PDA

View Full Version : New PC - Campaign + characters

HarryPotter
January 28th, 2018, 00:42
Hey folks

I recently got a new PC and we were in the middle of a short campaign for D&D 5E ( LMoP ). I completely forgot to back up our campaign. Are the players characters also gone with my boo boo? or can they import them from their own pc?

Thanks !

Trenloe
January 28th, 2018, 00:47
The players should be able to go to Manage Characters on the computer that last was connected to your campaign. Select the campaign they had joined and then once loaded up the players should export their PC/s to XML. They can email you the XML to load into your campaign, or they can reload the XML into the base ruleset (not campaign) Manage Characters and then their PC will be available to load when they next join your game.

LordEntrails
January 28th, 2018, 00:47
They can go into Manage Characters in FG on their computers, then select your campaign name and access their characters there. They then will have to export them from their and then either send them to you to import, or import into Manage Characters with no campaign selected.

Note, that only works if they or you did not clean ownership prior to the last time they were connected.

HarryPotter
January 28th, 2018, 01:15
My players are reporting that when they go into Manage Characters, there isn't any characters in the ' PC ' menu. Are they missing something / where they can locate the file?

damned
January 28th, 2018, 01:17
My players are reporting that when they go into Manage Characters, there isn't any characters in the ' PC ' menu. Are they missing something / where they can locate the file?

In Manage Characters they need to select your campaign name.
Otherwise see LordEntrails last comment.

HarryPotter
January 28th, 2018, 01:34
ah-ha ! Got it ! thank you guys for all the help. Was just a little bit of a problem between the keyboard and the chair.