PDA

View Full Version : Autosizing tokens

Trancekat
January 31st, 2018, 21:59
Hi All,
I recently saw that this: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40925 was completed!! (yay, and thank you)

How do I take advantage of this feature, please?

I downloaded a set of spell effects that look great, but I have to resize them every time. Is there a way I can have them auto-resize per the above feature?

Thank you.

Zacchaeus
January 31st, 2018, 22:22
Em, autoscale tokens to grid has been around for quite some years now. You can see the date on that post in idea informer.

Token size is determined by the NPC to which the token is assigned to; so a medium token will take up 1 grid square; a large one will take up 4 etc.

Since the tokens provided by the spell effects are not assigned to an NPC FG doesn't know what size they aught to be; so you'll have to scale them manually.

Trancekat
February 1st, 2018, 00:24
Em, autoscale tokens to grid has been around for quite some years now. You can see the date on that post in idea informer.

Token size is determined by the NPC to which the token is assigned to; so a medium token will take up 1 grid square; a large one will take up 4 etc.

Since the tokens provided by the spell effects are not assigned to an NPC FG doesn't know what size they aught to be; so you'll have to scale them manually.

Ahh.. understood. Could i get the same effect by creating an NPC for each spell effect and set their sizes?

Other than medium, large, huge, and gargantuan, what other sizes are there that are larger than small, please?

Some spells have a 30 foot radius.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2018, 00:35
You could allocate them to NPCs. Gargantuan is the biggest size (at least in 5e) so that isn’t going to be big enough I don’t think but it should cover quite a few of them. You might find it easier to use them with the enhanced layers extension.

Trancekat
February 1st, 2018, 00:38
You could allocate them to NPCs. Gargantuan is the biggest size (at least in 5e) so that isn’t going to be big enough I don’t think but it should cover quite a few of them. You might find it easier to use them with the enhanced layers extension.

Yes, i use that extension now-it's very useful, thank you. Guess i have a feature request then. Add size to non npc tokens and scale past gargantuan

Appreciate the responses and help.

LordEntrails
February 1st, 2018, 03:11
Their might already be something on the wishlist for this. It's been discussed before. But if you don't find it, add :)

Nickademus
February 1st, 2018, 04:57
Why not just resize the spell effect tokens to be the proper number of pixels for your maps (assuming you use a standard number of pixels for a grid)?

damned
February 1st, 2018, 11:09
Its not fully tested... it has limited use cases... I may not have any desire to maintain it... but try out this extension.

It will accept 4 new sizes very imaginatively called Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten...

5E - Additional NPC Sizes

Trancekat
February 1st, 2018, 20:22
Their might already be something on the wishlist for this. It's been discussed before. But if you don't find it, add :)

Done and done, good sir. I didn't find an existing request so I added a new one: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=116331

Trancekat
February 1st, 2018, 20:23
Why not just resize the spell effect tokens to be the proper number of pixels for your maps (assuming you use a standard number of pixels for a grid)?

I change my map size frequently while playing; with multiple effects in play at once, it would be bring the game to a crawl.

Trancekat
February 1st, 2018, 20:24
Its not fully tested... it has limited use cases... I may not have any desire to maintain it... but try out this extension.

It will accept 4 new sizes very imaginatively called Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten...

5E - Additional NPC Sizes

Ooo! Thank you - trying it out now.