PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] FORTRESS OF SHARDS WILL YOU RULE OR BE RULED!!! Pathfinder Saturdays EST

paladinpariah
January 27th, 2018, 22:23
https://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z353/GenericsPics/FortressofShardsTest009%20copy_zps2gdwchpe.jpg (https://s1185.photobucket.com/user/GenericsPics/media/FortressofShardsTest009%20copy_zps2gdwchpe.jpg.htm l)

The Fortress of Shards:
WILL YOU RULE OR BE RULED!!!
Valiant heroes strive to bring order to warring factions and scheming politicians while a great evil lurks in their midst.
FG License: I have an ultimate license.
Game System: Pathfinder
Time Zone: EST
Day of Week and Time: Saturdays 12pm-6pm EST at least every three weeks
Start Date: Would like to start by the end of February. Starting before the 19th could get us some bonus sessions that week as I have off from work.
Planned Frequency: Every three weeks.
Term: I would like to run this as a long term campaign that could last at least a year or longer.
Text or Voice: Voice.
Voice Software Used:Whatever works best for everyone in the group.
Roleplay & Combat Mix: 60% roleplay and kingdom building/40% combat.
Number of Players Needed: 4-6
Character Starting Level & Equipment: Characters start at level 1 with just clothing. Players should pick any item worth up to 1000gp that is special to them for some reason. This could be a magic or mundane item and is only limited by the cost. Characters do not start with this item.
Character Restrictions: Any character concept rooted in a solid backstory and with a fleshed out personality will work well. Ultimate Campaign will be heavily used and should be taken full advantage of. Technology levels are medieval so no Gunslingers, Tinkerers or other technologically reliant classes.
Details of your scenario:
If you always wanted to rule your own kingdom, this is the campaign for you.

This campaign will be heavily focused on kingdom building using the Ultimate Campaign rules. Players will find themselves carving out a kingdom in a land they have never been before. There will still be plenty of action and adventure mind you, but it will all be in service to larger scale activities. Time in between sessions can be utilized for planning the kingdom. Play sessions will be aimed at the interpersonal drama and action the players are embroiled in.

I have been roleplaying for over 35 years and have run multiple long term campaigns in 3.0 and other systems. I have run a campaign using Fantasy Grounds before as well.

Rules will take a back seat to story, character development, and action. Mechanics certainly have their place, though, which is why I prefer to use a system like Pathfinder to handle the nitty gritty.
Players who stick to their characters’ personalities and are self-motivated to drive the story along are well rewarded in my games. Telling me what you want your character to do is far better than me telling you what happens to them. Just being along for the ride is fine but don’t expect the spotlight, the glory, and everything that often comes with it.

Lastly, this campaign will be PG-13 and is aimed at mature adults. I would appreciate foul language and extreme content be kept to a minimum.

Validname
January 27th, 2018, 23:31
Hey, welcome back. I'll join

paladinpariah
January 27th, 2018, 23:35
Nice. Will send you a primer soon.

KalamityKraze
January 28th, 2018, 03:13
I'd love to join up as well, but I'm very new to Pathfinder. Is that alright?

paladinpariah
January 28th, 2018, 03:20
Experience levels are not an issue. PMing you the campaign info.

paladinpariah
January 28th, 2018, 13:03
So it looks like we now have three players... that was fast... a couple more people and we're in business.

gram851
January 28th, 2018, 17:52
I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder ruleset, but I'd be down!

paladinpariah
January 28th, 2018, 20:06
Only looking for one more player, though I will start a list of alternates in case people drop out.

Dahliasmom2012
January 28th, 2018, 22:07
I am intrigued. Still looking for players? I have been running pathfinder for my friends since 2015 and could use a break from being the babysitter for a bit.

inexorable
January 29th, 2018, 02:24
Hey welcome back paladinpariah.

So you're planning on playing once every three weeks? Interesting. That allows for a lot of stuff to between sessions and time to make sure everyone can clear the schedule to play.

Heh, could I re-create Ghent for this game?

paladinpariah
January 29th, 2018, 02:27
Hey I emailed you before I posted this and didn't get a response. I wonder if I sent that email to the wrong person. Email me and I'll get you the lowdown...

paladinpariah
January 30th, 2018, 23:03
We have seven players now, so we're full. Feel free to send me PM's if you want to join the campaign in case we have players drop.