PDA

View Full Version : DORCore - An Advanced-Beta Release Of A New Ruleset

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2018, 03:56
With the impending release of FGv3.3.4 I have decided to "get this out" to the FG Community and Community Devs so that people can start using it and we can work out the last of the bugs and any new features people want.

Please be aware that this is a pre-release release ie an "advanced"-beta. I've tested things to the point that I believe everything works, so now its time to let everyone else at it to make sure that it all works the way everyone expects it too. As issues are found and new/improved features are requested and completed I'll be updating the Ruleset.

Version

0.9 - Initial Pre-Release
0.9.1 - Fixed issue #5 (Post #5)
0.9.2 - Fixed issue #31, #47 and #52
0.9.3 - Added graphic buttons/controls to invoke Exploding Dice, Pool Dice and Target Numbers
0.9.4 - Current Version - Added graphic buttons/controls to invoke Kept Dice and Degree Of Success / Raises on Dice Rolls

What Is The DORCore Ruleset

The DORCore (Dulux-Oz Ruleset - Core) Ruleset is a "child" of the CoreRPG with a number of new features and Extensions pre-included. It has been designed to allow it to be used as the basis for any Community-derived (or even FG-Store) Rulesets, existing or new.

What It Is Not

The DORCore is not a replacement for any existing Ruleset (eg MoreCore), except maybe the CoreRPG itself - rather, it can be used to play an RPG the same as the CoreRPG and it can also be used as the "parent" for any new Ruleset that wants to take advantage of the extensive features the DORCore includes.

It can even be used as a "shim" and slipped into a Ruleset Stack between the CoreRPG and an existing Community Ruleset, allowing the existing Community Ruleset access to the DORCore's features with a minimum of effort on the Community Ruleset Developer's part - and I'll be happy to help Community Ruleset Devs in using the DORCore in this way.

DOE Depreciation Notice

With the release of the DORCore support for Community Rulesets within the DOEs is being depreciated. While the DOEs still work with those existing Community Rulesets as listed in the individual DOE Threads, the expectation is that this functionality will be removed for the next release of FG after v3.3.4 (ie in a few months time near the middle of 2018). This will allow the Developers of these Community Rulesets to transition their Ruleset for being a child of the CoreRPG to being a child of the DORCore.

"Standard" FG Rulesets (ie those available via the FG Updater) will not be affected.

The reason this is being done is to consolidate the time and effort that is required to maintain compatibility - basically by doing things this way there will be more time for more features and functions to be included in the DORCore, DOEs and future DORs & DOEs.

This notice is being / will be placed on each of the individual DOE Threads.

Feature List

Each of these features will be explained in further detail below

All CoreRPG Functionality
All The DOEs Pre-Included
Universal Die Roller
Slash Diecode-help Command
Slash Die Hide * Die Reveal Commands
Slash Tower Die Command
Five Menubar/Sidebar Button Icon Styles
Programmatically changeable Menubar/Sidebar Button Colours and Button Icon Colours
Full API Documentation (to be completed) - Please PM me in the meantime

All CoreRPG Functionality

The DORCore is built on top of the CoreRPG (it is a child-Ruleset of the CoreRPG Ruleset), so all of the CoreRPG's functions are automatically included in the DORCore.

All The DOEs Pre-Included

All of the existing DOEs are included by default in the DORCore. See the individual FG Forum DOE Threads for details.

Universal Die Roller

A new Universal Die Roller (UDR) is included, accessible via the "/die" command and also programmatically for the Community Ruleset Devs. Every existing possible Die Roll from every published RPG is included (it is believed), including Exploding Dice, Pool Dice and a full suite of Dice Mathematics.

Please note that the UDR does not yet work with "non-standard" die (eg d7, d9, d13, etc).

If, when using this feature, you believe that you have found either a bug, the UDR doesn't perform the way you expect it to behave, and/or it doesn't allow you to roll a particular Dice-Mechanic, then please post here what you were trying to achieve, which Die Code you used and the results you actually obtained - thank you.

Slash Diecode-help Command

All of the UDR Diecodes are available in the FG Chat Window by use of this slash command.

Slash Die Hide & Die Reveal Commands

Slash commands to hide and reveal the Dice Tower

Slash Tower Die Command

Roll dice in the Dice Tower via an FG Chat Window slash command. Will also accept all UDR Dicecodes.

Five Menubar/Sidebar Button Icon Styles

The DORCore includes five different styles of Menubar/Sidebar buttons, selectable from the FG Options Window and available to be programmably set vie the appropriate API function call. Set the style for the genre of RPG you are playing. Styles include: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Oriental, Western and 1930s/Gumshoe. More style are under development. New Icons and Icon Styles can be added programmatically. Note that not all Menubar/Sidebar Button Icons Change when changing Icon Styles.

Programmatically Changeable Menubar/Sidebar Button Colours and Button Icon Colours

The Background Colours, Icons and Icon Colours of all of the Menubar/Sidebar Buttons are all available to be changed and/or added to programmatically via API function calls.

Full API Documentation

Full documentation of all API function calls is available for those Community Devs who wish to use the DORCore and modify their child Ruleset, along with full instructions on how to accomplish this. Note that this is still a work in progress and so at this stage is available upon request (via PM).

Planned Features

Inclusion of the new Simple-Brown and Simple-Grey Themes.
All future DOEs will be included.
New Menubar/Sidebar Button Icon Styles.

Suggestions, Improvements And Bugs

Please feel free to post any suggestions, improvements, wishlist features and bugs to this thread and I'll do my best to get them included/resolved as soon as I can.

Previous Downloads:

DORCore Ruleset: 73

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2018, 04:17
Nice work! Will love to see what gets done with this.

Bidmaron
February 2nd, 2018, 04:28
dulux, am I being too optimistic to think this means your DOEs will get rolled into CoreRPG also in 3.4.1?

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2018, 04:42
dulux, am I being too optimistic to think this means your DOEs will get rolled into CoreRPG also in 3.4.1?

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen - I think it'd be easier to have this and the DOEs delivered via the FG Updater. :)

dberkompas
February 2nd, 2018, 05:36
Running latest test: 3.3.4
DORCore: 0.9
Fantasy theme selected, DORCore decal.

No extensions loaded, no modules loaded.

Repeatable bug:
Right click a die, select any number of die to throw.
Throw die in chat window.

Script Error: [string "Core/Scripts/lsDieManager.lua"]:259: attempt to index field 'aRollCodes' (a nil value)

I seem to get the same thing anytime I pick up a die and throw it into the chat.

However, if I type /die 6d20, then all is good, so it's the picking up the die that may be the issue?

Also noticed, that when rolling a die by dragging, it skips debug statements 1, 2 and 3.

Dave

(Obviously I LOVE it, otherwise I wouldn't be inclined to comment on bugs/features)

Bidmaron
February 2nd, 2018, 05:37
Can't stop a guy from hoping.

Nickademus
February 2nd, 2018, 15:44
So let me see if I understand this, which I'm tired so that's no guarantee.

You will soon stop supporting a group of extensions that GMs could get and use for their campaigns, and then only support a ruleset that GMs have to find a developer to implement in an extension for the specific ruleset they wish to use your DOE features in? Doesn't this drastically limit who can use the DOE features in their campaigns? I mean, currently the only thing a GM needs is a handful of modules. Are you going to provide a version of each default ruleset merged with this?

Nickademus
February 2nd, 2018, 15:50
It has been designed to allow it to be used as the basis for any Community-derived (or even FG-Store) Rulesets, existing or new.
Also, it's been a while since I looked at a DOE module, but last I saw there was a large copyright notice slapped on it preventing people from sharing any content that used any part of a DOE extension. (I believe the phase was 'for personal use only'.) Does this ruleset not have the same copyright? Are people allowed to share 'Community-derived Rulesets' made with this, or are they still for personal use only (meaning each GM is on their own to figure out how to mod their ruleset to use this).

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2018, 16:07
Running latest test: 3.3.4
DORCore: 0.9
Fantasy theme selected, DORCore decal.

No extensions loaded, no modules loaded.

Repeatable bug:
Right click a die, select any number of die to throw.
Throw die in chat window.

Script Error: [string "Core/Scripts/lsDieManager.lua"]:259: attempt to index field 'aRollCodes' (a nil value)

I seem to get the same thing anytime I pick up a die and throw it into the chat.

However, if I type /die 6d20, then all is good, so it's the picking up the die that may be the issue?

Also noticed, that when rolling a die by dragging, it skips debug statements 1, 2 and 3.

Dave

(Obviously I LOVE it, otherwise I wouldn't be inclined to comment on bugs/features)

Damn, I thought I'd fixed that - I'll get it sorted asap.

Thanks Dave

dberkompas
February 2nd, 2018, 16:22
@Nick,

Your more appropriate response would be, "WOW! Thanks, this is amazing."

Dave

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2018, 16:24
So let me see if I understand this, which I'm tired so that's no guarantee.

You will soon stop supporting a group of extensions that GMs could get and use for their campaigns, and then only support a ruleset that GMs have to find a developer to implement in an extension for the specific ruleset they wish to use your DOE features in? Doesn't this drastically limit who can use the DOE features in their campaigns? I mean, currently the only thing a GM needs is a handful of modules. Are you going to provide a version of each default ruleset merged with this?

No, it means that I'll soon stop supporting (for FREE) a group of (FREE) Extensions for those Community Rulesets that are not available via the FG Updater, which means that if a Dev of a Community Ruleset wants the users of their Ruleset to have access to the functionality of the DOEs they can base their Community Ruleset off of this Ruleset instead of "everyone" asking me to do all the work and make the DOEs work with their creation, and then me having to do all the support when something changes. It's shifting some of the the work from my single shoulders to the shared, collective shoulders of the Community Devs who would like the users of their Ruleset to have access to this functionality (and more).

As I said, the "'Standard' FG Rulesets (ie those available via the FG Updater) will not be affected." This means CoreRPG, 3E, 4E, 5E, 13th Age, CoC, CoC7, CnC, SW, Fate, d20 Modern, & PF (I think that's all of them).

Of course, some people may not think this is fair, in which case I just might throw a wobbly and withdraw all the DOEs, this Ruleset and everything else I've ever done for this Community FOR FREE (while still retaining my copyright to ALL of it), because the level of "entitlement" that has been growing over the last couple of months around here is starting to get on my nerves! (Yes, I'll take my bat and ball and go home!)

On the other hand, it's late and I'm tired (not to mention somewhat ill) so I might just be a little bit more tetchy than normal - I think it might be time for bed.

dberkompas
February 2nd, 2018, 16:32
Dulux-Oz,

Well said, operative word 'entitlement'.

Dave

dberkompas
February 2nd, 2018, 17:12
Another thing I just found...

If you're in the Library (with Professor Plum?), and you select ALL, things are grand.

However, if you select 'GM', then you lose the 'Vehicles' ribbon icon.

Dave

Bidmaron
February 2nd, 2018, 17:51
Hang in there Dulux! We value what you do and appreciate it.

damned
February 2nd, 2018, 23:53
Another thing I just found...

If you're in the Library (with Professor Plum?), and you select ALL, things are grand.

However, if you select 'GM', then you lose the 'Vehicles' ribbon icon.

Dave

You can select GM and then tick and untick any additional icons for your specific needs.

dberkompas
February 2nd, 2018, 23:55
Werd Up.

Nickademus
February 3rd, 2018, 16:08
@Nick,

Your more appropriate response would be, "WOW! Thanks, this is amazing."

Dave

A change that drastically reduces the number of people that can benefit from something is not what I would call amazing. And I'd never compliment a change before I understood what was being changed. So, no, it wouldn't.

Nickademus
February 3rd, 2018, 16:11
No, it means that I'll soon stop supporting (for FREE) a group of (FREE) Extensions for those Community Rulesets that are not available via the FG Updater, which means that if a Dev of a Community Ruleset wants the users of their Ruleset to have access to the functionality of the DOEs they can base their Community Ruleset off of this Ruleset instead of "everyone" asking me to do all the work and make the DOEs work with their creation, and then me having to do all the support when something changes. It's shifting some of the the work from my single shoulders to the shared, collective shoulders of the Community Devs who would like the users of their Ruleset to have access to this functionality (and more).
This makes sense. I didn't know so many people were asking you to modify your content for compatibility.

As I said, the "'Standard' FG Rulesets (ie those available via the FG Updater) will not be affected." This means CoreRPG, 3E, 4E, 5E, 13th Age, CoC, CoC7, CnC, SW, Fate, d20 Modern, & PF (I think that's all of them).
When you say 'will not be affected', do you mean that the DOE's will still work on them and be updated, or that the ruleset will be unable to used with them leaving anyone using these ruleset out of luck if they wish to continue using DOE features?

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2018, 21:28
When you say 'will not be affected', do you mean that the DOE's will still work on them and be updated, or that the ruleset will be unable to used with them leaving anyone using these ruleset out of luck if they wish to continue using DOE features?
Per;

Means, to me, that Dulux will continue to support the DOEs for these "standard" rulesets. But, rather than him having to support every other ruleset in his extensions, he's created a ruleset that others can port to be dependent to DORCore so that he (Dulux) doesn't have to support his extension with each ruleset, but rather each community ruleset can "support themselves" per se.

Bidmaron
February 3rd, 2018, 23:50
Stroke of genius

dulux-oz
February 4th, 2018, 04:19
I thought (assumed?) that what I had originally said was perfectly clear - but obviously it wasn't, so let me elaborate and be more explicit.

The DOEs will continue to work and will continue to be supported by me for all of the "standard" CoreRPG-child Rulesets available via the FG Updater utility. At this point in time (Feb-2018) this list of Rulesets consists of: CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, 13A (13th Age, ETA=Soon(TM)), CoC, CoC7, CnC, d20 Modern, Fate Core, Numenera, PFRPG and SW.

As SmiteWorks adds new Rulesets to the FG Updater / "standard list" then the expectation is that these new Rulesets will also be supported by me as far as the DOEs are concerned. This does depend upon a number of factors, including but not limited to me being provided a copy of the new Ruleset for testing purposes.

For any other Rulesets that the DOEs are currently supported for (in whole or in part) that support is being depreciated in preference to those Rulesets becoming child Rulesets of this new DORCore Ruleset. This should be a relatively minor change and code-clean-up for those effected Rulesets - provided, of course, that the Ruleset Dev would like his Ruleset Users to continue to have access to the functionality provided originally by the DOEs and now by the DORCore.

New Community Rulesets will also benefit from the functionality provided by the DOEs/DORCore by being developed as child-Rulesets of the DORCore.

I am happy to provide help to me fellow Community Devs to make their Ruleset a child-Ruleset of the DORCore, upon request - note that this is "provide help" not "do the work for them". To this end I am currently writing some API documentation to go along with the DORCore to make this as easy as possible, plus I am (almost) always available to answer questions, etc.

As new functionality is added to the existing DOEs and as new DOEs are developed the functionality they provide will be added to the DORCore at the same time, so that, for example, playing a game with the CoreRPG & DOEs will be exactly the same as playing a game with the DORCore - except, of course, that the DORCore also includes the Universal Die Roller (UDR) and a few extra Chat Box Slash Commands, etc, that the CoreRPG & DOEs do not have. Thus, it makes sense for new Rulesets to be developed as child-Rulesets of the DORCore - which was one of the design goals in the first place.

I am not taking anything away from anyone - everyone will still have access to whatever functionality they have right now and in some (most?) cases will actually end up having more functionality. What I am doing is shifting some of the workload from a single Dev and "spreading the work around" to a group of Devs and doing it in a way that will actually make it easier (I believe) for Community Devs to provide a Ruleset with a whole bunch of functionality right off the bat.

Everything I have ever done for this Community and everything I ever do has but one over-riding aim - to improve the RPG experience of those choosing to use FG and the REMs (Rulesets, Extensions & Modules) and other artifacts I produce. In fact there have been a few ideas and artifacts that I have submitted to SW which have been turned down and rejected (or put on hold), including a REM Updater that would allow Community Developed REMs to be pushed/pulled from a distributed virtual-repository in a way similar to the FG Updater - but even with these rejections and the time and effort "wasted" on them I have still been working for this Community. At no time have I ever (I believe) done anything to take away something I have provided to this Community (apart from perhaps taking a step backwards so as to ultimately provide a better way forward) - and I am actually quite hurt to think that there are those in this Community who would think that I would actually do such as thing, especially based upon my existing "track record".

I'll get off my soapbox now. </rant>

dulux-oz
February 4th, 2018, 04:46
Please note the new version in Post #1, fixing Issues #5 & #13.

Cheers

Nickademus
February 4th, 2018, 17:49
Okay, that make a lot more sense. I shouldn't check these boards when I'm sleep-deprived...

As long as people using the SW rulesets will have full support for you extensions going forward... actually even that is more work than I'd expect you to do. I'm surprised you ever had time to support all those AND support community rulesets as well. (I'm guessing I'm not the only one sleep deprived.)

Good solution to what I imagine is you getting overburdened with volunteer work.

dulux-oz
February 5th, 2018, 00:38
Good solution to what I imagine is you getting overburdened with volunteer work.

Thank you

Myrdin Potter
February 5th, 2018, 04:41
Let's see if I understand this right.

If I use the main rulesets released by smiteworks, keep right on using the current extension series.

If I use the DCC or the AD&D Core rulesets, which are based on the 5e ruleset, if a DOE extension breaks using them, then the solution is for the community developer to make them a child of your new ruleset (which I don't fully understand what that means as I don't write rulesets). If the extension works, then great but if it does not, you explicitly are not supporting it except for this new path if it does not work. Or are you going to check to see if the ruleset is on the list and make the extensions not work at all if they are not?

Not supporting every community ruleset under the sun makes perfect sense to me as it has to be a ton of work for you.

damned
February 5th, 2018, 05:16
At the moment you might have the DCC ruleset which includes code like this:
<importruleset source="CoreRPG" />

So it first loads up CoreRPG and then it loads up DCC which overwrites some CoreRPG code and then adds a stack of new code.

Instead of supporting DOE on top of DCC it will be supported under DCC... eg CoreRPG would load then DORCore would load and then DCC would load. Each one adding additional functionality.

This way the Man in Black would keep the DOEs working in DORCore and you would build on top of that.

I havent done any testing yet but most of what DORCore adds (Im about to be corrected) is:

The DOEs
The Universal Dice Roller
Some Right Hand Token Styles.

So it shouldnt break too many things...

The developer would change the code above to:

<importruleset source="DORCore" />

Myrdin Potter
February 5th, 2018, 05:21
DCC is layered on 5e. AD&D core is a rewritten version of 5e.

damned
February 5th, 2018, 05:26
DCC is layered on 5e. AD&D core is a rewritten version of 5e.

No and Yes.
They are both re-written from other rulesets and both are layered directly on CoreRPG.

This is from DCC -

damned
February 5th, 2018, 05:28
pathfinder is triple layered - CoreRPG, 3.5e, PFRPG
vodokars AD&D is triple layered - CoreRPG, CastlesAndCrusades, AD&D
everything else that Im aware of is a single or double layered right now...

dulux-oz
February 5th, 2018, 13:14

So it first loads up CoreRPG and then it loads up DCC which overwrites some CoreRPG code and then adds a stack of new code.

Instead of supporting DOE on top of DCC it will be supported under DCC... eg CoreRPG would load then DORCore would load and then DCC would load. Each one adding additional functionality.

This way the Man in Black would keep the DOEs working in DORCore and you would build on top of that.

I havent done any testing yet but most of what DORCore adds (Im about to be corrected) is:

The DOEs

<importruleset source="DORCore" />

Yeah, that's right

dberkompas
February 5th, 2018, 21:21
Test channel
DORCore 0.9.1
No extensions

Dropping dice (as GM) onto Tower:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:536: attempt to index local 'rRoll' (a nil value)

Dave

Trenloe
February 5th, 2018, 21:50
<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="CoreRPG" />
</importinfo>

The DOEs

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="DORCore" />
</importinfo>
The theory is right, but the tags are wrong. <importinfo> is used for determining which modules a ruleset can load, it does not determine the ruleset layering.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/importinfo.xcp

You save yourself a little, as in 2 posts down you get it right: <importruleset source="CoreRPG" /> ;)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/importruleset.xcp

damned
February 5th, 2018, 23:20
The theory is right, but the tags are wrong. <importinfo> is used for determining which modules a ruleset can load, it does not determine the ruleset layering.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/importinfo.xcp

You save yourself a little, as in 2 posts down you get it right: <importruleset source="CoreRPG" /> ;)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/importruleset.xcp

In my defense...
nah - I have no defense... just tired - I have edited my original post in case that is read and this correction is not!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 8th, 2018, 20:25
I liked the initiative to turn all your stuff into a ruleset, but the question is, can it be used in other rulesets?
Can you make the price column adjust to be all on one line?
And finally because some weights stay with many houses, would not it be possible to define in say 3 houses after the comma?

dulux-oz
February 9th, 2018, 01:53
I liked the initiative to turn all your stuff into a ruleset, but the question is, can it be used in other rulesets?
Can you make the price column adjust to be all on one line?
And finally because some weights stay with many houses, would not it be possible to define in say 3 houses after the comma?

Please don't double-post - these questions (apart from the first one) are DOE-specific and should be asked in the relevant DOE-Thread - which you did (and which I answered there).

To answer the first question (again :) ) - yes, provided the Ruleset Developer makes their Ruleset a child of the DORCore.

paladiusdarkhelm
February 13th, 2018, 13:26
To answer the first question (again :) ) - yes, provided the Ruleset Developer makes their Ruleset a child of the DORCore.

Hi, dulux-oz, I have a lot of info populated in a 5e campaign and a GURPS campaign, predominantly using the Location and Weather extensions from DOE if I remember right. Can I simply uncheck all the DOE extensions, load the 5e or GURPS campaigns up, and DORCore is included with the info input into that campaign? Or do I have to make a module or some such out of these campaigns, start new ones using DORCore as the ruleset and import the specific module?

Sorry, I tried understanding previous post.

Edit:. OK, reread and I guess I keep going with the DOE extensions with the 5e campaign (though I won't have access to the "upgrades" like the universal die roller). With the GURPS ruleset, ronnke would need to make GURPS a child of DORCore instead of CoreRPG. If he did, would the info I have populated in current DOE GURPS transfer/still be there for use, or would it all need to be redone?

Thank you dulux-oz.

dulux-oz
February 13th, 2018, 14:06
Hi, dulux-ox. I have a lot of info populated in a 5e campaign and a GURPS campaign, predominantly using the Location and Weather extensions from DOE if I remember right. Can I simply uncheck all the DOE extensions, load the 5e or GURPS campaigns up, and DORCore is included with the info input into that campaign? Or do I have to make a module or some such out of these campaigns, start new ones using DORCore as the ruleset and import the specific module?

Sorry, I tried understanding

You won't have to do anything with the 5E Campaign - use it exactly the same as before, with the DOEs (& NOT the DORCore), because the DOEs will still support the 5E Ruleset now and into the future - so no issue there. You can, of course, make up a module with the Location and Weather info (and any other info you like) to transfer that data from your existing 5E campaign to a new 5E campaign (now or in the future).

The GURPS campaign is similar - for the time being, you can use the GURPS Ruleset with the DOEs and everything will work as it did before. Again, if you want, you can make up a Module with the Location info, etc, to transfer it to another GURPS campaign.

However, at some stage in the future (around the middle of 2018) there will be released a version of the DOEs that will no-longer work with the GURPS Ruleset. When this happens all of the DOE-info will simply become unavailable in your GURPs Campaign (and any new GURPS campaigns will also NOT have access to the DOEs) but other than that your GURPS campaign will work AOK without any other changes.

If the GURPs-Community would like to continue to use the functionality provided by the DOEs after the DOEs are no-longer supported for the GURPs Ruleset, then the GURPs-Community should encourage the GURPs Ruleset Developer to port the GURPs Ruleset to use the DORCore Ruleset - I am happy to guide the GURPs Ruleset Developer in making this change. Obviously, the GURPS Ruleset Developer has until the middle of 2018 (or so) to do this. If this is done then any existing GURPs campaigns which have Location, Weather, etc, info in them will work exactly the same as now (as will any new GURPs campaigns).

Please note that, unless a Ruleset Developer specifically makes their Ruleset dependent upon the DORCore, the DORCore has no relationship to any existing Ruleset - except for the CoreRPG Ruleset, which the DORCore is dependent upon. This is like how the 3.5E Ruleset has no relation to the SavageWorlds Ruleset, except that both are dependent upon the CoreRPG Ruleset. You can think about this as if the CoreRPG Ruleset was the parent of both the 3.5E Ruleset and the SavageWorlds Ruleset, and the 3.5E Ruleset and the SavageWorld Ruleset are children of the CoreRPG Ruleset and "siblings" to each other. The new DORCore Ruleset is also a child of the CoreRPG parent and a sibling to both the 3.5E and Savage Worlds Rulesets. After the middle of 2018 the GURPs Ruleset should become a child of the DORCore Ruleset (if the GURPs Ruleset Developer wants this to happen).

Does that make sense? Do you (or anyone else) require further clarification - or have I made things a clear as mud? :)

paladiusdarkhelm
February 13th, 2018, 14:34
Got it; thank you for that! In summary, GURPS DOE-related info will work with DORCore without any GM adjustments if ronnke can make GURPS ruleset depend on DORCore. I'll start a thread over there and link to there for his awareness. Thanks again!

dulux-oz
February 13th, 2018, 14:38
Got it; thank you for that! In summary, GURPS DOE-related info will work with DORCore without any GM adjustments if ronnke can make GURPS ruleset depend on DORCore. I'll start a thread over there and link to there for his awareness. Thanks again!

Actually, he should already be aware - but it was a little while ago when I mentioned things to him, so it wouldn't surprise me if its slipped his mind: I know how hard he works :)

Cheers

Ikael
February 13th, 2018, 18:28
dulux-oz, from the developer point of view, in the current state of DORCore its very hard to see the big picture of layered ruleset because DORCore uses different file structure and naming conventions compared to CoreRPG. If possible, I would recommend setting up the CoreRPG overriding parts to structured and named the same way as CoreRPG.

For instance I use mass file differs such as kdiff3 to observe changes between different sources but without using the same approach you have little chance to see actual changes.

Also the ruleset overrides several ActionsManager functions (probably due to universal roller) which raises alarm bells on my end. What I learned while developing Savage Worlds ruleset to be CoreRPGed is that you don't want to do this. Would there be other way in which you could provide the feature you want to? In Savage Worlds case I avoid overriding CoreRPG as much as possible but something like Savage Worlds dice roll mechanics cannot be coped with CoreRPGs ActionsManager. The solution was to provided alternate for it that "runs" parallel to CoreRPG approach, ie. if you develop on top of Savage Worlds you can decide which mechanism you want to use.

With these changes it would easier to adapt to your ruleset!

dulux-oz
February 13th, 2018, 22:42
Actually, in truth, there isn't that much of the CoreRPG that is overridden - yes, there is some, and I understand your concern Ikael, which is why I plan to add the API documentation. Remember, also, that this is still technically a "Beta", so there's obviously room for improvement.

As far as the file structure is concerned - that mimics the DOEs, and allows me to pretty much drop any changes from the DOEs straight in and lets me keep both the DOEs and the DORCore "in sync".

Thanks for your input - I do appreciate it :)

Cheers

TriOpticon
February 19th, 2018, 06:32
A new Universal Die Roller (UDR) is included, accessible via the "/die" command and also programmatically for the Community Ruleset Devs. Every existing possible Die Roll from every published RPG is included (it is believed), including Exploding Dice, Pool Dice and a full suite of Dice Mathematics.Does that include the Modiphius 2d20 system? That would be awesome as I just started looking at the Star Trek Adventures RPG.

dulux-oz
February 19th, 2018, 06:36
Does that include the Modiphius 2d20 system? That would be awesome as I just started looking at the Star Trek Adventures RPG.

I'm unfamiliar with the Modiphius system in detail, but the UDR can handle 2d20 rolls with target numbers, so I don't envision any issues. Try it out, see if you can do what you want, and if not we may (probably) be able to show you how to do it (if you can't) or tweak things so that the UDR can handle it (if the issue is in the code).

damned
February 19th, 2018, 06:54
/conan 2d20x12y3 in MoreCore will roll 2d20 and count the number of rolls under 12 as successes and those under 3 as additional successes.

TriOpticon
February 19th, 2018, 09:41
Thanks, damned. That did work in MoreCore.

Dulux-Oz, I tried a simple die roll:
/die 2d20-t12
and I received this error:
Script Error: [string "Core/Scripts/lsDieManager.lua"]:420: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'i' (a nil value)

I downloaded the pak file just before my post (says v0.9.1). I had nothing else selected when I selected DORCore for either Manage Characters or New Campaign. Let me know if you need more info.

dulux-oz
February 19th, 2018, 10:48
Thanks, damned. That did work in MoreCore.

Dulux-Oz, I tried a simple die roll:
/die 2d20-t12
and I received this error:
Script Error: [string "Core/Scripts/lsDieManager.lua"]:420: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'i' (a nil value)

I downloaded the pak file just before my post (says v0.9.1). I had nothing else selected when I selected DORCore for either Manage Characters or New Campaign. Let me know if you need more info.

Drop the "-" from your Die Code ie 2d20t12 is what you want - and I'll fix the issue so the error doesn't crash the system :)

TriOpticon
February 19th, 2018, 20:04
Thanks.

Am I reading some of the die commands wrong under the Target Number section? I know that doesn't match 2d20 system but I was trying different things...

When I do /diecode-help one of the Target Number entries is
AdN-tB Roll A lots of N-sided dice and report a Success if the total <= B

Is that - not there or is it something else that my eyes can't discern? I see the same but with a + and it also gives the error.

seycyrus
February 19th, 2018, 23:56
Taking the alignment quiz ...

Script Error: [string "DOEAlignmentGraph/Scripts/lsAGManager.lua"]:247: getChild: Invalid argument

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2018, 00:20

Script Error: [string "DOEAlignmentGraph/Scripts/lsAGManager.lua"]:247: getChild: Invalid argument
That means you are Evil and unrepentant!

seycyrus
February 20th, 2018, 00:23
That means you are Evil and unrepentant!

And it also makes fun of my mental abilities - invalid!

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2018, 01:29
Thanks.

Am I reading some of the die commands wrong under the Target Number section? I know that doesn't match 2d20 system but I was trying different things...

When I do /diecode-help one of the Target Number entries is
AdN-tB Roll A lots of N-sided dice and report a Success if the total <= B

Is that - not there or is it something else that my eyes can't discern? I see the same but with a + and it also gives the error.

That might be a typo - let me check and I'll get back to you.

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2018, 01:29

I'll check it out - thanks for letting me know

seycyrus
February 20th, 2018, 01:48
Dulux-Oz,

Redirecting this from a question a a couple of months ago, in the GURPS forum. I think we lost (it was attributed to a core change), the ability to apply an effect to the current actor's target (shift + apply, I think). Will DORCore have that functionality?

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2018, 02:11
Dulux-Oz,

Redirecting this from a question a a couple of months ago, in the GURPS forum. I think we lost (it was attributed to a core change), the ability to apply an effect to the current actor's target (shift + apply, I think). Will DORCore have that functionality?

First I'm aware of it, so the honest answer is "I don't know". I'll have to look into things (with Ronnke's help) and then decide if its viable to include it (or Ronnke might find its worth putting it in GURPs) - so the best answer I can give right now is "maybe" and/or the previous "I don't know".

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2018, 04:59
Hi All,

A new version of the DORCore (v0.9.2) has just been placed on Post #1. This version fixes Issues #31, #47 and #52.

Issue #31 was around the Dice Tower.

Note that Issue #47 was not a typo and that the OP was correct - it was broken code (now fixed).

Issue #53 was a bug in the Alignment Graph - this has also been fixed in the DOE: Alignment Graph Extension.

Thanks to all for trying this out and helping to find those pesky bugs - I look forward to more Bug Reports and Suggestion as we move forward

Cheers

dulux-oz
February 23rd, 2018, 03:11
Hi All,

A new version of the DORCore (v0.9.3) has just been placed on Post #1. This version adds some graphic buttons/control to ivoke Exploding Dice, Pool Dice and Target Numbers.

As always, if people spot any issues/bugs and/or have any suggestions, please post here. :)

Cheers

mozmonar
February 25th, 2018, 00:32
Howdy. Doing some testing for the viability and advantages/disadvantages of moving my Shadow of the Demon Lord game from current MoreCore to DORCore. A couple questions have come up...

1. Is there any intention of including a Rolls feature similar to what is in MoreCore? If there is something comparable already can you point me to where it is located.

2. Banes and Boons rolls can be handled by the Universal Dice Roller AdNk I think is the roll for boons (Roll xd6 and keep the highest...banes xd6 and keep highest). These are then used to modify your d20 roll up or down by the amount of the highest die. MoreCore /bane and /boon rolls move the total to the Modifier Tool automatically. Is there a way to accomplish this with the Universal Die Roller?

3. The rolls section on NPCs accepts lines like "sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" and becomes a clickable roll. It doesn't seem to recognize diecode rolls "boons 2d6k; sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" Is this something it can do or will do in the future?

I realize this is still fairly early in development and still being worked on. Just trying to wrap my around it. Look very cool so far.

dulux-oz
February 25th, 2018, 01:06
Howdy. Doing some testing for the viability and advantages/disadvantages of moving my Shadow of the Demon Lord game from current MoreCore to DORCore.

Another (possible) option is instead of moving from MoreCore you could try to convince damned to make DORCore a parent Ruleset to MoreCore - that should give you (and everyone else) the best of both worlds.

A couple questions have come up...

1. Is there any intention of including a Rolls feature similar to what is in MoreCore? If there is something comparable already can you point me to where it is located.

Not quite sure what you're asking here. I you are talking about Manual Dice Rolling that can then be entered into FG, then that's functionality that exists in the CoreRPG and so is also avalible in DORCore, MoreCore and all the other Rulesets that are based on CoreRPG. If you are talking about something else, then I'll need some further clarification, please.

2. Banes and Boons rolls can be handled by the Universal Dice Roller AdNk I think is the roll for boons (Roll xd6 and keep the highest...banes xd6 and keep highest). These are then used to modify your d20 roll up or down by the amount of the highest die. MoreCore /bane and /boon rolls move the total to the Modifier Tool automatically. Is there a way to accomplish this with the Universal Die Roller?

Yes, a "/die Ad6k" slash command will roll "A" lots of "d6" and keep the highest (also available to be done via graphical controls on the desktop - comming Soon(TM) ). Moving these automatically to the ModStack (or anywhere else, for that matter) is not yet able to be done, but there are a couple of use-cases for this functionality so I am looking into it. How soon? Unknown at this time.

3. The rolls section on NPCs accepts lines like "sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" and becomes a clickable roll. It doesn't seem to recognize diecode rolls "boons 2d6k; sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" Is this something it can do or will do in the future?

No, the string parser (or string-reader, if you prefer) that turns those strings into a die-roll doesn't yet call on the extended string-parser that implements all the extra die-codes introduced in DORCore. It is something that I plan to do, but I've got to get the "basic" die-codes and graphic rolls sorted properly first, then I can include the extra. So, at the moment, no, but sometime in the future - well, yes, because my own Rulesets need the functionality :)

I realize this is still fairly early in development and still being worked on. Just trying to wrap my around it. Look very cool so far.

Thank you - one of the reasons I pushed it out whjile it was still a beta-product was to get some useful feedback on what people wanted to do / to see in their games and in their Rulesets - so thanks.

As a side note / explanation / clarification: The issue I had with the MoreCore dice handling functions was that each specific dice-mechanic ended up with its own dice-handling function (or, at least, that's how it seems to work from looking at the code). The approach I took with the DORCore was to come up with a way to have a single function (well, actually, a single set of interrelated functions - good coding practice :) ) to do the work for all of the possible dice-mechanics. I "pushed" all the dice-code "down" and made it "generic" in the same way that the CoreRPG does for most of the various RPGs out there - thus making it easy for others to build upon DORCore (including myself for other Rulesets) and gain the functionality in DORCore for their own Rulesets (the UDR, the DOE-functionality and others). Now, obviously, while I've covered most of the dice-mechanics, there are still a few out there that still need to be worked on.

On the other-hand, how MoreCore handles the different Character Sheets, etc, is a great idea, and I believe that damned has done a great job - so much so that I'd be reluctant to move an existing game from MoreCore to DORCore - and why I said above about convincing damned to make MoreCorea child-Ruleset of DORCore - and why I encourage other Community Devs to do the same thing.

In short, I don't see DORCore and MoreCore as being in competition with each other, but instead in complimenting each other (if MoreCore chooses to done that way)

So I hope that answers all your questions. If not, then ask away :)

Cheers

mozmonar
February 25th, 2018, 01:22
Yeah I think ideally a MoreCore/DORCore fusion would work best for until (hopefully) I can or someone else more able creates a more specific SotDL ruleset.

I am at work and unable to fire up FG to screenshot anything...but basically MoreCore has a Rolls side button that lets you define Rolls with a name, a diecode, and a field for information. I use this for putting Ancestries, Talents, Spells, Paths, etc. If this still makes no sense I will have to respond later when I have access to my PC.

I kind of figured the other things I asked about were not implemented. But I wanted to a) make sure of that and b) make you aware of the desire for them if you weren't already.

Thanks,
Hans

chumbly
February 25th, 2018, 02:34
As a side note / explanation / clarification: The issue I had with the MoreCore dice handling functions was that each specific dice-mechanic ended up with its own dice-handling function (or, at least, that's how it seems to work from looking at the code). The approach I took with the DORCore was to come up with a way to have a single function (well, actually, a single set of interrelated functions - good coding practice :) ) to do the work for all of the possible dice-mechanics. I "pushed" all the dice-code "down" and made it "generic" in the same way that the CoreRPG does for most of the various RPGs out there - thus making it easy for others to build upon DORCore (including myself for other Rulesets) and gain the functionality in DORCore for their own Rulesets (the UDR, the DOE-functionality and others). Now, obviously, while I've covered most of the dice-mechanics, there are still a few out there that still need to be worked on.

For Ubiquity style games, you need a math operator call to an odd/even function so that success can be determined on a die based on its odd or even status.. Its weird die mechanic..
but it is used that way in not only Exile Games(Ubiquity) Hollow Earth game but also Clockwork Publishing's Space 1889 game.

Thanks for everything that you do...

mozmonar
February 25th, 2018, 21:41
Not quite sure what you're asking here. I you are talking about Manual Dice Rolling that can then be entered into FG, then that's functionality that exists in the CoreRPG and so is also avalible in DORCore, MoreCore and all the other Rulesets that are based on CoreRPG. If you are talking about something else, then I'll need some further clarification, please.

So this is what I was talking about. In this example there is no diecode associated because it is just information. But you can create die rolls with that too and then drop the links on things. Something like this may exist already in DORCore (or CoreRPG for that matter) and I am just unaware of it.

dulux-oz
February 27th, 2018, 09:29
So this is what I was talking about. In this example there is no diecode associated because it is just information. But you can create die rolls with that too and then drop the links on things. Something like this may exist already in DORCore (or CoreRPG for that matter) and I am just unaware of it.

At the moment, no. Whether it'll go in or not is a decision that has yet to be made.

dulux-oz
February 27th, 2018, 09:32
Hi All,

A new version of the DORCore (v0.9.4) has just been placed on Post #1. This version adds some graphic buttons/control to invoke Kept Dice and Degree Of Success / Raises.

As always, if people spot any issues/bugs and/or have any suggestions, please post here.

Cheers

Gallant
March 2nd, 2018, 23:22
Absolutely outstanding work you've done here. I just downloaded the most recent copy, and can see it shaping up to be a solid foundation for any future ruleset if you continue in this direction (at least from my humble opinion). The idea to integrate your plugins into one suite was perhaps one of the easiest methods I can think of supporting and distributing them on the whole, and want to thank you for that.

Do you have any goals for your Universal Dice Roller? Will it be developing from here, or support Roll20-esque syntax to potentially attract more users over to FG?
Reference Material for Roll20 Dice (https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference)

You've done some outstanding work here! Keep up the great work. If I run into a bug I'll happily place it up here.
Thank you again for all of your contributions.

LordEntrails
March 3rd, 2018, 00:31
Welcome to the forums Gallant :)

That's a nice reference too.

Bidmaron
March 3rd, 2018, 00:53
Yes, welcome! I agree he's done great work.

dulux-oz
March 3rd, 2018, 01:01
Absolutely outstanding work you've done here. I just downloaded the most recent copy, and can see it shaping up to be a solid foundation for any future ruleset if you continue in this direction (at least from my humble opinion). The idea to integrate your plugins into one suite was perhaps one of the easiest methods I can think of supporting and distributing them on the whole, and want to thank you for that.

Do you have any goals for your Universal Dice Roller? Will it be developing from here, or support Roll20-esque syntax to potentially attract more users over to FG?
Reference Material for Roll20 Dice (https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference)

You've done some outstanding work here! Keep up the great work. If I run into a bug I'll happily place it up here.
Thank you again for all of your contributions.

Thanks for that - and thanks for the link.

I might actually change some of the die code flags (ie from "t" for target number to ">" and "<" - makes more intuitive sense - I don't know why I didn't think of that in the 1st place).

For the record (& not having gne through the relevant wiki page in detail, but only skimmed it) I beleive that just about all of those rolls can be handled by the UDR now - one or two are missing, and the die-code syntax is different, but the mechanic should be there already (for most of them).

I need to do some more in-depth reading when I've got some spare time.

DrakosDJ
March 11th, 2018, 05:56
Ok, how do you tell it to roll a group of dice vs a difficulty number and count the number of successes as well as exploding on highest?

so roll 5d10 vs an 8 difficulty and explode on 10-> 5, 3, 8, 10, 4, 9 (from the 10 explode) -> 3 successes.

Also, is ther a way to subtract successes for dice that roll < a target number.

dulux-oz
March 11th, 2018, 06:07
Ok, how do you tell it to roll a group of dice vs a difficulty number and count the number of successes as well as exploding on highest?

so roll 5d10 vs an 8 difficulty and explode on 10-> 5, 3, 8, 10, 4, 9 (from the 10 explode) -> 3 successes.

Also, is ther a way to subtract successes for dice that roll < a target number.

/die 5d10!t8s

No, it can't subtract successes - yet - but if you can give me a detailed explaination with a couple of examples I can code it to do it.

DrakosDJ
March 12th, 2018, 04:54
/die 5d10!t8s

No, it can't subtract successes - yet - but if you can give me a detailed explaination with a couple of examples I can code it to do it.

Well that shouldn't be too hard: The basic process is the same as the roll AdN vs. a specific difficulty, lets say like the roll you detail above. The one difference is that after you calculate successes, you then count up the number of dice that rolled a 1 and subtract one success for each. if you end up with 0 successes then you fail, a negative number of successes is a botch (something bad happens). so for example on the 5d10 roll above if you got: 1, 5 7 8 , 2 -> 1 success (for the 8) -> -1 success (for the 1) = failed roll. If fir example you rolled 1,5,8,1,3, then that is 1 success - 2 successes becomes a botch. Fiinally; if you rolled 4, 1, 8, 2, 10, 4(explosion) you have 2 successes - 1 success = 1 success.

Mithalwulf
March 19th, 2018, 16:38
Hi All, I'm playing with DORCore...I see the Dicehalp command, but cannot get this command to work, despite trying several variations: "AdN! - Roll A lots of N-sided dice and explode each die on the highest possible result" What do I type into the chat window? For example, I want to roll 2d6 or 3d6 and explode all sixes.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2018, 16:55
Hi All, I'm playing with DORCore...I see the Dicehalp command, but cannot get this command to work, despite trying several variations: "AdN! - Roll A lots of N-sided dice and explode each die on the highest possible result" What do I type into the chat window? For example, I want to roll 2d6 or 3d6 and explode all sixes.
Any dice rolling works as part of the "Universal Die Roller" as mentioned in post #1.

So, you should type in the chat window: /die 2d6! for example.

Mithalwulf
March 19th, 2018, 17:04
Okay! Got it! Thanks, Trenloe! Next question: In MoreCore, they have a d10 percentile option, which rolls the tens digit and the ones digit (when you right-click on the d10). Does DORCore have that ability built in?

Trenloe
March 19th, 2018, 17:39
Okay! Got it! Thanks, Trenloe! Next question: In MoreCore, they have a d10 percentile option, which rolls the tens digit and the ones digit (when you right-click on the d10). Does DORCore have that ability built in?
Yes it does - via the d10 -> Custom -> % option. Although there seems to be an issue with it in this release - it raises an error.

You can also use /die 1d100

dulux-oz
March 20th, 2018, 02:34
Thanks Tren - my typing ability is restricted at the moment (surgery on my arm) so thanks for jumping in with the answers :)

Gallant
March 27th, 2018, 06:43
Apologies for the much-delayed response, I've been held up by real life.

My thanks for the welcome, and continued gratitude for all you do on this project.

Per chance in regards to syntax on the dice and other modules, will we have the option of customising them via an option (limitedly), or enabling/disabling the modules we do/do not need?
I imagine this would be likely quite difficult to do (if not impossible with Fantasy Ground's current setup), given that the ruleset I suspect needs to be distributed to our players, once implemented?

I greatly look forward to seeing upcoming progress and wish you the best of a speedy and painless healing.

dulux-oz
March 27th, 2018, 07:24
Apologies for the much-delayed response, I've been held up by real life.

My thanks for the welcome, and continued gratitude for all you do on this project.

Per chance in regards to syntax on the dice and other modules, will we have the option of customising them via an option (limitedly), or enabling/disabling the modules we do/do not need?
I imagine this would be likely quite difficult to do (if not impossible with Fantasy Ground's current setup), given that the ruleset I suspect needs to be distributed to our players, once implemented?

I greatly look forward to seeing upcoming progress and wish you the best of a speedy and painless healing.

Thankyou (re: the healing) :)

Why would you want to disable some of the DOE-like functionality - why not simply ignore them, and if you don't want their buttons to appear on the Menubar, why dont you use the standard FG Librabry Button functionality to turn off their display (which works for the large buttons, but not the small buttons - yet)?

What kind of options/customizing of the UDR (& other DOE-like functionality) were you thinking about?

Gallant
March 27th, 2018, 22:45
That is a fair point, and thank you for illuminating that. I hadn't considered that, given the lateness I had written that in, and was not entirely coherent. For that I apologise. I personally could ignore them, however was mainly wondering if my players too would see them -- I wouldn't want them to get confused if we didn't use one of the modules (I'm not saying we would or wouldn't).

As for options on the UDR, perhaps giving an option to toggle between R20 syntax (to attract new people to Fantasy Grounds, by potentially eliminating one of the major differences) and the syntax you have presently. Alternatively (or optionally) may as another idea consider a /roll command, if you haven't to go in sync with the /die command, as an alias.

These are in no way "you should do these", my sincere apologies if they ever came off that way. Merely suggestions to bolster an already outstanding effort. In truth, from what I can see you may well be setting a new precedent here -- something that many Fantasy Grounds extension creators can learn or grow from building on top of. Thank you for that.

damned
March 27th, 2018, 23:07
That is a fair point, and thank you for illuminating that. I hadn't considered that, given the lateness I had written that in, and was not entirely coherent. For that I apologise. I personally could ignore them, however was mainly wondering if my players too would see them -- I wouldn't want them to get confused if we didn't use one of the modules (I'm not saying we would or wouldn't).

As for options on the UDR, perhaps giving an option to toggle between R20 syntax (to attract new people to Fantasy Grounds, by potentially eliminating one of the major differences) and the syntax you have presently. Alternatively (or optionally) may as another idea consider a /roll command, if you haven't to go in sync with the /die command, as an alias.

These are in no way "you should do these", my sincere apologies if they ever came off that way. Merely suggestions to bolster an already outstanding effort. In truth, from what I can see you may well be setting a new precedent here -- something that many Fantasy Grounds extension creators can learn or grow from building on top of. Thank you for that.

apologies posting on wrong thread! doh!

dulux-oz
March 28th, 2018, 03:03

No offence taken :)

I'm actually going to re-work the diecodes to more closely match the Roll20 ones in a future release, and I like the idea of /roll being an alias for /die - so thank you for that idea.

I think the esiet thing to do re: your players is turn off the buttons from displaying - just like we do now for those systems we don't use in our existing games. :)

Mithalwulf
April 23rd, 2018, 17:25
Hi Dulux-Oz, any fix coming for the right-click tens die to access percentile dice?

dulux-oz
April 23rd, 2018, 17:45
Hi Dulux-Oz, any fix coming for the right-click tens die to access percentile dice?

All sorts of fixes / improvements / whatevers coming - I've just got to get over the surgery on my arm which has slowed down the use of my hand (hard to type one-handed - try it :) )

Bonkon
April 23rd, 2018, 19:14
All sorts of fixes / improvements / whatevers coming - I've just got to get over the surgery on my arm which has slowed down the use of my hand (hard to type one-handed - try it :) )

Good Day Dulux :)
Here is wishing you a fast and full recovery from your surgery :)

Stx11
May 6th, 2018, 01:43
Thanks Oz for all your hard work on this!

Jedrious
May 25th, 2018, 02:04
Hey, Dulux-oz, how is the recovery coming?

dulux-oz
May 25th, 2018, 03:17
Hey, Dulux-oz, how is the recovery coming?

Yeah, pretty good thanks - I've got a new DOE almost ready for release (it won't be part of the DORCore, for reasons which will be self-evident), so the arm's getting better. I estimate it (ie the hand) is back up to about 95% functionality, which means my productivity is back up - still there's a few ongoing things which I have to work through over the coming weeks, months and possibly years.

Erin Righ
June 23rd, 2018, 00:17

Do it all the time, what you need is a Dvorak right (or left) handed keyboard

damned
June 23rd, 2018, 00:33
I used to type onehanded - well I didnt realise I was until I broke my right hand and discovered that all I used the left for was the shift key and occasionally the A key.
Now Im a bit better but my right hand still travels a little far to the left....

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2019, 23:55
Script Error when creating a new PC.

Script Error: [string "list_iedit"]:1: attempt to index field 'list_iimport' (a nil value)
DORCore 0.9.4
CoreRPG 3.3.8
No Extensions

To reproduce;
- create new DORCore Campaign
- open PC window
- click "edit list" icon

dulux-oz
August 21st, 2019, 04:04
Script Error when creating a new PC.
DORCore 0.9.4
CoreRPG 3.3.8
No Extensions

To reproduce;
- create new DORCore Campaign
- open PC window
- click "edit list" icon

Thanks - I think its the double "i" in "list_iimport" (ie a typo) - I'll get it fixed asap

NickT
May 20th, 2020, 13:47
Hi, does the DORCore ruleset still exist and if so where can I find a copy? I am looking to play Paranoia and having found a Paranoia Extension that uses it, but I cannot find the DORCore ruleset. I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction, or tell me I am wasting my time looking. Many thanks for you help :)

jab112
May 20th, 2020, 15:37
Dulux-Oz is no longer part of the community and has pulled all his extension.

NickT
May 20th, 2020, 16:09
OK thanks for telling me, there is obviously a story behind that, but I won't enquire:)