PDA

View Full Version : issues with spell attack rolls in pathfinder.

Largo
January 28th, 2018, 04:51
i have noticed something and I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I have some spells that have attack rolls and they are using the STR mod for the ranged touch attack instead of DEX, and when i change a spell to use CMD (such as Ice Spears) it defaults to DEX instead of one of the mental scores, there is no option i have found to manually edit this, is there a way to circumvent it?

Using version 3.3.3 Ultimate

it also dosent seem to give me an option on using BAB or CL for chance to hit on the spells either

this is all of course on Pathfidner

damned
January 28th, 2018, 05:39
Welcome Largo

Click on the magnifying glasses to be able to set these.

Largo
January 28th, 2018, 05:57
Welcome Largo

Click on the magnifying glasses to be able to set these.

The magnifying glass does not give an option to decide the mod on spell attack roll as far as I have seen it allows to set type such as melee, ranged, touch, ranged touch, and cmb. But no mod options that I can see.
Edit: thanks for the welcome. Just a bit flustered by this little detail

Callum
January 28th, 2018, 14:09
It works fine for me in PFRPG - ranged touch attack uses the Dex modifier. Can you post a screenshot showing it using the Str modifier? Are you running any extensions?

Largo
January 28th, 2018, 15:24
Here you go I'm using dungeon theme and advanced bestiary.

Trenloe
January 28th, 2018, 15:29
Here you go I'm using dungeon theme and advanced bestiary.
This helps only a little. It doesn't show us the details of the spell (click the magnifying glass), nor have you told us which spell has what issue. Without this information it is going to be virtually impossible for us to help you. Thanks!

Largo
January 28th, 2018, 15:36
Ice spear is supposed to have a trip attempt using highest mental scor but instead is using dex on CMB, and Iron Stake is supposed to make a ranged touch attack but is using STR mod (check in the chat area) ther also seems to be no toggle for wheather or not to use BAB or CL for chance to hit (as Iron stake would have BAB and Ice spears is supposed to add Class level)

Largo
January 28th, 2018, 15:53
also thank you for your patience and assistance. I don't know if it is a parsing error or what but I wish I was able to manually edit those values in FG

Trenloe
January 28th, 2018, 20:14
I really don't see the reason for this at all.

Could you export the PC into an XML file and attach that to a thread here?

Trenloe
January 28th, 2018, 20:25
Actually, I think I know what it is. On the "Combat" tab, check which "Stat" is set for the various attacks in the bottom left - I bet "Ranged" is set to Str and "CMB" is set to Dex.

Largo
January 29th, 2018, 13:38
That was it, Thanks my player must have been pushing buttons she didnt understand when setting up her sheet and i failed to notice. Thank you very much. While im here is there a way to override a Spell to change the use of BAB or CL in chance to hit?
Edit: Nevermind now that the stats are set correctly it is parsing corectly as well and using Wisdom