PDA

View Full Version : LFG - UK GMT/UTC 25yr Player

Griff922
February 1st, 2018, 19:14
Hey i am a 25 year old looking to find a solid, long term DnD group to play with. I have played alot of Pathfinder and other games but never really played much DnD and i really want to get into a 5e game.

I like a mix of both roleplay and combat but i'm really hoping to try and develop my roleplaying more and more and hopefully make some friends in the mix.

I only got fantasy ground recently but i have alot of the 5e modules and i am learning to use fantasy grounds with the FG college.

Availability: Unfortunatly, like everyone else i work mon-friday 9-5GMT i am free anytime after then and free most weekends.

Regards,
Thomas

Griff922
February 11th, 2018, 17:31
Still looking

Liquidstate
February 11th, 2018, 22:06
Hi Thomas
UK DM here, currently running curse of strahd at the moment but always looking to game with new players.
Cant never have too many online friends to game with.

If i have enough interest i can start the Mines of Phendelver which is the 5e starter box if you fancied that

David

Griff922
February 12th, 2018, 16:17
Yeah sounds good to me

Taidan
February 12th, 2018, 17:46
If there's space for a complete neophyte, I wouldn't mind jumping in on this. (Depending on time and date, of course.)

I used to play a bit of Basic D&D with friends as a 12-year-old, and after picking up a copy of the Player's Handbook and a few other books last year, have decided it's time to jump in with both feet and learn how to play properly.

I haven't actually bought a license for Fantasy Grounds yet, but I do have the demo installed, and I'm happy to buy a registered copy of the game as and when I'm going to actually use it.

Let me know,
Other Dave.

Liquidstate
February 12th, 2018, 17:49
Its on sale at the moment by the way for the standard version

Liquidstate
February 12th, 2018, 17:55
Whats your Timezone Taidan?

Taidan
February 12th, 2018, 18:03
GMT. UK player, Preferably available after 8pm, but could make adjustments given some notice.

Thanks for the tip on the sale, btw, I hadn't noticed. I've just purchased a copy for myself now.

Liquidstate
February 12th, 2018, 18:22
not sure the group im running an adventure with so far would jump on Mines of Phandelver but 2 or 3 more players and we can set it up

Liquidstate
February 12th, 2018, 18:45
I could for instance set a game up for say Sunday or Monday night about half 7 or 8pm

Taidan
February 12th, 2018, 19:19
Sunday at those times would be excellent for me.

Liquidstate
February 14th, 2018, 07:45
ok cool..
What about you Griff922 as your the Original Poster (not trying to hijack your post or anything)

Urusmith
February 17th, 2018, 22:40
I am really keen on joining a new group if you guys still have space but would only be free at weekends. I DM a game for a few of my friends so a pretty confident as far as rules go but haven't had the chance to actually play yet. No worries if you are all sorted.

Liquidstate
February 17th, 2018, 23:53
Im happy to DM a game if you guys want. i was waiting on Griff922 who posted this

Taidan
February 18th, 2018, 08:21
So as to avoid hijacking the original post, I might leave it a couple of days to give Griff922 a chance to see this and reply, and then start up a new LFG thread, unless anybody else wants to rush in and do it first. :bandit:

Liquidstate
February 18th, 2018, 10:36
I will start one with the times etc

Tbsmicro
February 18th, 2018, 20:58
id be interested, i'm in UK and relative newbie, know my way round fantasy grounds just about but still trying to get head round 5e rules, used to play AD&D back in the day!

Reeve
February 19th, 2018, 15:03
Hi!
If there's room for more players, I'd love to join up.

I'm an 36 years old norwegian (GMT+1) male, and been playing D&D on and off for most of my life (mostly off too be honest). So done the first edition, 2nd edition, 3rd, Pathfinder, and 4th edition. I haven't played for some years now, but would like to get back into the game with 5e. I haven't been too heavy into the role play element before, more combat oriented, but I find the role playing fun too. As for classes I enjoy most of them, except Monk perhaps.

Henric
February 20th, 2018, 22:06
41 yo Swede here also looking for a group in a European time zone (I'm GMT +1). Know my way around FG, still new in terms of play experience but have played quite a bit of tabletop RPG's back in the day. Up to date with the theoretical side of the rules and prepping for being DM for a few friends in a couple of weeks but would love to get some experience as a player under my belt.

Taidan
February 21st, 2018, 09:39
Well, it looks like we have a DM and 5 or 6 interested players! Everybody keep your eyes peeled for Liquid's post.

Liquidstate
February 21st, 2018, 15:11
Lol or we could just organise it from this post if original poster wants me to.
Or I can pm you guys with details

Taidan
February 22nd, 2018, 10:08
That sounds good, I'll be ready to go as of this Sunday, if everybody else is available.

I am new to this, how much preparation will I need to do? I've pre-generated a couple of characters (a Cleric and a Fighter) on paper, using my PHB and the standard array of ability scores, will they be needed, or do we do it all from scratch in the client? I can't actually build them in Fantasy Grounds, as I don't own the FG PHB yet. I've watched a few YouTube videos on how Fantasy Grounds works, and I think I've got the basics, but I'm not "completely fluent" yet, is there anything else I really need to know?

Liquidstate
February 22nd, 2018, 12:32
Thats fine dont worry too much, you just need discord for comms and a mic.
you can use your pre gen ones or use the pre gen one that come with the adventure.

Liquidstate
February 24th, 2018, 17:21
Did you guys want me to start a game tomorrow night?

Taidan
February 24th, 2018, 19:54
I'm in. It might be worth sending out some PMs to the others that have shown interest, they may not have time to see this thread before then.

Henric
February 24th, 2018, 20:56
If I'm in consideration, Sunday is no good for unfortunately. :( Tuesday, possible Wednesday, Friday and next Sunday should be good.

Taidan
February 24th, 2018, 22:09
I'm happy enough to skip this Sunday if it means we can get a decent sized group together, and can also make Wednesday and Friday evening this week.

Liquidstate
March 3rd, 2018, 18:38
Hi Guys

Im out all day tomorrow so will let you all know when i can set the game up

Liquidstate
March 8th, 2018, 18:45
So i can do this sunday, tues and wed night about 7.
so whats best for everyone?

Reeve
March 8th, 2018, 19:12
I can do this Sunday if theres still room for a player, and probably tues and wed too.

Liquidstate
March 9th, 2018, 08:18
i will pencil in for this sunday night at 7pm GMT then

Reeve
March 9th, 2018, 16:20
Cool!

Lvl 1 characters? Any preferred classes?

I'll get familiar with FG tonight then and create some characters

Liquidstate
March 10th, 2018, 12:10
yes level 1 and no not really.
There are pre generated ones for those that would rather use those

jync
March 10th, 2018, 16:51
hi, I would like to play if there is a spot tomorrow night. I am in the UK. I am new to role playing but I am will to play whatever the group needs.

Reeve
March 10th, 2018, 18:52
Cool, I've made a Warlock, Rogue and Fighter using point point (27 points). For the fighter i used the DMG Eladrin, otherwise its all PHB.
Will make some sort of healer as well in case its needed, Paladin or Cleric.

Liquidstate
March 11th, 2018, 17:24
ok cool PM me who want to play and i will send you connection details

Liquidstate
March 15th, 2018, 14:51
Does anyone want me to setup to play this sunday 18th?