, make sure you have permission from the copyright holder, or use only public domain, community commons, OGL or similar material.

Note: "Public domain" is not finding stuff on the Internet! And copyright is not avoided by using someone's work without charging for the product you’re using it in.