PDA

View Full Version : One license, two computers

Graylock
January 30th, 2018, 02:08
I've had an Ultimate license for several years and have run my game from only one computer thats set up in a gaming room. I have another computer, in a more comfortable location, that I'd like to use to read through the numerous modules and books I've purchased and to edit my campaign. Both computers are Macs. I installed FG using Wine on computer one (gaming room computer) and used Steam to install on the second computer. I just want to view content and edit/create campaign material on this second computer, not host a game from it. Here's my questions:

1) Can I use my ultimate license code on this second computer without compromising the data or violating my license agreement on the computer I use to run the game?

2) Will all my purchased content (core books, modules, supplements) be available to view on this second computer? Will all my created content be there?

3) If I edit my story or create a new NPC/encounter on the second computer will it be saved and viewable on the first gaming computer?

4) If not, how do I go about getting these new edits to my gaming computer?

From what I see, this process seems to be pretty cumbersome. Maybe I'm missing something that integrates this process, which I suspect is a common situation for many FG users.

Thanks in advance.

dberkompas
January 30th, 2018, 02:15
None of your data is stored in the Cloud, it's all local.

In order to get edits to the other computer, I suggest you copy the campaign data to a thumb drive.

I guess you could use Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon cloud, but I haven't tried that.

Dave

Trenloe
January 30th, 2018, 02:32
In order to get edits to the other computer, I suggest you copy the campaign data to a thumb drive.

I guess you could use Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon cloud, but I haven't tried that.
All transfers of FG campaign data must be manual. Do not use active sync from cloud apps like Dropbox, etc.. FG's campaign data is constantly being updated during a game, and many people have reported data corruption when using active sync apps on the live FG data. Don't do it - sooner or later you will have issues, or you may lose data without even knowing it!

LordEntrails
January 30th, 2018, 02:53
1) Yes, one user, two computers is fine.
2) a) Yes b) No, your created content has to be moved manually as indicated by others.
3) No
4) Copy your Campaign folder from your FG Data folder from one computer to the other.