PDA

View Full Version : Custom Item: Spear of Destiny

Gix
January 27th, 2018, 19:49
So I created an item, which is a spear and grants the wielder 1 luck point per day.

I created a description based off of Lucky, but with flavor changes and all references to multiple points removed.

I added this power to the description of the item so it can be dragged into powers by the owner.

When I do so I get an error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:90: copyNode: Destination node can not be the same as or a child of the source node

I created the effect by dragging luck to a character sheet, modifying it and dragging the link into the spear, thinking it would duplicate it. However that link comes up as a blank power.

So I duplicated Luck in Feats and renamed it Destiny, modifying the above. That works.

However, I'm not sure how to include the once daily part of it. Lucky doesn't by default either, and has to be set manually on the character sheet, so maybe it isn't possible?

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2018, 20:32
The error is a known issue and has been fixed in 3.3.4 due out soon.

For the limitation click the bottom left hand box in the actions tab until it reads 'preparation'; then enter the number of uses and set the second box to 'Once' or to 'Daily'. The latter will make any used points reappear after a long rest which I think is what you need. If not setting it to Once won't make it reappear at all unless the user goes back into preparation mode and rests it manually.

More information on effects in these videos (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E).

Moon Wizard
January 27th, 2018, 20:55
This is a scripting error that was uncovered during the v3.3.4 beta, that will be handled better by reporting the data access issue to the chat window.

The root issue is that the user is attempting to add a power to their PC sheet for which they do not have the module open. (i.e. they are attempting to drag the link to the PHB Lucky feat to their PC sheet, but they don't have the PHB open) If the player opens the PHB before they drag the link, they shouldn't see the error.

Regards,
JPG

Gix
January 28th, 2018, 03:50
Glad to hear it's being fixed!

@Zaccheus I know how to manually change it on the sheet. I just wanted to set it once so if I drag it onto another character, it is set to once automatically on their sheet too.

@Moon Wizard I want to set usage quantity once so if I drag it onto another character, it is set to once automatically on their sheet too. (Like Luck, where it is always 3 luck points) :)