PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Ruleset Official Products bug Reports

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

stephan_
September 2nd, 2019, 23:27
Onn that note, the habitat box from the Armory also seems to be missing.

Samarex
September 3rd, 2019, 00:20
I added both the Armor and Box missing to my update list.

brunocalado
September 3rd, 2019, 15:07
Effects aren't work for starfinder.

1. A create a spell.
2. I put this one on a NPC
3. I set DC and effects.
4. Send the NPC to CT
5. Opened the NPC from CT.
6. My settings were lost.

Please fix it.

Athenos
September 3rd, 2019, 22:36
While on the things that are currently missing. In this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44733-Starfinder-Armory) is was mentioned that the player options on chapter 2 was going to be delayed. Was it ever published? I cannot for the life of me see any of the player options from the Armory for any of the classes. The last time the mentioned thread was updated was November 2018

Also the fighting style "Gloom Gunner" from Starfinder #12: Heart of Night is not showing up when adding the first soldier level to a character

Samarex
September 3rd, 2019, 23:48
While on the things that are currently missing. In this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44733-Starfinder-Armory) is was mentioned that the player options on chapter 2 was going to be delayed. Was it ever published? I cannot for the life of me see any of the player options from the Armory for any of the classes. The last time the mentioned thread was updated was November 2018

Also the fighting style "Gloom Gunner" from Starfinder #12: Heart of Night is not showing up when adding the first soldier level to a character

First, Sorry I was not aware that the Armory Class features was not working. They were added in 1.0.12 and were working. Did not know that they stopped working.
I am looking into it now.
[Edited] What server are you on Live or Test? The system work fine on Live all the features from other books get pulled in. Test server there seems to be a problem as this function is no longer working. Trying to narrow it down. Might be a issue with 3.3.9
Second, I do the Ruleset and the Source books. the AP's are done by others. I was not made aware that there was a class option in the AP.

Samarex
September 4th, 2019, 03:01
First, Sorry I was not aware that the Armory Class features was not working. They were added in 1.0.12 and were working. Did not know that they stopped working.
I am looking into it now.
[Edited] What server are you on Live or Test? The system work fine on Live all the features from other books get pulled in. Test server there seems to be a problem as this function is no longer working. Trying to narrow it down. Might be a issue with 3.3.9
Second, I do the Ruleset and the Source books. the AP's are done by others. I was not made aware that there was a class option in the AP.

Good afternoon. Everything has been figured out. It was a issue with the Armory.mod file. I have corrected it and sent in request to be pushed to update.

DDM869
September 7th, 2019, 21:31
When my players roll any Profession skill, they receive this error message.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1173: attempt to index local 'rSkill' (a nil value)

We tested it on new characters and old, all received an error message.

Samarex
September 7th, 2019, 23:19
When my players roll any Profession skill, they receive this error message.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1173: attempt to index local 'rSkill' (a nil value)

We tested it on new characters and old, all received an error message.

Yes, this was reported in the thread for 1.0.15, and I have it fixed.
Fixing a couple other bugs and will push out for update.

One of them is the bug for mixing short and long damage types, IE B,nonlethal or having a (1d6 B) and a effect DMGTYPE:nonlethal it now converts these right.
And the nonlethal now work s right, when the target is taken to 0 with nonlethal it become unconscious and stable with the proper effect applied.

deer_buster
September 9th, 2019, 04:36
Human linked window: Ability Mods shows "ny one +2", instead of "Any one +2".

Also, if you drag the Ace Pilot theme from the character sheet to the hot bar, the hot bar label comes across incorrectly as (e.g., Human, instead of Ace Pilot), but the link works correctly..

Human skill rank bonus does not apply correctly (Human Operative with +1 INT should have 10, not 9)
Operative Specialization (Hacker) does not apply +3 insight bonus to related skills (Computers, Engineering)
Ace Pilot Operative does not apply the +1 bonus to Piloting skill.

Samarex
September 9th, 2019, 06:11
Human linked window: Ability Mods shows "ny one +2", instead of "Any one +2".

Also, if you drag the Ace Pilot theme from the character sheet to the hot bar, the hot bar label comes across incorrectly as (e.g., Human, instead of Ace Pilot), but the link works correctly..

Human skill rank bonus does not apply correctly (Human Operative with +1 INT should have 10, not 9)
Operative Specialization (Hacker) does not apply +3 insight bonus to related skills (Computers, Engineering)
Ace Pilot Operative does not apply the +1 bonus to Piloting skill.

What books are you using, I tried with both the GM books and Players books and can not repeat any of his.

Except the last two.
The actual skill bonuses for everything do not Auto Apply, This was because of the vast difference in wording of things thru out SF is going to take a Complete rewrite of the parsing system with in the rule set for that level of automation.
Yes some could easy be done but others could not at this point. So instead of Auto adding some and not others would make things confusing as to what was added and what was not. We decided to leave that part manual.

deer_buster
September 9th, 2019, 06:30
Issue appears to only affect characters generated prior to the 1.0.15 update. Probable best to create a new character and update side-by-side

deer_buster
September 11th, 2019, 01:10
Effect applied (SKILL: 1, insight) does not apply to Trick Attack action correctly.

Samarex
September 11th, 2019, 02:13
Effect applied (SKILL: 1, insight) does not apply to Trick Attack action correctly.

Verified Correct, I will look at it.
It works if the skill is rolled from the Skill sheet but not from the Ability actions on the Actions Tab. I will look into it.

Thanks
Samarex

Athenos
September 17th, 2019, 23:19
New bug. When adding paizo class levels to a character, the Class Abilities you get a various levels are not automatically added to the "Class Abilities Tab" under "Abilities" in my current campaign. My Homebrew classes are adding class abilities as normal though.

Tested on a new campaign. Everything is working as normal on this one, but not my old current one

Update 2: everything seems to be working again in my current campaign

Samarex
September 18th, 2019, 12:46
Rev 1.0.15a Coming

I have been fixing some reported bugs and ideas from you all. This update is pending pushed to TEST Server.
Some of the Fixes.

[1.0.15a] Fixed
[Skills] Profession Skills no longer get console error
[Combat] Mixed DAMTYPE Short/Long now convert correct.
[Combat] Effect DMGTYPE can now add to short damage type from weapon.
[Combat] Fixed damage type "nonlethal" Will now put Uncon/Stable/Prone on the target if the damage that put him at 0 HP was non-lethal.
[Actions Tab] Added Uses Per Day (Per Ability) Can set how many times a day when in Prep mode. Standard Mode will have that many bubbles.
-- This is Per Ability not Per Section like Spells, so when you check off one use it does not affect the other abilities in that section.
[Actions Tab] Sections (Old Level Header) now have a writable Name
[Actions Tab] Class Block now only has one Number Box to set the number of sections per Group
--With the last two changes the Actions Tab Ability Section is completely user configurable.
---# of Groups, # of Sections per Group, as many abilities as you want per Section, Each Ability Configurable Uses per Day if needed. All can be Named what the user wants to name them.
[Fixed] Effect ABIL: and DEX: CON: ect.. now work correct again.
[Fixed] Effect SKILL: now works with Ability system.
[CHAT] Cleaned up how Abilities report to Chat (Much cleaner looking)
[ADD] Added Opposed Check option for Ability Checks (When selected the roll will go to chat and the result line will say I.E Check [26] -- [OPPOSED CHECK] -> {tARGET}
--This tells the GM that the Ability has a Opposed Check and he can make his Check and pass out the results.
[FIXED] Ability check using a Skill now adjust correct if the Ability Stat for the Skill has a effect. I.E Ability uses Stealth Skill and the user has the effect DEX:-2.

----

Samarex
September 18th, 2019, 13:02

Ok I have fixed this issue the SKILL:1, insight works it will add 1 but that affect should not be applied to Trick Attack, Your skill you use for trick attack already has a +3 insight bonus from Skill Focus feat from your Specialization.

At this point there is no code that will allow us to track what bonus types/value are applied to a Skill, so no way to prevent that from going in.
As far as I understand insight bonus's do not stack. So adding that effect would give you a +3 and +1 insight.

I do have on my list to add Bonus types to Skills so you can track what types you have, When that's done we should be able to look at the skill and see if it already has that type and if it does use which ever is bigger.

msbranin
September 20th, 2019, 04:20
OK V1.0.15a Corerules and the ruined cloud AP enabled Every Attack I try ends up in the following errors.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:566: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'dcbase' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:566: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'dcbase' (a nil value)
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

No matter what character I attack with. PCs and NPCs alike.

Samarex
September 20th, 2019, 04:38
OK V1.0.15a Corerules and the ruined cloud AP enabled Every Attack I try ends up in the following errors.

No matter what character I attack with. PCs and NPCs alike.

Fixed issue. has to set a default if the target did not have those fields.

Hope to get it updated to Test soon.

This is now on Test.......

Athenos
September 22nd, 2019, 14:49
New old bug.

Tried exporting my homebrew module and start a new campaign. When creating characters, "Class Abilities" from paizo classes are not added automatically as I add levels.

Here is what the chat roll says when I add a mechanic level:

One level of class 'Mechanic' added to ''.
Max Stamina adjusted to .(7)
Starting Hit points for Mechanic added to ''. (6)
Starting Stamina points for Mechanic added to ''. (7)
+2 bonus added to 'Fortitude' saving throw for ''.
+2 bonus added to 'Reflex' saving throw for ''.
Skill ranks for class 'Mechanic' added to ''. (4+0)
Class skills added to ''. (Athletics, Perception, Computers, Physical Science, Engineering, Piloting, Medicine, Profession (Cha, Int, or Wis))

I tried to press "update all" on the Classes screen to see if it would fix it (you never know) and I get the following error message:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:33: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I also get the error when launching this campaign, but not on any other campaign using the same ruleset

EDIT: I also get the error when attempting to load/reload the Starfinder Core Rulebook module on this campaign

Samarex
September 22nd, 2019, 22:44
New old bug.

Tried exporting my homebrew module and start a new campaign. When creating characters, "Class Abilities" from paizo classes are not added automatically as I add levels.

Here is what the chat roll says when I add a mechanic level:

I tried to press "update all" on the Classes screen to see if it would fix it (you never know) and I get the following error message:

I also get the error when launching this campaign, but not on any other campaign using the same ruleset

EDIT: I also get the error when attempting to load/reload the Starfinder Core Rulebook module on this campaign

Can you zip up the campaign that is erroring, and the exported module, so I can take a look and see whats going on?
[email protected]
Thanks

Athenos
September 22nd, 2019, 22:50
done

goodmanje
September 27th, 2019, 13:16
I noticed the Dredger claw attacks in Fate of The Fifth are being made against the PC's EAC instead of KAC. Thanks

msbranin
October 11th, 2019, 17:36
I posted another thread but figured it needed to be in the bug reports section , the mini character sheets do not have a spot to track resolve points. there is room on the sheet where the hit points and stamina are to add a section for resolve.

deer_buster
October 11th, 2019, 19:54
I posted another thread but figured it needed to be in the bug reports section , the mini character sheets do not have a spot to track resolve points. there is room on the sheet where the hit points and stamina are to add a section for resolve.

That's no bug. It's a feature request.

msbranin
October 11th, 2019, 20:07
Ok, I figured it was more of a bug since the sheet is completely missing a needed component. But if we want to move this to somewhere else then I can delete the message.

brunocalado
October 11th, 2019, 21:10
Hi.

FG still not allowing to add weapon. Can you fix it please?

deer_buster
October 11th, 2019, 21:16
Although it might be convenient to have the RP there, the minisheet is not throwing an error, or calculating a value incorrectly. Therefore it is a feature request. The main character sheet has the RP on it, which is a requirement for the ruleset, which if missing would make it a bug. :)

Trenloe
October 11th, 2019, 21:25
Hi.

That right-click menu option works fine for me (adds a blank weapon entry). You can also add weapons from the edit menu - click the pencil in the bottom right of the Actions tab.

What exactly isn't working for you?

deer_buster
October 11th, 2019, 21:25
Hi.

Looks like that's a button there....what happens when you click on it? I've tested it from both the Host and Client and it works fine. Are you on the live branch? What extensions do you have loading?

msbranin
October 11th, 2019, 21:32
When you click on the add weapon button.... nothing happens.. No blank entry is added. It simply does ... nothing. The menu goes away but nothing is added.

Version info is in the pic and the only extension running is the font extension

CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.9 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC

That said I was on the test branch, Checking Live now. Live branch does the same thing. Click the add weapon and the add weapon menu goes away but nothing is added. And for the "helpers" here I did not report this. I am just confirming that on my end I am getting the exact same issue as the op.

brunocalado
October 11th, 2019, 21:42
Looks like that's a button there....what happens when you click on it? I've tested it from both the Host and Client and it works fine. Are you on the live branch? What extensions do you have loading?

Hello.

This problem happens for some time. It started after an update.

- I disabled all exts and tried again. No success.
- I only use Live for my games.

https://gyazo.com/4940790599a2c72505ae0871af18a4cf

deer_buster
October 11th, 2019, 21:47
You need to change the mode (at the bottom) to "Preparation", as weapons that are "Carried" do not show when in "Standard" mode.

msbranin
October 11th, 2019, 21:52
Changing it to preparation on my end fixed the issue. Thanks. Hope it fixed the ops issue. Wish we had a wiki like the other systems. That is a good thing to know. I have never had to add a weapon like that so I have never encountered that issue before.

brunocalado
October 11th, 2019, 21:54
You need to change the mode (at the bottom) to "Preparation", as weapons that are "Carried" do not show when in "Standard" mode.

It worked. Thank you.

Samarex
October 11th, 2019, 22:22
Ok it should swith you to Prep mode if you use the edit button at the bottom to add a weapon.
I think I missed the right click part
I will look.and get it fixed ASAP

deer_buster
October 12th, 2019, 00:24
I have never had to add a weapon like that so I have never encountered that issue before.

Most of the time adding via inventory is sufficient. I've only done it for testing.

Samarex
October 12th, 2019, 01:45
Wish we had a wiki like the other systems.

We do have a Wiki but its out of date so not putting it out to its location.
Its on the todo list to update.

brunocalado
October 12th, 2019, 12:28
Changing it to preparation on my end fixed the issue. Thanks. Hope it fixed the ops issue. Wish we had a wiki like the other systems. That is a good thing to know. I have never had to add a weapon like that so I have never encountered that issue before.

Before ammo be blocked from Actions, I didn't need too.

But, I use ammo on Actions to count ammo. You can see on the image.

deer_buster
October 12th, 2019, 22:00
Batteries are not weapons. If you want to keep track of them in that way, add your battery to your actions

Marswipp
October 13th, 2019, 23:27
[CRB] When the Profession skills were changed, they became disconnected from the entries. Consolidate entries to "Profession (INT/WIS/CHA)" and link to new handling?

[Armory] Armory vehicle template prices are wildly truncated. All entries are missing at least three digits, and the 1M+ credit ones are missing six. Table 1-36: Vehicles of Starfinder Armory has the expected prices.

dpezet
October 14th, 2019, 03:34
The description for the Uplifted Bear race from Alien Archive 2 appears to be truncated. If you go to Data -> Starfinder Alien Archive 2 -> RACES -> Uplifted Bear -> Other you get a description that starts half way through the fifth paragraph of the description in the physical book. The full description is correct on the NPC entries at Data -> Starfinder Alien Archive 2 -> NPCs -> Bear, Uplifted Avenger -> Other and the same for Uplifted Bear Constellate.

On a side note, thank you so much for maintaining the Starfinder content. Keep up the great work!

Don

dpezet
October 14th, 2019, 03:58
The description for the Bolidas race in Alien Archive 2 appears to be truncated as well. Going to Data -> Starfinder Alien Archive 2 -> NPCs -> Bolida Miner -> Other shows the full description from the physical book. Going to Data -> Starfinder Alien Archive 2 -> RACES -> Bolida shows just the last paragraph from the NPC entry. The Other tab just has two images and no further description.

Samarex
October 15th, 2019, 09:52
For PCs Only NPC are fine.
When rolling a natural 20 it just reports [AUTOMATIC HIT] and doe not register a Critical hit.

I will look into this ASAP and have it fixed for next update.

Marswipp
October 19th, 2019, 18:41
[Rule set]New bonus breakdown on the character sheet would benefit from a tooltip on abbreviation hover. Some players could get lost without an explanatory note in the notes section.

deer_buster
October 19th, 2019, 20:43
[Rule set]New bonus breakdown on the character sheet would benefit from a tooltip on abbreviation hover. Some players could get lost without an explanatory note in the notes section.

Already part of next update

Damon
October 20th, 2019, 10:33
Browsed this thread for a bit and it seems an old issue may have re-appeared again:

All attacks/weapons are showing as "non-prof." penalty of -4 to the roll. Even though Proficiency ability is listed in the Abilities tab and on the Proficiency list on that tab. No way to adjust or mark on Actions tab. So every attack gets a -4 on it.

This is the case for me since last week and deleting then re-dropping the proficiency on the sheet does not seem to solve the issue. Also, editing the proficiency itself does not solve the issue.

EDIT: My apologies for missing this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51296-Weapon-Proficiency&highlight=starfinder+weapon+proficiency), that indeed solves the problem.

I'll go hide in a corner now :-)

Stadlerc
October 22nd, 2019, 00:56
When the user does damage to lets say a Glitch Gremlin with the spell "Overheat", by default the Gremlin will take half damage from the attack. This is because the default is set to Spell Damage (Yes) which adds a second type of damage to the attack.. I.E [Fire, Spell(2d8)]. This should ONLY contain the fire damage type when inflicting damage to the gremlin..

Example..
Sargon: [DAMAGE] Overheat [TYPE: fire, spell (2d8=9)] [2d8 = 9]
Damage [5] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Wounded]

After selecting the Spell Damage and turning it off...
Sargon: [DAMAGE] Overheat [TYPE: fire (2d8=3)] [2d8 = 3]
Damage [0] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [RESISTED] [STATUS: ]

Stadlerc
October 22nd, 2019, 01:03
IF the DM restores hitpoints to a dead creature in starfinder, that creature still puts out the effect message for not having resolve points. See the combat log below.. This should be that if the goblins status is anything but DEAD, the effect message should not appear

Sargon: [DAMAGE (M)] Staff, battle [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=3)] [1d4 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Healthy]
Sargon: [DAMAGE (M)] Staff, battle [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=2)] [1d4 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Wounded]
Sargon: [DAMAGE (M)] Staff, battle [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=1)] [1d4 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Wounded]
Sargon: [DAMAGE (M)] Staff, battle [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=4)] [1d4 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [3] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Heavy]
Effect ['Dying'] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch]
Damage [4] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Dead]

---GM SETS THE DAMAGE TO THE GOBLIN TO 0

Effect ['Dead [No Resolve]'] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch]
Damage [2] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Healthy]

msbranin
October 22nd, 2019, 01:21
IF the DM restores hitpoints to a dead creature in starfinder, that creature still puts out the effect message for not having resolve points. See the combat log below.. This should be that if the goblins status is anything but DEAD, the effect message should not appear

Damage [3] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Healthy]
Damage [2] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Wounded]
Sargon: [DAMAGE (M)] Staff, battle [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=1)] [1d4 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Wounded]
Damage [4] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Heavy]
Damage [3] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Heavy]
Effect ['Dying'] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch]
Damage [4] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Dead]

---GM SETS THE DAMAGE TO THE GOBLIN TO 0

Effect ['Dead [No Resolve]'] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch]
Damage [2] -> [to Gremlin, Ship Glitch] [STATUS: Healthy]

you also have to remove the Dead[No Resolve] effect from the creature in the combat tracker. Click the effects button for the creature and hit the trashcan for the effect you want to kill

xanstin
October 23rd, 2019, 02:39
Disregard. I reopened FG and no issues

Blacklamb
October 24th, 2019, 21:52
I think I have found a few bugs when I have been rebuilding my players characters to deal with the massive positive changes to sheets. I am running ruleset 1.2.0.

All the existing skill modifiers were wiped out, I had to go recalculate them all. Not horrible but it would have been nice to have numbers to compare to.

My Operative 6 / Mystic 1 could spend one rank on their specialization skills letting them have 7 ranks but it did not show the points spent

Making a Combat Drone I get this error "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:3083: attempt to index local 'sSourceClassKeyAbility' (a nil value)" each time I drag a level of the class on it. I does not then add the health or abilities.

Samarex
October 24th, 2019, 22:06
All the existing skill modifiers were wiped out, I had to go recalculate them all. Not horrible but it would have been nice to have numbers to compare to.
Sorry,didnt get the migration code in to set those in the Misc box of the edit mode.

My Operative 6 / Mystic 1 could spend one rank on their specialization skills letting them have 7 ranks but it did not show the points spent

We have a update comming that fixes this issue

Making a Combat Drone I get this error "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:3083: attempt to index local 'sSourceClassKeyAbility' (a nil value)" each time I drag a level of the class on it. I does not then add the health or abilities.
I will take a look at this

Blacklamb
October 24th, 2019, 22:10
Thank you for all your hard work on this.

Samarex
October 24th, 2019, 22:46

No problem,
Doing a couple changes to how the sharing of a Companion works to make tbings less confusing,
I will verify the Skill issue is fixed and look at the Drone issue.
Once thats all done I will push out a update along with a Video showing how the Companion System works.

Samarex
October 24th, 2019, 23:29

I just created all three Drone Classes and Im not getting the script error (Open the Ability Stat editor and make sure there's a Key Ability assigned).

There are some issues I am see with the Drone Classes (I will revisit Drones when I get caught up)

Samarex
October 25th, 2019, 02:45

We have a update comming that fixes this issue

Both these issues have been resolved.

I will get it out as soon as I can.

IsThatAllUGot
October 27th, 2019, 02:56
What does your strength have to be to not get the -2 modifier on attack rolls. My bulk carry is less than half of strength and i am still getting -2.

IsThatAllUGot
October 27th, 2019, 02:58
I also cannot drop my drift engine or power core onto starship build sheet.

jrock1
October 27th, 2019, 04:17
Hi, I observed an issue with the Weapon Specialization feat. The damage wasn't being applied to my Operative's (can't confirm other classes atm) small arm (zero, frostbite class). My Operative is Level 8; therefore, the damage bonus should be +4 for said small arm, but may be different depending on the weapon type. Can you check on this? Note that the classes' weapon proficiencies grant specialization at a certain class level automatically.

deer_buster
October 27th, 2019, 04:44
Weapon specializations are something that is being worked on for an upcoming release. So, for now, you need to add that to your damage29587

deer_buster
October 27th, 2019, 04:46

Could you please provide the steps you took to cause this to happen. Unable to reproduce.

deer_buster
October 27th, 2019, 04:47
What does your strength have to be to not get the -2 modifier on attack rolls. My bulk carry is less than half of strength and i am still getting -2.

Can you PM your character XML so I can take a look?

Samarex
October 27th, 2019, 16:36
Hi, I observed an issue with the Weapon Specialization feat. The damage wasn't being applied to my Operative's (can't confirm other classes atm) small arm (zero, frostbite class). My Operative is Level 8; therefore, the damage bonus should be +4 for said small arm, but may be different depending on the weapon type. Can you check on this? Note that the classes' weapon proficiencies grant specialization at a certain class level automatically.

Specialization has not been automated yet, its on our list for near future.

ZorkMgork
October 27th, 2019, 19:13
Check to make sure you arent a tiny creature trying to use some huge weapon out of your strength abilities, also try removing and re-adding proficiencies with said weapon.

If your getting a "WARNING: Adding 'Signal Basic' to (Ship name) - starship size is not supported" Error, i was having the same problem and was able to circumvent this by creating a custom starship item by
drag-dropping into the starship item's window
unlocking the stats, and then altering the "Max. Size" Variable to "Colossal" and just use that for my drift engine

jrock1
October 27th, 2019, 22:44
Not sure if this is the right place to post Starfinder AP issues, but I just came across one... I just purchased Dawn of Flame AP1 "Fire Starters," and there is a miss-print for 0.01.14. Psolarium, it reads the same as 0.1.15. Seeker Shelter. Psolarium has it's own description on page 43 of the AP. Can this be corrected please?

Stadlerc
October 27th, 2019, 23:36
When a PC adds a Profession to their character, if you click on the link on the character sheet, you get the message "Unable to find skill record with the correct name". As there is an entry in the players handbook for "Profession", the link created on the sheet should point to their.

WORKAROUND:
This is a MINOR inconvenience as the user can look up the skill on the player handbook

madman
October 28th, 2019, 00:15
Thanks for pointing that out. (Fire Starters) I will get it fixed..

Samarex
October 28th, 2019, 01:35
When a PC adds a Profession to their character, if you click on the link on the character sheet, you get the message "Unable to find skill record with the correct name". As there is an entry in the players handbook for "Profession", the link created on the sheet should point to their.

WORKAROUND:
This is a MINOR inconvenience as the user can look up the skill on the player handbook

I will have to figure out something for this as players will rename the skill so it loses it link.
But until I get that if you have the player create a extra Profession skill and the add (Int), (Wis) or (Cha) which ever apples to the name (leave it 0 ranks) they can use that one to get the Desc pop-up.

I have added it to the list to Fix.

IsThatAllUGot
October 28th, 2019, 21:53
Considering it is the first ship you will probably build as starting character it might be a priority to get the signal basic drift engine working to fit on explorer frame.

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 01:01
Considering it is the first ship you will probably build as starting character it might be a priority to get the signal basic drift engine working to fit on explorer frame.

Fixed in v 1.2.2

xanstin
October 29th, 2019, 04:42
Something I just noticed recently when you clear all initiatives it doesn't reset the round to 1 and clear the turn, it just simply removes initiative roll values. It doesn't work like 5E ruleset does, is there a way to reset the CT?

Ulric
October 30th, 2019, 03:28
I created a Soldier with Blitz ability and then dragged the class feature Rapid Response to the Class abilities section. This should have give +4 to initiative and +10 to move but it did not do this.

I also noticed that the character was automatically given a feat but that does not happen until Level 2

deer_buster
October 30th, 2019, 04:57
I created a Soldier with Blitz ability and then dragged the class feature Rapid Response to the Class abilities section. This should have give +4 to initiative and +10 to move but it did not do this.

I also noticed that the character was automatically given a feat but that does not happen until Level 2

You gain a feat at first level by default. Humans gain a bonus one.

A lot of the class features and feats still need to be automated, and we're working on them as fast as we can.

deer_buster
October 30th, 2019, 05:09
Something I just noticed recently when you clear all initiatives it doesn't reset the round to 1 and clear the turn, it just simply removes initiative roll values. It doesn't work like 5E ruleset does, is there a way to reset the CT?

Shouldn't have been that way. I've got a fix coming in v1.2.2

IsThatAllUGot
October 30th, 2019, 15:24
I seem to be getting a -4 modifier for entangled condition instead of -2.

deer_buster
October 30th, 2019, 16:38
I seem to be getting a -4 modifier for entangled condition instead of -2.

I'm getting -2 with the Entangled condition. Could you be experiencing another condition or something? Can you send a copy of your campaign and steps to reproduce?

jrock1
November 2nd, 2019, 04:34
Just finished a game session an observed a damage calculation issue. When I rolled a crit (nat 20) it did not double my successful Trick Attack damage. I was surprised when I didn't get a "shower" of dice for the damage roll. Please advise.

Samarex
November 2nd, 2019, 05:41
Just finished a game session an observed a damage calculation issue. When I rolled a crit (nat 20) it did not double my successful Trick Attack damage. I was surprised when I didn't get a "shower" of dice for the damage roll. Please advise.

We have that on the issues list- Until we get it fixed just roll your Trick attack Damage again.

But as a Side note a natural 20 is not always a [Crit Hit]. If the total roll exceeds the targets EAC or KAC then its a [CRIT] if lower it should be just report [AUTOMATIC HIT] (which just does normal damage).

Samarex
November 4th, 2019, 21:31
@All,
Good Morning, with the current status of FG to help us answer when your reporting a bug please include what your running
--FGC or FGU
--If FGC are you on Live or Test server.
--What SFRPG Revision is reported in chat.
This information lets us know where to look and how we need to set up to verify the issue.

Thank You

deer_buster
November 5th, 2019, 02:06
Please note...if you are running Fantasy Grounds Unity, ALL bug reports should remain in the Playtest forums for now.

jrock1
November 12th, 2019, 05:50
When tokens are locked (or unlocked), why can PCs request (or force) another player's move? Is there an option to turn this off or at least let the GM know that the request originated from a different player?

FGC, Live, latest Version available as of today

deer_buster
November 12th, 2019, 06:02
When tokens are locked (or unlocked), why can PCs request (or force) another player's move? Is there an option to turn this off or at least let the GM know that the request originated from a different player?

FGC, Live, latest Version available as of today

I don't think that is limited to SFRPG. And there isn't an option that I am aware of that prevents another player from requesting/moving someone's token. The GM should confirm the move with the player before accepting the move (IMHO).

Diablobob
November 13th, 2019, 15:42
I don't think that is limited to SFRPG. And there isn't an option that I am aware of that prevents another player from requesting/moving someone's token. The GM should confirm the move with the player before accepting the move (IMHO).

Currently that exists in all rulesets I’ve seen. Although it would be possible to set the token instance owner with an extension. Hmm.

Transbot9
November 14th, 2019, 01:36
Character ownership/selection is broken and broken bad. Somehow nobody maintained ownership of their character, so I cleared the ownership, and then when a player selects a character it says they own EVERY character. But the game won't let them access any character except the first one, and nobody else can access it. Attempting to clear a single character by the GM clears all character ownership. Players cannot release ownership. Sometimes when releasing it says it is owned by the server from the player's perspective but not all players can see it. It's in a weird all or nothing bug.

EDIT: Didn't know it had it's own thread.

xanstin
November 19th, 2019, 01:05
Core Rulebook Reference Manual

Technomancer Table 4-12

Missing 7th level 2 3rd level spells known.

CRB PG120

jrock1
November 19th, 2019, 04:51
Operatives are not receiving +3 to skills at level 7 for Operatives Edge. Please confirm.

deer_buster
November 19th, 2019, 05:02
Operatives are not receiving +3 to skills at level 7 for Operatives Edge. Please confirm.

That's correct. They don't receive their +1 either at level 1 unless you put in as Insight bonuses

jrock1
November 19th, 2019, 05:47
Can this be automated? Otherwise many players will miss it as I did. The error was caught via Hero Lab.

NoizDot
November 22nd, 2019, 12:56
Starting a couple weeks ago, all of my players are getting hit with "Non-Proficient" penalties for all their attacks (-4) so they have to manually add a +4 for all attacks

Samarex
November 22nd, 2019, 13:48
Starting a couple weeks ago, all of my players are getting hit with "Non-Proficient" penalties for all their attacks (-4) so they have to manually add a +4 for all attacks
@NoizDot
Have them re-drop the Weapon prof's on there character sheet again. This will update the record for the new code.

jrock1
November 22nd, 2019, 13:54

Our group had to remove and re-add each proficency to fix the issue.

Samarex
November 22nd, 2019, 14:02
Our group had to remove and re-add each proficency to fix the issue.

Its was stated in the release notes that this would need to be done to update characters.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51243-SFRPG-Rule-Set-Weekly-Update&p=455723&viewfull=1#post455723

Ulric
December 7th, 2019, 23:41
I posted a Starfinder bug that is only occurring in FGU. Here is the link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52629-FGU-Starfinder-unable-to-build-PC-starships

madman
December 9th, 2019, 04:31

madchappy
December 26th, 2019, 23:53
My whole group upgraded to the 12/26/19 update and we are getting script errors when we try drag in LEVELS on various class types. I tried clicking UPDATE ALL in the upper level of CLASSES and received the same script error they do. Any thoughts?

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:70: attempt to index local 'sClass' (a nil value)

Samarex
December 27th, 2019, 00:07
My whole group upgraded to the 12/26/19 update and we are getting script errors when we try drag in LEVELS on various class types. I tried clicking UPDATE ALL in the upper level of CLASSES and received the same script error they do. Any thoughts?

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:70: attempt to index local 'sClass' (a nil value)

We have pushed a quick update that fixed this error. one of the files did not update correct.

madchappy
December 27th, 2019, 02:09
We have pushed a quick update that fixed this error. one of the files did not update correct.

Thank you!! Oh we have also noticed the last few sessions the party cannot drag things from their character sheet into the party sheet. Not sure if this was changed or not.

Samarex
December 27th, 2019, 03:39
Thank you!! Oh we have also noticed the last few sessions the party cannot drag things from their character sheet into the party sheet. Not sure if this was changed or not.

This is verified, I will look into it.

Its a Client issue only, the GM can drg from the Character Sheet to the PS.
So if its important until I get it updated just have the GM drag it.

madchappy
January 3rd, 2020, 01:36
We were unable to roll for initiative tonight, as GM I had to manual add initiative all night. Also, as GM could not drag target selection onto targets in combat tracker without a script error. Could use CONTROL and click to add target.

Had a strange issue with video, if anyone has any suggestions, every time I went into unmask a map I lost my windows in Fantasy Grounds except my mouse pointed stayed with the eyeball pointer. I have my video card already set at dedicated for FG.

Thank you.

superteddy57
January 3rd, 2020, 03:54
Was this using the Ship Combat Extension and what version of the extension if so? Were these PC/NPCs or ships if using the extension?

Airanath
January 4th, 2020, 13:08
Got a few bugs:
Ruleset information: SFRPG ruleset v1.2.6, CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.9
#1:
I had my test biohacker attacking a Deh-Noloh(Starfinder Armory), and its needler was always dealing damage, despite the creatures DR 10/magic.
I proceeded to fiddle with the creature DR type and noticed the logic for DR is currently reversed, when I swapped its DR to DR 10/piercing, it started resisting piercing damage, when I swapped to slashing, its DR started applying to slash attacks but no longer blocked piercing. Finally, when I gave the Biohacker DMGTYPE:magic, DR 10 magic started blocking his damage.
In theory, for PF and SF, DR should reduce all damage types other than the specified one, which should be the bypass. So with DR 10/magic the Deh-Noloh should take reduced damage from all but magical weapon attacks.

For DR and Resistance there isn't currently a logic for negative modifiers.
Case:
Using the same creature as above, and a character buffed with DMGTYPE:magic, I applied a DR:-10 magic effect to the Deh-Noloh.
Then I proceeded to attack it with a magic attack dealing 10 DMG. This attack was fully resisted. The expected scenario was to deal full damage (dr 10 magic + (dr -10 magic) = dr 0 magic);
As an aditional test, I figured it either adds all instances of DRs or checks against all DRs it finds:
I declared a second buff, another DR:10 magic. (Now it has 2 instances of DR:10 magic) and attacked with an attack dealing 11 damage. This attack was resisted.

#3:
Adding a custom class is currently returning the following error (I tried both adding from zero, and creating a duplicate of an existing class, and just unlocking this duplicate for edit):

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:68: attempt to index local 'nodeFeatures' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:68: attempt to index local 'nodeFeatures' (a nil value)
This happened when I tried to add in the biohacker by hand, I found a bit after the playtest xml and used that instead for my tests.

Samarex
January 4th, 2020, 22:33
The scriot error is already fixed for next update.
DR is for B,S,P damage only...Other damage types use RESIST..
DR 10 should reduce any of the 3 damage types from the attacker.,
DR 10:piercing would reduce P damage only.

Samarex
January 5th, 2020, 21:27
The scriot error is already fixed for next update.
DR is for B,S,P damage only...Other damage types use RESIST..
DR 10 should reduce any of the 3 damage types from the attacker.,
DR 10:piercing would reduce P damage only.

I stand corrected, and will take a look at it.

deer_buster
January 6th, 2020, 05:16
As an aditional test, I figured it either adds all instances of DRs or checks against all DRs it finds:
I declared a second buff, another DR:10 magic. (Now it has 2 instances of DR:10 magic) and attacked with an attack dealing 11 damage. This attack was resisted.

This would be an abnormal condition that would not be checked for. As the player/GM you should only allow one DR effect to be active.

I've provided Samarex with a possible fix for the DR issues.

as a reference point for everyone...

Effects should be listed as:

DR: 10/- or just DR: 10 (for resistance to all kinetic damage)
DR: 10/silver (for resistance to all kinetic damage unless silver)
DR: 10/magic and good (for resistance to all kinetic damage unless both magic and good)

Weapon damage types should be listed as:

P, magic (for piercing and magic)
S, magic, good (for slashing, magic, and good)

Grungni
January 17th, 2020, 11:21
Hi,
wanted to create a player drone today, but no abilities were there anymore, on none of the three drone types. Is that a bug, or did I do something wrong?
Cheers!

Samarex
January 17th, 2020, 19:54
Hi,
wanted to create a player drone today, but no abilities were there anymore, on none of the three drone types. Is that a bug, or did I do something wrong?
Cheers!

I will look and see this morning as soon as I can turn in my PC.

Edited
[FIXED] Will go out in next update.

Grungni
January 18th, 2020, 12:34
I will look and see this morning as soon as I can turn in my PC.

Edited
[FIXED] Will go out in next update.

Awesome, thanks so much!

Fargen
January 18th, 2020, 21:01
Found this thread after but have a bug up under unity forum.
Operative class after selecting specialization Ghost only Stealth is given a free skill rank. Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53339-Starfinder-Operative-class-Ghost-Specialization-Missing-Free-Skill)

Fargen
January 18th, 2020, 21:51
Android Flat Affect Racial Trait should assign a -2 modifier to sense motive skill which does not get set after assigning.
In FGU.

Samarex
January 18th, 2020, 22:53
Android Flat Affect Racial Trait should assign a -2 modifier to sense motive skill which does not get set after assigning.
In FGU.

Go to your Skill tab and selecet the edit button and apply the -2 to the Racial block.
Most Aabilities amd traits are not applied automatically.

Samarex
January 18th, 2020, 22:53
Found this thread after but have a bug up under unity forum.
Operative class after selecting specialization Ghost only Stealth is given a free skill rank. Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53339-Starfinder-Operative-class-Ghost-Specialization-Missing-Free-Skill)

I will look at it

UPDATE
Tested in Classic everything is fine. (Updating Unity now and will test there.)

(I will post updates in the FGU Forum as it seems to be a FGU only issue (After I update of course))
Update
The issue is Resolved and will go out with Revision 2.0.0

Fargen
January 19th, 2020, 10:42
Samarex, you're awesome! Thank you!

Ulric
January 23rd, 2020, 20:30
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.9 for Fantasy Grounds, SFRPG ruleset v2.0.0 for Fantasy Grounds, No EXT installed.

NPC Starships marked "Invisible" on the GM SHIP COMBAT TRACKER is visible on the Players SHIP COMBAT TRACKER.

NPC Starship stats are visible on Player's SHIP COMBAT TRACKER.

superteddy57
January 24th, 2020, 00:45
When the NPC is visible it will show the full information of the ship as shown on the DM's side in terms of HP, Shields and so forth. That was built on purpose till status is implemented. As for it showing visible on the Client side when invisible, that is a bug and will be looked into.

superteddy57
January 24th, 2020, 01:30
Found issue and pushed a fix.Should be seeing that soon.

Ulric
January 24th, 2020, 01:57
Found issue and pushed a fix.Should be seeing that soon.

Thanks!

StStep
January 24th, 2020, 03:36
It looks like the "Rumors About the Swarm Invasion" table in "Attack of the Swarm AP 1" has entry 8 combined with entry 7

madman
January 24th, 2020, 03:54
Thanks for reporting this. I will get it fixed.

Serv
January 26th, 2020, 21:49
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the encumbered state is adding a -5 to attack rolls instead of just applying to STR and DEX based checks.

deer_buster
January 26th, 2020, 23:13
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the encumbered state is adding a -5 to attack rolls instead of just applying to STR and DEX based checks.

Odd, it should just apply to the same things that Armor Checks apply to...

Serv
January 28th, 2020, 04:38
Odd, it should just apply to the same things that Armor Checks apply to...

First pic is encumbrance on, second encumbrance off.

deer_buster
January 28th, 2020, 23:07

First pic is encumbrance on, second encumbrance off.

Oh, I wasn't doubting you...just find it odd since it was only supposed to apply to the same thing as Armor Checks...

Transbot9
January 30th, 2020, 01:14
Stupid Question: Is the companion sheet not finished? Because I can't edit Race, Size, Type, Subtype, Offense, Skills, Special Abilities or Ownership even though I am the GM.
Please disregard, it just doesn't work quite how I thought it worked. I expected something more like an NPC record and obviously hadn't watched the video on it.

EDIT 2: Minor bug - as GM I have to load the player's version of Alien Archive 3 to see the PC/Companion races.

Serv
February 16th, 2020, 17:15
Resilient Boots from Alien Archive 1 are not showing up in item searches but it shows up in the item template list under AA1.31640

deer_buster
February 16th, 2020, 17:46
Looks like all the craftable items from AA p79 were incorrectly setup as templates instead of items.

qwiksilver711
March 4th, 2020, 03:08
As of today update. Looks like a lot of bonuses are not applying correctly. The operative fee bonuses they get look broken among other things.

Samarex
March 4th, 2020, 03:21
As of today update. Looks like a lot of bonuses are not applying correctly. The operative fee bonuses they get look broken among other things.

Operative free skills are selective now. Go to edit skill and use the select box to select your free skills.

jurisfiction
March 4th, 2020, 03:41
We just bought the Character Operations Manual, and the Genetics Field of Study for the Biohacker Class is missing. Any idea when it will be included?

Samarex
March 4th, 2020, 03:44
We just bought the Character Operations Manual, and the Genetics Field of Study for the Biohacker Class is missing. Any idea when it will be included?

Looking now

jurisfiction
March 4th, 2020, 03:46
So it looks like it is present, it just wasn't popping up in the initial auto-menu when you drag and drop the class into a new character. You can still find it in the class info in libraries and drop it manually

Samarex
March 4th, 2020, 03:57
So it looks like it is present, it just wasn't popping up in the initial auto-menu when you drag and drop the class into a new character. You can still find it in the class info in libraries and drop it manually

Yes, the Pop-up was suppose to be removed. I decided it would be better to let the player look thru the different options before selecting. As it is the pop comes up and there is no way to view the different options before you select.
So this will be disabled soon along with other classes tat do the same.

jurisfiction
March 4th, 2020, 04:00
Yes, the Pop-up was suppose to be removed. I decided it would be better to let the player look thru the different options before selecting. As it is the pop comes up and there is no way to view the different options before you select.
So this will be disabled soon along with other classes tat do the same.

Great, that's perfect, thank you! Is there somewhere that has a list of the effects from the biohacks (like the AC modifier from the basic booster, etc) that could be dragged and dropped, similar to effects from spells, like in the Actions tab? Or is that something players will have to make custom actions for?

Samarex
March 4th, 2020, 04:36
Great, that's perfect, thank you! Is there somewhere that has a list of the effects from the biohacks (like the AC modifier from the basic booster, etc) that could be dragged and dropped, similar to effects from spells, like in the Actions tab? Or is that something players will have to make custom actions for?

Custom Actions or effects for now.

jurisfiction
March 5th, 2020, 03:11
New issue with the biohacker: The class should be proficient in all injection weapons, and so far the game claims they're non-proficient. Later levels they're gonna get a +1 in those weapons, but I haven't checked if that happens yet.

Samarex
March 5th, 2020, 04:32
New issue with the biohacker: The class should be proficient in all injection weapons, and so far the game claims they're non-proficient. Later levels they're gonna get a +1 in those weapons, but I haven't checked if that happens yet.
I dont believe I added Injection Weapons Prof. For now you can add it to Feats and set it up like other Weapon Profs, I will get it fixed.

Bloodright
March 7th, 2020, 18:47
i have a player trying to make a new human character and when they try to load up Human from the Race window they get the following script error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1632: copyNode Invalid parameter 2

this is Post COM install

Edit: Further errors have appeared while trying to access class information from core rulebook..

Script Warning: sefValue: Database node not owned (class.id-00001.features.id-00004.featuretype@Starfinder Characters Operation Manual)

Additionals with same but (class.id-00001.features.id-00009, 00010) And (class.id-00002.features.id-00015, and 00003)

these issues are across multiple players, and even my local connect through my LAN i got the errors on my laptop.. common source is DM. PC. issues appeared in FGC and FGU.

Airanath
March 7th, 2020, 22:49
i have a player trying to make a new human character and when they try to load up Human from the Race window they get the following script error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1632: copyNode Invalid parameter 2

this is Post COM install

I had the same problem in my game last night, a player had this happen when adding race, class and and theme, I managed to create the sheet as a gm for him. (We where playing a manually coded biohacker, so he made was making a new sheet to import and use Com).
After that all my players had the same bug happen when they leveled up, once again as a gm I managed to add their class level for them, but it kept giving invalid parameter for all players.

deer_buster
March 8th, 2020, 06:04
I'm not seeing that error. What are the exact steps (and which extensions/library modules do you have loaded)?

Samarex
March 8th, 2020, 06:51
I had the same problem in my game last night, a player had this happen when adding race, class and and theme, I managed to create the sheet as a gm for him. (We where playing a manually coded biohacker, so he made was making a new sheet to import and use Com).
After that all my players had the same bug happen when they leveled up, once again as a gm I managed to add their class level for them, but it kept giving invalid parameter for all players.

Ok I repeated it,

I got a fix going out to the test server for testing and update.

What you can do until then. If a Player needs to make a character Have the GM open the desired Race then Share that Race by Right clicking on the Race in the Race Menu and Share Sheet. This updates the Players version and makes it usable.

Note: This is a quick temp fix until I get a better way coded in.

Bloodright
March 8th, 2020, 07:36
Ok I repeated it,

I got a fix going out to the test server for testing and update.

What you can do until then. If a Player needs to make a character Have the GM open the desired Race then Share that Race by Right clicking on the Race in the Race Menu and Share Sheet. This updates the Players version and makes it usable.

Note: This is a quick temp fix until I get a better way coded in.

this was effecting classes from the core rulebook for us as well.. it seemed like there was some sort of conflict between the two.,. if i unloaded one or the other, each worked fine, when i loaded both, it would give errors as i posted above. We had issues with classes and races,, we did not test themes, feats, or items.. i will get my laptop out and see what i can duplicate tonight.

EDIT: all of these errors were with just Core rulebook and COM Loaded.. no extensions or other modules loaded.

EDIT PT2: got this error at DM with COM and Core Rulebook loaded. appeared when i opened party sheet.

Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_main.lua"]:24: attempt to call field 'onHealthChanged' (a nil value)

dzilla77
March 9th, 2020, 01:30
Seems like there is a bug when players are attempting to move items from the party sheet into their inventories. DM can move them ok but while the qty on a blank lines goes up, no item is actually shown in the inventory. It does disappear from the party sheet, though.

Uh yeah, about that, my group is a bunch of idiots! However, if you drop an item on a "blank line" the behavior above happens. If you just drop the item into inventory screen it works as intended.

vegaserik
March 10th, 2020, 09:18

I'm getting a weird error when resizing a pc's sheet. The Class/Level magnifying glass, icons and the Race Paizo Golem logo stretches with it, but nothing else does.

Arachnidious
March 15th, 2020, 18:00
I have a very big problem with core ruleset for Starfinder. Before I purchased it, it had SFRG ruleset for free in Fantasy Grounds. It has many SFRG options, but no data and looked terrible. Now I have options, but it also looked terrible, not like in vieos of many streamers. I do not see other Starfinder ruleset - just SFRG. But rulebook for me just a module, not complete ruleset. Some kind of this:

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2020, 18:02
Please disable all extensions on the FG launch screen before clicking Start. It looks like you have the Wood theme enabled (and maybe others).

Regards,
JPG

Arachnidious
March 15th, 2020, 18:05
Really! So stupid of me... Thanks a lot!

Arachnidious
March 15th, 2020, 18:09
Another small problem. For Abyssal language and some other Language in options there is Abyssal option. But we can't choose this font for other languages, and there is no real special font for this languages. If you write something in Abyssal, it uses simple Latin font.

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 18:14
There's only a few language fonts I believe. I would just select Infernal for the alphabet and it should work.

Bloodright
March 15th, 2020, 21:47
Since the most recent update, Free ranks in skills acquired from class abilities are no longer working. EX: Player is using operative - Ghost.. not getting free ranks in stealth and acrobatics anymore.

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 21:56
Edit: May be a bug but you can set them manually. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=478609&viewfull=1#post478609)

Samarex
March 15th, 2020, 23:29
Since the most recent update, Free ranks in skills acquired from class abilities are no longer working. EX: Player is using operative - Ghost.. not getting free ranks in stealth and acrobatics anymore.

Are you refering to them not adding up when leveling or not auto selecting?
I had to change it to manual select (Go to edit mode on the Skills tab and select the bubble for each skill)
This was becouse there are Alternate abilities for the Operative that replace getting free skills so had to have a way to tuen them off.

Stadlerc
March 16th, 2020, 02:13
Dawn of flames AP-2: Eos Club basement.. 3.E.01. Staging Room

Sentry guns do not have AC values entered and do not have Hardness coded.

madman
March 16th, 2020, 05:27
Thanks for pointing that out. I will get it updated soon.
Madman..

Has been updated. Should be fixed soon..

Bloodright
March 16th, 2020, 23:06
Edit: May be a bug but you can set them manually. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=478609&viewfull=1#post478609)

found it.. thanks!

Bloodright
March 16th, 2020, 23:09
Are you refering to them not adding up when leveling or not auto selecting?
I had to change it to manual select (Go to edit mode on the Skills tab and select the bubble for each skill)
This was becouse there are Alternate abilities for the Operative that replace getting free skills so had to have a way to tuen them off.

checked the link from previous post that showed this.. thank you for the answer.. sorry i missed it previously

Vigilance
March 18th, 2020, 03:09
I notice on the computer upgrade it is missing the Range addon.

Ubertino
March 18th, 2020, 17:43
My players are receiving error messages when attempting to add their class to their Starfinder character sheet.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:187:createChild:Invalid argument 1

I have been unable to recreate the error on my end but at least two of them are encountering the same error.

They are running 3.3.10 FREE and I am running 3.3.10 ULTIMATE.

The only modules I have loaded are the GM and player versions of the Starfinder Core Rulebook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

stephan_
March 18th, 2020, 18:11
See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=479440&viewfull=1#post479440) for a workaround. Though I thought that has been fixed with the latest update.

jrock1
March 18th, 2020, 20:45
I was taking a look at Dawn of Flame AP book 1 of 6 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO7213FG) and have a few questions:
1. I don't see the 1st encounter (Event 1: Leviathan Rising (CR 2) Augmented Fire Whale) fully setup with a Starfield map with encounter/story pins. Do I need to setup this encounter manually?
2. Is the Whale Ship ready for combat or do I need to prepare the ship manually? I know FG SF Ship Combat was recently added.
3. Where is the PCs' ship for Fire Whale combat? The AP does state: The players can make their own tier 1 vessel, which should have guest quarters and at least one cargo hold. Otherwise, they can use a tier 1 ship, from the Starfinder Core Rulebook.
4. If I need to setup the encounter manually, how do I go about doing so? Where can I find the Starfield map etc.?

Samarex
March 19th, 2020, 01:04
See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=479440&viewfull=1#post479440) for a workaround. Though I thought that has been fixed with the latest update.

I will take a look, the fix was for Race, Will make a update for Class also.
But the Sharing work around should work for Class also.

madman
March 19th, 2020, 02:49
OK, so after reviewing the PDF. It does not appear to include a map for this encounter. As such one is not in the module. The SFRPG ruleset does not allow for starship encounters to work the same way as normal encounters. One is therefore not provided. All the stats for the Whale should work in the Starship Combat Tracker like a normal starship would.

"The players can make their own tier 1 vessel, which should have guest quarters and at least one cargo hold. Otherwise, they can use a tier 1 ship, from the Starfinder Core Rulebook."

This would be part of your prep as the GM for the campaign. It is the tie in to the story.

If at some point the Starships can be added as encounters I will add it.

So Find an Image ...
https://www.google.com (https://www.google.com/search?q=Starfields&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02bvVdmiebvkPp3ila7Q51rDjsxCg:158458242 1894&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwip-v7CtaXoAhUZV80KHc2kAOoQ_AUoAXoECBMQAw&biw=1233&bih=656)

Add the hex grid, and go through the encounter as you would with any other encounter or starship combat.

Hope this Helps.

Madman..

ReverendJ
March 19th, 2020, 14:36
Hi folks.

My player is doing character creation in my campaign. He is getting the following errors when attempting to drag the Mechanic class onto his sheet:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:739: setValue: Unable to create node
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:781: copyNode: Invalid parameter 2

He gets these errors if he tries to open the Mechanic class from the Classes window:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:781: copyNode: Invalid parameter 2
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:669: copyNode: Invalid parameter 2

He can successfully add a class from COM (eg Biohacker)

I am sharing the player versions of the Core rules not the full book.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 14:39
Hi folks.

My player is doing character creation in my campaign. He is getting the following errors when attempting to drag the Mechanic class onto his sheet:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:739: setValue: Unable to create node

He gets these errors if he tries to open the Mechanic class from the Classes window:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:669: copyNode: Invalid parameter 2

He can successfully add a class from COM (eg Biohacker)

I am sharing the player versions of the Core rules not the full book.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=482029&viewfull=1#post482029

ReverendJ
March 19th, 2020, 14:55
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=482029&viewfull=1#post482029

Different error messages and the workaround for Race doesn't work for Class (we tried)

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 15:41
Different error messages and the workaround for Race doesn't work for Class (we tried)
Sorry, there's been a lot of similar errors with classes and other records recently that have been fixed by the GM manually sharing with the players.

Do you get the same error if you, as the GM, open the same record from the same module?

ReverendJ
March 19th, 2020, 15:56
Sorry, there's been a lot of similar errors with classes and other records recently that have been fixed by the GM manually sharing with the players.

Do you get the same error if you, as the GM, open the same record from the same module?

No I don't. I wonder if this is because the players are loading the players version of the module, whilst I am loading the full version. COM doesn't have that split, which may be why that works.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 16:08
No I don't. I wonder if this is because the players are loading the players version of the module, whilst I am loading the full version.
Can you load the same players module and try using the same record from the players module?

ReverendJ
March 19th, 2020, 16:09
Yeah, I don't get the error then either.

dmchucky
March 20th, 2020, 23:30
Is there a bug with the Toughness feat where it is doubling the amount of Stamina points each level should give. I've got a 5th level character with Toughness getting 10 extra Stamina. When I adjust the Mod number down, it goes down by two points each pip.

I have the same character built in HeroLab and he has 5 less Stamina.

I apologize if this bug has already been reported. But it's a 92 page thread. :)

deer_buster
March 21st, 2020, 06:33
Is there a bug with the Toughness feat where it is doubling the amount of Stamina points each level should give. I've got a 5th level character with Toughness getting 10 extra Stamina. When I adjust the Mod number down, it goes down by two points each pip.

I have the same character built in HeroLab and he has 5 less Stamina.

I apologize if this bug has already been reported. But it's a 92 page thread. :)

Not seeing this. I just leveled up a soldier with 18 con to level 5 and only got +1 stamina per level (5 total) for a grand total of 60 stamina at 5th level.

Maybe post a copy of your character XML

WDavids
March 22nd, 2020, 15:10
My players are having problems draggin over classes during character creation. They can do the other things like Race and Theme. In FGU they get script execution error 187: createChild Invalid argument 1

deer_buster
March 22nd, 2020, 16:02
My players are having problems draggin over classes during character creation. They can do the other things like Race and Theme. In FGU they get script execution error 187: createChild Invalid argument 1

Been reported multiple times. Until the bugfix is released you need to do it for them.

Gwaihir Scout
March 22nd, 2020, 23:13
Core Rulebook: The Entangling weapon fusion is misspelled as "Entagling."

bmos
March 23rd, 2020, 01:06
No pregen starships in Against the Aeon Throne: The Reach of Empire (should offer both Tier 1 ships as pregens).

This part is probably working as intended (but I think it could be better): having the classes, themes, and races in both the GM copy and player's copy of the core rulebook is a poor solution since the links only work if the user (gm or player) has access to the copy of the resource originally dragged.

Samarex
March 23rd, 2020, 01:20
This part is probably working as intended (but I think it could be better): having the classes, themes, and races in both the GM copy and player's copy of the core rulebook is a poor solution since the links only work if the user (gm or player) has access to the copy of the resource originally dragged.
The best option for new Campaigns is to just use tje GM book. I will be finding a way to update current campaigns to convert those Players version to the GM book.
Everything is in the GM book and the issue of memory is not a issue anymore, so there is no need for the two versions of the Core rule book anymore.
I just have to find a way to phase it out that dont require remaking campaigns.

Ubertino
March 23rd, 2020, 02:23
EDIT:
Disregard my note about class features. Was watching an outdated character creation video on YouTube and it was different to how they are populated currently.

bmos
March 23rd, 2020, 13:19
Issue with party inventory.
I created 4 characters, added them to the party sheet, went to the inventory tab and distributed 4000 credits.
They all got 1000 credits but the lower part of the party inventory (which composites all the characters' inventories into one place) only shows a 3000 gp total and doesn't show one of my players.
What happened: one of the characters got the credits entered in the text box rather than the currency-specific field. very weird glitch.

damned
March 23rd, 2020, 13:31
I created 4 characters, added them to the party sheet, went to the inventory tab and distributed 4000 credits.
They all got 1000 credits but the lower part of the party inventory (which composites all the characters' inventories into one place) only shows a 3000 gp total and doesn't show one of my players.
What happened: one of the characters got the credits entered in the text box rather than the currency-specific field. very weird glitch.

Theres a damn rogue in every group.

deer_buster
March 23rd, 2020, 16:26

Unable to duplicate. Does the rebuild party inventory (the refresh looking button on the party sheet) fix it?

bmos
March 23rd, 2020, 17:10
I did not. I had to remove everyone from the party list, clear the credits from inventory, and redistribute the credits.
I'll see if I can figure out the exact process to replicate sometime.

stephan_
March 23rd, 2020, 18:12
It may be an issue with (edit: maybe actually newer) characters having "credits", not "CREDITS", see attachment.

Arachnidious
March 26th, 2020, 14:18
Filament Mesh Augmentation from AA2 has no normal description, only flavor text.

bmos
March 27th, 2020, 11:53
It may be an issue with (edit: maybe actually newer) characters having "credits", not "CREDITS", see attachment.While this is definitely the same end result, I created all the characters in the same sitting.

stephan_
March 27th, 2020, 12:52
Out of curiosity: Do they have "credits" or "CREDITS" on their inventory sheet?

Redwolffield
March 28th, 2020, 12:10
this here for bug of Starfinder?

Core. Feat longarms profency
the character with this fear and a Long Arm equip, the FG dont recognize the type weapon and always is Non -Profency: -4.
I think is only with Long Arm weapon

deer_buster
March 28th, 2020, 12:41
this here for bug of Starfinder?

Core. Feat longarms profency
the character with this fear and a Long Arm equip, the FG dont recognize the type weapon and always is Non -Profency: -4.
I think is only with Long Arm weapon

Do you have that in as a Feat in the Feats list, or in the Proficiency list? It matters.

Redwolffield
March 28th, 2020, 12:59
A visual example

The semi-auto pistol is a small arm, the character have proficiency, the attack is correct.
The plasma bolter is longarm, the character have proficiency (for feat), the attack isnīt correct.
I tried to (dont see in the imagen) with a soldier, they are proficiency by class, and dont work too.

the temporary solution i do is give +4 attack bonus to long arm.

deer_buster
March 28th, 2020, 13:13
A visual example

The semi-auto pistol is a small arm, the character have proficiency, the attack is correct.
The plasma bolter is longarm, the character have proficiency (for feat), the attack isnīt correct.
I tried to (dont see in the imagen) with a soldier, they are proficiency by class, and dont work too.

the temporary solution i do is give +4 attack bonus to long arm.

Delete the Longarm proficiency out of your feats list and Proficiency list and then add it again to the proficiency list only and let me know.

deer_buster
March 28th, 2020, 13:17
If that doesn't work, post your character xml export

Stadlerc
March 28th, 2020, 15:22
Loading the SFRPG - Core Rules GM (and probably players) does not load all modules in the Core Rules. It appears that Alien Archives 3 and the Character Operations Manual are excluded. This is a minor defect as the user can still load the modules by clicking on the modules button and selecting them.

Steps to reproduce -
Start Fantasy grounds
Start a new Fantasygounds Starfinder campaign
After the campaign starts, in the Campaign Setup dialog, click Next
Click on the "SFRPG - Core Rules GM' button
In the Module Set Load, notice that Starfinder Alien Archive 3 and Starfinder Operations Manual are not included
Close the Module Set Load dialog
In Campaign Setup dialog, click on the Modules button.
Note that "Starfinder Alien Archive 3(GM) and Starfinder Characters Operation Manual display a "Load" button indicating that they were not loaded.

Workaround: The user can still at this point click on the "Load" buttons to use the modules..

deer_buster
March 28th, 2020, 16:41
Loading the SFRPG - Core Rules GM (and probably players) does not load all modules in the Core Rules. It appears that Alien Archives 3 and the Character Operations Manual are excluded. This is a minor defect as the user can still load the modules by clicking on the modules button and selecting them.

Steps to reproduce -
Start Fantasy grounds
Start a new Fantasygounds Starfinder campaign
After the campaign starts, in the Campaign Setup dialog, click Next
Click on the "SFRPG - Core Rules GM' button
In the Module Set Load, notice that Starfinder Alien Archive 3 and Starfinder Operations Manual are not included
Close the Module Set Load dialog
In Campaign Setup dialog, click on the Modules button.
Note that "Starfinder Alien Archive 3(GM) and Starfinder Characters Operation Manual display a "Load" button indicating that they were not loaded.

Workaround: The user can still at this point click on the "Load" buttons to use the modules..

All the years I've used FG, I've never added stuff like that...

deer_buster
March 28th, 2020, 17:04
I have provided Samarex a fix for the Campaign Setup issue

Redwolffield
March 29th, 2020, 11:56
Delete the Longarm proficiency out of your feats list and Proficiency list and then add it again to the proficiency list only and let me know.

i tried :
First: Change the proficiency from Longarm to Long Arms because the weapon is write this way.
Second: Quit and add it again, thinking it was an update problem mine or type class, but no.
third: I make a soldier, to check that it is not a problem from class o fear, dont work, isnīt a problem from character.

I donīt know to program, but i think the problem is in the fist point. in how the feat recognize the weapon and how write it in the weapon.
It is an assumption, because I am not sure for i not knowing how to program.

deer_buster
March 29th, 2020, 13:04
i tried :
First: Change the proficiency from Longarm to Long Arms because the weapon is write this way.
Second: Quit and add it again, thinking it was an update problem mine or type class, but no.
third: I make a soldier, to check that it is not a problem from class o fear, dont work, isnīt a problem from character.

I donīt know to program, but i think the problem is in the fist point. in how the feat recognize the weapon and how write it in the weapon.
It is an assumption, because I am not sure for i not knowing how to program.

I do know the program. Why don't you share your character xml (as I suggested) and I will take a look at what was done wrong.

Redwolffield
March 29th, 2020, 13:33
here.

Mathmenace
March 29th, 2020, 14:10
Hi.
Its seem as the grenade item (any type ex: frag, smoke, etc) when added to the inventory create a actions in the weapon tab with the wrong base attack bonus (supposed to be thrown-strength but use ranged-dexterity).

Thanks. :)

deer_buster
March 29th, 2020, 14:40
here.

Here you go.

Steps to fix.
1) Remove Longarm Proficiency under Feats and Proficiency
2) Add Longarm Proficiency under Proficiency
3) Remove longarm weapon from inventory
4) Add longarm back to inventory
5) test = win

Redwolffield
March 29th, 2020, 15:06
Here you go.

Steps to fix.
1) Remove Longarm Proficiency under Feats and Proficiency
2) Add Longarm Proficiency under Proficiency
3) Remove longarm weapon from inventory
4) Add longarm back to inventory
5) test = win

YEAH, works, thanks, but i dont understand why dont work with a soldier create to 0. nevermind, i follow this steps again.
Thanks.

bmos
March 29th, 2020, 21:34
The best option for new Campaigns is to just use tje GM book. I will be finding a way to update current campaigns to convert those Players version to the GM book.
Everything is in the GM book and the issue of memory is not a issue anymore, so there is no need for the two versions of the Core rule book anymore.
I just have to find a way to phase it out that dont require remaking campaigns.Leaving the player's book unloaded means I can't click on the question mark links in the actions areas of the crew tab of the starship sheet. I had the players and I all load them both and now it works okay but things are duplicated, obviously. Perhaps those links should change to point to the full Core Rulebook.

superteddy57
March 29th, 2020, 22:06
There was going to be a merge of the two books and this will be looked at once that is accomplished.

deer_buster
March 29th, 2020, 22:40
YEAH, works, thanks, but i dont understand why dont work with a soldier create to 0. nevermind, i follow this steps again.
Thanks.
Not sure what you mean? I created a level 1 soldier and added the same weapon and I didn't have a single issue, without having to do anything special.

ReverendJ
March 30th, 2020, 19:34
Typo in the Armory reference manual, should be Lungs

Rendran
March 31st, 2020, 06:19
Getting this error while trying to add the Paranormal Investigator Theme from Signal of Screams 1 Module.

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2051: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)"

Arachnidious
March 31st, 2020, 07:39
Yes. Grenades use wrong attack bonus. Also, I want to speak about forging armor with upgrades. It is very sad, that upgrades are only templates. There is a category Armor Upgrade between normal items. And upgrades from Adventure Pathes are items! Also, when you forge your new armor with upgrades you must count on your own right weight, cost and free upgrade slots. Programm always counts only original armor weight and cost and use "0" upgrade slots even the final armor has free.

madman
March 31st, 2020, 16:59
It seems that the (any one) Ability mod has to be changed to one of the six stats. create a copy of the Theme > unlock it > select the stat to use > then drop it on the character sheet.

Arachnidious
April 1st, 2020, 12:47
Witchwarper has no grenade proficiency, but it has it in real. Spells known and per day are also invalid for this class. Also there is no formal clothing in the list of items. Darkvision for ysoki can not be replaced by scent 30 automatically.

LokiTheWanderer
April 1st, 2020, 22:58
I'm trying to recreate Barsala the Biohacker and noticed the Character Operations Manual is missing the Genetics Field of Study option.

LokiTheWanderer
April 1st, 2020, 23:12
I'm trying to recreate Barsala the Biohacker and noticed the Character Operations Manual is missing the Genetics Field of Study option.

Disregard. It's missing at the main screen when you select the class, but not if you skip it there and add it later.

LokiTheWanderer
April 1st, 2020, 23:32
I did, however, find an actual issue. Biohackers get 6 skill points per level + their Intelligence bonus. Barsala has an Intelligence of 8, for a -1 bonus, but the character creation module is only giving 3 skill points.

deer_buster
April 2nd, 2020, 02:19
I did, however, find an actual issue. Biohackers get 6 skill points per level + their Intelligence bonus. Barsala has an Intelligence of 8, for a -1 bonus, but the character creation module is only giving 3 skill points.

You might want to re-read the description for Biohackers in COM then...because it is 4+int bonus for Biohackers...

LokiTheWanderer
April 2nd, 2020, 02:24
You might want to re-read the description for Biohackers in COM then...because it is 4+int bonus for Biohackers...

Hmm... Thanks. I had gone to an SRD, but not AoN and they had it wrong, as does the build for Barsala - they gave her too many skill ranks

LokiTheWanderer
April 2nd, 2020, 02:31
Hmm... Thanks. I had gone to an SRD, but not AoN and they had it wrong, as does the build for Barsala - they gave her too many skill ranks

I see the issue. The other site, and apparently also Paizo, built the Biohacker around the playtest version, which was 6+ INT,

Arachnidious
April 2nd, 2020, 08:49
No. She is a kasatha after all. She has another mistake for level 1, but not for other levels. I have posted this on Paizo:

I see Barsala's problem:

Skills Acrobatics +4, Athletics +3, Culture +6, Life Science
+9, Medicine +7, Physical Science +9, Profession (video
personality) +6; (reduce the DC of Profession and Culture
checks to recall other icons in her profession or details
about her profession by 5)

I calculated +8 for both Sciences. Or what I lost?

Renfield
April 3rd, 2020, 04:26
So, recently purchased and downloaded the Starfinder rules set, ran into an odd problem.
I was walking my players through character creation and any time they tried to add a class they received an error. Meanwhile, on the DM's side of things, I was able to add the class to their characters no problem. We were all fully updated, had both Starfinder Core Module and Starfinder Core Players Module open (not sure why separate), but they still get an error whenever they apply a character level. Any idea what's up?

madman
April 3rd, 2020, 04:38
It is a known problem. They are working on it.
just add the class for them until it is fixed...

Griffonbait
April 5th, 2020, 09:56
For FGU:

Rope Bulk 33118

Issue:
Item-Bulk (L/50 ft.) causes a parsing error with Inventory-Bulk value - records as 0 (zero), should be 0.1.

Quick fix by detailing Bulk in "Other" tab and make weight L, or 0.1, removing all other text in data field.

Griffonbait
April 5th, 2020, 10:00
For FGU:

Back pack errata?

Does the Starfinder Backpack's own bulk apply when worn correctly? Notes in "Other" tab indicate no.

deer_buster
April 5th, 2020, 17:21
For FGU:

Back pack errata?

Does the Starfinder Backpack's own bulk apply when worn correctly? Notes in "Other" tab indicate no.

Where does that backpack come from?

dzilla77
April 6th, 2020, 01:53
Getting this error when trying to level up a character (dragging the class)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:187: createChild: Invalid argument 1

Also can't add a level in the box.

What are we doing wrong (or is it a bug)?

deer_buster
April 6th, 2020, 03:50
Getting this error when trying to level up a character (dragging the class)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:187: createChild: Invalid argument 1

Also can't add a level in the box.

What are we doing wrong (or is it a bug)?

Bug, been reported. have your GM add the class for now

Griffonbait
April 6th, 2020, 15:48
Where does that backpack come from?

Starfinder Armory book

dzilla77
April 6th, 2020, 15:51
Thanks.

deer_buster
April 6th, 2020, 21:56
For FGU:

Back pack errata?

Since this particular magic item doesn't specifically state that its own bulk doesn't count like the others do, then yes, its own bulk counts against your encumbrance limit.

doday
April 7th, 2020, 02:28
I am getting the following error in my Starfinder campaign when I open up classes and select a class. I then try to add “ALT FEATURES” and when I hit the plus sign I get “Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:44: createWindow: Unable to create window"

I tried the following:
• Two different computers
• Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Fantasy grounds
• Replacing the db.xml with a backup db.xml

Also, contacted friend with the program and he is able to do this without an error.

taffysaint
April 9th, 2020, 10:29
Hi All

So I am pretty new to FGU, I am trying to set up characters - for reference I am exporting from Hero Lab Online and creating in Fantasy Grounds. A few things I have seen today:

1) Technomancer - cannot add spells, receive 'Unable to determine class or level for new spell
2) Cannot add Archetypes
3) Soldier in Power Armor does not change/add unarmed combat damage (1d10)
4) Not calculating damage modifier correctly inline with feats and race (Vesk race bonus, Hammerfist ability from Armor Storm)
5) Saving throws not always calculating correctly
6) Solarion powers not listed as actions (Super Nova, Solar Weapon)
7) Inheritor's Grace I armor missing from the Armory (II & III are present)
8) Operative's Edge not being added to skill scores and initiative checks

A lot of the automation I saw users getting in the 5e modules jsut seems to be missing, happy to accept this could be my relative inexperience but putting the PCs together has been quite painful and they are probably only 80% there. I want to move my stuff to FGU completely and ditch HLO so would be good to know when these issues will be addressed or to know what I am doing wrong. These are just the issues that immediately spring to mind., I haven't documented everything yet

bmos
April 9th, 2020, 12:07
Resizing the character sheet on the Main tab messes up the formatting of the Race and Class lines. The link button on Race goes behind the box for class and it generally just looks funky.
This doesn't happen with 5e or Pathfinder rulesets.

taffysaint
April 9th, 2020, 12:26
[QUOTE=taffysaint;492916]Hi All

So I am pretty new to FGU, I am trying to set up characters - for reference I am exporting from Hero Lab Online and creating in Fantasy Grounds. A few things I have seen today:

1) Technomancer - cannot add spells, receive 'Unable to determine class or level for new spell

We just started playing and it looks like the spells have now appeared in the PCs sheet (20 instances of dancing lights) so this looks resolved

deer_buster
April 9th, 2020, 14:03
Hi All

2) Cannot add Archetypes
3) Soldier in Power Armor does not change/add unarmed combat damage (1d10)
4) Not calculating damage modifier correctly inline with feats and race (Vesk race bonus, Hammerfist ability from Armor Storm)
5) Saving throws not always calculating correctly
6) Solarion powers not listed as actions (Super Nova, Solar Weapon)
7) Inheritor's Grace I armor missing from the Armory (II & III are present)
8) Operative's Edge not being added to skill scores and initiative checks

A lot of the automation I saw users getting in the 5e modules jsut seems to be missing, happy to accept this could be my relative inexperience but putting the PCs together has been quite painful and they are probably only 80% there. I want to move my stuff to FGU completely and ditch HLO so would be good to know when these issues will be addressed or to know what I am doing wrong. These are just the issues that immediately spring to mind., I haven't documented everything yet

1) Maybe you could explain what you are doing to get this error message exactly. I just tried it, and was able to add 4 level 0 and 2 level 1 to a new character without any issue
2) Never tried that, so can't speak to that
3) First, it's not a 1d10 (where are you getting that value?), it's damage based on the level equivalent of the battleglove that is less than or equal to your soldier level (heavy and powered armor get this). You would just add a free battleglove (of the appropriate level) to your inventory and it will show up as a weapon with the correct damage.
4) You need to add those effects manually, like #3 above
5) An example is necessary
6) You have to add those manually
7) Yep, actually missing
8) You need to add those bonuses manually

This is not the 5e ruleset. It hasn't been around as long as the 5e ruleset for one thing, and the amount of baggage from the initial build of the ruleset from the first developer is immense. Add to that and the developer constantly gets hounded by people that say that there is too much automation and those that say there isn't enough. Where do you draw the line to make the largest number of people happy?

As a general rule, if you are reporting bugs, it would be helpful to provide screenshots and the character xml file. If you are citing a particular rule, it is helpful to have the reference and the page number (e.g. Armory p12, et.al.)

deer_buster
April 9th, 2020, 14:06
Resizing the character sheet on the Main tab messes up the formatting of the Race and Class lines. The link button on Race goes behind the box for class and it generally just looks funky.
This doesn't happen with 5e or Pathfinder rulesets.
Yep, been reported many times before. When you only have 1 or 2 columns on a sheet it is easy to resize the sheet and scale it appropriately. Not so much when you have the structural mess that is on there now, which is why the Main tab looks so wonky.

jrock1
April 9th, 2020, 18:12
Yep, been reported many times before. When you only have 1 or 2 columns on a sheet it is easy to resize the sheet and scale it appropriately. Not so much when you have the structural mess that is on there now, which is why the Main tab looks so wonky.

Minor form issue in FGC in FGU (see screenshot attached)

deer_buster
April 10th, 2020, 00:59
Literally unplayable, dude...

jrock1
April 10th, 2020, 01:14
Totally agree

taffysaint
April 10th, 2020, 01:30
1) Weirdly this one resolved itself once i restarted the instance, all the spells i had tried to add just showed up
2) Archetypes are core to the game,they change the abilities added so it would be useful to be able to add them to get the characters
3) The Battle Harness does 1d10 Bludgeoning damage (CRB Page 204), all power armor has a specific damage rating that affects melee damage. Hammerfist essentially just gives the weapon a level and a bonus to the modifier in this case

I'm not hounding here, I had some issues and I was told specifically to post them here. Archetypes are a huge part of character creation, even if they are optional for players they impact the abilities gained through advancement. Skills are auto-calculated but then you have to go in and modify them all because it only auto-calculates using *some* of the data that influences the score, armor doesnt modify movement or skill scores and neither do the feats etc that make modifications.

Again, I get that its only been around 2.5 years and no one is going to get it done overnight. I was using 5e as an example of how FG makes character creation pretty painless. I am mainly asking *if* cleaning up character creation is on the road map or is it going to remain a largely manual affair?

EDIT: Appreciate the advice on reporting, will add screens and xml if I see anything else that's a problem!

deer_buster
April 10th, 2020, 04:10
Again, I get that its only been around 2.5 years and no one is going to get it done overnight. I was using 5e as an example of how FG makes character creation pretty painless. I am mainly asking *if* cleaning up character creation is on the road map or is it going to remain a largely manual affair?

Don't get me wrong, you have the same general complaint that I had prior to getting involved in helping the developer with the rule set. Once you dive below the covers though, you realize what a mess was inherited because the original developer tried to take the pathfinder rule set and make it starfinder. We are living with a lot of the sins of the past unless we were to do a complete rewrite from scratch (well, sitting on top of CoreRPG at any rate). Either path that is taken will be a huge effort to clean up, and not one that will come quickly. Extension developers are the quickest path forward, but that level of automation isn't something taken on lightly...

jrock1
April 10th, 2020, 04:23
Don't get me wrong, you have the same general complaint that I had prior to getting involved in helping the developer with the rule set. Once you dive below the covers though, you realize what a mess was inherited because the original developer tried to take the pathfinder rule set and make it starfinder. We are living with a lot of the sins of the past unless we were to do a complete rewrite from scratch (well, sitting on top of CoreRPG at any rate). Either path that is taken will be a huge effort to clean up, and not one that will come quickly. Extension developers are the quickest path forward, but that level of automation isn't something taken on lightly...

I see that Grenades were added in FGU, maybe Archetypes and Power Armor can be added with the roll-out of FGU Production? Also, what happened to Attack of the Swarm AP #5? I see 1-4 and 6, but no 5. Dawn of Flame is still missing #6 :(

It's great that you've begun rolling out SFS!! I'm going to run #1-02 soon. Can you add #1-00 & #1-03? Please keep up the good work!

taffysaint
April 10th, 2020, 04:25

Gotcha, I didn't know about the dev history here, if someone has tried to shoehorn the SF ruleset onto an PF1 'engine' I can see how that would create huge problems. Hopefully there will be a wider project to do a rewrite in the future. Presumably PF2e does not have the same problems? (was planning on running PF on FG too!)

deer_buster
April 10th, 2020, 06:46
I see that Grenades were added in FGU, maybe Archetypes and Power Armor can be added with the roll-out of FGU Production? Also, what happened to Attack of the Swarm AP #5? I see 1-4 and 6, but no 5. Dawn of Flame is still missing #6 :(

It's great that you've begun rolling out SFS!! I'm going to run #1-02 soon. Can you add #1-00 & #1-03? Please keep up the good work!

There is another thread about that AP that explains

deer_buster
April 10th, 2020, 15:52
1) Weirdly this one resolved itself once i restarted the instance, all the spells i had tried to add just showed up
2) Archetypes are core to the game,they change the abilities added so it would be useful to be able to add them to get the characters
3) The Battle Harness does 1d10 Bludgeoning damage (CRB Page 204), all power armor has a specific damage rating that affects melee damage. Hammerfist essentially just gives the weapon a level and a bonus to the modifier in this case

I'm not hounding here, I had some issues and I was told specifically to post them here. Archetypes are a huge part of character creation, even if they are optional for players they impact the abilities gained through advancement. Skills are auto-calculated but then you have to go in and modify them all because it only auto-calculates using *some* of the data that influences the score, armor doesnt modify movement or skill scores and neither do the feats etc that make modifications.

EDIT: Appreciate the advice on reporting, will add screens and xml if I see anything else that's a problem!

Regarding Archetypes, the way to add them is to click on the magnifying glass in the Class field on the main tab of the character sheet. you will see Archetype in the popup, drag and drop your archetype there...

taffysaint
April 11th, 2020, 02:29
Ah! thankyou!

Samarex
April 16th, 2020, 01:08
Bug, been reported. have your GM add the class for now
This should be fixed with Apr 7th update.

Transbot9
April 16th, 2020, 02:25
Gotcha, I didn't know about the dev history here, if someone has tried to shoehorn the SF ruleset onto an PF1 'engine' I can see how that would create huge problems. Hopefully there will be a wider project to do a rewrite in the future. Presumably PF2e does not have the same problems? (was planning on running PF on FG too!)

Just as someone on the sidelines, Starfinder has a crazy high amount of fiddly unique subsystems and they keep making more - and with what little I know about programming that just makes development quite a bit harder. I, for one, appreciate our hard working programmers - this system has come a long way from when it launched and keeps getting better.

Jrsooner
April 17th, 2020, 18:52
Two Issues I found and was told to post:

Issue 1: Reached LV5 (LV4 Mechanic, Multiclassed LV1 Mystic on 5th LV). When added the Ability score increase, it increases it too much by default.

Int Score was 18 (10 Base, 6 from ranks on creation, +2 from choosing at INT and being Human. Increasing it should have been +1, giving me an INT score of 19. However, it instead gave me a +2 for an INT score of 20. I Think it might possibly be because of the Multiclass interfering with the calculation somehow, or because it didnt take the Human +2 into it, causing it to check it at 16 rather than 18.

Issue 2: Taking Damage to Strength doesnt modify your listed carrying capacity. It still bases it off of your normal score.

Base strength score is 11, equipped with a backpack it properly calculates my Capacity before being overburdened is 13. In a fight, I took -2 strength damage. The -2 showed on my sheet and was effecting all strength roles correctly. However, my calculated carrying capacity did not update to display what it should be, which would be 11.

jrock1
April 17th, 2020, 23:14

Can someone point me in the direction of the Solar Weapon and Solar Armor Manifestations for the Solarian? I can only find the Solar Flare and Solar Shield (see the image attached (above)). This may be a bug (?)

Samarex
April 17th, 2020, 23:18

Can someone point me in the direction of the Solar Weapon and Solar Armor Manifestations for the Solarian? I can only find the Solar Flare and Solar Shield (see the image attached (above)). This may be a bug (?)

Open the Solor Manifestion ability from the class record and go to other tab, they should be there.

jrock1
April 17th, 2020, 23:30
Hi Samarex,
Nope not there, see screenshot:

Samarex
April 17th, 2020, 23:42
Hi Samarex,
Nope not there, see screenshot:

It is under Solor Manifestation (Su) you are looking under Stellar Revelation.

The original post you showed Solar Manifestatiin using Features from the sidebar. That section shows features added from other sources other than the Core rule book. The two shown were added in COM. Armor and Weapon are from the Core rule book .

jrock1
April 18th, 2020, 00:12
I'm I missing something, it doesn't exist on my end (v3.3.10); screenshot:

deer_buster
April 18th, 2020, 03:16
I would say, create a new campaign, only load the Core Rulebook, and look at the class from there.

jrock1
April 18th, 2020, 03:39
I would say, create a new campaign, only load the Core Rulebook, and look at the class from there.

Tried that, Samarex is researching. It appears to be happening to all end users.

deer_buster
April 18th, 2020, 06:25
but not the GM? Kind of a critical piece of information

mkillroy
April 18th, 2020, 07:56
Getting this error on Starfinder startup in Classic.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:323: createChild: Invalid argument 1

This happens with no extensions running and I load any purchased modules other than the core rulebook for DM and Players. As soon as I add another module I get this error. I have tried Pact Worlds, Alien Archive, Dead Suns Part 1. I deleted and recreated the campaign from scratch and get this right when I load a module. If I exit and restart and the module is loaded I get this message, but I don't when the module isn't loaded.

Any advice?