PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Ruleset Official Products bug Reports

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ddavison
January 30th, 2018, 00:27
Please add any items here that you find for any official content.

The initial releases will include the Ruleset and Core Rulebook along with add-ons for the Alien Archive, Dead Suns AP1, Dead Suns AP 2, Dead Suns AP3.

Known Issues at release or prior to release:

Ruleset: Starship functionality is not 100% complete. This will change as we go and will include an additional combat tracker and other functionality. Will be added in Version 1.1.
Alien Archive - still working on tokens. Dragons are missing and need the various templates for each. Adding Weapons, Armor and Magic Items. This may go Early Access or may hold until complete.
Dead Suns - Starships need to be added. These should be added in a basic form for version 1.0 and will be updated again for version 1.1 compatibility.

Azaran
January 30th, 2018, 19:49
Please add any items here that you find for any official content.

The initial releases will include the Ruleset and Core Rulebook along with add-ons for the Alien Archive, Dead Suns AP1, Dead Suns AP 2, Dead Suns AP3.

Known Issues at release or prior to release:

Ruleset: Starship functionality is not 100% complete. This will change as we go and will include an additional combat tracker and other functionality. Will be added in Version 1.1.
Alien Archive - still working on tokens. Dragons are missing and need the various templates for each. Adding Weapons, Armor and Magic Items. This may go Early Access or may hold until complete.
Dead Suns - Starships need to be added. These should be added in a basic form for version 1.0 and will be updated again for version 1.1 compatibility.

Wow that means it's about to drop on the store?

Awesome stuff Doug :)

ddavison
January 30th, 2018, 20:40
Wow that means it's about to drop on the store?

Awesome stuff Doug :)

It's being submitted to Paizo for review. It's a big module with lots of stuff, so we don't have a hard timeline for how quickly it will be approved - or if there will be any required fixes and updates from that review. In the past, they've been pretty quick.

merkvah
January 31st, 2018, 02:42
@DDavison Thank you so much for all your hard work on these. I'm eager to pick up all of them as soon as they are live!

ddavison
January 31st, 2018, 15:22
Thankfully, most of the hard work is being done by the amazing team of people below:

Zeph Ponos (Zeus)
Russell Campbell (Samarex)
Danny Stratton
James Holloway (Lokiare)
John (Moon Wizard) and me for some support.

merkvah
January 31st, 2018, 23:01
Thankfully, most of the hard work is being done by the amazing team of people below:

Zeph Ponos (Zeus)
Russell Campbell (Samarex)
Danny Stratton
James Holloway (Lokiare)
John (Moon Wizard) and me for some support.

Much love to you all. I can't wait to enjoy the fruits of your labors!

chillybilly
February 1st, 2018, 00:57
Exciting. Can't wait for it. How soon for the AP to be translated?

ErrantElminster
February 1st, 2018, 21:00
Will it be a discount for the whole bundle? Thank you

merkvah
February 1st, 2018, 21:35
Will it be a discount for the whole bundle? Thank you

That would be awesome. I'd buy the whole bundle at once if there were!

Salz78
February 1st, 2018, 22:20
Can’t wait!

pauljmendoza
February 2nd, 2018, 20:24
Very excited here :) Thank you guys for all your work!

ddavison
February 6th, 2018, 04:15
Update: The first reviews are back and we have a few items to fix up still. Some "items" are actually multiple items of the same type, but all-in-all, it's a manageable list.

Octavious
February 6th, 2018, 08:29
Sweet ! wont be long now ..

merkvah
February 6th, 2018, 18:14
Thanks for the update. =) I've been checking here every day looking for news. Really very eager to get started!

Renderance
February 6th, 2018, 19:51
Thanks for the update. =) I've been checking here every day looking for news. Really very eager to get started!

Pretty sure that's all of us.

Gwaihir Scout
February 7th, 2018, 04:06
Pretty much.

Samarex
February 8th, 2018, 09:51
Much love to you all. I can't wait to enjoy the fruits of your labors!

It has been a lot it fun working on this project. Hope to do more in the future.
Samarex

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 01:12
Starfinder was just approved and is now available in the store. Please sync and make sure your Paizo purchases again and make sure your discounts are correct before checkout if you already own any of the PDFs already.

Gwaihir Scout
February 10th, 2018, 01:32
Woohoo!

My account seemed to sync correctly (I double checked and PZO7101E was listed, which should be the SF CRB), but no discount appeared at any point short of confirming on PayPal.

Edit: seems to be working, just took a bit to work.

Edit 2: Yep, everything's working.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 01:40
I missed a few steps. Discounts should now be showing properly.

Gwaihir Scout
February 10th, 2018, 01:57
Thanks. Everything looks great.

I am getting errors when opening items from the Dead Suns books. Every item has one of these, usually price:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (price) in windowclass (item_main)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (hands) in windowclass (item_main)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (capacity) in windowclass (item_main)

pauljmendoza
February 10th, 2018, 02:16
YYEeeeeessss!!!

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 02:47
Thanks. Everything looks great.

I am getting errors when opening items from the Dead Suns books. Every item has one of these, usually price:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (price) in windowclass (item_main)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (hands) in windowclass (item_main)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (capacity) in windowclass (item_main)

We will get that patched ASAP -- probably tomorrow

ianmward
February 10th, 2018, 04:01
Hi guys, looks GREAT! Well Done.

I'm getting errors opening a new PC Ship record:

Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_lifesupport_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_lifesupport_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_lifesupport_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_lifesupport_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_sensors_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_sensors_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_sensors_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_sensors_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_weapons_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_weapons_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_weapons_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_weapons_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_engines_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_engines_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_engines_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_engines_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_powercore_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_powercore_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_powercore_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_powercore_wreck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)

Salz78
February 10th, 2018, 04:06
I added an azimuth laser pistol to a pc's inventory. Under the "Actions" tab on the character sheet it is defaulted as a melee weapon. Tried a few other laser pistols and it's the same. Can manually switch it to ranged no problem, but I wasn't sure if this was intended.

Blahness98
February 10th, 2018, 04:55
Don't know if it is intentional, but it appears the scaleui command does not save between campaign loads. Each time I reload the campaign I started for SF, the UI scale resets to 100. Seems to be repeatable. Will test with another new campaign.

Edit: Yes, this is repeatable. Start a new campaign, use scaleui command to set to x% (70 in my case). Close out FG. Re-open FG and load campaign again. UI scale will be reset to 100.

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 05:53
Script Error: [string "stat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Getting this error everytime I try to make a custom race and trying to select the attribute that's being adjusted. It does switch to str, dex, con etc in order... but it gives that error each time.

Also cannot modify the attribute adjustment modifier. so new races are always stuck at 0 to attributes.

yeknom
February 10th, 2018, 06:22
I keep receiving this error when I attempt to access weapons or armor from ITEMS menu. 22170

Archamus
February 10th, 2018, 07:19
A couple of things I've noticed while just making a couple of characters.

1. There are items missing. It appears that all of the Magical, and Hybrid items are missing from the ruleset.

2. On the abilities page spells don't reflect the way they work in Starfinder. They're hard set to use a prepared system (like a D20 wizard), not to just cast any spell known and checking off an available spell slot (like a D20 Sorcerer).

3. For max resolve points it fills in once you select a class and always seems to fill in as 4, regardless of the modifier from the key ability score that is set. At least I assume that 'Max' box is for resolve points since it is in the Resolve System section.

Blacklamb
February 10th, 2018, 08:51
The Speed for Ysoki is incorrect

I was just playing around getting use to the Starfinder modules making a character I have been playing since August and I notices that the speed for Ysoki is wrong. According to page 41 in the core rule book "While the ysoki are Small their space, reach, and land speed is that of Medium creatures." When you make a Ysoki they get the speed 20 trait put on them.

TheRetroFox
February 10th, 2018, 09:51
We get

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (price) in windowclass (reference_groupedlist_groupitem)
Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist_groupitem.lua"]:42: attempt to index local 'cField' (a nil value)

when clicking on Armor under Items. Only 1 piece of armor appears. Same with weapons.

Blacklamb
February 10th, 2018, 10:11
Another issue I think I found is in the calculation of skill points for example I have a techomancer that should be giving 4 skill ranks, and then I have an int modifier of 5. So I expect to see 9 skill ranks per level instead I see 5 per level. It looks to be only using the int modifier.

I figured out what I did wrong, when I was buying Ability points I set my key stat to int, then when I put on the class it did not do the math.

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 13:18
A couple of things I've noticed while just making a couple of characters..

2. On the abilities page spells don't reflect the way they work in Starfinder. They're hard set to use a prepared system (like a D20 wizard), not to just cast any spell known and checking off an available spell slot (like a D20 Sorcerer).

You can alter the casting type between prepared, point based and sorcerer style ( forgot what its called... just woke up.) You click on the icon beside prepared to switch it.

Kezzt
February 10th, 2018, 13:26
FYI - working on Vesk Solarian build and ran across some issues/missing pieces

1st - HP beyond 1st level not calculating
Bumped him to 2nd level on main page, should have bumped him in hp from 13 to 20. It did not adjust. On the mini-character page, I CAN adjust HP to 20, but it only adjusts "Current" HP on the main page when I do that.

2nd - No other Stellar Revelations
None are available beyond base two first level abilities of Black Hole and Supernova. There is no table to pull them for as "Powers" nor are they on the Class page for Solarian. This can be worked around by adding manually, but drag and drop functionality should definitely be part of this class main abilities.

3rd - No Solarian Weapon Option
Is not listed in the Weapons list at all; notta; nothing

4th - Proficiency/Non-proficiency Penalty not working/adjustable
All attacks/weapons are showing as "non-prof." penalty of -4 to the roll. Even though Proficiency ability is listed in the Abilities tab and on the Proficiency list on that tab. No way to adjust or mark on Actions tab. So every attack gets a -4 on it.

oh and 5th - Skill Rank points did not calculate up for 2nd level, I should have additional skill ranks when leveling to 2nd and it only had my base 4-1 for Int = 3

Adding:
Weapon Damage is not calculating STR additions (or anything) correctly. There seems to be built in an auto -5 to damage for weapon attacks. Additionally, the Stat mod section of the Damage magnifying glass does not seem to impact the damage. You can also NOT select a 1x multiple for the +Str damage with melee weapons for example.

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 13:29
Not sure if its intentional but the only way to find non magical items that are not weapon or armors is the search tool.

Shouldn't there be a tab for backpacks, comlinks and other non magical tools etc....

yeknom
February 10th, 2018, 13:39
Not sure if its intentional but the only way to find non magical items that are not weapon or armors is the search tool.

Shouldn't there be a tab for backpacks, comlinks and other non magical tools etc....

I can't seem to find the weapons without looking in the reference manual and I can't find the armor tables 7-14/15 anywhere. 22178

Samarex
February 10th, 2018, 13:57
Good evening everyone,
I will get in and start looking at everything reported

But as a Friendly Reminder to all None of the Original extension or modules I created before will work with the Official Ruleset. Please make sure none of it is active when you are getting errors.

Thanks and Welcome to the Official Starfinders Rule Set
Russ Campbell
AkA Samarex

thebwt
February 10th, 2018, 15:08
Clicking the armor or weapons button at the top of the item window results in an error and an incomplete list

edit: whoops reported on previous page

thebwt
February 10th, 2018, 15:16
The automatic attacks made for a weapon item being dragged into inventory don't auto-populate stats for a "base" stat.

Additionally it doesn't seem to reference base attack bonus anywhere in that windows. Nor can I find base attack bonus lsited in the sheet (I may be dumb though...)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22180&d=1518275771

thebwt
February 10th, 2018, 15:23
The reference manual doesn't have entries for tables 7-14, 7-15, 7-16, 7-17 (light, powered armors and armor upgrades).

Without those, there isn't a simple way to figure out what armors are possible for my level.

The tables are in there for weapons though.

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 15:28
The automatic attacks made for a weapon item being dragged into inventory don't auto-populate stats for a "base" stat.

Additionally it doesn't seem to reference base attack bonus anywhere in that windows. Nor can I find base attack bonus lsited in the sheet (I may be dumb though...)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22180&d=1518275771

Seems to work, but there's nothing telling you what is your base, or giving you any idea how it calculated your dice roll bonus.

Also when you delete your class, you practically have to delete the character as the HP do not reset to their racial and non class relate HP levels. Adding and changing classes, just causes the HP to keep inflating with no way to delete or reset it.

thebwt
February 10th, 2018, 15:28
AC calculations don't seem to respect an armor's Max Dex

and I'm realizing why base attack bonus missing is so weird... I don't think the character sheet has a combat tab.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22181&d=1518276500

and finally, the character sheet isn't re-sizable.

Silvah
February 10th, 2018, 16:01
Doesn't appear that stamina points are being calculated and populated to the SP section. This includes the character sheet, party sheet and combat tracker.

Note: It appears you can get around the SP issue by manually adding it to the Combat Tracker.

Would be nice to have some consistency between rule sets. I usually only play 5E at this point so I don't know if its this way across them all. But its easier for people to pick up new rule sets if the interface is the same across places where it makes sense. Examples: 5E calls the button "Library" SF calls it "Data" even though when you open it it calls it the "Library". Would of been easier to just leave the button as "Library". Also, Why move the menu button in the combat tracker? Was there some reason it was not fine at the bottom with the other turn button?

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 16:11
Backpacks do not affect your carry limit. I was trying the industrial Backpack which is supposed to improve your maximum carry value etc as if you had an extra +2 str. The values did not change wether it was carried or not.

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 16:13
Lowering Strength does not lower your carry capacity...

Disregard it indeed does, though backpacks are useless atm.

Dyark
February 10th, 2018, 16:14
Intelligence modifier doesn't add for the skill ranks available at 1 st level

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 16:21

It works at my end, did you forget to increase the intelligence for it to give +1 and up?

pauljmendoza
February 10th, 2018, 16:23
Getting Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2395: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nClassHP' (a nil value) for the custom class I was trying to use.

I am also getting Script Error: [string "stat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value) when trying to choose an ability for the bonus when creating either a custom race or theme, entering a bonus is also a mystery, tried a bunch of different ways with no luck.

Dyark
February 10th, 2018, 16:27
It works at my end, did you forget to increase the intelligence for it to give +1 and up?

No I did increase it but still didn't register, creating a soldier

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 16:34
Getting Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2395: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nClassHP' (a nil value) for the custom class I was trying to use.

I am also getting Script Error: [string "stat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value) when trying to choose an ability for the bonus when creating either a custom race or theme, entering a bonus is also a mystery, tried a bunch of different ways with no luck.

Yeah making anything custom doesn't seem to be fully supported.... the only work around for now when it gives the error, is to use an XML editor, to open the database in the campaign, find the class/race/skill/feat etc section... and manually fill in the section that isn't working.

I had to do that when I was working on converting one of the setting specific races.. and the attribute adjustment section is broken... literally. So used XML marker to manually fill in the area. You'll have to do something similar with HP for class and probably other sections.... because there's strings missing for customizing.

Treviron Riaxx
February 10th, 2018, 16:35
No I did increase it but still didn't register, creating a soldier

That's odd because I've been looking at mixing races and classes and testing if it was a class/race specific issue but the intelligence bonus to total skill per level and skill rank is working at my end.

thebwt
February 10th, 2018, 16:45
When "Item: identification" is set to on, all 'mundane' items come up as unidentified.

Azaran
February 10th, 2018, 17:13
**edit ignore the unedited if you manage to catch it before I got to my senses**

Mental note, make sure the conversions for starfinder are not checked when loading the campaign. the Pathfinder starfinder conversion mod from the community rulesets puts the new ruleset somewhere in the drift!

Az.

drakonin
February 10th, 2018, 17:15
Getting error when trying to sort equipment.

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (price) in windowclass (reference_groupedlist_groupitem)
Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist_groupitem.lua"]:42: attempt to index local 'cField' (a nil value)

Any known fixes?

Archamus
February 10th, 2018, 17:25
You can alter the casting type between prepared, point based and sorcerer style ( forgot what its called... just woke up.) You click on the icon beside prepared to switch it.

Ah, the icon next to the class on the section that shows the spell slots. Thanks. I'd tried to find something that might change it, but was tired and just assumed that icon was just graphical and never tried clicking it.

Still it should probably default to spontaneous caster, but I'd say that's pretty low on the list of things todo.

Archamus
February 10th, 2018, 17:36
Doesn't appear that stamina points are being calculated and populated to the SP section. This includes the character sheet, party sheet and combat tracker.

Note: It appears you can get around the SP issue by manually adding it to the Combat Tracker.

Would be nice to have some consistency between rule sets. I usually only play 5E at this point so I don't know if its this way across them all. But its easier for people to pick up new rule sets if the interface is the same across places where it makes sense. Examples: 5E calls the button "Library" SF calls it "Data" even though when you open it it calls it the "Library". Would of been easier to just leave the button as "Library". Also, Why move the menu button in the combat tracker? Was there some reason it was not fine at the bottom with the other turn button?

Strange, this part works fine for me on the few characters I've built. Have you tried more than one character. I had a couple of errors that appeared to be flukes. Maybe that's a one time fluke of an error, or maybe some step you took in the character creation path did it, like a specific race. idk.

This is working fine for me, another strange inconsistent error. The first character I made though had at least 5555 skill ranks according to the skills page, but when I remade the same character from scratch it didn't repeat that error.

Bloodfencer
February 10th, 2018, 18:19
Strange issue on my end. i'm not getting any errors or anything, but the Starfinder skin for the UI is not working. All I'm getting is a very boring looking UI design.

Octavious
February 10th, 2018, 18:47
Cannot Scale Story Dialogs vertically. all other dialogs seem to work ok

Kezzt
February 10th, 2018, 19:26
How do you create "Actions" other than Weapon or Spell in the Actions tab? For example:

I have a Solarian who can be "attuned" in one of two modes: Graviton or Photon. Being attuned in Graviton gives me a +1 to Reflex saves/defense. Being attuned to Photon gives me +1 Insight bonus to damage with weapons. I'd like to be able to set up a "condition" that adds those or takes them away depending on what state I'm attuned to. That way, if I'm Attuned to Photon, I automatically add +1 to my weapon damage rolls, and if I'm attuned to Graviton, it automatically adds one to my Reflex defense.

Additionally, Stellar Revellations such as Supernova should be something we can set up an "Action" item for. So that, I can simply activate the Supernova, and it will roll fire damage to my target(s) equal to 1d6 + 1d6 per my Solarian level. The same could be said for other Stellar Revellations.

Blahness98
February 10th, 2018, 19:27
Missing a gear section for NPC sheets. Granted, not that big of an issue, but useful for reminders on what they have.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 19:37
Cannot Scale Story Dialogs vertically. all other dialogs seem to work ok

Thanks. We will add this to the list. You can do it with CTRL+Left Click+Drag for now. The drag handle needs to be modified.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 19:39
The reference manual doesn't have entries for tables 7-14, 7-15, 7-16, 7-17 (light, powered armors and armor upgrades).

Without those, there isn't a simple way to figure out what armors are possible for my level.

The tables are in there for weapons though.

Opening items from the Data Library > Core Rules > Armor, Data Library > Core Rules > Weapons will show the data from the tables with drag and drop items show per level. The Items > Armor and Items > Weapons will do this as well, but appear to have gotten broke with a recent update. We will add this to the quick fix list and post an update.

Zeus
February 10th, 2018, 19:46
Howdy all, I have crept out of the code cave to see if we can help address some of the reported errors.

@GwaihaiScout: I am getting errors when opening items from the Dead Suns books. Every item has one of these, usually price:

Thanks for reporting, we will make sure to address for the next update.

@ianmward: I'm getting errors opening a new PC Ship record: Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (critdmg_lifesupport_glitch) in windowclass (charstarship_main)

Thanks for reporting Ian, its been addressed in my current dev build and we will, after this weekend, push the completed (and error free) sheet for your further enjoyment ;)

@salz78: I added an azimuth laser pistol to a pc's inventory. Under the "Actions" tab on the character sheet it is defaulted as a melee weapon. Tried a few other laser pistols and it's the same. Can manually switch it to ranged no problem, but I wasn't sure if this was intended.

Thanks for reporting, its not intended and it should have changed the Weapon Type to Ranged. It will be addressed in the next update.

@Blaness98 Don't know if it is intentional, but it appears the scaleui command does not save between campaign loads. Each time I reload the campaign I started for SF, the UI scale resets to 100. Seems to be repeatable. Will test with another new campaign.

I am unable to reproduce this, if I use /scaleui 80, save the campaign, then close FG. When I restart, the scale in the launcher is still set at 80 as is my campaign when I reload it. Are you sure you saved before exiting?

@TrevironRiax: Script Error: [string "stat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Getting this error everytime I try to make a custom race and trying to select the attribute that's being adjusted. It does switch to str, dex, con etc in order... but it gives that error each time.

Thanks for reporting. It will be addressed in the next update.

@TrevironRiax: Not sure if its intentional but the only way to find non magical items that are not weapon or armors is the search tool.

You can reference them from the Library, I can look at adding an Items button to the Campaign Items window though, no problem. Look for it in the next update.

@TheRetroFox: Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (price) in windowclass (reference_groupedlist_groupitem)
@thebwt: Clicking the armor or weapons button at the top of the item window results in an error and an incomplete list

I am unable to reproduce this error. Can I ask you both to ensure that you do not have an older expanded CoreRPG ruleset folders in your FG rulesets folder, also please ensure you have disabled any Extensions.

@yeknom: I can't seem to find the weapons without looking in the reference manual and I can't find the armor tables 7-14/15 anywhere

I am unable to reproduce this error. Can you try updating again, also please ensure any expanded CoreRPG ruleset folders have been cleared from the FG rulesets folder, also please ensure you have disabled any Extensions.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 20:00
FYI - working on Vesk Solarian build and ran across some issues/missing pieces

1st - HP beyond 1st level not calculating
Bumped him to 2nd level on main page, should have bumped him in hp from 13 to 20. It did not adjust. On the mini-character page, I CAN adjust HP to 20, but it only adjusts "Current" HP on the main page when I do that.

Don't edit the level, but re-drag the Soldier class back to your character sheet to add the new HP and other level features.

2nd - No other Stellar Revelations
None are available beyond base two first level abilities of Black Hole and Supernova. There is no table to pull them for as "Powers" nor are they on the Class page for Solarian. This can be worked around by adding manually, but drag and drop functionality should definitely be part of this class main abilities.

This needs a bit of rework. Make sure you level by dragging the Solarian class back to your sheet. The abilities will be updated in your Abilities > Class Abilities list with additional options and the feature will be levelled up. The abilities can be dragged from the Stellar Revelelation Main tab back to your Class Abilities but dragging and dropping to the Actions tab would be much nicer.

3rd - No Solarian Weapon Option
Is not listed in the Weapons list at all; notta; nothing

We will have to look at this since it is more like a spell effect. It might make sense to add as an item in the weapons list... not sure.

4th - Proficiency/Non-proficiency Penalty not working/adjustable
All attacks/weapons are showing as "non-prof." penalty of -4 to the roll. Even though Proficiency ability is listed in the Abilities tab and on the Proficiency list on that tab. No way to adjust or mark on Actions tab. So every attack gets a -4 on it.

I am not seeing a -4, but I noted that we need to be able to set proficiency status

oh and 5th - Skill Rank points did not calculate up for 2nd level, I should have additional skill ranks when leveling to 2nd and it only had my base 4-1 for Int = 3

This should calculate if you drag the class over as you level.

Adding:
Weapon Damage is not calculating STR additions (or anything) correctly. There seems to be built in an auto -5 to damage for weapon attacks. Additionally, the Stat mod section of the Damage magnifying glass does not seem to impact the damage. You can also NOT select a 1x multiple for the +Str damage with melee weapons for example.
This appears to be working properly for me. Can you share a screenshot with the damage section expanded and the Main tab for the PC shown as well? Did you drag the item onto your sheet or create the Action by hand?

TheRetroFox
February 10th, 2018, 20:06
I am unable to reproduce this error. Can I ask you both to ensure that you do not have an older expanded CoreRPG ruleset folders in your FG rulesets folder, also please ensure you have disabled any Extensions

There are no extensions active and as far as I can tell, there's no outdated rulesets. How would I be able to determine if the CoreRPG ruleset is out of date?

Kezzt
February 10th, 2018, 20:33
This appears to be working properly for me. Can you share a screenshot with the damage section expanded and the Main tab for the PC shown as well? Did you drag the item onto your sheet or create the Action by hand?

I tried deleting, starting over, and then repeating the error and it did not reappear in a second edition.

Zeus
February 10th, 2018, 20:49
A couple of things I've noticed while just making a couple of characters.

1. There are items missing. It appears that all of the Magical, and Hybrid items are missing from the ruleset.

3. For max resolve points it fills in once you select a class and always seems to fill in as 4, regardless of the modifier from the key ability score that is set. At least I assume that 'Max' box is for resolve points since it is in the Resolve System section.

1. Its not intuitively clear, however Magic Items and Hybrid Items are listed under Templates so that they can be used in the Forge to merge with standard weapons, armor and items.
2. You can change the caster type by clicking on the Book Icon once you have added your Spell Class.
3. Make sure you follow the following order when you create your character, race, theme, class (repeat for each level).

Silvah
February 10th, 2018, 20:57
I played around with this a bit more after what you said. After about the 5th basic char creation (Race/Class/Theme only) it started to populate the stamina correctly. Seems there is a small bug that may appear with stamina not populating. It appears to go away after awhile. I was not able to isolate the issue to what caused it. Seems functional now. Thanks!

Shadowkiller_alThor
February 10th, 2018, 20:57
I'm just getting into it now, but I see that several of the NPC's attacks are resolving vs KAC when it should be vs EAC. This happens in the first Dead Suns where the azimuth laser pistols are used by enemies. This is an energy (fire) weapon and should be against EAC. The pistol works as intended when used with a PC though.

Bearded Kraken
February 10th, 2018, 21:04
When creating a character I'm not getting the correct number of skill points or resolve points.

trystram
February 10th, 2018, 21:37
Are the Races/classes supposed to be click and dragable to the PC's sheets from the rulebook? If so it does not seem to be working.

Clarrification: Clicking and dragging from the reference manual does not work. Clicking and dragging from the excerpts in the library works.

Muagen
February 10th, 2018, 21:53
I noticed there's an order to it, trystram. Try dragging your Race, then Theme, then your Class over to their respective spaces on the character sheet.
Might be nice to have a brief Character Creation Tutorial pop-up for this.

Edit: To be clear, I was referring to dragging from the Race pop-up. It does not appear that dragging the Paizo icon from a race in the Reference Manual will populate stats/abilities.
That might be an improvement to consider for whichever dev is working Starfinder. ;)

trystram
February 10th, 2018, 22:07
Yeah I've always used the reference manual for this, not the popups in other products.

Right now I'm noticing that there are template items for the things like healing serum, but they are not click and dragable.

yeknom
February 10th, 2018, 22:23
We get

when clicking on Armor under Items. Only 1 piece of armor appears. Same with weapons.

I have this as well, in addition to not having any weapons or armor.

yeknom
February 10th, 2018, 22:42
I have this as well, in addition to not having any weapons or armor.

The error disappears when I unload my Dead Suns AP.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 23:02
The error disappears when I unload my Dead Suns AP.

Thanks, that was it. Samarex discovered that just a few minutes ago and we pushed a fix for it that we are testing. As soon as we confirm that the module is fixed, you can run an update and then check to see if it is fixed for you.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 23:03
When creating a character I'm not getting the correct number of skill points or resolve points.

Hello Bearded Kraken, which race/theme/class, attribute scores and level? What are you expecting to be the total and what do you show?

yeknom
February 10th, 2018, 23:05
Thanks, that was it. Samarex discovered that just a few minutes ago and we pushed a fix for it that we are testing. As soon as we confirm that the module is fixed, you can run an update and then check to see if it is fixed for you.

Yw, Russ was telling me what to do as I was typing this. I had a separate error as well, which was fixed when I deleted by CoreRPG ruleset and then reupdated.

Renderance
February 10th, 2018, 23:14
The Dice tower is not visiable. There appears to be no graphic for it. I noticed there appears to be no CR 1/2's or 1/4's in either the core rulebook or alien archive such as the space goblin zaperator page 54 of the archive. will this be fixed?

Bearded Kraken
February 10th, 2018, 23:17
Hello Bearded Kraken, which race/theme/class, attribute scores and level? What are you expecting to be the total and what do you show?

It's a level 1 Ysoki/Scholar/Mechanic. Strength 10, Dexterity 14, Constitution 11, Intelligence 16, Wisdom 12, Charisma 10. Showing Max resolve points as 2, I'm thinking it should be 4. Skill points it's showing 5, I thought it should've been 7. Admittedly I'm not as certain on the skill points, but that's what I was getting via herolab before.

merkvah
February 10th, 2018, 23:23
While the module is properly calculating Stamina for my players, the number cannot be modified in any way that I've found. So if my player takes the Toughness feat, which adds stamina points, we can't modify that. =( Am I missing something?

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 23:28
While the module is properly calculating Stamina for my players, the number cannot be modified in any way that I've found. So if my player takes the Toughness feat, which adds stamina points, we can't modify that. =( Am I missing something?

We may need to change this to make it handle differently... however, there is a workaround you can use for now.
For a modifier of 3, for example on a character of level 3 with Toughness feat, type in the number 3 into the Modifier box on the lower-left, below the chat box. Drag that to the Max SP and it should update it. You can do the same for current as well. Using positive or negative modifiers, you can adjust as needed.

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 23:30
Items popups for Armor, Weapons and Templates should now work. There was a problem with the Dead Suns AP modules that was causing a conflict. These have been fixed.

1. Close FG
2. Re-open FG and run an Update
3. Go to Data > Modules and UNLOAD and then LOAD the Dead Suns AP modules. Right-click on each thumbnail and choose Revert () to bring them back to factory default

Samarex
February 10th, 2018, 23:31

On your Main tab you will see editor buttons. The one above Initiative will open your Combat Editor and Above EAC will open the AC Editor

ddavison
February 10th, 2018, 23:34
The Dice tower is not visiable. There appears to be no graphic for it. I noticed there appears to be no CR 1/2's or 1/4's in either the core rulebook or alien archive such as the space goblin zaperator page 54 of the archive. will this be fixed?

The Dice Tower will show up if you do the following settings in your Campaign Options
1. Load your campaign
2. Click the Gear icon on the upper right to choose the Campaign Options.
3. Turn on Show GM Rolls
4. Turn on Table: Dice Tower

For the missing CR 1/2 and 1/4 NPCs, we will research this and get back to you ASAP. We will be posting periodic fixes throughout the days and weeks ahead for anything like this that we missed.

Samarex
February 10th, 2018, 23:35

Nope your not missing anything. I will get it added in.

Samarex
February 10th, 2018, 23:49
It's a level 1 Ysoki/Scholar/Mechanic. Strength 10, Dexterity 14, Constitution 11, Intelligence 16, Wisdom 12, Charisma 10. Showing Max resolve points as 2, I'm thinking it should be 4. Skill points it's showing 5, I thought it should've been 7. Admittedly I'm not as certain on the skill points, but that's what I was getting via herolab before.

Ok, Did you adjust youe Ability Scores AFTER dropping in your Class?
The System is set up to Adjust your Ability Scores with your 10 points before you drop in your Class.
If you do this then all the Bonuses are set up correct when you drop it in.
So when creating a new Character
1-Drop Race then Theme.
2-A popup will appear for you to adjust your Ability Scores. (Add your 10 points and close window)
3-Drop in Class- and all your stuff should be correct.

Samarex
February 11th, 2018, 00:01
1. Its not intuitively clear, however Magic Items and Hybrid Items are listed under Templates so that they can be used in the Forge to merge with standard weapons, armor and items.
2. You can change the caster type by clicking on the Book Icon once you have added your Spell Class.
3. Make sure you follow the following order when you create your character, race, theme, class (repeat for each level).

Note Be sure to adjust your 10 points before Dropping in Class so that all your ability score bonus's are set correctlly for when you drop in Class

Bearded Kraken
February 11th, 2018, 00:04
Ok, Did you adjust youe Ability Scores AFTER dropping in your Class?
The System is set up to Adjust your Ability Scores with your 10 points before you drop in your Class.
If you do this then all the Bonuses are set up correct when you drop it in.
So when creating a new Character
1-Drop Race then Theme.
2-A popup will appear for you to adjust your Ability Scores. (Add your 10 points and close window)

Ok so this worked to fix the skill points and resolve. However, when done this way the stamina points are now 0 for both max and current. Adjusting the ability scores after dropping in the class had the accurate stamina points.

Renderance
February 11th, 2018, 00:12
Thanks MR. Davison. So i took a Preliminary look through with my physical copy of the alien archive and it appears the 1/3 and 1/2 cr's with the exception of the space goblin zaperator are listed as cr 1's. neither space goblin zaperator nor space goblin honchohead are at present in the archive.

Samarex
February 11th, 2018, 00:16
AC calculations don't seem to respect an armor's Max Dex

and I'm realizing why base attack bonus missing is so weird... I don't think the character sheet has a combat tab.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22181&d=1518276500

and finally, the character sheet isn't re-sizable.
On the Main Tab you will see several Magnify Glass Icons, these open Windows for editing.
1-Ability Score
2-Combat
3-Armor Class

Samarex
February 11th, 2018, 00:45
Ok so this worked to fix the skill points and resolve. However, when done this way the stamina points are now 0 for both max and current. Adjusting the ability scores after dropping in the class had the accurate stamina points.

Found the issue, I will get a fix in for it.
But till then Do not set your Key Ability when you adjust your Ability Scores. This will be set when you drop your Class in

Archamus
February 11th, 2018, 02:03

1. Not a big deal, but that does makes them unavailable in 'manage character'.
2. Thanks, someone else pointed that out too, so I have that straightened out, although it should probably at least default to spontaneous casting.
3. That wasn't working for me initially and I made a lot of characters trying to figure out why I kept getting different amount of resolve points when making different characters. I don't like having a bunch of windows open, so after I'm done with a window I tend to close it. So what I was doing was adding a race, adding a theme, adjusting stats in the ability modifier window that comes up, closing the modifier window, and then finally adding a class. If you do it in that order it is bases the Resolve Points off of your Dexterity mod regardless of what class you chose. However, if you leave the ability modifier window open when you drag your class to your sheet it calculates the Resolve Points correctly.

Archamus
February 11th, 2018, 02:08
1-Drop Race then Theme.

Already posted this in another comment, but this results in the incorrect resolve points. The key is to NOT close the window for adjusting Ability scores. If you close it it is basing resolve points on Dex for every character I've made, going on about 20 characters now.

DMReckless
February 11th, 2018, 03:30
Ammunition (Darts, Batteries) load onto the action tab as if they were weapons with no damage.

None of the Alien Archive races except for the Baratha and Contemplative have their speed populate into the character sheet when the race is added.

DMReckless
February 11th, 2018, 04:39
Based solely on magic missile, spells don't seem to be parsed and do not parse correctly when you tell it to reparse the spell action.

Creatures do not have spell actions parse either; just listed spells with links to descriptions.

Checking a number of spells now....seems to parse mentioned conditions, but not damage..... most spells have nothing parsed and no short description on any spells.....fly 1 has unconscious effect :)

Archamus
February 11th, 2018, 04:56
Also on spells, when dragged onto a character sheet it doesn't add the savings throw information. Once dragged to the sheet it is missing in the spell description when you bring it up, and in the mechanics section of the spell where the attack roll is located.

Samarex
February 11th, 2018, 05:04
Already posted this in another comment, but this results in the incorrect resolve points. The key is to NOT close the window for adjusting Ability scores. If you close it it is basing resolve points on Dex for every character I've made, going on about 20 characters now.
I have fixed the Issue with correct Key modifier. and adding of Resolve during creation.

Samarex

Archamus
February 11th, 2018, 05:31
I have fixed the Issue with correct Key modifier. and adding of Resolve during creation.

Samarex

Does this mean that after clicking Update, this should work right now? Or do I have to do something special to update it other than click update? Or do you mean it is already fixed for the next push of the ruleset?

Just want to check, because it is still behaving the same for me right now.

Treviron Riaxx
February 11th, 2018, 06:02
Not sure if I'm looking at it wrong but grenades and AoE type weapons don't seem to do anything AoE related.... and their damage values are missing.

All grenades just have a 1 in their damage tab... also tried using them via combat tracker etc... and no AoE effect etc.....

Treviron Riaxx
February 11th, 2018, 06:21
Looking at it it's filled of hashtagsbuild(theme name/skillname/proficiency name) I'm not sure how

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2018, 07:57
Archamus,

We will announce patches as they are released. We will be having the developers working on Starfinder perform a set of fixes, and then push the update with a notification (probably here). It may be a day or two, depending on the developer's schedules this weekend.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
February 11th, 2018, 09:14
Does this mean that after clicking Update, this should work right now? Or do I have to do something special to update it other than click update? Or do you mean it is already fixed for the next push of the ruleset?

Just want to check, because it is still behaving the same for me right now.

Its been updated to are system and should start working after they push it live.

Shogar
February 11th, 2018, 09:43
Don't know if this is a bug.. Can't find anywhere to ID an item if the setting for Item:Identification is turned on (or did I miss something?)

Dyark
February 11th, 2018, 14:19
The calculator for the CR doesn't appear

Isn't it part of it ?

thebwt
February 11th, 2018, 15:14
oh, gosh... that's obvious in hindsight... now I can't unsee them. Thank you so much!

jwfitt
February 11th, 2018, 19:34
Default theme has some issues with the windows:

Red Header Bar - Does not expand to accommodate longer titles
Smaller windows - the frame, header, and background do not play well together.

Bearded Kraken
February 11th, 2018, 21:48

I replicated these results with the character build I was having issues with.

Illrigger
February 11th, 2018, 22:43
OK so after trying multiple scenarios, there's still something wrong on the Skill/Stamina/Resolve population:

* If you drag your class over before you edit your Attributes, you get the correct Stamina populated, but your Skill and Resolve points are not correct.
* If you edit your Attributes before you drag over your class, you Skill and Resolve points are correct, but your stamina isn't populated.

Also, a couple of typos I have noticed in Feats:

Blind-Fight is just listed as "Fight"
In Harm's Way is truncated to "s Way"

Archamus
February 11th, 2018, 23:25
OK so after trying multiple scenarios, there's still something wrong on the Skill/Stamina/Resolve population:

* If you drag your class over before you edit your Attributes, you get the correct Stamina populated, but your Skill and Resolve points are not correct.
* If you edit your Attributes before you drag over your class, you Skill and Resolve points are correct, but your stamina isn't populated.

1. Add Race
2. Add Theme
3. Adjust attributes, but do not set the primary attribute, and do not close the attribute adjustment window.
4. Add Class

That should populate things correctly.

drakonin
February 12th, 2018, 00:15
1. Add Race
2. Add Theme
3. Adjust attributes, but do not set the primary attribute, and do not close the attribute adjustment window.
4. Add Class

That should populate things correctly.

I also found if you or DM add the PC to combat tracker then long rest it will recalculate.

Dachartach
February 12th, 2018, 01:08
Lots of the issues we had are listed in this thread already, so I know you folks are already hard at work on them, good on you. We had parsing issues with spells, but they were a bit different than what was listed here in the thread. My mystic player and Technomancer palyer had the spells dragged into their sheets, and the spells could target and cast on targets. Those with saving throws worked, and automatically rolled for the targets when the spells were cast. However, the damage would not parse, and there was no space to edit damage into the spell in the actions tab. We're still in early days though gang, I know you'll get it soon! Thanks for your hard works, and thanks for taking my money!

Octavious
February 12th, 2018, 01:52
The NPC Abilities are not populating the modifier fields when you type in an ability above or below 10 .. it just stays at zero.

trystram
February 12th, 2018, 02:02
Is anyone else having issues with CTRL-CLick targetting for players?

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2018, 03:51
trystam,

If you are talking about CTRL-click within the player combat tracker, his was just recently identified as a general issue for any CoreRPG-derived ruleset, and is worked around by shrinking the player combat tracker to smaller than the list of combatants. A patch will be included in v3.3.5, when it is available.

Regards,
JPG

Octavious
February 12th, 2018, 17:08
Magic Items are missing (Drag and Drop)

Archamus
February 12th, 2018, 17:49
Magic Items are missing (Drag and Drop)

I pointed this out too. Turns out they are there, but they're in the form of templates.

Hopefully this still gets added to the list of things to fix because I don't think the DM wants to have to add every magic item a player might buy.

Dyark
February 12th, 2018, 19:52
Operative skills deduction : when you select your specialization, you get 2 free skill rank depending on the specialty, but it deduct the free skill from the sklii point list

Octavious
February 12th, 2018, 23:38
Templates for the magic items.. ok well ill look there thanks Archamus.

Samarex
February 12th, 2018, 23:39
Operative skills deduction : when you select your specialization, you get 2 free skill rank depending on the specialty, but it deduct the free skill from the sklii point list

Yes, You see that the 2 skill points are already placed in the respective skills based on specialization. I have added 2 extra skill points to the Operative.
So a Operative actually gets 8 + Int + 2 Free.
The 2 Free are automatically added to the respective skills based on your Specialization.
The little square next to the skill are your free skills (mouse over).
It is also configured for Multi Classing you can Still add skill points to those skills if you multi-class.

So in your Attachment your 10 points remaining should be a total of 8 + your Int Bonus.

Hope that clears things up
Samarex

Dyark
February 13th, 2018, 01:50
Cantrip needs to be prepared it seems, yet they should act like 5e, can this be correct ?

Also, I drag the energy ray cantrip but no damage appear anywhere ?

Archamus
February 13th, 2018, 02:04
Cantrip needs to be prepared it seems, yet they should act like 5e, can this be correct ?

I was confused by this too. Turns out spells are set to prepared casting method, but you can switch them to the spontaneous casting method that Starfinder uses by clicking the little icon next to the class category, the section where it shows how many spells and such you get. Hopefully that makes sense.

Winged1
February 13th, 2018, 02:12
Me Too, Opening any PC Ships:
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (starship_critdamagecheck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (starship_critdamagecheck) in windowclass (charstarship_main)

Dyark
February 13th, 2018, 02:52
I was confused by this too. Turns out spells are set to prepared casting method, but you can switch them to the spontaneous casting method that Starfinder uses by clicking the little icon next to the class category, the section where it shows how many spells and such you get. Hopefully that makes sense.

Can you put an image I do not understand where to do it, you can also PM me on this

drakonin
February 13th, 2018, 03:17
Unable to create an effect of +stamina just HP. As In Envoys Inspiring Boost.

Archamus
February 13th, 2018, 08:50
Can you put an image I do not understand where to do it, you can also PM me on this

Here.
https://i.imgur.com/g56ed72.png

Dyark
February 13th, 2018, 16:22
Toughness not working, I cannot either change the Stamina points manually.

Also I created a vesk, soldier with STR 18, so I should have RP of 5 yet it only gives me one, I created it 3 times with the same results

Topdecker
February 13th, 2018, 17:57
I'd like to echo what Dyark mentioned, resolve points are not being calculated correctly and there is no means to manually correct it aside from using the MOD field as reminder:

https://i.imgur.com/4v5O80G.png

In this case, it should be 1 (level / 2, rounded up) + 3 (bonus for intelligence, a technomancer's primary ability) for a total of 4 resolve points. Calcs were wrong for 2 of 3 characters that I have created thus far.

Also, ranged weapons when dropped arrive as melee weapons. Easy enough to fix, but you also have to go in and change the stat that is applying a bonus:

https://i.imgur.com/XYEm2BT.png

Here we need to change STR to DEX

I think that ranged weapons are going to be 2x more used / popular than melee. Sort of annoying that we're defaulting to melee weapons since range and ammo are things that require back-referencing to get correct.

Medriev
February 13th, 2018, 19:25
So latest build is awful and breaks many many things.

Skill rolls no longer work on a double click and bring up an error box. Many items now bring up error messages. Checking class abilities now seems to be broken as well.

Please please fix as I have spent a lot of money on these packages and they seemed to be working fine at the weekend.

Trenloe
February 13th, 2018, 19:37
So latest build is awful and breaks many many things.

Skill rolls no longer work on a double click and bring up an error box. Many items now bring up error messages. Checking class abilities now seems to be broken as well.

Please please fix as I have spent a lot of money on these packages and they seemed to be working fine at the weekend.
There were no updates to Starfinder today. This is what was updated: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42421-Release-Updates-on-2-13-2018

So I don't know how suddenly something that worked at the weekend now breaks many many things where there apparently wasn't actually an update to Starfinder products. Make sure you're running the "Live" setting, not test or dev.

Are you running any extensions?

thecause80
February 13th, 2018, 19:42
There were no updates to Starfinder today. This is what was updated: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42421-Release-Updates-on-2-13-2018

So I don't know how suddenly something that worked at the weekend now breaks many many things where there apparently wasn't actually an update to Starfinder products. Make sure you're running the "Live" setting, not test or dev.

Are you running any extensions?

i just bought the package and am experiencing the same issues he is. The only non standard thing i have up is the DOE sound extension

Trenloe
February 13th, 2018, 19:46
The only non standard thing i have up is the DOE sound extension
Please try without any extensions and let us know if there are still errors. Dulux Oz (the creator of these extensions) has not tested/checked his DOE's against Starfinder as he doesn't currently have access to the ruleset (at least that was the case the last time I heard anything).

If so, please give details of the errors and how to recreate.

ddavison
February 13th, 2018, 19:48
i just bought the package and am experiencing the same issues he is. The only non standard thing i have up is the DOE sound extension

Can you let us know some of the errors you are seeing so we can verify if that matches what we are seeing?

PC Ships is currently throwing an error and is waiting on a fix that should correct this and add additional functionality. We might push that in the next day or two.

The Items > Weapons and Items > Armor screens were broken due to a bug in Dead Suns 1 - 3 and we pushed a fix for those Saturday. To get the fix, you also have to UNLOAD and then re-LOAD the modules. I don't believe you need to right-click on the thumbnails in your Library to () Revert them, but that never hurts as long as you haven't customized the official content. It does a factory reset, so to speak, for the loaded module.

thecause80
February 13th, 2018, 19:53
Can you let us know some of the errors you are seeing so we can verify if that matches what we are seeing?

PC Ships is currently throwing an error and is waiting on a fix that should correct this and add additional functionality. We might push that in the next day or two.

The Items > Weapons and Items > Armor screens were broken due to a bug in Dead Suns 1 - 3 and we pushed a fix for those Saturday. To get the fix, you also have to UNLOAD and then re-LOAD the modules. I don't believe you need to right-click on the thumbnails in your Library to () Revert them, but that never hurts as long as you haven't customized the official content. It does a factory reset, so to speak, for the loaded module.

i think i found the issue actually, I had the old playtest stuff still installed, when i deleted those everything started working fine

ddavison
February 13th, 2018, 19:54
i think i found the issue actually, I had the old playtest stuff still installed, when i deleted those everything started working fine

Great news. There are still some bugs we are working through as well and we will push those out over the coming days and weeks.

Treviron Riaxx
February 13th, 2018, 23:24
Not sure if it's a bug, but I was testing the combat tracker... and when dragging player characters in it. None of the weapon info, spells saves etc etc... transferred in the combat tracker.

Trenloe
February 13th, 2018, 23:38
Not sure if it's a bug, but I was testing the combat tracker... and when dragging player characters in it. None of the weapon info, spells saves etc etc... transferred in the combat tracker.
That's by design. PCs are too complex to display all of the attacks etc. in the combat tracker - plus the details in the combat tracker are primarily for the GM, who rarely rolls PC attacks. If you need to do PC attacks, click the link in the CT to open the PC sheet and do it from there.

Samarex
February 14th, 2018, 00:44

I believe there was one update for Starfinder (It updated for me)
The Alien Archive Players Module has been updated
Updated some of the PC Playable NPC races.
-Added Speed values to those that were missing
-Added some traits according to the Starfinder FAQ website.

Thanks

Treviron Riaxx
February 14th, 2018, 01:06
Are the feats etc supposed to be editable. I noticed some parts of the content is read only. The things like feats are all unlocked and editable etc. (the corebook feats)

merkvah
February 14th, 2018, 19:34
A minor issue, but I wanted to post it here: Dropping a "Laser Rifle: Azimuth" onto the inventory sheet marks it as a melee weapon. It's easy enough for the players to fix themselves, but I thought you might want to know, just in case.

Medriev
February 14th, 2018, 19:42

Same problem by the looks of it. All now working fine. Thanks

Topdecker
February 15th, 2018, 14:16
Might not be a bug, maybe it is...

I am adding the TOUGHNESS feat. "For every character level you have (and whenever you gain a new level), you gain 1 Stamina Point."

Mechanically, I can find no way to manually add a stamina point. So either the ability to tweak stamina is broken, or this feat is not doing what it should. (It would be a LOT better if the feat managed it.)

Dyark
February 15th, 2018, 14:55

I am adding the TOUGHNESS feat. "For every character level you have (and whenever you gain a new level), you gain 1 Stamina Point."

Mechanically, I can find no way to manually add a stamina point. So either the ability to tweak stamina is broken, or this feat is not doing what it should. (It would be a LOT better if the feat managed it.)

I concur with you, we should be able to edit this, same with RP as they may not be correct.

Just temporary you can increase it (the temporary one), Through the combat tracker with a CTRL and mouse wheel up. It will show in the Character sheet.

Marswipp
February 15th, 2018, 17:14
A minor issue, but I wanted to post it here: Dropping a "Laser Rifle: Azimuth" onto the inventory sheet marks it as a melee weapon. It's easy enough for the players to fix themselves, but I thought you might want to know, just in case.
This is with most small- and longarm weapons, actually.

vyruxx
February 15th, 2018, 17:37
it is not possible to drag items templates such as serums to inventory.

Dyark
February 15th, 2018, 18:01
it is not possible to drag items templates such as serums to inventory.

No you need to build them right now.

open the forge, create a new item without a name, drag the Serum template and forge, your Serum is created

Faelwen
February 16th, 2018, 00:08

One solution would be to edit the db.xml file of the campaign and add 1 to the <classstamina> and update the <current> and <total> to the values they should have.

Don't forget to do a backup of the file beforehand, just in case.

But yes, I agree that there should be some way to edit these fields from the character sheet, or have the toughness feat automatically update these values (or both).

Samarex
February 16th, 2018, 00:46
Not being able to add Stamina for Feats like Toughness.

This has been addressed and you will see it in the next update.

Samarex

Treviron Riaxx
February 16th, 2018, 01:19
Nice to hear, though it would be nice if GM's could manually edit stamina and HP on character sheets....

And about the serum, that's a really odd way of handling them.... but at least it's a way of adding it to inventory... just seems weird to have to use the forge. But it does say template.. Wish they had done something like that for the monsters at least for racial and subtypes... so wouldn't have to constantly have to re enter all the racial and subtype abilities/resistances etc....

Dyark
February 16th, 2018, 01:35
Not being able to add Stamina for Feats like Toughness.

This has been addressed and you will see it in the next update.

Samarex

Thanks Samarex and good job

Husosfagyi
February 16th, 2018, 17:24
I think the token HP bar is bugged.
It's always show full.

Marswipp
February 16th, 2018, 17:29
Hm... Maybe a stamina bar is needed?

Topdecker
February 16th, 2018, 17:40
Hm... Maybe a stamina bar is needed?

No doubt. Perhaps a bar on either side of the portrait, one for stam, one for hp. But if you are going to show just one, I guess that I would prefer stamina.

shartahl
February 17th, 2018, 17:44
PC Starships are unusable. error messages when any input is attempted. Is this something others have happening still or is it something on my end?

ddavison
February 17th, 2018, 17:47
PC Starships are unusable. error messages when any input is attempted. Is this something others have happening still or is it something on my end?

We hoped to have had a release to patch that earlier this week but it's still in development. We apologize for the issue. It should be fixed in a future update.

Azaran
February 17th, 2018, 23:14
Posted separately, but best post it here.

Skill ranks per level don't look like they are working as per the rules. I have a mechanic that should have had 8 skill ranks (4+ 4 int bonus), but received 5.
An operative that should have received 10 (8+ 2 int bonus)
And a Soldier that should have received 4 (he has no int bonus) but got 3.

Could be to do with the order the PC placed race, attributes, theme and class. not sure, but both operatives had the same skill points, though different INTs.

Bit strange

Az.

***Update***

Not a bug I dont think. Looks like the players accidentally mousehwheeled up the ranks in the class subwindow.

I recreated thier characters a few times to test it out and the bug did not repeat itself for me.

Az.

Treviron Riaxx
February 17th, 2018, 23:20
Probably because I've made several test characters to see how FG handles class creation etc in Starfinder. And I have yet to hit this problem... my past test character is a level 8 Technomamcer and has 64 skill points.

Trenloe
February 17th, 2018, 23:24
Skill ranks per level don't look like they are working as per the rules. I have a mechanic that should have had 8 skill ranks (4+ 4 int bonus), but received 5.
An operative that should have received 10 (8+ 2 int bonus)
And a Soldier that should have received 4 (he has no int bonus) but got 3.
These skill points are only added when the class is dropped on the PC. Have you finalised your ability scores at this point? If you change ability scores after, the skill ranks will not change.

If you have finalised ability scores, please provide screenshots of the issue - showing the chat window and the PC sheet. Thanks.

Topdecker
February 18th, 2018, 06:04
Letter icons for combatants are being pulled from the old brown-white tokens rather than the new white-blue tokens.

vyruxx
February 18th, 2018, 11:10
-the feats do not have the prerequisites placed.
-Multy-weapon fighting feat is lost

chillybilly
February 18th, 2018, 15:49
A super-minor bug but should be an easy fix. On the Party Sheet, the headings for EAC, KAC, Fort, Reflex, Will, etc don't line up with the actual values when you drop party members into the sheet. Again, very minor. Overall, this ruleset is fantastic and I know it will only get better!

Topdecker
February 18th, 2018, 16:15
Creating a new campaign and entering the stat block for EXEGARA from INTO THE UNKNOWN results in a LUA error when adding the NPC to the tracker from an encounter. You might need to have map placement engaged to see it. (There are two of us that have encountered this.)

[MODERATOR: Info and specifics of the error message here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42492-Module-Entry-questions-issues ]

Trenloe
February 18th, 2018, 16:45
Creating a new campaign and entering the stat block for EXEGARA from INTO THE UNKNOWN results in a LUA error when adding the NPC to the tracker from an encounter. You might need to have map placement engaged to see it. (There are two of us that have encountered this.)

[MODERATOR: Info and specifics of the error message here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42492-Module-Entry-questions-issues ]
This error can be recreated using creatures from the APs - drag the Garaggakal from AP1 or Ailabiens 21:2from AP2 to the combat tracker, for rexample

Octavious
February 18th, 2018, 18:51
I have found the problem spot with the NPC sheets popping the error that Trenloe and Topdecker are referring to . it has to do with the defensive abilities field. it does not like some things in it one is undead immunities. I don't know anything about the specific language of this but I do Know C++ and looking at the error it is popping it would be searching an array and not checking it at the end for a no find and continuing on past the length of the array .Typing anything in that field pops that error.. I typed in "dog" and it popped the error.

Topdecker
February 18th, 2018, 18:57
This error can be recreated using creatures from the APs - drag the Garaggakal from AP1 or Ailabiens 21:2from AP2 to the combat tracker, for rexample

The offending field is DEFENSIVE ABIL. Once I removed text from this field, things started working.

EDIT: What Octavious said! ;) I am late as usual.

Octavious
February 19th, 2018, 01:03
Half damage is not being applied for saves . I added a generic spell to a npc to do 4d4 sonic damage and half on successful Reflex save.

It is applying full damage for the success..

(if I have done it right)

EDIT( It is working now.. I may have not done something right)

Samarex
February 19th, 2018, 01:49
Half damage is not being applied for saves . I added a generic spell to a npc to do 4d4 sonic damage and half on successful Reflex save.

It is applying full damage for the success..

(if I have done it right)

EDIT( It is working now.. I may have not done something right)

If you set up your Spell with Saves/ Half on Save/ and Damage.
Then when you attack use the CAST button.
The Attack and save rolls will be automatic and if the save was Success then the damage will be Half.

Samarex
February 19th, 2018, 02:07
A super-minor bug but should be an easy fix. On the Party Sheet, the headings for EAC, KAC, Fort, Reflex, Will, etc don't line up with the actual values when you drop party members into the sheet. Again, very minor. Overall, this ruleset is fantastic and I know it will only get better!

This has been fixed for next update.

Samarex
February 19th, 2018, 03:42

Fixed Garaggakal (radation was missing from Immunity types)
Working on the other...

Blacklamb
February 19th, 2018, 03:51
I put this early on in the thread and never heard back, the thread kind of exploded later that night. But the Ysoki speed is incorrect, they move the same 30 feet. I figured out how to manually fix it but it would be nice t not have to in the future.

Samarex
February 19th, 2018, 04:54
I put this early on in the thread and never heard back, the thread kind of exploded later that night. But the Ysoki speed is incorrect, they move the same 30 feet. I figured out how to manually fix it but it would be nice t not have to in the future.

Yes I seen the post, added it our fix list. It has already been addressed and you should see the fix in the next update.

chillybilly
February 19th, 2018, 14:41
Flat-footed effect doesn't appear to apply (-2 AC) to attacks targeting EAC.

Trenloe
February 19th, 2018, 15:39
Ranged attacks in the adventure paths don't have "ranged" or "vs. eac" entry as appropriate.

For example, the Space Goblin in Dead Suns, Part 1 has: junklaser +3 (1d4 F; critical burn 1d4)

Which rolls as: [ATTACK (M)] Junklaser [vs. KAC] Which is Melee vs KAC, when it should be ranged vs. EAC (because it does energy damage).

A Goblin, Space Monark from the core rulebook has the ranged attack encoded as: junklaser bazooka +3 ranged vs. eac (4d12+20 F; critical burn 1d8) With the ranged and target AC specified in the attack.

Tsarreth
February 19th, 2018, 17:25
I've noticed:

1. Spells are not complete. I don't mean just the list of spells, but the spells themselves must be fixed by hand. Some of the spells even have the wrong effects.
2. Cannot award XP like you should via the party tracker.

Faelwen
February 19th, 2018, 19:01
Here is what I've noticed. Some issues have already been reported, but a few haven't:

Some class features don't seem to handle the "mini" character sheet too well. For instance, on a lvl1 envoy, clicking on "Envoy Improvisation", "Expertise (Ex)" or "Skill Expertise (Ex)" will generate the error: "Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referenceclassability : charsheet.id-00002.specialabilitylist.id-00003)"
Also, clicking on a class feature in the normal version of the character sheet doesn't immediately open the description: we have to also click on the "Other" tab of the popup to access it, which is rather cumbersome.
Some items are classified as Templates when they should be full-fledged items (for example : healing serums). It doesn't make much sense to have to create these items through the Forge.
There is also the opposite problem: some items should be available as Templates but aren't (for example : computer upgrades). Currently, they can't be used as intended in the Forge.
Items created using the Forge have most stats missing such as weight, price, crit, range, capacity, EAC/KAK bonus, etc.
Currently, the character sheet doesn't seem to detect whether a weapon is melee or ranged when creating the macros in the "Actions" tab. It can be easily corrected manually by the DM/player, but if one isn't aware of this he might end up using the wrong macros.
Sometimes, adding extra types of damage to a weapon doesn't work. For example: "P, chaotic" or " chaotic, P" doesn't work: only piercing damage will apply. However, "piercing, chaotic" seems to work.
The rules of Starfinder provide that it is possible to do two attacks in a round with a penalty as a full attack. In 3.5/PF character sheet it was possible to increase the number of attacks but it isn't possible in the Starfinder character sheet. Is there an easy way to do a 2 attack full attack?
The total number of skill points isn't updated when Intelligence changes.
The character sheet seems to be missing a Combat Manoeuvre macro.
Unlike the Pathfinder products, there doesn't seem to be a "Special Abilities" list containing all the links to special abilities.
Alien Archives: some items seem to be missing (such as the adaptive serums)

EDIT: Not a bug, but something that triggers my OCD: some class features are written entirely in capital letters for some reason (for example most of the class features of the Mechanic).

Topdecker
February 19th, 2018, 20:52
https://i.imgur.com/1DyYyuB.png

Undefined export type

Faelwen
February 20th, 2018, 22:42
Hello,

This time, I tried creating a caster character. Here are the few issues I've noticed (nothing major, thankfully):

I've noticed a feat called "s Way" (probably supposed to be "In Harm's Way").
When dropping a spell from the Core Rulebook to the character sheet, not all the info is copied. For example, saving throws, target, etc. are missing. Also, all the formatting of the description is lost (such as bold, italics, lists, etc.).
When dopping a spell on the character sheet, the spell parser seems to have trouble to automatically add macros such as cast macro, save throw, damage macro, etc. (at least, when compared to the 3.5 ruleset). This could be due to the issue I've previously described where the whole information of the spell is not being copied to the character sheet.
The button related to Concentration checks shouldn't exist on the character sheet since concentration is no longer a mechanic in Starfinder (unless I am seriously mistaken).
By default, the character sheet uses the Prepared spell caster mode. However, in Starfinder all caster classes are Spontaneous, which can cause a bit of confusion.
Not a bug, but a suggestion: perhaps add a way to easily handle the Weapon Specialization feat (all classes gain it at level 3). Perhaps simply adding a dedicated box in the attack macros to add the relevant bonus would do the trick (even better if it is automatically updated during a level up). I feel that it is a mechanic that is extremely easy to forget unless there is something on the character sheet to remind you of its existence (or to take automatically care of it for you).

Topdecker
February 21st, 2018, 01:29
So this happened...

https://i.imgur.com/5Q931F0.png

But it did not agree with this...

https://i.imgur.com/dsVpjt9.png

I did not see that the core rules caught an update. My copy of PZOSMWPZO7101FG.dat shows a file date of 2/11/2018.

Anyhow, the bug fix distro is bugged...

Trenloe
February 21st, 2018, 01:32
My core rules didn't update too. Probably because the 1 creature in the core rules didn't need NPC Attack strings fixing to start with.

vyruxx
February 21st, 2018, 15:23
after today's update I do not get the weapons and armor from the core

EDIT: IT OCCURS WHEN YOU SELECT ITEM IDENTIFICATION IN THE OPTIONS.

Samarex
February 21st, 2018, 23:03
Yes this is known issue we are working on getting this corrected....

Samarex

ragnaroc1011
February 22nd, 2018, 17:23
Issues with Skill points and the above mentions Max Resolve points. Two classes and races tested.

Android/Technomancer - Key Ability Int = 18 (+4).
Resolve Points Max should be 5. 1 + Int Bonus (4) = 5. Fantasy Grounds only showing 2.
Skill Points per level should be 8. 4 (Class) + Int Bonus (4) = 8. Fantasy Grounds showing 5

Human/Mechanic - Key Ability Int = 18 (+4)
Resolve Points Max should be 5. 1 + Int Bonus (4) = 5. Fantasy Grounds showing 2.
Skill Points per level should be 8. 4 (Class) + Int Bonus (4) = 8. Fantasy Grounds showing 6.

I double checked all my numbers on these two characters and what is set as they key ability. I will continue to make characters with different Key Abilities other than Int and see if the issue continues.

Made a 3rd Character and re-ordered how I create characters. Now I am picking race, then theme, doing stats (Manually picking my Key stat) and then picking class. In this case a Vesk/Mercenary/Soldier

Vesk/Soldier - Key Ability Str = 18 (+4)
Resolve Points = 5 1 + Str Bonus (4) = 5. FG showing 5
Skill Points = 8 1 + Int Bonus (For testing I made his INT 18 so +4) = 8 FG is showing 8
Stamina Point = 11 1 + Con bonus (4) FG showing 0.

Issue appears to be in the order in which you setup your character. In the Core Rule Book it states to pick Race, Theme do stats then pick Class. In the reference manual it stats to pick class before doing stats. So here is what happens in each instance.

Pick Race, Theme, Class then do stats = Resolve points being set automatically to 2 and skill points being 2 below what they should be.

Pick Race, Theme, Do stats (Manually picking the correct Key stat for your class), then picking Class = Resolve points being correct, Skill points being correct, but 0 Stamina points.

I will try to continue to bug hunt this issue and find a correct building method.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2018, 17:33
Android/Technomancer - Key Ability Int = 18 (+4).
Resolve Points Max should be 5. 1 + Int Bonus (4) = 5. Fantasy Grounds only showing 2.
Skill Points per level should be 8. 4 (Class) + Int Bonus (4) = 8. Fantasy Grounds showing 5
I can't recreate this. I see 8 skill points and 5 resolve points when I follow this process:

1) Drag/Drop Android race to the PC sheet.
2) Drag/drop Theme (in my case Scholar) to the PC sheet.
3) Adjust ability scores - Int = 18. Ensure Key ability is set to Int.
4) Drag drop Technomancer class to the PC sheet.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread - the calculations are only made at the point you drag/drop a class onto the PC sheet. Changing levels manually or abilities after this will not adjust the skills or resolve points.

ragnaroc1011
February 22nd, 2018, 18:04
I can't recreate this. I see 8 skill points and 5 resolve points when I follow this process:

1) Drag/Drop Android race to the PC sheet.
2) Drag/drop Theme (in my case Scholar) to the PC sheet.
3) Adjust ability scores - Int = 18. Ensure Key ability is set to Int.
4) Drag drop Technomancer class to the PC sheet.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread - the calculations are only made at the point you drag/drop a class onto the PC sheet. Changing levels manually or abilities after this will not adjust the skills or resolve points.

Thanks Trenloe!

chillybilly
February 22nd, 2018, 19:29
View: Health -non-ally Status doesn't seem to work on a player's combat tracker. They don't see anything.

Samarex
February 22nd, 2018, 21:30
Thanks Trenloe!

This issue with Skill points and resolve points during creation has been fixed.

You will see it in the next update. Version 1.0.2
We are finalizing a couple other big issues before we update to live.
Should be soon.

Edited: 1.0.2 is on the Test server you can check it out there.

Thanks
Samarex

ragnaroc1011
February 22nd, 2018, 23:26
Since the update today, when adding in a Human race, I get the following LUA error instead of the pop up window asking which stat I wish to increase by 2. This is happening both on test and live. Could be on my end but not sure how to check. Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1496: setValue: Unable to create node

ragnaroc1011
February 22nd, 2018, 23:35
Blind Fight Feat is mis-named. In Feats as fight not Blind-Fight.
In Harm's Way Feat is Mis-named. In Feats it is currently names s Way.

Samarex
February 22nd, 2018, 23:36
Since the update today, when adding in a Human race, I get the following LUA error instead of the pop up window asking which stat I wish to increase by 2. This is happening both on test and live. Could be on my end but not sure how to check. Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1496: setValue: Unable to create node

investigating right now

Treviron Riaxx
February 22nd, 2018, 23:51
Can confirm the human race issue also.

ragnaroc1011
February 23rd, 2018, 00:41
Sorry to keep bringing up Items I am finding. While perusing the Reference Manual for the Core guide, I found that the God Entry for Urgathoa and Weydan are backwards. Weydan's entry is under Urgathoa and vice versa.

Samarex
February 23rd, 2018, 00:42

Ok this has been fixed and pushed to live.
You can update, sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks
Samarex

ragnaroc1011
February 23rd, 2018, 00:53
Ok this has been fixed and pushed to live.
You can update, sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks
Samarex

You the man Russell!

Samarex
February 23rd, 2018, 01:04
Sorry to keep bringing up Items I am finding. While perusing the Reference Manual for the Core guide, I found that the God Entry for Urgathoa and Weydan are backwards. Weydan's entry is under Urgathoa and vice versa.

Not a problem thats what this section if for....Helps us get things right.

Blacklamb
February 23rd, 2018, 01:08
is 1.0.2 live? of just in test?

Samarex
February 23rd, 2018, 01:10
is 1.0.2 live? of just in test?

Live now

Faelwen
February 23rd, 2018, 09:47
Ok, I feel silly. I just discovered that I could switch from LIVE to DEV/TEST.

Which brings me to this question: is there an environment in which bug reports are more useful to the devs at the moment?

damned
February 23rd, 2018, 11:16
Ok, I feel silly. I just discovered that I could switch from LIVE to DEV/TEST.

Which brings me to this question: is there an environment in which bug reports are more useful to the devs at the moment?

Both are useful.

Azaran
February 23rd, 2018, 13:58
Live now

Yay!

Poisontoast
February 24th, 2018, 03:11
Is the below use case a known issue? My Item and Weapon windows are blank. Tried reinstalling modules and making a new campaign.

damned
February 24th, 2018, 03:13
Is the below use case a known issue? My Item and Weapon windows are blank. Tried reinstalling modules and making a new campaign.

Try open from the campaign tools on the right.

Poisontoast
February 24th, 2018, 03:22
Yeah, I have just the Alien Archive stuff I think. I dont see the core weapons when I click the one of the sections above the item window. It is weird. Video below

https://www.screencast.com/t/XLieTrbiIZ

Topdecker
February 24th, 2018, 03:31
Try ITEMS --> ARMOR and ITEMS --> WEAPONS. I doubt that it will work, but maybe it will...

https://i.imgur.com/41pK6zB.png

A screener showing that it is working. I have no extensions enabled.

Poisontoast
February 24th, 2018, 03:34
I got it working. I had to uninstall the DLC in steam & delete the file for Starfinder, then re-download them and patch it all. I figured it was a issue on my end when no one else was experiencing it. Thank you damned & Topdecker!

ddavison
February 24th, 2018, 04:01
That might have been due to the item identification bug as well.

ragnaroc1011
February 24th, 2018, 09:25
Ran into a couple of script errors within the first Adventure. Where should I post the scripts errors. It was centered around one Mob in one battle and an item within another area. I have the areas, mob and treasure identified as being the problem and the script error written down.

In first AD. Error setting boss in Back office of Fusion Queen Script error setting position. Error appears to be with the Vesh boss. His weapons in his quick menu are messed up and he throws out this script error when being auto placed.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:635: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)

Holo Skin Item found in Fusion Queen back room treasure script error: Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (hands) in windowclass (item_main)

Mulligans
February 24th, 2018, 15:55
Hey guys, not sure if these are bugs, or just simply not part of the intended automation process. Example, adding a Halflling race does not automatically adjust saving throws (Halfling Luck), does not automatically give perception a +2 bonus (Keen Senses), same goes for sure-footed. Its odd because that automation works in pathfinder. And certain things in Starfinder do get automated like character speed and stats. Similarly, when a class or a theme adds a skill to your list of class skills, its not getting automated (e.g. piloting with either star shaman mystic class, or ace pilot theme). Bonus spells from a mystic connection aren't automatically added either. Again, not sure if that is just beyond the scope of the automation process. But it does get confusing when some things are automatically added, but not others. Thanks,
Mac

merkvah
February 24th, 2018, 18:41
Do we have a time frame on the next big update? I don't want to rush you guys, I know how hard you're working to fix this stuff for us, and we're grateful. I just wondered if I should go in and parse the spells of my players or if the patch is coming soon to fix it.

Thanks for everything you're doing to make it better!

Topdecker
February 24th, 2018, 19:30
PC Ships...

I presume that this is known info, but I will repeat it nonetheless.

SYSTEMS and EXPANSION BAYS regions will not accept drag and drop. Manually creating things is possible, but since the things are in STARSHIP ITEMS, it seems like a bit of needless work.

The ACTIONS, CREW, CARGO, and NOTES tabs are not populated (no areas, regions, controls, etc). I acknowledge that maybe it is just me.

Anyhow, it looks like a work in progress.

Trenloe
February 24th, 2018, 20:10
I just wondered if I should go in and parse the spells of my players or if the patch is coming soon to fix it.
I very much doubt if you're going to get 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the Starfinder spells. A future update may improve the automatic parsing a bit. I'd say go ahead and create the relevant actions and effects/conditions that you feel you need.

Samarex
February 24th, 2018, 23:30
PC Ships...

I presume that this is known info, but I will repeat it nonetheless.

SYSTEMS and EXPANSION BAYS regions will not accept drag and drop. Manually creating things is possible, but since the things are in STARSHIP ITEMS, it seems like a bit of needless work.

The ACTIONS, CREW, CARGO, and NOTES tabs are not populated (no areas, regions, controls, etc). I acknowledge that maybe it is just me.

Anyhow, it looks like a work in progress.

Starships in this release were set as a show of whats to come.
The Star-ship functionality is in current development by Zeph.

merkvah
February 25th, 2018, 00:35
I very much doubt if you're going to get 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the Starfinder spells. A future update may improve the automatic parsing a bit. I'd say go ahead and create the relevant actions and effects/conditions that you feel you need.

We have 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the 5e stuff... Should we not expect the Starfinder module to come up to that quality? I don't mean to complain, really, I'm very grateful for all you guys are doing, but I run both systems and the WotC 5e FG module is amazing. Will the Starfinder module not be that good?

damned
February 25th, 2018, 00:44
We have 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the 5e stuff... Should we not expect the Starfinder module to come up to that quality? I don't mean to complain, really, I'm very grateful for all you guys are doing, but I run both systems and the WotC 5e FG module is amazing. Will the Starfinder module not be that good?

I dont believe we do have 100% accurate spell parsing in 5e... maybe we do but I dont think that is the case.
And the second part of the answer is not clear. That would probably come down to economics. If Product A sells X copies and Product B sells 10x copies you may not be able to invest as many resources into Product A...
There are products in Store that will not even sell 1/1000th of 5e - they most definitely will not have 5e feature parity.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2018, 01:55
The issue is that the WotC 5E spell/power descriptive text has been specifically designed to have a very similar/reproducible syntax - so it's possible to write parsing that is close to 90-odd% - I would hesitate to say it is 100% accurate.

The Starfinder spell descriptions just aren't in a similar format and Starfinder spells/powers are more complex than 5E as well. So it will be virtually impossible to write a parser that gets anywhere near 90+% accuracy, let alone 100%. Especially as Starfinder evolves - knowing Paizo's inkling to bring out lots of splat books...

merkvah
February 25th, 2018, 02:49
Thanks. I do understand the economics of the thing... just makes me wonder how invested in it I really want to become. =( Thank you for your attention.

damned
February 25th, 2018, 03:26
Thanks. I do understand the economics of the thing... just makes me wonder how invested in it I really want to become. =( Thank you for your attention.

Hi merkvah I think you will find that the Starfinder experience on Fantasy Grounds will be an amazing one and far better than on any other VTT. It is a brand new ruleset for a complex game system and it will take time to mature. There are significant resources being expended on this ruleset and once the identified bugs have been addressed new feature work will begin.

My comment re: resourcing and revenue was simply meant to suggest that expecting feature parity to the same level of detail as the #1 ruleset is probably not realistic.

Trenloes points about the complexity and wording are the more pertinent ones to your question. Trenloe has been involved in Pathfinder conversions and content importing for a long time so he is very aware of the challenges of parsing with inconsistent source material standards.

Topdecker
February 25th, 2018, 04:21
Starships in this release were set as a show of whats to come.
The Star-ship functionality is in current development by Zeph.

Alright, thanks! I figured that it was what it was :). I am planning on running some Starfinder in the middle April for FG-Con. I will hope that the ship systems are up and working by then, but I'll plan on winging it :)

Trenloe
February 25th, 2018, 15:47
just makes me wonder how invested in it I really want to become.
I think the danger here is that people start looking for 100% automation in everything and then end up not playing or getting frustrated if they don't have that. I know everyone has different play styles and requirements. But not having 100% spell/action automation won't stop me playing a very fun and enjoyable system which has excellent scenarios, well converted to Fantasy Grounds. In the end only you know what you want and need from any system you play. But no ruleset in Fantasy Grounds has 100% automation - it would be virtually impossible - unless it was a super simple RPG system (which Starfinder is not).

Bidmaron
February 25th, 2018, 15:54
Nothing else will come even close so good luck looking elsewhere

Blahness98
February 25th, 2018, 17:59
As I have been going though the effects tags that are universal between the rule sets, I have found several tags that currently do not work properly. The tags for DMGTYPE and DR do not work, or I haven't found the proper syntax for them. Other effects, FHEAL and REGEN do not work either, but there are limited instances of both of these in the core rule book. Damage type and DR tags are the ones that I am most worried about as several abilities grant both of these. While the work around is to add the damage type change to on the type line in the damage box, it might be easier to allow adding via effect. I have attempted to use the short codes (ie F) used in the weapon item lists, but those do not work and neither does the full text (ie fire). DR also is not taken into effect when placed as an effect and there is no location for this to be placed on a character sheet. Also noticed the CONC and TCONC tags do not work. Neither does the concealment button in the effects box.

Any information you can pass on the proper use of these effects would be appreciated.

Also noticed, if you place "F" on the type line on the spell/ability damage, it will only be fire damage. If you put "fire" on that same line, the damage types become fire and spell. This is the same with the other energy types (ie A, acid, C, cold, ect). It is probably intended, but I want to put that out there just in someone else notices a difference.

Topdecker
February 25th, 2018, 21:40
https://i.imgur.com/Uy0JmJY.png

Every single NPC has the TYPE of CREATURE. If that is true, why display the column? Note that I am referencing it from the library.

EDIT FOLLOWS: ---------------------------------------------------------

Looking at this a little harder, it appears to be an internal designator:

https://i.imgur.com/y439otf.png

As you can see, a creature that I added has no 'type' (and no place to specify a type). Types seem to be creature or trap.

merkvah
February 26th, 2018, 15:44
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I was picking up my dice and leaving. I really love Starfinder, and am eager to see the mod mature. I'm sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I wasn't.

on an unrelated note, bug report:

I created an NPC for a module I'm imputting (Planet Death, from "The Dice Decide," sold through Paizo's site) which is a large sand snake. When I create the NPC in the NPCs window, I set its size and reach both as 10. When I pin the encounter to the map and pre-place the snake's token, it places as normal size. When I then drop the encounter into the combat tracker, I can drag the snake from the combat tracker onto the map and it scales appropriately, as large.

Am I doing something wrong? This is entirely possible... I'm still learning Fantasy Grounds.

Thank you for your attention.

ragnaroc1011
February 26th, 2018, 19:32
Did a small update go out today at all? Saw a quick update on the first Adventure module when I logged in. Also was wondering if an option is going to be given to Soldiers during Character creation to choose either Str or Dex as their key stat as it is in the core rulebook. From all I have seen so far, it defaults to Dex only.

Blahness98
February 26th, 2018, 21:41
Did a small update go out today at all? Saw a quick update on the first Adventure module when I logged in. Also was wondering if an option is going to be given to Soldiers during Character creation to choose either Str or Dex as their key stat as it is in the core rulebook. From all I have seen so far, it defaults to Dex only.

You can select the key stat. Just open up the magnifying glass by the ability scores and the key ability score should be a selection box would on top of the sheet that pops up.

ragnaroc1011
February 26th, 2018, 21:56
You can select the key stat. Just open up the magnifying glass by the ability scores and the key ability score should be a selection box would on top of the sheet that pops up.

Rocking... Thanks for the heads up! Learn something new everyday!

damned
February 26th, 2018, 23:52
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I was picking up my dice and leaving. I really love Starfinder, and am eager to see the mod mature. I'm sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I wasn't.

I created an NPC for a module I'm imputting (Planet Death, from "The Dice Decide," sold through Paizo's site) which is a large sand snake. When I create the NPC in the NPCs window, I set its size and reach both as 10. When I pin the encounter to the map and pre-place the snake's token, it places as normal size. When I then drop the encounter into the combat tracker, I can drag the snake from the combat tracker onto the map and it scales appropriately, as large.

Am I doing something wrong? This is entirely possible... I'm still learning Fantasy Grounds.

There are only a certain number of sizes supported in FG - I think up to 5. I wrote a quick extension to support some larger sizes somewhere...

Blahness98
February 27th, 2018, 02:00
There are only a certain number of sizes supported in FG - I think up to 5. I wrote a quick extension to support some larger sizes somewhere...

Size doesn't matter really when dealing with the scaling of the token. See below..

Unfortunately, this is something that is CoreRPG based (granted, I am using my experience from Pathfinder for reference). When you are pre-placing the token from the encounter, it is just that, a token. When you press the triangle to put them onto the tracker, this changes them into actors. If there is a grid set on the map, the token should have the shading for it's reach. However, since it was placed on the map prior to being on the map, it will not resize. The moment you drag the token from the CT to the map, it will resize and scale properly. After the thing is on the map, you can then use the proper boxes to adjust the space/reach. Once again, the token will not resize until refreshed upon the map.

ragnaroc1011
February 27th, 2018, 04:02
Creating a Soldier tonight to start in a lvl 2 campaign. Equipped Thinplate on him. He has heavy armor Prof and 14 str. The thinplate dropped his STR to 1. I unequipped the Thinplate and my STR returned to 14. As a test I made a Mechanic with the same 14 Str and equipped Thinplate on him. Same result. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

jwfitt
February 27th, 2018, 08:09
Creating new NPCs and adjusting their Statistics -> Ability Scores does not appear to update the Ability Score Bonus values at all. However, when rolling them, it appears the actual bonus value is in there and correct. See image:

jwfitt
February 27th, 2018, 08:17
Blind-Fight shows up in the Core Rulebook Reference Manual, but is missing from the actual Feat list. See image:

ragnaroc1011
February 27th, 2018, 16:22
Blind-Fight shows up in the Core Rulebook Reference Manual, but is missing from the actual Feat list. See image:

It is not missing, just mis-spelled. The mis-spell in the feats is "Fight". The word Blind is missing. I made an earlier post about this and another Mis-spelled feat, In Harm's Way, which is mis-spelled "s Way" on the feat list.

ragnaroc1011
February 27th, 2018, 16:35
Found an issue with Backpacks and Encumbered. Seems on the initial purchase of a backpack, it does not increase the amount of bulk you can carry. If you cycle the carried/equipped/not carried button, it then updates the unencumbered/encumbered/Over burdened stats correctly. Issue is, that even though it updates the stats, the system is not taking the correct stats to use. It is still using the stats of your character without the pack. On the below picture, even though it states my unencumbered bulk to be 7 with my pack, it is marking me as encumbered as my original bulk without the backpack is 5.

ddavison
February 27th, 2018, 16:41
Thanks everyone. Keep the list coming and let us know if you are reporting from the LIVE channel or the TEST channel.

We have a new build in the TEST channel that addresses a number of these issues. If anyone wants to test those, you can switch your Settings to TEST, run an Update and then retest. To switch back, just change your Settings back to LIVE mode and then re-run an Update.

We hope to move it from TEST to LIVE on Tuesday (March 6).

ragnaroc1011
February 27th, 2018, 17:01
I will do that now to test all I have posted. Thank you and your team for the diligence!

ragnaroc1011
February 27th, 2018, 17:09
Thanks everyone. Keep the list coming and let us know if you are reporting from the LIVE channel or the TEST channel.

We have a new build in the TEST channel that addresses a number of these issues. If anyone wants to test those, you can switch your Settings to TEST, run an Update and then retest. To switch back, just change your Settings back to LIVE mode and then re-run an Update.

We hope to move it from TEST to LIVE on Tuesday (March 6).

Testing on test environment.

Encumbrance/backpack issue I have previously stated (2 posts ago) is also an issue on the test server.
Blind Fight Feat on Test Server is Misspelled. Called "Fight" on test server.
In Harm's Way Feat is Misspelled on Test Server. Called "s Way" on test server.

Creating a Soldier to start in a lvl 2 campaign. Equipped Thinplate on him. He has heavy armor Prof and 14 str. The thinplate dropped his STR to 1. I unequipped the Thinplate and my STR returned to 14. As a test I made a Mechanic with the same 14 Str and equipped Thinplate on him. Same result. Looked and noticed within the Stats Magnifying glass, when you equip Thinplate it puts a -13 mod onto your STR. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Also an issue on test server

Blahness98
February 27th, 2018, 22:30
See my notes on the effects tags a few posts above. They do not work, or I don't have the correct syntax, on the Test channel.

ragnaroc1011
March 1st, 2018, 18:37
Levellng a Soldier and I noticed that Bullet Barrage Gear Boost is missing from the Soldier list. We should be getting the option to take this gear boost at level 3.

Treviron Riaxx
March 1st, 2018, 19:30
I can confirm that while it is in the reference manual in the gear boost ability section. It is completely missing from the soldiers class drag and drop form for pc creation.

ragnaroc1011
March 2nd, 2018, 01:13
While making my Operative I found another missing Feat. Multi-Weapon Fighting is not on the feat list in FG.

jwfitt
March 2nd, 2018, 07:28
As far as I can tell there is no option to set the attack type for a spell to be vs KAC or EAC, it seems to be hard-set to KAC.
Example: 22484

Blacklamb
March 2nd, 2018, 07:34
As far as I can tell there is no option to set the attack type for a spell to be vs KAC or EAC, it seems to be hard-set to KAC.
Example: 22484

I don’t have my computer on me by you don’t use ranged I believe the correct one to use is r touch, I would play around with the attack type till you get it.

ragnaroc1011
March 2nd, 2018, 14:14
I don’t have my computer on me by you don’t use ranged I believe the correct one to use is r touch, I would play around with the attack type till you get it.

That is correct. RTouch will designate the AC to be EAC.

jwfitt
March 2nd, 2018, 14:26

R Touch did the trick. Cheers!

AlanCole
March 2nd, 2018, 21:30
Situation: The GM has purchased the Ultimate License as well as the StarFinder Core rules. I have a license and the StartFinder core rules purchased as well.

We both started a campaign with StarFinder Rules. I created my character that I want to play in his upcoming campaign. I exported the character and then emailed it to him. He imported the character and the "Speed" is no longer 30 (as it should be) but zero(0).

This is re-creatable on my system as well. If I export the char, then delete the char and then import the char that I just exported ... the speed is listed as zero.

Thanks,
Alan

Samarex
March 2nd, 2018, 23:24

I will look at this. Ii didnt relize they get a choice at creation.
But the only thing affected by key ability at creation is your Resolve points. So if you do as stated below and open your Abilities editor and change your key stat. Then just take a Overnight rest it will update your Resolve using the new key abilities stat.

Samarex

Samarex
March 2nd, 2018, 23:41
It is not missing, just mis-spelled. The mis-spell in the feats is "Fight". The word Blind is missing. I made an earlier post about this and another Mis-spelled feat, In Harm's Way, which is mis-spelled "s Way" on the feat list.

Both have been fixed. Should show with next Core Rules Book update.

Samarex

Samarex
March 3rd, 2018, 02:56
Found an issue with Backpacks and Encumbered. Seems on the initial purchase of a backpack, it does not increase the amount of bulk you can carry. If you cycle the carried/equipped/not carried button, it then updates the unencumbered/encumbered/Over burdened stats correctly. Issue is, that even though it updates the stats, the system is not taking the correct stats to use. It is still using the stats of your character without the pack. On the below picture, even though it states my unencumbered bulk to be 7 with my pack, it is marking me as encumbered as my original bulk without the backpack is 5.

Encumbrance Rating not changing at the right number has been fixed.

The Encumbrance changing when you buy a new backpack not changing until you cycle the Carried Icon- I will work on this its giving me problems finding why it don't update when you drop it in your inventory. But if you cycle the Icon or even add another Item the encumbrance will update.

I will find it and get it fixed as soon as I can.

The first one you should see on the update to live.

Samarex

Samarex
March 3rd, 2018, 03:14
Testing on test environment.

Encumbrance/backpack issue I have previously stated (2 posts ago) is also an issue on the test server.

Creating a Soldier to start in a lvl 2 campaign. Equipped Thinplate on him. He has heavy armor Prof and 14 str. The thinplate dropped his STR to 1. I unequipped the Thinplate and my STR returned to 14. As a test I made a Mechanic with the same 14 Str and equipped Thinplate on him. Same result. Looked and noticed within the Stats Magnifying glass, when you equip Thinplate it puts a -13 mod onto your STR. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Also an issue on test server

The Encumbrance Rating has been fixed-
The Value not changing until you cycle I will have to find- But its minor for now. You can Cycle the Icon or add another Item either will update the Encumbrance Values.

Both Fixed.

Fixed data was 1 slot off.

Should see in next update.

Samarex

Samarex
March 3rd, 2018, 03:28
Levellng a Soldier and I noticed that Bullet Barrage Gear Boost is missing from the Soldier list. We should be getting the option to take this gear boost at level 3.

Fixed----

Samarex
March 3rd, 2018, 03:37
While making my Operative I found another missing Feat. Multi-Weapon Fighting is not on the feat list in FG.

Fixed