PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Ruleset Official Products bug Reports

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Samarex
March 3rd, 2018, 08:36
I very much doubt if you're going to get 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the Starfinder spells. A future update may improve the automatic parsing a bit. I'd say go ahead and create the relevant actions and effects/conditions that you feel you need.

I started playing around with the spell parsing. The issue is the way that Starfinder words there spells. So the search system needs changed.
Im getting there little at a time. It won't be real soon but I will get it as fast as I can.

Blacklamb
March 4th, 2018, 17:50
I was just trying the version off the test server and it looks like all the classes are missing.

ragnaroc1011
March 5th, 2018, 01:22
Samarex,

Just wanted to give a huge thumbs up to you guys. Keep up the great work. I know it is not easy, but we will continue to help in any way possible.

ragnaroc1011
March 5th, 2018, 15:16
On test server and looking through the Gear Boosts for the Soldier. Looks like the LvL 1 Gear Boost Bullet Barrage is still missing. When reading through the other Gear boosts description I found that the entry for Bullet Barrage was accidentally added to the end of Brutal Blast.

ragnaroc1011
March 5th, 2018, 15:57
On Test Server testing out leveling of Technomancer. Level 8 Spell Hacks are missing the Hack, Mental Mark. In searching the other Hacks within the 8th level frame found the description within the Flash Teleport Description.

Samarex
March 5th, 2018, 21:21
On test server and looking through the Gear Boosts for the Soldier. Looks like the LvL 1 Gear Boost Bullet Barrage is still missing. When reading through the other Gear boosts description I found that the entry for Bullet Barrage was accidentally added to the end of Brutal Blast.

Be sure to flush your modules dir in you campaign.

How too.
Goto YourFg/campaigns/yourcampaign/moduledb/
Delete the starfinder Core Rules if there is any

Trenloe
March 5th, 2018, 21:24

How too.
Or you can right-click on the module in the Module Activation window and select "Revert Changes". If the option isn't available then there weren't any local module "edits" made within the campaign.

Samarex
March 5th, 2018, 21:25
Or you can right-click on the module in the Module Activation window and select "Revert Changes".

Oh thanks. Didnt know that.
She even developers learn something new everyday

Samarex
March 5th, 2018, 21:39

How too.

Samarex
March 5th, 2018, 21:47
The reason I say to check what you got. If your Brutal Blast is still showing Lvl 1 you still have the old module. As not only fixing the Bullet Barrage missing I updated the LvL 1 Boosts to Level 3 since you don't get gear Boost till Level 3

ragnaroc1011
March 6th, 2018, 12:15
Will do, I will try it in a few. Thanks guys!

Yup corrected! Thanks guys!

merkvah
March 7th, 2018, 01:39
I started playing around with the spell parsing. The issue is the way that Starfinder words there spells. So the search system needs changed.
Im getting there little at a time. It won't be real soon but I will get it as fast as I can.

That's amazing, Sir! Thank you very much for your work on this!!

Another issue, and I don't know if this has been addressed in this thread... search attempts have proven unsuccessful... when I have a token on the map, and I deal damage to it, the health indicator on the token remains green. I had an Aeon Gurard shoot a Space Goblin dead... the "unconscious" and "Dying" properties were on the token, but the health indicator was still green.

Thanks so much for your attention to this! Keep up the great work!

Mithtaken
March 7th, 2018, 01:53
When running combat on a map the health dot/bar/hover does not change when a token is wounded. The health status always shows healthy or green.

edit: Oops same issue just posted by Merkvah above.

Samarex
March 7th, 2018, 09:25
Good Evening All,
I have added a Sticky Thread for Starfinder section.
Starfinder Known Bugs
I will keep this up to date. You can look to see if a issue you are having is already on are list and some of them will have a work around listed if there is one so you can continue to play until the issue is fixed.

Thanks All

Blahness98
March 7th, 2018, 13:54
So the effects tags that I reported as not working correctly have been fixed or they did not make the list?

ragnaroc1011
March 7th, 2018, 14:12
Samarex, I know this will be further down on the to do list but wanted to put this out there so you were aware of this issues I have found.

1 - Dead Sun's Adventure Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station. In the Back Office Encounter (2.06.04 B4. Back Office):
There is an issue with the Pulling the Encounter into the Combat Tracker. Seems Vrokilayo Hatchbuster has a scripting error when moving token to the map. Also he has a mis-script on his Shock Grenade on the Combat Tracker Attack line. I believe all this is tied together.

jwfitt
March 7th, 2018, 14:17
Good Evening All,
I have added a Sticky Thread for Starfinder section.
Starfinder Known Bugs
I will keep this up to date. You can look to see if a issue you are having is already on are list and some of them will have a work around listed if there is one so you can continue to play until the issue is fixed.

Thanks All

Thanks Samarex. I did not see a reply from this one on NPC sheets (nor see it listed in the sticky'd thread). Would just like to make sure it's not lost in the shuffle:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=378730&viewfull=1#post378730

ragnaroc1011
March 7th, 2018, 18:24
There is an issue with the Flat-footed Efffect in Starfinder. Seems it is subtracting the entire AC when the target is under the effect. In the example below the target that is Flat-footed has a 15 KAC. The Defensive effect when the monster melee attacks him is -15 from the flat-footed effect, not -2 as it should be.

Any easy work around on our end, but wanted to let you know.

Samarex
March 8th, 2018, 05:25
Thanks Samarex. I did not see a reply from this one on NPC sheets (nor see it listed in the sticky'd thread). Would just like to make sure it's not lost in the shuffle:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=378730&viewfull=1#post378730

The issue with NPC Bonus not updating when creating a new NPC has been fixed and is in the current live version.

Talen
March 8th, 2018, 05:32
I will look at this. Ii didnt relize they get a choice at creation.
But the only thing affected by key ability at creation is your Resolve points. So if you do as stated below and open your Abilities editor and change your key stat. Then just take a Overnight rest it will update your Resolve using the new key abilities stat.

Samarex

I've created a dawrven soldier using Dex as the key stat and attempted to use the ability editor with overnight rest solution, but this does not appear to result in an update to the resolve points.22537

Samarex
March 8th, 2018, 11:55
I've created a dawrven soldier using Dex as the key stat and attempted to use the ability editor with overnight rest solution, but this does not appear to result in an update to the resolve points.22537

Ok I see your Problem. When you are adding your 10 points to your Abilities at creation, Change the Base Value (not the mod value). That will update things correct.
(This did not fix his issue ( The bonus number is not changing after first writing. )

Also I have just posted in the Known bugs thread about a upcoming update to the Key Ability System.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42771-Starfinder-Known-Bugs&p=380190&viewfull=1#post380190

Talen
March 8th, 2018, 12:06
Ok I see your Problem. When you are adding your 10 points to your Abilities at creation, Change the Base Value (not the mod value). That will update things correct.

Also I have just posted in the Known bugs thread about a upcoming update to the Key Ability System.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42771-Starfinder-Known-Bugs&p=380190&viewfull=1#post380190

Nope - that didn't fix it either....but I'm assuming if I'm patient the next update will resolve it so no worries.

ddavison
March 8th, 2018, 21:43
We just pushed a quick hotfix to clean up a few items.
(PC)-AC calculations now respect Max Dex Value.
(PS) Default Sell Value now set to 10% when creating a new Campaign.
(PS) Items can now be sold via the Party sheet.
(PS) Culture skill now shows in the Skill Drop Down.

Also, Paizo just announced the Starfinder ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. Feel free to post your thoughts (pro and con) on the Paizo discussion for the post.
https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lklk?Starfinder-Now-on-Fantasy-Grounds

Blacklamb
March 8th, 2018, 22:32

I'm seeing the other changes but not Culture in the skills drop down My version shows as 1.0.4.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmOByWk9syMShZMVlXHeyhqiUI9fqQ

Samarex
March 9th, 2018, 00:20
I'm seeing the other changes but not Culture in the skills drop down My version shows as 1.0.4.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmOByWk9syMShZMVlXHeyhqiUI9fqQ

Yes it did not make the update. I will get it in the next update.

Samarex
March 9th, 2018, 00:23
We just pushed a quick hotfix to clean up a few items.
(PC)-AC calculations now respect Max Dex Value.
(PS) Default Sell Value now set to 10% when creating a new Campaign.
(PS) Items can now be sold via the Party sheet.

Also, Paizo just announced the Starfinder ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. Feel free to post your thoughts (pro and con) on the Paizo discussion for the post.
https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lklk?Starfinder-Now-on-Fantasy-Grounds

Also Key Ability system was in this update.

Talen
March 9th, 2018, 00:36
Also Key Ability system was in this update.

...and that took care of my soldier issue. Thank you for the quick turnaround!

Gwaihir Scout
March 11th, 2018, 07:08
Didn't see these in the Known Issues thread, so:

Concealment and Total Concealment buttons do nothing (except show up in chat log); neither do CONC and TCONC effects.

0-level spells should not track how much they've been cast.

Players should see how much SP they've lost in the chat log. Currently it says "absorbed" like temp HP.

Some old Pathfinder code could use removing. Iterative attacks and concentration rolls are what I noticed. Especially replacing iterative attacks with a full attack toggle. I suppose someone might find some customized use if prepared and points spellcasting remain or might house-rule concentration back in.

Nonlethal damage should not actually be tracked separately. Only the last hit matters. Although, again, it's house-rule friendly to leave it in.

Grenades, well they're easier to use as spells right now.

It would be nice if operative weapons would default to using Dex.

I don't see any way to actually tell the system I'm making a combat maneuver roll, short of using a spell.

Thanks!

Samarex
March 11th, 2018, 07:15
Thanks I will look into them.

ragnaroc1011
March 11th, 2018, 08:49
Noticed that when a Soldier hits level 3 that the Weapon Specialization bonus feat all classes get is not being added to the class. Others classes I have checked so far are automatically getting feat.

Samarex
March 11th, 2018, 09:34
Didn't see these in the Known Issues thread, so:

Concealment and Total Concealment buttons do nothing (except show up in chat log); neither do CONC and TCONC effects.

0-level spells should not track how much they've been cast.

Players should see how much SP they've lost in the chat log. Currently it says "absorbed" like temp HP.

Some old Pathfinder code could use removing. Iterative attacks and concentration rolls are what I noticed. Especially replacing iterative attacks with a full attack toggle. I suppose someone might find some customized use if prepared and points spellcasting remain or might house-rule concentration back in.

Nonlethal damage should not actually be tracked separately. Only the last hit matters. Although, again, it's house-rule friendly to leave it in.

Grenades, well they're easier to use as spells right now.

I don't see any way to actually tell the system I'm making a combat maneuver roll, short of using a spell.

Thanks!
Fixed- Both will now roll Miss Chance.

Right after your Damage Roll which shows the Total amount of Damage you received, the Damage line reports two types of SP
1- You have 10 SP remaining. and take 9 Damage
SP Absorbs all the damage. (Damage[0] ->[Player][ABSORBED SP])
2- You Have 10 SP remaining and take 14 Damage
SP Absorbs some of the damage (Damage[4] ->[Player][PARTIALLY ABSORBED SP]
In Both cases the Damage[] is damage to your HP so simple math tells you what your SP absorbed.

Operative
An operative can use the trick attack class feature (see page 93)
with a weapon that has this special property. Any character can
add her Dexterity modifier rather than her Strength modifier on
melee attack rolls with weapons with this special property.
-Its a Choice and I guess it would depend on your class and what your ability scores are set to. Im sure Soldiers with there High Str would argue that it should default to Str.

The others I will look more into.

Samarex
March 11th, 2018, 09:42
Noticed that when a Soldier hits level 3 that the Weapon Specialization bonus feat all classes get is not being added to the class. Others classes I have checked so far are automatically getting feat.

Found it and fixed. will be in next Core Rules Update.

Thanks

Curaidh
March 12th, 2018, 20:21
One really minor thing, small typo in the Core Rules:
Operative Specialization "Daredevil" has a typo in it, it reads: Daredevel.
It's consistently wrong for each iteration (based on level).

Some more Operative issues:
Adding an operative specialization does not add the automatic Skill Focus feats. Can't that be automated that they at least get put in the feat list?
Currently it is necessary to manually drag the Skill Focus feats, customize them and then manually add the +3 insight bonus to the specialization skills.
The default Operative's +1 insight bonus is not getting added to skills.

The Computers are not "correctly" done.
The section only features Modules and Upgrades, this is "incorrect".
Core rulebook page 215, table 7-23 should be used.
Modules, Upgrades and Countermeasures are the categories.

Modules: Security I-IV are not modules, they are upgrades.
Upgrades: Range I, II and III are completely missing.
Countermeasures: Alarm, Fake shell, Feedback, Firewall, Lockout, Shock Grid 1-5, Wipe; all should be classified as Countermeasures, not Upgrades

P.S. Please let me know if you only want actual "mechanical" bugs reported. I figured I start noting everything that I catch so it can be nicely polished. :)

Blahness98
March 12th, 2018, 23:51
Some more Operative issues:
Adding an operative specialization does not add the automatic Skill Focus feats. Can't that be automated that they at least get put in the feat list?
Currently it is necessary to manually drag the Skill Focus feats, customize them and then manually add the +3 insight bonus to the specialization skills.
The default Operative's +1 insight bonus is not getting added to skills.

That is the way it works unfortunately. I do not believe the automation can be that specific. It is easier to do it the way you are describing as the skill focus feat is just a generalized feat you have to customize anyway. You can make permanent effects for the character (ex. Skill Focus; SKILL: 3, x, insight) but it is easier to just to put the ranks on the sheet itself.

Samarex
March 13th, 2018, 00:14
That is the way it works unfortunately. I do not believe the automation can be that specific. It is easier to do it the way you are describing as the skill focus feat is just a generalized feat you have to customize anyway. You can make permanent effects for the character (ex. Skill Focus; SKILL: 3, x, insight) but it is easier to just to put the ranks on the sheet itself.

Correct.
Also currently I have stayed away from automatically adding skill ranks for stuff. (except for the free ranks for Operatives) there are so many things that adjust skill ranks and bonuses that it would be difficult to get them ALL to automate. and I believe it would get confusing to the players as to what adjusted automatic and what did not. So I felt it better to leave the adjusting of Skill Ranks and bonuses manual.

Maybe in the future after the Core system is ironed out and working good I can look into bettering this system.

Thanks
Russell

Mithtaken
March 13th, 2018, 02:32
I am trying to create an Android PC who wants to add an armor upgrade to his upgrade slot on his body. I am unable to put his racial trait upgrade slot in the Forge in order to add the upgrade. Is there a different way the upgrade should be applied?

Samarex
March 13th, 2018, 05:22
I am trying to create an Android PC who wants to add an armor upgrade to his upgrade slot on his body. I am unable to put his racial trait upgrade slot in the Forge in order to add the upgrade. Is there a different way the upgrade should be applied?

Traits are not items so they can't be added to the forge.
What I would do just for record keeping, for showing the DM if questioned is to open the Upgrade Slot Trait and unlock it.
Then drag the upgrade you want to the description of the trait. (You can add a blurp to the name saying what Upgrade is in if you want)
Then just apply what ever the Upgrade gives you to your Character.

Blacklamb
March 13th, 2018, 17:10
Backpack weight benefits seem to calculate wrong, They look to increase your capacity by there number of strength they provide and no modify the strength score for carry. Also they should be zero weight when equipped. In the carry capacity editor changing strength items properly does the math. As my workaround I have been setting it to the value of the backpack and removing the weight from the backpack item. Also I have how backpacks work in this system.

Example 1:
Base Strength: 10
Capacity: 5

Industrial Backpack (+2 strength score)
Strength for carry: 12
Capacity: 6

Consumer Backpack (+1 strength score)
Strength for carry: 11

Example 2:
Base Strength: 11

Strength for carry: 13

merkvah
March 14th, 2018, 04:07
The text for the Mechanic's "Bypass" feature reads:

"You are skilled a getting inside computer systems and electronic devices. At 1st level, you gain a +1 insight bonus to Computers and Engineering skill checks. At 5th level, every 4 levels thereafter, and at 20th level, this bonus increases by 1. At 6th level, you can spend 1 resolve point to treat a failed bluff check for clever faint as if it were a success."

It should end at "this bonus increases by 1."

The remaining text is for something else entirely.

Samarex
March 14th, 2018, 04:21
Backpack weight benefits seem to calculate wrong, They look to increase your capacity by there number of strength they provide and no modify the strength score for carry. Also they should be zero weight when equipped. In the carry capacity editor changing strength items properly does the math. As my workaround I have been setting it to the value of the backpack and removing the weight from the backpack item. Also I have how backpacks work in this system.

Example 1:
Base Strength: 10

Strength for carry: 11

Example 2:
Base Strength: 11

Strength for carry: 13

Hi Blacklamb,
I am fixing this I had some numbers in the wrong spot in my math I got it corrected. I Also missed the little blurp about Backpack not counting toward bulk if it is Equipped (That is Also fixed)
But that brought up a question in my mind on Powered Armor.
From Powered Armor Section in the Book.
Bulk
A powered armor’s listed bulk refers to its bulk when it is
picked up or carried as cargo, and it does not count toward your
own normal carrying capacity. When you’re wearing powered
armor, you use that armor’s Strength to determine your
carrying capacity. Count everything you’re wearing, everything
the powered armor is holding, and any armor upgrades and
weapons mounted to the powered armor against this bulk limit.

So If I am not wearing the armor the bulk rating of the armor should add to my bulk until I equip it.

Am I correct here?
I have set the code to Include the Bulk of the armor ONLY if you have it selected to Carry ( Not Carry and Equip will have a 0 bulk on your total.)

Blacklamb
March 14th, 2018, 06:58
That sounds correct for the power Armor, and you set the strength to that when it's on instead of the characters strength.

Samarex
March 14th, 2018, 08:57
That sounds correct for the power Armor, and you set the strength to that when it's on instead of the characters strength.

Yep that already happens

Actually I don't set the Carry Str, I set the Characters actual Str to that of the Armors.

Treviron Riaxx
March 14th, 2018, 18:11
Yeah basicly power armor doesn't count when its worn because it supports itself and does not exert (sp?) Weight on its wearer. But if you are dragging it which would make one wonder how the hell your carrying it without a cart of some sort due to the fact its bigger than you lol.

But yeah it uses its own carry capacity based on its strength until you forget to recharge it and then well if its unpowered then you add the bulk of it to your capacity if wearing it and have fun moving around. Lol

Samarex
March 14th, 2018, 23:09
Yeah basicly power armor doesn't count when its worn because it supports itself and does not exert (sp?) Weight on its wearer. But if you are dragging it which would make one wonder how the hell your carrying it without a cart of some sort due to the fact its bigger than you lol.

But yeah it uses its own carry capacity based on its strength until you forget to recharge it and then well if its unpowered then you add the bulk of it to your capacity if wearing it and have fun moving around. Lol

Yes thats how I inturpeted it also, I was just asking to be sure I was correct. That is all coded in and will be in the next update.
Well all except the losing power due to a dead battery. I have to leave somthing manual for rhe players to do or it would be a single player game DM only.

Curaidh
March 15th, 2018, 19:57
Combat Tracker (for players):
Ctrl-Click Targeting not working (Works on map for Players and GM; no idea if this is a general problem or only on our end, but we could not get Ctrl-Targeting to work on the tracker for Players. Works just fine for the GM)
SP and RP not visible for players - only visible for GM (Players should see their own SP on a quick glance)

Samarex
March 16th, 2018, 03:10
Combat Tracker (for players):
Ctrl-Click Targeting not working (Works on map for Players and GM; no idea if this is a general problem or only on our end, but we could not get Ctrl-Targeting to work on the tracker for Players. Works just fine for the GM)
SP and RP not visible for players - only visible for GM (Players should see their own SP on a quick glance)

Yes that is a Core Rules bug. It is known and on the list to fix.

xanstin
March 16th, 2018, 03:47
Bulk shows at encumbered when your unencumbered is 6 and you are at 6.2. My understanding is that factions don't count until you reach 10 of those types of gear. So until you hit 7 it should still show unencumbered

Samarex
March 16th, 2018, 04:01
Bulk shows at encumbered when your unencumbered is 6 and you are at 6.2. My understanding is that factions don't count until you reach 10 of those types of gear. So until you hit 7 it should still show unencumbered

This has been fixed and is on the test chanal, scheduled for next update.

xanstin
March 17th, 2018, 02:28
Mercenary Theme shows master pilot as 18 ability instead of commander like the reference manual and actual book22646

(Edited by Samarex)
This has been fixed and will be in next update.

Mithtaken
March 17th, 2018, 04:28
When leveling a character at a point where they get stat bonuses. FG is always applying a +2 bonus to the stats even if the stat is >= 17. At 17+ the bonus should be +1. See pg 21 of Core Rulebook.

Edit: Hmm may not be a bug depending on how the character is built. If the original 10 stat points at creating are applied directly to the Base it works as per rules. If the original 10 stat points were put in Mod box then it adds +2 even if the total score is 17+ (Base + Mod). So, I am assuming that the original 10 ability points distribution is suppose to go to base so it is not a bug. When is the Mod box used? Feats/Magic/items?

Samarex
March 17th, 2018, 04:35
When leveling a character at a point where they get stat bonuses. FG is ALWAYS applying a +2 bonus to the stats even if the stat is >= 17. At 17+ the bonus should be +1. See pg 21 of Core Rulebook

What version of SFRPG is loading? I just leveled a Soldier from 1-20 and the Stats leveled perfect.

Can anyone else repeat this?

Mithtaken
March 17th, 2018, 04:53
Sorry was editing original post when your reply came. See updated post.

Samarex
March 17th, 2018, 04:58
When leveling a character at a point where they get stat bonuses. FG is always applying a +2 bonus to the stats even if the stat is >= 17. At 17+ the bonus should be +1. See pg 21 of Core Rulebook.

Edit: Hmm may not be a bug depending on how the character is built. If the original 10 stat points at creating are applied directly to the Base it works as per rules. If the original 10 stat points were put in Mod box then it adds +2 even if the total score is 17+ (Base + Mod). So, I am assuming that the original 10 ability points distribution is suppose to go to base so it is not a bug. When is the Mod box used? Feats/Magic/items?

Thanks that explains it. Yes your 10 points is suppose to go in your BASE value and this is the score that is modified by the Ability Score adjustment at levels 5 10 15 20.
The Mod box is someplace to put mods to your Ability Score not covered in Automation.

I have created a Wiki to explain a little about the Character Sheet. It includes a section on Character Creation.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/SFRPG_Character_Sheet

Talen
March 17th, 2018, 16:26
Hi Samarex, a few potential issues to the list:

1. General: When building a Hover drone, The Ability Scores and Saves don't appear to come over properly (or at least don't match the 1st level iconic for Scout)
2. Dead Suns AP2- Temple of the Twelve: The known issue regarding defensive abilities prevents certain encounters from loading properly into the combat tracker. For example, the scamper ability for the Kuarkariki (1st one loads but subsequent do not)

Samarex
March 17th, 2018, 16:47
Hi Samarex, a few potential issues to the list:

1. General: When building a Hover drone, The Ability Scores and Saves don't appear to come over properly (or at least don't match the 1st level iconic for Scout)
2. Dead Suns AP2- Temple of the Twelve: The known issue regarding defensive abilities prevents certain encounters from loading properly into the combat tracker. For example, the scamper ability for the Kuarkariki (1st one loads but subsequent do not)

Not sure what you mean by level iconic for Scout.
( You used the correct Drone Race right)
I Tried a Hover Drone on both Live and Test. the Ability Scores and Saves look fine.
You on Live or Test?

#2 Dead Suns AP2- Temple of the Twelve: The known issue regarding defensive abilities prevents certain encounters from loading properly into the combat tracker. For example, the scamper ability for the Kuarkariki (1st one loads but subsequent do not)
I just load back to Live to verify, and yes the console error pops up.
1.0.5 is on Test Server (if Nothing is found to stop It should go live on Tues) This issue does not show up on 1.0.5
(Make sure to Open you Library Data Modules Activation and Right Click on AP2. If a Pair of Arrows in a Circle Show Click it . It will revert changes to the module that is stored in your campaign back to the AP itself. . This could also cause a issue if the AP updated.

Talen
March 17th, 2018, 20:52
Im using Live and did selectt the Hover Drone race - but I suspect the issue is the sketchy observance of the rules in setting up the Starfinder pregens and glad to hear about the defensive abilities.

Here's a new one to ponder I think. In parsing out the Fatigue spell, everything appears to be fine - except when I crit which leads to a console error.

Samarex
March 17th, 2018, 23:29
Im using Live and did selectt the Hover Drone race - but I suspect the issue is the sketchy observance of the rules in setting up the Starfinder pregens and glad to hear about the defensive abilities.

Here's a new one to ponder I think. In parsing out the Fatigue spell, everything appears to be fine - except when I crit which leads to a console error.

Whats the console error?

Talen
March 18th, 2018, 04:04
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack_lua"]494: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nDefenseVal' ( a nil value)

Samarex
March 18th, 2018, 05:45
Make sure you have a valid target.

Talen
March 18th, 2018, 05:58
Yep -that did the trick...was only an issue when 20's came up, but once targeted, no console error.

Irdaland
March 20th, 2018, 02:27
Solarian stellar revelations don't self populate the lines. Am I supposed to fill in description, save, effects on all the blank lines?

Samarex
March 20th, 2018, 05:31
Solarian stellar revelations don't self populate the lines. Am I supposed to fill in description, save, effects on all the blank lines?

Not sure what your trying to do

Irdaland
March 20th, 2018, 18:07
In character creation of 3rd level Solarian they have an ability Flare as a Stellar revelation. When I drag and drop on character it shows up on sheet but doesn't do anything. Clicking on it produce a bunch of empty lines . So I am assuming I have to figure out the save and fill it in, type in a description, type in the effect of the class ability? Not sure if these lines should have self populated when I dragged and dropped?

xanstin
March 20th, 2018, 19:06
Modifiers window "+/-" -
-Using any of the cover options it appears only to change the attack roll and not the dex save as stated in the rules. Is this as intended? If not then a new one will need to be added for "soft cover" which doesn't offer the dex save bonus but still offers AC bonus.
-Superior Cover in rule book is Improved Cover
-Flanking button would be a nice addition for new players to capture the +2 with a word vs using +2 below in free form modifiers

Samarex
March 20th, 2018, 22:59
In character creation of 3rd level Solarian they have an ability Flare as a Stellar revelation. When I drag and drop on character it shows up on sheet but doesn't do anything. Clicking on it produce a bunch of empty lines . So I am assuming I have to figure out the save and fill it in, type in a description, type in the effect of the class ability? Not sure if these lines should have self populated when I dragged and dropped?

I will take a look and see whats going on.

Samarex
March 20th, 2018, 23:00
Modifiers window "+/-" -
-Using any of the cover options it appears only to change the attack roll and not the dex save as stated in the rules. Is this as intended? If not then a new one will need to be added for "soft cover" which doesn't offer the dex save bonus but still offers AC bonus.
-Superior Cover in rule book is Improved Cover
-Flanking button would be a nice addition for new players to capture the +2 with a word vs using +2 below in free form modifiers

Will have to look at this.

Samarex
March 20th, 2018, 23:34

Click on the Other Tab. The Description is in there.
Any effects of the Revelations are not automated at this point. And I will add a Bug issue to our list to fix the Main/Other Tabs. The Desc should really be showing in the Main tab.

Hope this helps.

Blahness98
March 21st, 2018, 15:47
The following conditions are not working properly from my internal tests: Asleep, Cowering, Encumbered, Grappled, Off-kilter, Off-target, Panicked, Pinned, Stunned. See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists&p=381830&viewfull=1#post381830) for my fixes.

lordjeb
March 24th, 2018, 14:48
Just creating a new character and noticed:

* Technomancer Key Ability is empty
* Resolve Points calculated incorrectly (due to Key Ability empty, I think)
* Skilled points from Human race not added to my total ranks available
* Weapon specialization not added automatically for Technomancer level 3
* Spell penetration and greater spell penetration feats not added to spell penetration field on Actions tab
* No damage actions parsed from spell description (I believe this is already on the known list)
* Seems to be wanting me to prepare spells, rather than use a spell slot style system as described in the book

Samarex
March 24th, 2018, 16:53
Just creating a new character and noticed:

* Spell penetration and greater spell penetration feats not added to spell penetration field on Actions tab
* No damage actions parsed from spell description (I believe this is already on the known list)
* Seems to be wanting me to prepare spells, rather than use a spell slot style system as described in the book
Hi lordjeb, I Just quickly created a Technomancer-

Fixed
Yes this is on the known List
Click on the Book next to Technomancer Name on Actions to cycle Casting Type.

Not able to Repeat these issue's
After opening the Ability Score editor Key Ability showed (Int)
Resolve Points were 2 (Class level / 4 (min 1) + Key Ability Bonus (Int 12 so +1)
Skill Points added in correct for human
Reported in Chat Box. "Skill ranks for class Technomancer added (4+1+1)
4 (Technomancer) +1 (Int Bonus) +1 (Human Skilled).

​This was verified and I will look into it. (But you can manually add the bonus in)

lordjeb
March 24th, 2018, 18:02
Here's the repro steps on the missing key ability modifier...

* Create new character
* Fill in name 'Tester'
* Click ability editor - Stats 10, 12, 12, 15, 10, 11
* Drag 'Human' and drop on race, choose Intelligence to boost
* Drag 'Scholar' and drop on theme - change Key Ability as 'Int' (This is the mistake I made)
* Drag 'Technomancer' and drop on class - notice that it has no key ability - in the XML file under the classes node it is missing classkey and classkeymod

Vhok
March 24th, 2018, 18:54
in the combat tracker if you set it to show monsters status(healthy,wounded,critical,dying,dead. etc etc) it is just a blank rectangle with no status inside it.

natural 20's cause an error message if you have no target and do not show in the chat window(which has caused some arguments about the validity of the 20)

Blahness98
March 24th, 2018, 19:01
The order of your operations appear to be incorrect. That is what might be causing the issue. These are my steps..

New Character
Named it "TechnoMook"
Tossed on the theme.
Tossed the race.
FG autopopped the Ability Points box.
Filled in the box.
Dropped Technomancer on.
Key ability there.

The way you are doing it, it will not auto fill it and it will leave it as "Base" as the key ability. You can then click the box and change it to Int, but it will not update the RP threshold. The steps are there in the wiki for the character sheet and if followed they work. See the wiki here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/SFRPG_Character_Sheet)

Sorry if this post sounds negative, my cold just decided to let me know it still cares and I am half aware of what I am typing. Hopefully this makes sense..

lordjeb
March 24th, 2018, 19:45
@Blahness98, thanks for the note. I didn't see the wiki before, and that will help.

If the software/ruleset cannot detect that you are doing things in the wrong order and prevent it, I humbly request that maybe the Key Ability field be editable so you can fix things once their screwed up. I fixed mine by opening the XML of my completed character, and creating a new level-1 char that had the correct key ability, and then figuring out what nodes to move over, and how to manually adjust my resolve points. So my character sheet is great, and everything is dandy. But I'm guessing I won't be the only one to ever run into this, particularly since the order of character creation seems out-of-order compared to the 5e ruleset. (Not that it's wrong in any way, it just doesn't have any for me to know it's wrong, or to fix it after the fact.)

Samarex
March 24th, 2018, 23:49
Here's the repro steps on the missing key ability modifier...

* Create new character
* Fill in name 'Tester'
* Click ability editor - Stats 10, 12, 12, 15, 10, 11
* Drag 'Human' and drop on race, choose Intelligence to boost
* Drag 'Scholar' and drop on theme - change Key Ability as 'Int' (This is the mistake I made)
* Drag 'Technomancer' and drop on class - notice that it has no key ability - in the XML file under the classes node it is missing classkey and classkeymod

Thats why,
Steps are
Drop in Race (Adjusts ability scores for race automatic)
Drop in Theme (Adjusts ability score from theme Automatic)
----Abilities Editor Automatically Opens to Add your 10 points.
Drop in Class

Samarex
March 25th, 2018, 07:51
@Blahness98, thanks for the note. I didn't see the wiki before, and that will help.

If the software/ruleset cannot detect that you are doing things in the wrong order and prevent it, I humbly request that maybe the Key Ability field be editable so you can fix things once their screwed up. I fixed mine by opening the XML of my completed character, and creating a new level-1 char that had the correct key ability, and then figuring out what nodes to move over, and how to manually adjust my resolve points. So my character sheet is great, and everything is dandy. But I'm guessing I won't be the only one to ever run into this, particularly since the order of character creation seems out-of-order compared to the 5e ruleset. (Not that it's wrong in any way, it just doesn't have any for me to know it's wrong, or to fix it after the fact.)

Ok I have made some changes.
Now if you Try to Drop in a Class or try to open the ability editor you are told in Chat Box
Select Race and Theme before Adding Class or Select Race and Theme before editing Ability Stats. (Note Drone only require Race and you are told that too.)
After you Drop in your Race and Theme the Ability Editor will still automatically open to apply your 10 points.
Key Ability is not there at this point.
After you have adjusted your Ability Score Base Values and closed the editor you can reopen it but the Key Ability is still not shown.
Once you drop in your Class you can open the Editor and see your Key Ability.

Hope this helps preventing errors in the first steps of Character Creation.

As far as "character creation seems out-of-order compared to the 5e ruleset."
Yes it is not the same as 3.5/Pathfinder/5E or most rulesets. Most have you roll your stats and apply then start all your selecting. But in Starfinder the rules are designed for you to
1- Create a Character Concept. (What are you looking for in your Character.)
Review Races/Themes/Classes for what they have to offer
Once you have your Concept decided.
2- Select your Race (FG Drop it in Charactersheet).
3- Select your Theme (FG Drop it in Charactersheet).
These steps set up your ability scores to adjusted values from Race and Theme.
4- Choose a Class. ( now this was confusing at first but after really reading the step hard. Its not telling us to APPLY the class only to Review the class. What is the classes key features and key ability so you have a better idea what you should set you final Ability Score adjustment to.
5- Finalize your Ability Scores (add your 10 Points) -This is the primary way to do this step. But there are alternate rules for ability Score generation. The ruleset is designed automation for the Primary way, but if you use one of the alternate way, go ahead and make your rolls or what ever is decided on. Add in your Race and Theme adjustments then set the Base values to those numbers.
6- Apply your Class (FG Drop it in Charactersheet). Some of this is automated some is not at this point. You will need to go thru your abilities and features and configure your character.
Then from here on is standard add Skills/Feats Equipment and the fine details.

I have done my best to try and make things as simple as possible.

damned
March 25th, 2018, 11:14

Great suggestion lordjeb. Many error checking routines are not possible to code or are quite challenging to the point of making them not worthwhile.
Following the character creation steps as per the rulebook and as per the guide should work for you.
If your char is fubar - creating a new one following the steps - should only take a fistful of minutes.

Dyark
March 25th, 2018, 14:03
Hi check this before posting to make sure I do not reapeat a bug

The critical doesn't apply the effect : example the Laser Pistol, Azimut, on critical the target get a burning effet of 1d4, while playing a game I saw it is not the case.
Temporary I created and effect of : Burning; DMGO: 1d4 fire, which works fine but it would be great to either have it build automatically (very long) or opening a field ine the weapons to manually enter the effect (shorter)

Thanks

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42771-Starfinder-Known-Bugs

Mithtaken
March 25th, 2018, 18:54
I have an inventory list with 3.2 bulk by my calculation but I am getting a total bulk of 2. I suspect it may be related to multiple entries of the same item? Just a hunch. Anyway here is a screenshot of the bug.

Allmight
March 25th, 2018, 19:23
I have an inventory list with 3.2 bulk by my calculation but I am getting a total bulk of 2. I suspect it may be related to multiple entries of the same item? Just a hunch. Anyway here is an screenshot of bug.

I can confirm this. I even tried to stack up items of same type, but it still did'nt add up. I moved all equiped items into the bag, still no change.

It kind of feels like it does'nt keep track of "Light Bulk". Are we supposed to keep track of this manually?

Samarex
March 26th, 2018, 01:54
I have an inventory list with 3.2 bulk by my calculation but I am getting a total bulk of 2. I suspect it may be related to multiple entries of the same item? Just a hunch. Anyway here is a screenshot of the bug.

Ok I found the little bugger running around in one of the files.... I squashed him.

I have got it fixed. It now adds the 0.1 items correct. I had my math.floor in the wrong spot. I thought I checked all this on the last update.
Anyway for now until it gets pushed out track it...

Sorry All.

ragnaroc1011
March 26th, 2018, 17:55
Morning. Been a while.

Playing over the weekend we noticed an issue with the Tactical Doshko weapon. Seem it does not register crits. As a test I made a character and equipped the Tactical Dosko and attacked a target until I got a 20 then rolled crit. Only one crit dice rolled. The KAC of the target was well below the total of the 20 sided die so it should have been a crit roll. Below is a link to the picture.

So to make the experiment balanced, I equipped an Advanced Doshko to the same character and rolled until I got a 20 then rolled damage. This is against the same target as before. When I rolled damage, I got the double die crit roll correctly. So the issue seems to be with the Tactical Doshko weapon itself. Below is a pic of the rolls.

If I find any other issues with weapons I will be sure to let you know Samarex. Thanks again for all yours, and the other Dev's hard work.

~Rags

Trenloe
March 26th, 2018, 21:12
When I rolled damage, I got the double die crit roll correctly.
Look closely - you didn't get double damage. That weapon has 2d12 for the damage normally.

Samarex
March 26th, 2018, 22:57
Morning. Been a while.

Playing over the weekend we noticed an issue with the Tactical Doshko weapon. Seem it does not register crits. As a test I made a character and equipped the Tactical Dosko and attacked a target until I got a 20 then rolled crit. Only one crit dice rolled. The KAC of the target was well below the total of the 20 sided die so it should have been a crit roll. Below is a link to the picture.

So to make the experiment balanced, I equipped an Advanced Doshko to the same character and rolled until I got a 20 then rolled damage. This is against the same target as before. When I rolled damage, I got the double die crit roll correctly. So the issue seems to be with the Tactical Doshko weapon itself. Below is a pic of the rolls.

If I find any other issues with weapons I will be sure to let you know Samarex. Thanks again for all yours, and the other Dev's hard work.

~Rags

Actually look closely at the attack roll. It was a Automatic Hit not a Crit.
Review the Rule book on Critical Hits. When you ro" a natural 20 you have a Chance of a Critical Hit., I other games this was done by a Crit Cirfirm Roll.. In Starfinder is a Calulated check.
You take your total Roll and sutract the Targets AC
Then if the the Result is equal to or higher than the Targets AC its a Critical Hit otherwise a Automatic Hit for normal damage.
Examples
20+3=23 roll vs 24 eac this is a automatic hit
20+3 =23 roll against a 14 kac
23-14=9 this is a Automatic Hit normal damage
20+3=23 vs 11eac
23-11=12 the result is Higher than the AC thus is a Crtical Hit and would do double damage plus any Crit effect.

Samarex
March 26th, 2018, 23:12
Actually look closely at the attack roll. It was a Automatic Hit not a Crit.
Review the Rule book on Critical Hits. When you ro" a natural 20 you have a Chance of a Critical Hit., I other games this was done by a Crit Cirfirm Roll.. In Starfinder is a Calulated check.
You take your total Roll and sutract the Targets AC
Then if the the Result is equal to or higher than the Targets AC its a Critical Hit otherwise a Automatic Hit for normal damage.
Examples
20+3=23 roll vs 24 eac this is a automatic hit
20+3 =23 roll against a 14 kac
23-14=9 this is a Automatic Hit normal damage
20+3=23 vs 11eac
23-11=12 the result is Higher than the AC thus is a Crtical Hit and would do double damage plus any Crit effect.

And after looking up the NPC it has a 12eac 14 kac so the attack vs Kac would need to be a 28 or higher tlo be a Critical hit.

Trenloe
March 26th, 2018, 23:20
And after looking up the NPC it has a 12eac 14 kac so the attack vs Kac would need to be a 28 or higher tlo be a Critical hit.
Nope, this is not how it works. The total attack roll (With the nat 20) has to exceed the relevant AC - that's it.

Page 246 of the rulebook: "If the total result of your attack roll meets or exceeds the target's EAC or KAC (as appropriate for your attack) you've also scored a critical hit."

It is simply exceed the relevant defence value, not double it or anything like that - which appears to be what the ruleset is doing (looking at double the AC).

Samarex
March 26th, 2018, 23:26
Nope, this is not how it works. The total attack roll (With the nat 20) has to exceed the relevant AC - that's it.

Page 246 of the rulebook: "If the total result of your attack roll meets or exceeds the target's EAC or KAC (as appropriate for your attack) you've also scored a critical hit."

It is simply exceed the relevant defence value, not double it or anything like that - which appears to be what the ruleset is doing (looking at double the AC).

Will look when the family wakes up. I may have miss read it myself. It will be a easy fix. I know where its at.

Samarex
March 26th, 2018, 23:58
Will look when the family wakes up. I may have miss read it myself. It will be a easy fix. I know where its at.

Ok Sorry, I miss-read it some how. After reading again I have no clue where I got the idea I needed to subtract the AC. Anyway I got it fixed.

Dyark
March 27th, 2018, 00:40
Ok Sorry, I miss-read it some how. After reading again I have no clue where I got the idea I needed to subtract the AC. Anyway I got it fixed.

Can you fix the condition that goes with the crit also ?

Samarex
March 27th, 2018, 01:18
Can you fix the condition that goes with the crit also ?

That is going to be a little more extensive work but its on my list for Effects and Conditions.

Locotomo
March 27th, 2018, 08:41
Hi,
Last night my players leveled up.
But we found out that we cannot adjust the level of the characters from 1 to 2.
We can manually add skill points, stamina points and hit points but we just can’t adjust the level.
And we can‘t enter the key ability for classes. (for example i can‘t add Intelligence as the key ability for the Drone Mechanic).

Samarex
March 27th, 2018, 08:54
Hi,
Last night my players leveled up.
But we found out that we cannot adjust the level of the characters from 1 to 2.
We can manually add skill points, stamina points and hit points but we just can’t adjust the level.
And we can‘t enter the key ability for classes. (for example i can‘t add Intelligence as the key ability for the Drone Mechanic).

When you level open your Class editor the magnify glass next to you class then click and drag blue icon into the editor box you will auto level up

Locotomo
March 27th, 2018, 09:53
Thank you, that being sorted we have another problem.
When our soldier fires a ranged weapon or attacks with his pike he always gets an EFFECT-2.
Where is that coming from? I can´t find any mistakes.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2018, 13:34
When our soldier fires a ranged weapon or attacks with his pike he always gets an EFFECT-2.
Where is that coming from? I can´t find any mistakes.
Effects are on the combat tracker. Check what has been added to the PC on the combat tracker. If you can’t see anything, please provide a screenshot of the GM side combat tracker and the chat window showing the attack text with the issue.

Locotomo
March 27th, 2018, 13:58
Thank you very much, problems solved :)

ragnaroc1011
March 27th, 2018, 13:59

Thanks for the work, Sam and Tren!

ChumSlinger
March 28th, 2018, 03:04
This was kinda mentioned earlier.... but not in very clear terms.
The Feats information windows do not describe the prerequisites for the feats, and dragging the respective feats information icon to your character sheet does not check to see if you meet the prerequisites for that feat.

Samarex
March 28th, 2018, 04:38
This was kinda mentioned earlier.... but not in very clear terms.
The Feats information windows do not describe the prerequisites for the feats, and dragging the respective feats information icon to your character sheet does not check to see if you meet the prerequisites for that feat.

The Feats information windows do not describe the prerequisites for the feats
This been fixed and you will see it in the next update
Dragging the respective feats information icon to your character sheet does not check to see if you meet the prerequisites for that feat.
Well the Feats will now show the prerequisites but there is nothing in the code that will check to see if you have the prerequisites. Pathfinder nor 5E even have that level of automation.

ChumSlinger
March 28th, 2018, 20:59
The Feats information windows do not describe the prerequisites for the feats
This been fixed and you will see it in the next update

Excellent, Thanks for all of the amazing support for FG!

Dyark
April 4th, 2018, 11:37
Just out of curiosity what is the ETA for Staship combat tracker ?

I just ran one yesterday and manually is long :-)

ragnaroc1011
April 4th, 2018, 19:29
Considering they are working on it, but it is absolute new creation of a system for fantasy grounds, I would stick with the... "When it is ready line." They have to create a whole new module for Starship combat alone. That may take some time. Hopefully it is not too far off, but I wouldn't be expecting it soon.

Dyark
April 5th, 2018, 03:12
In the item templates, they Jump jets is missing : level 2 item at page 205 in the book

lordjeb
April 5th, 2018, 19:42
On the descriptive page ("Other") for the Technomancer class, the Class Table at 5th level has the saves as +4, +4, +1 when they should be +1, +1, +4.

Samarex
April 6th, 2018, 00:32
On the descriptive page ("Other") for the Technomancer class, the Class Table at 5th level has the saves as +4, +4, +1 when they should be +1, +1, +4.

I have updated the input file it will be corrected on the next parsing .
Its just info , The ruleset don't actually use that info for leveling so you should be ok.

Samarex

xanstin
April 6th, 2018, 15:27
A few things from yesterdays game -

-Crits weren't showing up but I think that is on the list already (rolled a 20 with a +3 for 23 vs 13 KAC did not show crit)
-When shots are fired from ranged weapons ammo inst changing to show usage
-When NPCs received the dying condition the remove trash can doesn't show up.
-Health Dots on tokens doesn't change color with Health loss
-Effect with AC: +2 doesn't seem to work I would imagine due to KAC/EAC but those didn't work either
-Custom Effect for Fire at Will to use once per modifier with SKILL: -4; SKILL: -4 doesn't work properly it does EFFECT -8 on the first roll then EFFECT -4 on the second. It does work properly for making a custom full attack using the ATK: -4; ATK: -4 doing a -4 on each one.

Blahness98
April 6th, 2018, 17:01
-Crits weren't showing up but I think that is on the list already (rolled a 20 with a +3 for 23 vs 13 KAC did not show crit)
This is a known issue and I believe they are working on it.

-When shots are fired from ranged weapons ammo inst changing to show usage
As far as I know, this has always been the case (for 3.5 and PF at least). It requires manual ticks to lower your ammo count on the actions tab and manual tracking of total ammo.

-When NPCs received the dying condition the remove trash can doesn't show up.
You will need to expand the effects in order to remove these conditions. It is the icon that looks like a foot with wings.

-Health Dots on tokens doesn't change color with Health loss
This is also a known issue.

-Effect with AC: +2 doesn't seem to work I would imagine due to KAC/EAC but those didn't work either
Appears to be working correctly. You will not see any changes on the character sheet, but you will see them in the chat window when an attack is rolled. See the following example. The first one I have AC: +2 on the character. The second one, I have the effect off. You will see a [DEF EFFECTS +2] in the first attack line, but not in the second.

-Custom Effect for Fire at Will to use once per modifier with SKILL: -4; SKILL: -4 doesn't work properly it does EFFECT -8 on the first roll then EFFECT -4 on the second. It does work properly for making a custom full attack using the ATK: -4; ATK: -4 doing a -4 on each one.
Fire At Will should just be an ATK: -4 effect. The effect should be removed by the player after the attack has been made. I don't see where the SKILL: -4 would come into play (assuming you are talking about the star ship gunner action). But, in the skill effect case, you have two single use modifiers to the skills. The way you have coded the effect, the first roll will have both tags stacked upon it for a -8 total. Once the first roll is taken, there will only be a single SKILL: -4 tag left and that will grant the correct -4.

If you have questions on effects, let me know. I have yet to do anything with star ship effects as I don't know how the new combat tracker for stars ships will work. I can cobble something together in a few days to get some work arounds out there.

xanstin
April 6th, 2018, 17:20
1. Comparing to 5E ruleset perhaps doesnt exist in PF ruleset
2. Not talking about effects - when an NPC dies and reaches max wounds a remove item garbage can should show up. Verified in PF ruleset doesnt work in SF. (Aid to remove quickly from CT instead of using radial right click menu)
3. Bug
4. Had a syntax error; working properly
5. My hope was that it would work as if you put ATK: -X; DMG: -X it does the first then removes then the second. So to minimize clicks if you put a effect Fire at will or Full attack with ATK(or SKILL): -4; ATK: -4 it would use each separately one for the first roll one for the second but it appears that it adds all ATKs or skills together although removes each -4 after a roll individually. (ATK only worked for me because i had a syntax error, once i corrected had the same -8 behavior)

Blahness98
April 6th, 2018, 17:29
1. Comparing to 5E ruleset perhaps doesnt exist in PF ruleset
I don't play 5e, so I didn't know about this functionality. But, as this rule set is built upon PF, that is why is has not been added.

2. Not talking about effects - when an NPC dies and reaches max wounds a remove item garbage can should show up. Verified in PF ruleset doesnt work in SF.
My bad, didn't understand what you were talking about. Nice catch.

5. My hope was that it would work as if you put ATK: -X; DMG: -X it does the first then removes then the second. So to minimize clicks if you put a effect Fire at will or Full attack with ATK(or SKILL): -4; ATK: -4 it would use each separately one for the first roll one for the second but it appears that it adds all ATKs or skills together although removes each -4 after a roll individually. (ATK only worked for me because i had a syntax error, once i corrected had the same -8 behavior)
Yeah, doesn't work that way unfortunately. It would be nice, but the effects system just sees the pair of the same tags and does the math accordingly. Works great with different tags though.. Still, Fire at Will should just be the one effect and then have the player remove it when done. Granted, it is an extra pair of clicks..

xanstin
April 6th, 2018, 17:32
Yeah an easy work around for 5. just trying to streamline as much as possible :) Never have done in any ruleset duplicate type modifiers. Has always has been different types applied at separate times which obviously works.

Samarex
April 7th, 2018, 00:00
For the Critical Issue. This has been fixed and will go out with 1.0.7 which is scheduled for this weeks update. It is currently on test server
Along with that fix there are a few other minor bug fixes along with the adding of Archetypes into the system.

If you look at the Known Bugs thread the first post is known bugs. The second post.list bugs that have been fixed and features added that will go out on the next update.

Samarex

xanstin
April 7th, 2018, 02:47
Alien Archive is missing Space Goblin Zaperator CR1/3 and Space Goblin Honchohead CR 2. Alien archive shows a monarch which is from core rulebook.

The core version of the space goblin monark has name in all caps.

ragnaroc1011
April 7th, 2018, 06:14
Just wanted to bring this FAQ up to you guys in case you were not aware of it. It is an official post by Paizo. It explains some entries within the Core Rulebook but above all, there are changes. Significantly to the Starfighter area, but also some smaller ones to some class abilites and weapons. I would advise reading over the changes and the full FAQ. With the Starfighter area the main changes are made to the DC cost of the crew abilities. Engineering, Science, Captain, and Pilot really. Here is the link. (Samarex, may help you guys not to have to make some small changes later if you are aware of it now.)

https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1hi#v5748eaic9w55

Samarex
April 11th, 2018, 01:45
Version 1.0.7 went Live today
See some of the Fixes here
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42771-Starfinder-Known-Bugs&p=384606&viewfull=1#post384606

Thanks
Samarex

xanstin
April 11th, 2018, 02:26
Just a extremely minor comment, Archetypes are in ALL CAPS as is the Space Goblin Monarch in Core Rulebook. Very Low priority just for uniformity.

Still has issue when a Monster runs out of hp once effect dying etc added, the remove item garbage can for the NPC itself doesn't show up on CT. Its not on the bug list just a reminder issue persists.

Samarex
April 11th, 2018, 04:16
Still has issue when a Monster runs out of hp once effect dying etc added, the remove item garbage can for the NPC itself doesn't show up on CT. Its not on the bug list just a reminder issue persists.

Added to Bug list
Thanks Xanstin

blfiller
April 11th, 2018, 13:54
Just a small interface issue.
-- Text is leaking into the bottom border when it is resized. When this happens you click on the text
instead of the border to resize/move.
-- Unable to click top border to relocate window

Nothing monumental or apocalyptic.

Samarex
April 11th, 2018, 13:59
Just a small interface issue.
-- Text is leaking into the bottom border when it is resized. When this happens you click on the text
instead of the border to resize/move.
-- Unable to click top border to relocate window

Nothing monumental or apocalyptic.

Good chace that will be corrected when Starships come out. But I will pass it on to the Starship developer just in case.

blfiller
April 11th, 2018, 16:15
Good chace that will be corrected when Starships come out. But I will pass it on to the Starship developer just in case.

Didn't know notes and starships was part of the same developer (missed it if it was in the forum), wouldn't have bothered posting after the fact.

Trenloe
April 11th, 2018, 17:45
Didn't know notes and starships was part of the same developer (missed it if it was in the forum), wouldn't have bothered posting after the fact.
It wasn't immediately obvious from your post that it was a FG "note" that had the issue. Thanks for clarifying.

Is it just the note window or other windows that have the issue?

blfiller
April 11th, 2018, 18:21
It wasn't immediately obvious from your post that it was a FG "note" that had the issue. Thanks for clarifying.

Is it just the note window or other windows that have the issue?

My apologies for not being more clear... As far as I can tell, just notes, the others are pretty solid.

Ok I will look at it. I thought it was something ship related. I have seen some of whats comming but not all of it so when I seen ship tiers at the top I took it that it was it was ship related

Samarex
April 12th, 2018, 02:40

I see the bleed thru on the Note. (I will add this to our list.)

I can't repeat the resizing and relocating issue. I am able to resize and relocate the window even when the text is bleeding thru the bottom frame.

blfiller
April 12th, 2018, 03:29
I'm not sure if it has something to do with what is going on with the text extends beyond the red tab (see "character creation"). Everything else seems to be in order elsewhere, just on any entry that allows you to extend beyond that border. Finding that sweet spot allows you to move it on the top border, but in the center prevents it from moving. Nothing monumental, just "there."

https://youtu.be/8UEaaRmnL5c

blfiller
April 12th, 2018, 04:53
Adding a different issue that I didn't notice in the bugs list, tokens aren't updating in client when new folders or items are added in win explorer. Creating a folder hierarchy and or dropping items does not update in fg.

When selecting the in client token modules, those will show up when loaded. I also have tokens from a 5e game that did load, but new items don't populate... even on a client restart.

Mithtaken
April 13th, 2018, 19:29
When I open up the Archetypes dialog via button in Classes I see two Archetype entries. But I need to click on the Paizo icon in order to see what they are and their features.

Blahness98
April 13th, 2018, 20:57
When I open up the Archetypes dialog via button in Classes I see two Archetype entries. But I need to click on the Paizo icon in order to see what they are and their features.

There is an actual archetypes button that would allow you to get around that bug. You will need to go into the library and click the check box next to the flag to add it to the desktop and then you can view it.

Blahness98
April 13th, 2018, 21:03
Adding a different issue that I didn't notice in the bugs list, tokens aren't updating in client when new folders or items are added in win explorer. Creating a folder hierarchy and or dropping items does not update in fg.

When selecting the in client token modules, those will show up when loaded. I also have tokens from a 5e game that did load, but new items don't populate... even on a client restart.

Are you placing a token inside the folder you just created or just creating empty folders? FG will not recognize the new folder unless there is something inside of it. The moment you place a token in the new folder you created, it will populate in the tokens box and give you the new bag with the token inside.

xanstin
April 13th, 2018, 22:50
The self-charging computer upgrade (page 216) is not in the FG items list for Computers.

Samarex
April 14th, 2018, 01:52

Found the little bug and squashed him...
Names now show in that list.

Samarex

Curaidh
April 14th, 2018, 01:58
Missing Items in Alien Archive:
Heavy Armor: Kyokor plating II is missing, the other levels are in.
Magic Items: Reckless Gloves, Resilient Jacket, Trampling Boots (all on pg. 79)

Gwaihir Scout
April 14th, 2018, 02:25
I had a player get this error when I shared an image. This happened with every image I added to the campaign, but not any from modules.

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/images/Ship Role - Captain.png) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

Resetting the cache did not make the error go away next image.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2018, 02:51
I had a player get this error when I shared an image. This happened with every image I added to the campaign, but not any from modules.

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/images/Ship Role - Captain.png) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

Resetting the cache did not make the error go away next image.
Hey there! :)

Sounds like a generic FG issue and most often happens when:
1) File access rights aren't correct for the whole of the FG data directory.
2) The computer is running out of memory. Are there any other errors reported? How much memory is the player instance of FG using? And are they using a 64-bit or 32-bit operating system.

Samarex
April 14th, 2018, 03:09
Missing Items in Alien Archive:
Heavy Armor: Kyokor plating II is missing, the other levels are in.
Magic Items: Reckless Gloves, Resilient Jacket, Trampling Boots (all on pg. 79)

This has been fixed. Should see it in the next update of the Alien Archive Players module

blfiller
April 14th, 2018, 03:13
I have done both, that folder with the glowing stone had a token in it and it never populated... the picture was just the latest with a folder. Portraits work with no issue. The token is populated and present in 5e ruleset.

Gwaihir Scout
April 14th, 2018, 03:20
Hey there! :)

Sounds like a generic FG issue and most often happens when:
1) File access rights aren't correct for the whole of the FG data directory.
2) The computer is running out of memory. Are there any other errors reported? How much memory is the player instance of FG using? And are they using a 64-bit or 32-bit operating system.

Long time no see. Thanks, we'll see if we can get that sorted next time.

I've also had that player and another player get this error when opening a medpatch from Dead Suns 1:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (hands) in windowclass (item_main)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (capacity) in windowclass (item_main)

I forgot to check if anything else caused this before the session ended.

Blahness98
April 14th, 2018, 03:56
I have done both, that folder with the glowing stone had a token in it and it never populated... the picture was just the latest with a folder. Portraits work with no issue. The token is populated and present in 5e ruleset.

When I did my test, I had to click in the token box to trigger the update. Might want to double check.

Samarex
April 14th, 2018, 07:37
Long time no see. Thanks, we'll see if we can get that sorted next time.

I've also had that player and another player get this error when opening a medpatch from Dead Suns 1:

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (hands) in windowclass (item_main)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (capacity) in windowclass (item_main)

I forgot to check if anything else caused this before the session ended.

Make sure your on live server. And check the version of SF when it loads should be 1.0.7 we have not had that issue for a while.

Topdecker
April 14th, 2018, 16:48
EDIT: I cannot reproduce this, so please disregard.

I am not sure if this has been reported...

I start a combat, roll ALL initiatives. Good, fine, the order is set.

Then I clear all initiatives. Reroll initiatives. I then get the exact same order, every time. That doesn't seem very random... It is like the RND seed is set to a static value that is a constant.

Limited testing on this (4 attempts, only one set of PCs and foes).

stephan_
April 16th, 2018, 20:47
I'm not sure whether it has been mentioned before or how easy it is to fix it but vulnerabilities (tested) and resistances/immunities (not tested) probably don't work according to Starfinder rules if a weapon deals two damage types. Whereas in Pathfinder, all damage caused is of both damage types, in Starfinder half is of one type and half is of the other (CRB p 169).

If 10 damage (S&E) is dealt, 5 would be E damage, with vulnerability 10 + (E/2=5/2=2), so 12 damage should be dealt. Instead it deals 10 + (S&E/2=10/2=5), so 15 damage instead.

If the damage dealt is of an odd number it gets even more complicated.

Samarex
April 17th, 2018, 15:20
Found a bug today with languages.
The pretty scripting pictures do not show in chat. When you send a message to chat in a different language the GM gets it in English and the Client gets it all scrambles text.
If a PC know the language it translates it to English for them and reports to GM [Understood by] so that part is working.

So you can still use the languages and the PC won't understand it unless they know the language.
I have added it to the Bug list at this point.
Just wanted you all to know.
Samarex

damned
April 17th, 2018, 15:41
Found a bug today with languages.
The pretty scripting pictures do not show in chat. When you send a message to chat in a different language the GM gets it in English and the Client gets it all scrambles text.
If a PC know the language it translates it to English for them and reports to GM [Understood by] so that part is working.

So you can still use the languages and the PC won't understand it unless they know the language.
I have added it to the Bug list at this point.
Just wanted you all to know.
Samarex

Isnt that how they are supposed to work?

Blacklamb
April 17th, 2018, 16:03
Isnt that how they are supposed to work?

If you compare it to PF they show images of letters that "look" like the language. I think he is saying functionally it works but is not as pretty as designed. I always figured it was just coming later in a polish pass.

Samarex
April 17th, 2018, 16:11
If you compare it to PF they show images of letters that "look" like the language. I think he is saying functionally it works but is not as pretty as designed. I always figured it was just coming later in a polish pass.

Exactly right. Just didnt know it was a issue had never tested it until I was writing a adventure that had new languages and was asking about it.
But its on our list we will get it pretty again.

Blacklamb
April 17th, 2018, 16:34
I just got 1.0.8 this morning and I noticed that monitory inventory, credits and such, do not show on the party inventory sheet anymore.

Blacklamb
April 17th, 2018, 16:39
Also it now highlights red on the party sheet for untrained skills but, skills that don't require training now say untrained and highlight red as well. Only Computers, Culture, Engineering, Life Science, Medicine, Mysticism, Physical Science ,Profession , and Slight of Hand should require training.

Samarex
April 18th, 2018, 01:11
Also it now highlights red on the party sheet for untrained skills but, skills that don't require training now say untrained and highlight red as well. Only Computers, Culture, Engineering, Life Science, Medicine, Mysticism, Physical Science ,Profession , and Slight of Hand should require training.

Ok got it fixed, I want to try and fix the language issue also today then I will see if I can get a Hot Fix update sent out.

Blacklamb
April 18th, 2018, 01:16
Thank you again for your hard work making this product great to use for mine and others games.

xanstin
April 18th, 2018, 01:30
Samarex your dedication and work on this ruleset is inspiring. A labor of love hopefully.

Samarex
April 18th, 2018, 07:15
Afternoon all,
I did some Hot fixes today (Pending push to Live Server. Version 1.0.8a)
1 Fixed the Skills tab for skill that are not Trained Only showing red and reporting UNTRAINED when rolled.
2 Fixed the Language Font in chat when trying to use other languages. It will now show the pretty Fonts again.
Note on Language Font fix- The update will only show with NEW Campaigns. the reason is the Language setup is created at Campaign creation.
Once the Hot Fix goes live I will post instructions on how to fix a current campaign if you GM's really want to update a current campaign.

Samarex
April 18th, 2018, 07:23
I just got 1.0.8 this morning and I noticed that monitory inventory, credits and such, do not show on the party inventory sheet anymore.

Added to Known Bug list and I will look at it soon.

Dyark
April 18th, 2018, 09:56
Hi
I ran the dead sun adventure yesterday and as soon as I open the map, hell broke loose. I ran the update before the game, here is the few things that were not working : mask menu on the top stopped working, I use the radial menu to do it but still it should be there.
Encounter didn't load, I had to go in the encounter list to pick up the encounter. Link inside the stody stop working for some events.
Is there a way to revert back ? I am prettu sure it is not possible but it was working fine on the last version.

damned
April 18th, 2018, 11:08
Hi
I ran the dead sun adventure yesterday and as soon as I open the map, hell broke loose. I ran the update before the game, here is the few things that were not working : mask menu on the top stopped working, I use the radial menu to do it but still it should be there.
Encounter didn't load, I had to go in the encounter list to pick up the encounter. Link inside the stody stop working for some events.
Is there a way to revert back ? I am prettu sure it is not possible but it was working fine on the last version.

Dont run an update before the game.
Advise your players not to run an update just before game time.

Can you post some screen shots of what is or is not happening?

Samarex
April 18th, 2018, 12:07
Hi

Which Dead Sun AP , The Map and The Encounter?
I opened up AP 1 and a few maps they all worked fine. (for you Mask menu at the top of the Map the Map needs to be unlocked to see it.)
I tried a couple encounters Opening from the Story and the opened and loaded fine.

Samarex

Ayche
April 18th, 2018, 14:42
Emoting, OOC and speech all share the same font and color in their texts.
This makes correctly reading the chat when many people are writing at the same time difficult.
Using the simple brown theme extension.
Original thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43352-Starfinder-ruleset-chat-formating)

Trenloe
April 18th, 2018, 15:08
What extensions are you running?

Dyark
April 18th, 2018, 19:03
I do not run any extension, I use the brown theme

here is a picture when I unlock the map

Also I took the theme off, reload the modules and here is what happen when I open the map from the reference book on the AP 1

Ok it seems I found out what it was : I ran the update 3 times and it change the Ultimate version 3.3.3 to 3.3.5 and now the bugs doesn't appear anymore

Trenloe
April 18th, 2018, 19:31
Ok it seems I found out what it was : I ran the update 3 times and it change the Ultimate version 3.3.3 to 3.3.5 and now the bugs doesn't appear anymore
Looks like you weren't even on the previous versions v3.3.4 fully.

Glad you found out what the issue was.

Something to keep an eye on in future...

Dyark
April 18th, 2018, 19:41
Looks like you weren't even on the previous versions v3.3.4 fully.

Glad you found out what the issue was.

Something to keep an eye on in future...

Difficult to manage when I ran the update often, I do not know why the version did not change. Any way of doing this differently ?

Faelwen
April 18th, 2018, 20:35
Hello,

This time, I tried entering the lvl4 iconic characters using the latest LIVE version of Starfinder Core.

General problems :

When a PC is deleted, and a new character is created, some elements from a deleted sheet can transfer to the new sheet (such as portraits)
RP points aren't updated when the value of the key ability changes
During character creation, current RP points aren't automatically set at maximum, but 1 point below
Computer parts are listed as regular items rather than item templates. This means that you can't simply drag-and-drop the parts to the forge to create a computer.

Spells:

In some spells, the word "lesser" is spelt "lessser" with three "s".
When dragged to the character sheet, some spell info isn't transfered (target, saving throw, the formatting of the description). Since some info is missing, the spell can't properly parse: for instance, because the saving throw is lost during the drag-and-drop, the DC of the cast cannot be automatically parsed.

Soldier class

class features are in capital letters

Operative (Ghost, but probably other versions as well)

Total skill ranks doesn't include the "free" skill ranks from specialisation. This means the available ranks are always negative once skill ranks have been properly spent.

Mechanic (Drone) class

The "Mechanic Trick" class feature doesn't link to a list of drag-and-dropable links. The Mechanic (Exocortex) version of this class feature works fine.

Drones (hover) and possibly other models of drones

BAB and saves don't seem to level as they should. For instance, at level 4 I have BAB +4 (should be +3) and Ref +4 (should be +3)
Stats relying on constitution (such as fortitude) should consider a score of 10 in constitution and not 0.
Armor should increase wth level, but doesn't
Drones don't have a theme, but there is a link on the haracter sheet nevertheless, which provokes a "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_window.lua"]:8: attempt to index local 'nodeRecord' (a nil value)" when clicked

Best regards,

Samarex
April 19th, 2018, 01:43
Hello,

This time, I tried entering the lvl4 iconic characters using the latest LIVE version of Starfinder Core.
Best regards,
General problems :

When a PC is deleted, and a new character is created, some elements from a deleted sheet can transfer to the new sheet (such as portraits)
RP points aren't updated when the value of the key ability changes
During character creation, current RP points aren't automatically set at maximum, but 1 point below
Computer parts are listed as regular items rather than item templates. This means that you can't simply drag-and-drop the parts to the forge to create a computer.

*** RP points update with a full rest.
Spells:

In some spells, the word "lesser" is spelt "lessser" with three "s". *** Fixed

When dragged to the character sheet, some spell info isn't transfered (target, saving throw, the formatting of the description). Since some info is missing, the spell can't properly parse: for instance, because the saving throw is lost during the drag-and-drop, the DC of the cast cannot be automatically parsed.
*** This is in work to fix Spells parsing needs reworked due to he difference in spell description.

Soldier class

class features are in capital letters *** Fixed

Operative (Ghost, but probably other versions as well)

Total skill ranks doesn't include the "free" skill ranks from specialisation. This means the available ranks are always negative once skill ranks have been properly spent.

*** Cant repeat this- Free ranks are automatic. After you drop your Operative class and select your specialization. if you go to your Skills tab you should see the two skills for that Specialization have a little Square and both should already have 1 rank in the skill.

Mechanic (Drone) class

The "Mechanic Trick" class feature doesn't link to a list of drag-and-dropable links. The Mechanic (Exocortex) version of this class feature works fine.
*** Fixed

Drones (hover) and possibly other models of drones

BAB and saves don't seem to level as they should. For instance, at level 4 I have BAB +4 (should be +3) and Ref +4 (should be +3) ***Fixed
Stats relying on constitution (such as fortitude) should consider a score of 10 in constitution and not 0. ***Fixed
Armor should increase wth level, but doesn't ***Fixed
Drones don't have a theme, but there is a link on the character sheet nevertheless, which provokes a "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_window.lua"]:8: attempt to index local 'nodeRecord' (a nil value)" when clicked
*** Not positive why it is showing. I will track it down. (For now its nothing you don't have a Theme)

*** Verified Will look into this

Blacklamb
April 19th, 2018, 17:05
Afternoon all,
I did some Hot fixes today (Pending push to Live Server. Version 1.0.8a)
1 Fixed the Skills tab for skill that are not Trained Only showing red and reporting UNTRAINED when rolled.
2 Fixed the Language Font in chat when trying to use other languages. It will now show the pretty Fonts again.
Note on Language Font fix- The update will only show with NEW Campaigns. the reason is the Language setup is created at Campaign creation.
Once the Hot Fix goes live I will post instructions on how to fix a current campaign if you GM's really want to update a current campaign.

Any update on when this hotfix may release?

Samarex
April 20th, 2018, 00:03
Any update on when this hotfix may release?

The fix will be updated with the weekly update. Our other developer has pushed some big updates for Starship and they need some testing before it gets pushed live.
So for now I know its a litte confusing but the roll numbers are not affected.
Sorry for the inconvenience

Blacklamb
April 20th, 2018, 01:22
Jut got the Pact Worlds book and found a few issues quickly in the players book.

SFRPG ruleset v1.0.8
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.5

Pact Worlds Players
On main tab Bantrid has Astrazoan short description
Khizar Other tab has Carbonic Respiration trait at the top of the description
Devine Blessing Feat starts with a [] on Main tab where type normaly goes

Samarex
April 20th, 2018, 02:50
Jut got the Pact Worlds book and found a few issues quickly in the players book.

SFRPG ruleset v1.0.8
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.5

Pact Worlds Players
On main tab Bantrid has Astrazoan short description
Khizar Other tab has Carbonic Respiration trait at the top of the description
Devine Blessing Feat starts with a [] on Main tab where type normaly goes

Thanks Blacklamb.
I have made the corrections and should see in next weekly update.

SLACKPLAN9
April 20th, 2018, 03:28
I notice in the Starfinder Core Book reference Manual, the starships descriptions from the Pact Worlds on give the Idarian Millennia description
Also, along the left hand column of links, it referrs to the Pact Worlds Styles as "Pack Worlds Styles".

Samarex
April 20th, 2018, 04:22
I notice in the Starfinder Core Book reference Manual, the starships descriptions from the Pact Worlds on give the Idarian Millennia description
Also, along the left hand column of links, it referrs to the Pact Worlds Styles as "Pack Worlds Styles".

Thanks for the Input
I have corrected the text in the reference manual.

Blacklamb
April 20th, 2018, 16:40
Electrovore gloves have charges but are a melee weapon so they don't have a place to record usage. It would be nice to be able to add a use count to melee weapons that have them.

Samarex
April 20th, 2018, 23:31
Electrovore gloves have charges but are a melee weapon so they don't have a place to record usage. It would be nice to be able to add a use count to melee weapons that have them.

I think that would be easly doable. I can just add the ammo slot on the actions tab if it is ranged or has charges will that work.

xanstin
April 21st, 2018, 19:04
Is there a thrown weapon option from PF that was disabled? That would work too without adding ammo to all melee weapons.

Samarex
April 22nd, 2018, 00:16
Is there a thrown weapon option from PF that was disabled? That would work too without adding ammo to all melee weapons.

It would not add to ALl melee just thise with charges.

ragnaroc1011
April 22nd, 2018, 00:51
Cannot add in a custom class when making a character. You can click on the Magnefying glass and look where the xp will go and where you would drag your class, but you cannot manually type in a class name. YOU CAN make the class as with the class setting and drag it over, but you cannot adlib on the fly. Not a major issue, just wanted to bring it up. FYI, tested functionality in 5e. In 5e you can create a character by typing everything in if you want.

Samarex
April 22nd, 2018, 00:56
Cannot add in a custom class when making a character. You can click on the Magnefying glass and look where the xp will go and where you would drag your class, but you cannot manually type in a class name. YOU CAN make the class as with the class setting and drag it over, but you cannot adlib on the fly. Not a major issue, just wanted to bring it up. FYI, tested functionality in 5e. In 5e you can create a character by typing everything in if you want.

Your best bet is to create a class from the Classes list then drag in. I disabled the renaming of your class as all alot of the automatation depends on the class name. And I didnt want a ton of problems popping up becouse someone changed the class name.

SLACKPLAN9
April 22nd, 2018, 08:11
Thanks for the Input
I have corrected the text in the reference manual.
Does this correction appear at the next major incremental update? Or does should this correct on my side the next time I click UPDATE?

Samarex
April 22nd, 2018, 10:09
Does this correction appear at the next major incremental update? Or does should this correct on my side the next time I click UPDATE?

Should see it on the Next update we push.

Its been fixed just has not been pushed to Live servers yet.

Samarex
April 22nd, 2018, 20:31
FYI,
1.0.9 Update is on the test server if anyone want to check it out. If you do and find a problem let me know and I can see about correcting it before Tuesdays update.

Blacklamb
April 23rd, 2018, 04:28
FYI,
1.0.9 Update is on the test server if anyone want to check it out. If you do and find a problem let me know and I can see about correcting it before Tuesdays update.

I'm checking out 1.0.9 on the copy of my campaign it's looking good mostly here is what I have found.

Level two Mechanics Trick is missing Energy Shield, the text for it is under Distracting Hack starting with #featureability;Energy Shield (Ex);2

Blacklamb
April 23rd, 2018, 05:09
Another 1.0.9 possible issue with ship building.

Drift engines are weird on the PCU cost, most calculators don't include them since you have to sit for a minute with not moving, instead of a cost they have a minimum PCU with the idea being that you redirect power to them as they charge up from thrusters (they have to be off to enter the drift) and other systems. Using the Sunrise Maiden from the Adventure Path it uses 147 out of 150 PCU the thrusters use 70 PCU and of that non-essentials use 15 PCU. The problem I had when I built it was it put a cost of 75 PCU for the Drift putting me over by 72 PCU. I was able to go edit it down after I added it to 0 so I balance out.

I don't know what the best way is to do the drift engine PCU cost if it should be 0 and check that the power core can support it by checking the min PCU rating.

Another issue I found is when you upgrade and update your ship, if you remove something it looks like you need to then remove it not just in the page it is under but also the pcu and build points total, currently it looks like you have to remove it in three places.

Last issue is extra weapon mounts are not in the ship part list.

This may not be implemented yet or maybe it's an enhancement, It would be nice if the assigned pilots ranks go into the AC and TL numbers.

Blahness98
April 23rd, 2018, 20:44
1.0.8 Core Rule Book

The following spells are in the spell list twice. The ones listed first (ie Command, Greater) are not completely filled out, while the spell listed in the parentheses are completely fleshed out (ie Greater Command). Not that large of an issue, but figured it should be pointed out.

Command, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Command)
Confusion, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Confusion)
Discharge, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Discharge)
Dispel Magic, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Dispel Magic)
Invisibility, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Invisibility)
Invisibility, Mass (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Invisibility)
Mystic Cure, Mass V (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Mystic Cure V)
Mystic Cure, Mass VI (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Mystic Cure VI)
Remove Condition, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Remove Condition)
Remove Condition, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Remove Condition)
Resistant Armor, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Resistant Armor)
Resistant Armor, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Resistant Armor)
Restoration, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Restoration)
Rewire Flesh, Mass (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Rewire Flesh)
Suggestion, Mass (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Suggestion)
Synaptic Pulse, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Synaptic Pulse)

iquitous
April 23rd, 2018, 21:14
Hurl Forcedisk, and other spells target KAC and can not be changed to EAC as needed.

Samarex
April 24th, 2018, 00:29
Hurl Forcedisk, and other spells target KAC and can not be changed to EAC as needed.

When you add the Attack you set it to R Touch or M Touch this will target EAC.

I will look into changing the button text in the attack section so its more clear.

Samarex
April 24th, 2018, 00:47
1.0.8 Core Rule Book

The following spells are in the spell list twice. The ones listed first (ie Command, Greater) are not completely filled out, while the spell listed in the parentheses are completely fleshed out (ie Greater Command). Not that large of an issue, but figured it should be pointed out.

Command, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Command)
Confusion, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Confusion)
Discharge, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Discharge)
Dispel Magic, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Dispel Magic)
Invisibility, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Invisibility)
Invisibility, Mass (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Invisibility)
Mystic Cure, Mass V (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Mystic Cure V)
Mystic Cure, Mass VI (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Mystic Cure VI)
Remove Condition, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Remove Condition)
Remove Condition, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Remove Condition)
Resistant Armor, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Resistant Armor)
Resistant Armor, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Resistant Armor)
Restoration, Lesser (in spell list twice and complete as Lesser Restoration)
Rewire Flesh, Mass (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Rewire Flesh)
Suggestion, Mass (in spell list twice and complete as Mass Suggestion)
Synaptic Pulse, Greater (in spell list twice and complete as Greater Synaptic Pulse)

Thanks,
Not sure what added the extra Spells. There not actually in the Core Rule book that way. But it seems there is a issue with our Archive Database that we pull spells in from when we create the books. So I will have a look and see about getting them corrected.
Just use the Spell that has everything in it . Those are the ones actually in our Core book.

Octavious
April 24th, 2018, 07:22
Test built 1.09 (building starship).. it wants to add weapon to the "systems" fields when you add a weapon to a mount in the weapons tab.. what has been done so far with the starship building seems to work pretty good.

xanstin
April 24th, 2018, 15:42
I would think it counts as a system despite being put on a mount for PCU tracking reasons

xanstin
April 24th, 2018, 23:13
Test Build 1.09 is still missing the following from core rulebook

Computer Table - Missing Self-Charging on table under upgrades section.

xanstin
April 26th, 2018, 03:22
Alien Archive - Doesn't have the 3 starships presented in the book.
-Endbringer Devil pg 35
-Oma pg 89
-Tetrad Caravel pg 123

DoktorHouse
April 26th, 2018, 05:10
Test 1.09

Was playing around with the Starship building and wanted to say I'm super psyched for the full release - it looks awesome!

I made a few mistakes adding ship systems and noticed that once the extra systems were removed, the PCU and BP lists still had them listed and counted in the calculated value, and they had to be removed manually.
23224; 23225; 23226

Still, great work guys!

Samarex
April 26th, 2018, 05:15
Test 1.09

Was playing around with the Starship building and wanted to say I'm super psyched for the full release - it looks awesome!

I made a few mistakes adding ship systems and noticed that once the extra systems were removed, the PCU and BP lists still had them listed and counted in the calculated value, and they had to be removed manually.
23224; 23225; 23226

Still, great work guys!

I will talk again with the developer, I brought that issue up to him before. We have to see if there is a way to do it.
But for now if you remove a Item from the ship make sure you also remove it fro the PCU an BP summary areas. This will correct the calulations for those areas.

DoktorHouse
April 26th, 2018, 05:23
I will talk again with the developer, I brought that issue up to him before. We have to see if there is a way to do it.
But for now if you remove a Item from the ship make sure you also remove it fro the PCU an BP summary areas. This will correct the calulations for those areas.

I did notice the manual removal worked. Thanks! Sorry for listing a duplicate - I must've scrolled right past it when checking.

Blahness98
April 26th, 2018, 07:23
v1.08 - Base Class Creation Error

I am attempting to create a custom class for a player in my campaign. This would be a brand new class and not one that is already in any book. Unfortunately, I am hitting a wall and I don't know the way to get around it. The console is throwing the following error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2082: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value). Since the rule set is in the vault, I cannot figure out why this is being tossed or what field I am missing.

After some testing, unless the class is in actually already in the rule set, FG will toss that error thus preventing the creation of new classes. During my test, I created my custom class and when attempting to add the class to the character sheet, it tosses the error listed above. Remove the name of the custom class and then add in an existing class (my second test was operative) and it loaded everything properly.

I am assuming this is what is intended per a previous post when you stated you cannot re-name classes. It just seems to limit what I can and cannot enter.

Samarex
April 26th, 2018, 14:29

I am attempting to create a custom class for a player in my campaign. This would be a brand new class and not one that is already in any book. Unfortunately, I am hitting a wall and I don't know the way to get around it. The console is throwing the following error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2082: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value). Since the rule set is in the vault, I cannot figure out why this is being tossed or what field I am missing.

After some testing, unless the class is in actually already in the rule set, FG will toss that error thus preventing the creation of new classes. During my test, I created my custom class and when attempting to add the class to the character sheet, it tosses the error listed above. Remove the name of the custom class and then add in an existing class (my second test was operative) and it loaded everything properly.

I am assuming this is what is intended per a previous post when you stated you cannot re-name classes. It just seems to limit what I can and cannot enter.

I will look into it and see whats going on.

Trenloe
April 27th, 2018, 15:34
I'm not sure if this has been requested before.

Could the reference manual be updated with links instead of "see page 123" text. For example, the Startship Combat -> Roles page has a bunch of "see page 322", "see page 317" etc. references. Could these have links added to allow immediate access to the relevant reference manual entry? Otherwise, it can be quite difficult navigating to the correct page, without referring to the actual PDF or physical product.

Here's an example from the Pathfinder Bestiary 3 module - a reference to another page number is replaced with a "link below" reference and then a link is provided at the next break in the text.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23242

xanstin
April 27th, 2018, 16:12
With subdual not being a thing in this rule set is there a way to repurpose it for fatigue points leaving SP at max like HP & wounds on CT?

Samarex
April 28th, 2018, 00:42
With subdual not being a thing in this rule set is there a way to repurpose it for fatigue points leaving SP at max like HP & wounds on CT?

First I will look into the Subdual. ( I had left it in as there is still Non Lethal Damage in the system. But after reading it more I see how it works.
As far as the CT I have already considered that and was getting ready to make those changes. But my counterpart is starting the Combat portion for Starships and is going to be working heavy with the CT and he asked to leave that to him so that things don't get messed up with two people working the same files. So yes our plans are to have the Max HP/SP and Wounds/Fatique. I will addin to him to remove Subdual and I will code that in to the damage section to deal with it.

Samarex
April 28th, 2018, 17:34
Spell Parsing Update

Ok spent today working on the Spell Parsing. I got Save/Damage and Heals all to parse in when you drop a spell in.

I got some verifying to do, I have to so some minor changes to the Spells Desc's (Mainly for the Multi level spells so that they don't parse all the Damage/Heals in a 1st level spell. Each will parse only the Damage/Heal for the level of the Spell used.)

Have some testing on the effects Some effects parse in but more research to do there also.
Just wanted to post a Up-Date.

Thane
April 29th, 2018, 13:39
This is excellent news!

Thanks for the hard work.

Samarex
April 29th, 2018, 13:43
This is excellent news!

Thanks for the hard work.

Thanks, still working on it Saves parse in and half damage does also if the save is for half damage.
Beside effect which I think might take a little more work to get all right. All I have left is to get the Attack to parse in and I will push to Test server for testing.

Samarex
April 29th, 2018, 14:28
Ok got the Attacks added into the Spell Parsing.
So thats it for tonight, I will do some final checking in the morning to make sure I got all the Damage and healing spells adjusted if they need to be.
Some of the spells have weird desc's or were missing key words. So those I am fixing to work.

I will also put on the FG's Starfinder Wiki page some simple guidelines for Spell desc formatting if any of you want to add custom spells. So that you have it worded correct for parsing into character sheet.

Blacklamb
April 30th, 2018, 20:41
Think I just found a bug with the new Starship sheets on the test server.

Version 1.0.9
Ship portrait is shared with first PC's portrait.

Samarex
May 1st, 2018, 01:00
Think I just found a bug with the new Starship sheets on the test server.

Version 1.0.9
Ship portrait is shared with first PC's portrait.

Ok thanks. Thats will look at it after I have my coffee

Blacklamb
May 1st, 2018, 23:13
Here is another bug for 1.0.9, In the party inventory page the currency totals no longer show up.

Extaminos
May 2nd, 2018, 00:23
Why don't you already have pre-made starship sheets for the ships in the adventure paths? Since there is none I had to make one for the Hippocampus. Here are the bugs I ran into:

The AC and TL of the created starship don't match the stats listed for the Hippocampus.
When I drag a weapon onto the sheet, the mountpoint popup will be empty. Or it will show an empty selection.
If I cancel the mountpoint selection, it will still be added onto systems, buildpoint summaries, pcu summaries.

Blacklamb
May 2nd, 2018, 00:42
Why don't you already have pre-made starship sheets for the ships in the adventure paths? Since there is none I had to make one for the Hippocampus. Here are the bugs I ran into:

The AC and TL of the created starship don't match the stats listed for the Hippocampus.
When I drag a weapon onto the sheet, the mountpoint popup will be empty. Or it will show an empty selection.
If I cancel the mountpoint selection, it will still be added onto systems, buildpoint summaries, pcu summaries.

The not removing it from all the summaries is something I bugged earlier in the thread. I just built the Hippocampus as well an my TL and AC work out from the book, remember what is on the book does not have your pilot ranks in it, assuming you have the pilot bonus set to 1 then it should be 15 for both (10 + 3 Armor / Defense + 1 Size + 1 for a first level pilot assuming they have a rank in it). I believe that the plan is to be able to drag in example ships from the books but it is not implemented in this very early sheet, it also does not automatically put in your pilot ranks based on the assigned pilot. Remember you will need to add the turret mount point but that does not explain the empty list unless you already equipped the front weapon.

Samarex
May 2nd, 2018, 01:20

Ok I am able to repeat the Bug and will pass it on to Zeph.
If you add weapons and then remove the weapon to put a different one in the ships record is not clearing the slot so it thinks the weapon mounts are all full.

Samarex
May 2nd, 2018, 01:49
Revision 1.0.9 is now Live

Here is a list of most the changes made with this update.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42771-Starfinder-Known-Bugs&p=387983&viewfull=1#post387983

SLACKPLAN9
May 2nd, 2018, 02:56
Starfinder core book REFERENCE MANUAL - Shirren and Veskarium ship style descriptions are incorrect. Most even mirror the duplicate errors that that I noted in the Pact Worlds issues I noted before. In fact, I had noted that all three groups ship descriptions were in error, but only Pact Worlds were corrected.

Talen
May 2nd, 2018, 05:34
Minor point - there is no way to minimize the pc starship screens, they must be closed out.

Samarex
May 2nd, 2018, 12:34
Minor point - there is no way to minimize the pc starship screens, they must be closed out.

Not sure what you mean by minimize.

Samarex
May 2nd, 2018, 13:01
Starfinder core book REFERENCE MANUAL - Shirren and Veskarium ship style descriptions are incorrect. Most even mirror the duplicate errors that that I noted in the Pact Worlds issues I noted before. In fact, I had noted that all three groups ship descriptions were in error, but only Pact Worlds were corrected.

I have got the Reference Manual updated.
All ships in the Reference now have the correct Desc.
Starship NPC Desc are now included in the rest of the ships. half of them had no desc at all.

Blacklamb
May 2nd, 2018, 18:33
"Fixed Level two Mechanics Trick is missing Energy Shield" is listed in the patch notes for 1.0.9 but does not look to have made it into the build it is one of the few items not marked as verified on the patch server. I tested this by making a new level two Mechanic.

Talen
May 3rd, 2018, 00:34
Not sure what you mean by minimize.

With an NPC entry or an image,, you can right click and minimize the window. You cant do that with the starship, you can only close the window.

Samarex
May 3rd, 2018, 02:17
"Fixed Level two Mechanics Trick is missing Energy Shield" is listed in the patch notes for 1.0.9 but does not look to have made it into the build it is one of the few items not marked as verified on the patch server. I tested this by making a new level two Mechanic.

Sorry I guess it didn't get pushed to test before they went Live.
Its there on my Dev version. I will make sure its in the next Core Rule Book update. ( I am fixing some other issues with module and will push them all at the same time.)

And note The Modules don't always update with the Ruleset. So watch for the Core Rule Book to update.

Samarex
May 3rd, 2018, 02:23
With an NPC entry or an image,, you can right click and minimize the window. You cant do that with the starship, you can only close the window.

Thanks I didn't know we could do that....
Got to remember most of my FG experience is from a players stand point so alot of things that a DM can do I might not know about.

But to answer your report, The Starship Sheet is based on a Character Sheet and Character sheets don't have the (Min) option. I checked in PF and its the same there.

The NPC Starship will (Min) just like a standard NPC.

Samarex
May 3rd, 2018, 15:03
I'm not sure if this has been requested before.

Could the reference manual be updated with links instead of "see page 123" text. For example, the Startship Combat -> Roles page has a bunch of "see page 322", "see page 317" etc. references. Could these have links added to allow immediate access to the relevant reference manual entry? Otherwise, it can be quite difficult navigating to the correct page, without referring to the actual PDF or physical product.

Here's an example from the Pathfinder Bestiary 3 module - a reference to another page number is replaced with a "link below" reference and then a link is provided at the next break in the text.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23242

Ok I'm working on it....Might take a bit there is over 600 references to see this see that...
But I will get them in.

ragnaroc1011
May 4th, 2018, 20:31
Hey Samarex. Been a while. Noticed while going through Augmentations that the Tympanal Cluster Augment does not have a description for it on the "other" tab.

Samarex
May 5th, 2018, 00:45
Hey Samarex. Been a while. Noticed while going through Augmentations that the Tympanal Cluster Augment does not have a description for it on the "other" tab.

Thanks, Im going thru the core rules and putting links where it has (see this see that) so I will fix that too

Samarex
May 5th, 2018, 01:47
Thanks, Im going thru the core rules and putting links where it has (see this see that) so I will fix that too

Fixed it along with Venum Spur and Wildwise.

ragnaroc1011
May 5th, 2018, 23:07
Also found an issue within the StarKnight Archetype 6th level powers. Seems that the one for Knight of Golarion (called Holy Attack) has somehow ended up in the description for Create Darkness.

Blahness98
May 11th, 2018, 02:05

Sorry to bug you Russ, but any updates on this? Got a game starting up soon that has a few custom classes as options. This still exists in 1.09.

Samarex
May 12th, 2018, 23:46
Sorry to bug you Russ, but any updates on this? Got a game starting up soon that has a few custom classes as options. This still exists in 1.09.

Im working on a fix for this. Been away for a week but will try to get something out soon. Have to add some stuff to the class sheet to be able to create one correct. Mostly there just a couple isses to iron out.

Blahness98
May 14th, 2018, 00:04
Thanks for the update Russ. Thanks for all your hard work

Aquitaine
May 17th, 2018, 23:34
This is my first real effort with FG so I may just be missing something, but when I go to Library --> Reference --> Ch. 9 Starships --> Expansion Bays, the text it lists under the table of expansion bays is incomplete. The book has a description for every type of expansion bay but the reference item in the app leaves out several of them (like Passenger Seating) that should be there.

Samarex
May 18th, 2018, 00:06
This is my first real effort with FG so I may just be missing something, but when I go to Library --> Reference --> Ch. 9 Starships --> Expansion Bays, the text it lists under the table of expansion bays is incomplete. The book has a description for every type of expansion bay but the reference item in the app leaves out several of them (like Passenger Seating) that should be there.

I will take a look if they are missing I will add them in.

Update:
Ok I see that Passanger Seating Bay is missing in the Reference manual. (I will get that added it.
But if you Open "Starship Items" on the right side. Then filter "Subtype EXPANSION BAY" you will see Passenger Seating. The other Tab of that has the Desc in it if you really need it.

But in any case I will fix the reference manual.

ystiki
May 21st, 2018, 03:47
I am unsure if this has been mentioned as i have not looked over every item in the thread but i noticed the party coins on the party sheet doesnt track everyone's gold. I am new to fantasy grounds so it may just be user error. You guys are really on top of things keep up the good work guys. It's amazing.

Blacklamb
May 21st, 2018, 04:58
I am unsure if this has been mentioned as i have not looked over every item in the thread but i noticed the party coins on the party sheet doesnt track everyone's gold. I am new to fantasy grounds so it may just be user error. You guys are really on top of things keep up the good work guys. It's amazing.

It’s listed in the known issues thread

Samarex
May 25th, 2018, 02:19
Sorry All I have been away for a while. Had some health issues that have cleared up, So I am back to work on things.....

Samarex
May 25th, 2018, 03:52
It’s listed in the known issues thread

Ok I found the little bugger and squashed him. You should see this fixed in next update.

dmkevin
May 26th, 2018, 19:04
I keep getting the following two script errors when starting Starfinder:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:82: attempt to call field 'isPFRPG' (a nil value), and the following when I try to create a character:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:316: attempt to call field 'isPFRPG' (a nil value).

Only extension running is Starfinder[SFC]

Any help would be appreciated.

Blacklamb
May 26th, 2018, 21:54

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:82: attempt to call field 'isPFRPG' (a nil value), and the following when I try to create a character:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:316: attempt to call field 'isPFRPG' (a nil value).

I don’t believe you should have the Starfinder extension running. You should just be using the Starfinder ruleset.

dmkevin
May 26th, 2018, 22:12
Ahh, that resolves it. Better delete this from my extensions folder.

Thanks!

Samarex
May 27th, 2018, 00:39

Turn off the ext. It is no longer needed. Also all of the modules that were SFC are not compatible with SFRPG. If you have bought the official ruleset you can deletw the SFC stuff

xanstin
May 28th, 2018, 22:58
Just a reminder, still not on bug list or reflected on live or test server

Core Rulebook
Computer Table - Missing "Self Charging" on table under upgrades from core rulebook.

Alien Archive
Doesn't have the 3 starships presented in the book.
-Endbringer Devil pg 35
-Oma pg 89
-Tetrad Caravel pg 123

Talen
May 30th, 2018, 22:55
Not sure if this is a bug, user error or known issue, but in creating npc's Im unable to crate an npc creature that size bigger than medium. Here's my entry and the token still shows in a 5ft square after dropping from the combat tracker.

imjedi
May 31st, 2018, 01:32
Not sure if this is a bug, user error or known issue, but in creating npc's Im unable to crate an npc creature that size bigger than medium. Here's my entry and the token still shows in a 5ft square after dropping from the combat tracker.

OMG, I am so glad someone else is seeing this. I am having the same problem. I even turned scaling to grid off, but when I resize NPCs, their icon enlarges, butt he size of the creature for range, red box, etc remains only a single square. And I am using the Deadsuns AP. All the monsters drop in as a medium size initially, but after disabling scaling the size can be altered, but the redbox and ranges are all to the single square in the middle of the image.

imjedi
May 31st, 2018, 01:58
OMG, I am so glad someone else is seeing this. I am having the same problem. I even turned scaling to grid off, but when I resize NPCs, their icon enlarges, butt he size of the creature for range, red box, etc remains only a single square. And I am using the Deadsuns AP. All the monsters drop in as a medium size initially, but after disabling scaling the size can be altered, but the redbox and ranges are all to the single square in the middle of the image.

OK. no sooner do I post this, I rechecked to make a screenshot and everything is sizing correctly?? I believe its a Live versus Test? I changed recently to Test and its working, But on Live last week it didn't. I reset back to Live and checked and the size isn't working. See attached image from Live.

Reset and switched back to test and now it is sized correctly.

Samarex
May 31st, 2018, 04:58
Ok Spent the last couple days working on the Rule Set Bugs .
I got one of my long lasting issues fixed this morning. The Resolve system now works from the PC character sheet.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43975-Resolve&p=391762&viewfull=1#post391762

Samarex
June 2nd, 2018, 03:21
Just a reminder, still not on bug list or reflected on live or test server

Core Rulebook
Computer Table - Missing "Self Charging" on table under upgrades from core rulebook.

Alien Archive
Doesn't have the 3 starships presented in the book.
-Endbringer Devil pg 35
-Oma pg 89
-Tetrad Caravel pg 123

Computer Table is fixed.

Starships- Waiting for more development of Starships so they can be Dropped in. At this point not positive on some of the inputs I need to set. But they will get in at some point.

Samarex
June 3rd, 2018, 01:41
Revision 1.0.10 is on Test server

imjedi
June 3rd, 2018, 04:01
Revision 1.0.10 is on Test server

Is there a revision history that says what was updated, enabled etc..?

Samarex
June 3rd, 2018, 06:52
Is there a revision history that says what was updated, enabled etc..?

Yes in the Known Bugs Thread
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42771-Starfinder-Known-Bugs&p=380142&viewfull=1#post380142

I update this to the best of my knowledge.
there might be some other fixes that are done by other developers that I did not get told about.
But for the biggest part when big updates or features are added I get told and I update the thread.
There is also a history of links for past updates that you can see what was changed.

Samarex
June 8th, 2018, 01:24
Version 1.0.10 is now Live.
1.0.10 Weekly https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...l=1#post392790 5 Jun

Revision Number (1.0.10)

Rule Set Fixes
Monitory inventory, credits and such, now show on the party inventory sheet
Resolve system now works from both Host (GM) and Client (PC) character sheet.
--- https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43975-Resolve&p=391762&viewfull=1#post391762

Fixed Ability to use a Spells to Restore SP ( a Heal now can do HP/SP and TEMP (Selected in the Spell editor).)
Fixed Stable/Dying and Uncon not being removed from CT when a PC is healed from 0 HP.
Creation of new Class's now works.

Module Fixes (These fixes are Applied with a update to the module.)

SFRPG Core Rules
-Star Ship Desc are now correct.
-Some Starship (NPC) were missing Desc.
-Fixed Level two Mechanics Trick is missing Energy Shield (Drone Mechanic Only)
-Fixed Missing Computer item.
-Fixed Mirror Image Desc text

Howler
June 22nd, 2018, 04:00
Test by making: Level 1, android, ace pilot, Operative (Ghost) - Stats: S:10,D:18,C:10,I:17,W:10,CHA: 8
Compared against https://www.reddit.com/r/starfinder_rpg/comments/6t9kvx/starfinder_character_sheet_google_sheet/

Comparison of sample total bonus for skills (FG vs Sheet above or manual method)
Acrobatics 8 vs 11
Bluff -1 vs 0
Computers 3 vs 4
Culture 3 vs 4
Stealth 8 vs 11

It seems like the Operative's Edge +1 Insight Bonus to all skills isn't being added in? Also, something strange with Acrobatics and Stealth where the class bonus (+3) isn't being added in?

Am I confused about something or is this a bug? The 3rd party automated sheet seems correct.

Blahness98
June 22nd, 2018, 04:06
Test by making: Level 1, android, ace pilot, Operative (Ghost) - Stats: S:10,D:18,C:10,I:17,W:10,CHA: 8
Compared against https://www.reddit.com/r/starfinder_rpg/comments/6t9kvx/starfinder_character_sheet_google_sheet/

Comparison of sample total bonus for skills (FG vs Sheet above or manual method)
Acrobatics 8 vs 11
Bluff -1 vs 0
Computers 3 vs 4
Culture 3 vs 4
Stealth 8 vs 11

It seems like the Operative's Edge +1 Insight Bonus to all skills isn't being added in? Also, something strange with Acrobatics and Stealth where the class bonus (+3) isn't being added in?

Am I confused about something or is this a bug? The 3rd party automated sheet seems correct.

Operatives Edge is not automated. You would need to either adjust all skills by one (or whatever your edge is) using the Misc field on the skills tab or use the effect SKILL: 1 insight. Same thing with the skill focus feats you get for being a ghost. Those you have to be adjusted by the user or having the effect SKILL: 3 acrobatics, stealth insight.

((Also.. waste of a point with the 17.))

Curaidh
June 24th, 2018, 13:51
Operative Specialization Daredevil is still "broken".

The automatic skills are not correctly added. Works on all other Operative Specializations though.

Trenloe
June 24th, 2018, 21:40
Concealment and Total Concealment miss chances don't appear to be triggering - information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44451-Concealment-and-Total-Concealment-Effects

Samarex
June 25th, 2018, 05:04
Operative Specialization Daredevil is still "broken".

The automatic skills are not correctly added. Works on all other Operative Specializations though.

I just created a Operative (Daredevil) and the Skills added in fine.
Can you create a new one and see if they show. If they do it might be that it's a character created before the change to skills.
You can verify this by looking in your db.xml for the campaign.

Ok Verified with live. Its not working.
The current version on our SVN works so it will be fixed with 1.0.11.
Not sure what was missed with 1.0.10 but it will be ok soon.

Springroll
June 29th, 2018, 20:43
Can't see if this has been reported before but in the Core Rules Reference the links under the Headline Item Level are broken.

Samarex
June 30th, 2018, 11:42
Can't see if this has been reported before but in the Core Rules Reference the links under the Headline Item Level are broken.

Thanks for the input.
I have found the issue and fixed it. You should see it in the next update of the Core Rules Module.

Samarex
June 30th, 2018, 11:56
Concealment and Total Concealment miss chances don't appear to be triggering - information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44451-Concealment-and-Total-Concealment-Effects

I have verified that this is a issue. I will get to fixing it ASAP.

Samarex
June 30th, 2018, 13:12
Update for Ammo and Attacks.
I have fixed the Ammo counter issue. It now checks off when you attack, if you are out of Ammo for the weapon. Chat will report "Attacking without Ammo" and the Attack will not roll.

This works great now for Single Attacks. I am still working on a Full Attack. Plan is to have it count off and roll the attack until you are out of ammo.
I.E your Full attack is 2 but you only have 1 round left in your ammo. It will roll the First attack but report Out of Ammo for second attack.

Samarex
July 15th, 2018, 12:09

I think I got this fixed., at least the 20/50 percent rolls if you have Concealment or Total Con selected in the modifier panel.
Now with that said there are a ton of stuff that has miss chance listed in the rule book. (did find miss chance) We might need to expand more but got alot of reading to do.

Blahness98
July 15th, 2018, 15:34
While looking into the concealment, did you happen to look into the various types of cover? From my last look, they still appear to not be adding in the proper bonus to ref saves. Granted this is a minor issue, but it is still out in the wild.

Partial Cover should apply a +2 ac and +1 to ref saves. (AC:2; SAVE: 1, reflex)
Cover should apply a +4 ac and +2 to the ref saves. (AC:4; SAVE: 2, reflex)
Improved cover should apply a +8 ac and +4 to ref saves. (AC:8; SAVE:4, reflex)

Provided the proper effects for simple copy paste. Hope it helps.