PDA

View Full Version : A Custom Calendar Request

Andrew Bradford
January 29th, 2018, 07:54
Hello there! I am in need of someone to help me create a calendar in game. I only have one main question which is will the calendar be editable for holidays / notes on specific days?

Either way, here is the backbone information for the calendar, if someone would do the honors of creating it and posting it for me with a import rundown that would be incredible!

Current Year: 114 AD(After Discovery)
8 Month p/year
6 Weeks p/month
5 Days p/week
Solis / Veneris / Lupus / Venestria / Luna (Days of the week in order left to right)

Winter
1st Month : Winters Dawn
2nd Month : Ailluins Rest

Spring
3rd Month : Natures Dawn
4th Month : Ellisar

Summer
5th Month : Summers Dawn
6th Month : Folimere

Autumn
7th Month : High Harvest
8th Month : Natures Dusk

damned
January 30th, 2018, 12:58
Welcome abradford13

Please do look up one of the many existing calendars that have been created and extract the contents and work your way through it.
There doesnt seem to be anything difficult in your calendar.

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 18:32
How would I go about doing that? doesn't involve toying with game files outside of the game?

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:10
Hi, So I attempted my hand at creating a custom calendar, seemed to have everything wrking, I log in to the actual game client, and now I just get a database error when I attempt to load the calendar module

Trenloe
January 30th, 2018, 19:14
I log in to the actual game client, and now I just get a database error when I attempt to load the calendar module
What's the database error? This is usually due to improper XML syntax. The error will usually point to a line number and also indicate if there is a problem with a specific XML tag.

More info on XML validation here: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp It includes a section the check the syntax of your own XML - so you can copy/paste the whole XML you've created and check it for errors.

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:28
So the only problem im having is making the Calendar.mod file editable without messing everything up. I try renaming it to Calenders.zip and it doesnt make it extractable. I tried goign over the guide but it simply says "rename it and extract it". Extract it to where? and if renaming isnt working, what can i do

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:32
Like for example, I turned it into a .zip file, unzipped it, and it made it a regualar folder file, how do I return it to a .mod? because renaming it doesnt do anything

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:40
At this point, I have completely ruined my modules folder all because I am trying to do something I have no experience or knowledge in doing. Hence why I asked for help from someone

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:43
So i unzipped the .zip version of Calendars, it created a folder file in the modules. I edited the DB.xml file and created a section for my homebrew calendar, I went into the game and now its giving me a database error

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:49
So, ive genrally fixed everything, the issue now is the database error. Line 50 </OpesTerra> (the name of the calendar) is saying error reading end tag?

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:49
It was originally </Gregorian> and I changed all instances of <Gregorian> to <OpesTerra>

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:54
Now Im back to stage 1, I restored all files, and Im trying to just make the Calendars.mod file into a .zip file. Renaming it does not work. I have winrar, and if I attempt to right click and add to archive, It only adds the Calendars.mod file and not everything that is inside the file

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 19:54
please help

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 20:08
So everyone says to just "rename the file to .zip" that doesnt do anything for me. It keeps it as a .mod file

Andraax
January 30th, 2018, 20:08
If you're getting a missing end tag message, that means you don't have matching tags. There should be, for example, a "<Gregorian>" and a matching "</Gregorian>" - the "/" indicates a closing tag.

Andraax
January 30th, 2018, 20:09
So everyone says to just "rename the file to .zip" that doesnt do anything for me. It keeps it as a .mod file

Make sure that windows is displaying file extensions.

Andrew Bradford
January 30th, 2018, 20:12
I do have a matching tag. <OpesTerra> at the start and </OpesTerra> at the end

Trenloe
January 30th, 2018, 20:15
I do have a matching tag. <OpesTerra> at the start and </OpesTerra> at the end
Then probably not in the right tiered XML tag hierarchy - if you don't have the open and close in the same level/tier of the hierarchy then they will be invalid. Have a look at the XML syntax checker I linked in post #5. Or see here for info on XML tags: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_tree.asp

damned
January 30th, 2018, 20:37
If you are having issues with extracting and repacking you have two options.

7zip is a utility that adds some extra Zip options to Windows. It will recognise .mod/.ext etc as ZIP files and let you extract without renaming first.
or
In Windows Explorer ensure that you have enabled Show file extensions in View so that you dont see CustomCalendar you see CustomCalendar.mod

You dont need to repack it if you dont want to. if you do repack do not pack the parent folder - only the contents. Repack it is OpesTerra.mod or OpesTerra.zip and change the extension to .mod afterwards - you will need to be able to see file extensions to do that.

You might be feeling frustrated but this is good learning. Most likely there is a typo or a tag that has been damaged (it might say <OpesTerra or /OpesTerra> or </ OpesTerra> or some other simple typo or the tags have gotten out of order like: <OpesTerra><b>Data</OpesTerra></b> etc).

If someone chooses to spend their time to do it for you thats great but ultimately this is your calendar and its not a difficult one and you are [this] close so hang in there - it will be worth the effort.

damned
January 31st, 2018, 10:54
I havent done a calendar before. I did this one because it should be straight forward. The code you need to add is:

<OpesTerra>
<name type="string">Calendar of OpesTerra</name>
<setting type="string">Fantasy</setting>
<lunarweek>
<day1 type="string">Solis</day1>
<day2 type="string">Veneris</day2>
<day3 type="string">Lupus</day3>
<day4 type="string">Venestria</day4>
<day5 type="string">Luna</day5>
</lunarweek>
<periods>
<period1>
<days type="number">30</days>
<name type="string">Winters Dawn</name>
</period1>
<period2>
<name type="string">Ailluins Rest</name>
</period2>
<period3>
<name type="string">Natures Dawn</name>
</period3>
<period4>
<name type="string">Ellisar</name>
</period4>
<period5>
<name type="string">Summers Dawn</name>
</period5>
<period6>
<name type="string">Folimere</name>
</period6>
<period7>
<name type="string">High Harvest</name>
</period7>
<period8>
<name type="string">Natures Dusk</name>
</period8>
</periods>
</OpesTerra>

Bidmaron
January 31st, 2018, 12:22
That was very gentlemanly of you, damned.