PDA

View Full Version : Game SYstems

Snikle
March 23rd, 2006, 16:04
I posted this on the FUM site, gotten some input, thought if I put it here I may get more responses. I am wondering what system/setting people would like to see games run in, trying to get a project off the ground over at FUM and I want to tie it into a popular system, so looking for some feedback here.

Snikle
March 23rd, 2006, 22:52
Hmm, those percentages do not a hundred make, I get 188%. Cool, Clinton math!

SurlyDwarf
March 23rd, 2006, 22:57
Hmm, those percentages do not a hundred make, I get 188%. Cool, Clinton math!
But are they supposed to? I mean, everyone can vote for multiples and some may vote for one while others vote for three... right? I think it is the pecentage of voters not votes.

Cypher
March 23rd, 2006, 23:01
Exactly like Surly said.

It takes the percentage of users who voted for a particular system compared to the number of users who voted.

If you could only choose one response, then your percentages would have added up to 100%.

Snikle
March 24th, 2006, 01:53
Ah, could be I guess, but I think it would make more sense if it was a straight 100%. Whats it calculate the % by if you vote for three? Each of your votes gets 33.3%?

LordTomar
March 24th, 2006, 05:32
consider it more like each option is its own poll... of all the people who vote, so many of them voted for that option.

so rigth now with 17 votes for 3.5 DnD that is about 74% of all of the people who voted.

basicly you dont link any of the options together... each is its own poll.

DarkStar
March 24th, 2006, 09:38
I don't know what's Rulemaster, besides I vote for everything else. ;P Probably this doesn't help, but there's such a variety of games that I would like to play...

Snikle
March 24th, 2006, 16:40
As expected d&d is leading the pack, but I am impressed how many people are looking at modern/future/star wars games as well.

Wraith
March 24th, 2006, 18:21
Well I voted for the top two of my choices which is DnD 3.5 and D20 modern but I think that future is just a verient of D20 modern.

festivus
March 24th, 2006, 20:19
Your query includes Eberron but not Forgotten Realms and other settings. I am not so clear on Eberron but is it that different from regular D&D that it won't work in the base system provided with FG or the 3.5SRD add on stuff?

Snikle
March 24th, 2006, 20:51
I have not read everything on Eberron, but it appears quite different from FR. I based this list off a list that was put together over on the FUM forum when people chimed in on what they would like to see. I seperated d20 modern into different 'flavors' because of the different feel of each of those. This is obviously not a comprehensive list, just one based on the interest of the people who stepped up and showed interest in a particular system or setting.

SurlyDwarf
March 24th, 2006, 20:58
I have not read everything on Eberron, but it appears quite different from FR. I based this list off a list that was put together over on the FUM forum when people chimed in on what they would like to see. I seperated d20 modern into different 'flavors' because of the different feel of each of those. This is obviously not a comprehensive list, just one based on the interest of the people who stepped up and showed interest in a particular system or setting.

I agree, though, if it is for systems, great. Eberron is a campaign setting (I guess :rolleyes: ) and should only be there if you include Forgotten Realms, Midnight, Dawnforge, Kalamar, Morningstar, etc.

Just my two cents. I did not vote for Eberron but would have voted for several other CS's on the list but I don't think any CS should have been on the list if I interpret your intent properly. Two coppers in the jar.

Snikle
March 24th, 2006, 21:44
Ok ok, as I said, I included the systems/settings that people actually seemed interested in (based of posts here and on the FUM thread) and input from folks when I had a similiar thread on FUM. This is not scientific, you want that, go to Harvard. I havent seen 20 posts on Kalamar, Greyhawk, or Conan on these forums so it wasnt included.

DarkStar
March 24th, 2006, 22:00
Standard D&D doesn't equal Forgotten Realms. Most of rulebook characters and descriptions seem to be Greyhawk related, don't they? Ah, yes, I'm being picky. ;D

Jozan
March 24th, 2006, 22:43
Can't beat standard D&D 3.5 in Greyhawk!

Stuart
March 24th, 2006, 23:20
I have tried cheating and voting again for Rolemaster but could not ... how can you vote against a system that has a glorious description for every possible critical roll !

DarkStar
March 25th, 2006, 09:30
how can you vote against a system that has a glorious description for every possible critical roll !

Vote for Warhammer then, it has them also. ;P I can't compare the quantity of those with Rolemaster, but WFRP's critical hits descriptions were also nice and you could always embellish them yourself. There were no critics for ranged weapons in the core rulebook, so I remember when in one issue of a Polish RPG magazine they published a few pages of extra critical hits descriptions. ;)

BaldMike
March 30th, 2006, 05:41
Can't beat standard D&D 3.5 in Greyhawk!

I have always liked a good Greyhawk campaign. For that matter, I enjoyed playing in Forgotten Realms for many years. However, I am slowly collecting the source manuals and thinking about running a campaign in Eberron.

I know many have mixed feelings on Eberron and, as an OLD time D&D player I did to at first. As I review the material more and more though, I think it offers simply a new setting with new opportunities. Ultimately, the real test will be if it provides both the DM and players what they want out of the campaign.

I guess I mention this because as I search the boards it appears there are more players than DMs. So, once I get up and running and really comfortable with the software I may want to get something started and I think Eberron will be the place. Nonetheless, I'm going to keep some of my old style in it. :cool: Just hoping that the setting doesn't put people off...

tfelts
April 2nd, 2006, 01:49
I would like to see Mutants and Masterminds!!

Tim

joshuha
April 4th, 2006, 20:55
I would like to see Mutants and Masterminds!!

Tim

I just purchased this and my real life D&D group is breaking up. I am a bit burned out and looking for something a bit different. I have done Champions several years ago so may be interested in doing this.

I also just picked up Exalted as it looks good as well. So much to read there though so it would be awhile before I attempt that.

Daeghrefn
April 5th, 2006, 14:56
I'm afraid I'm an old-school type: I make my own worlds and campaigns, though I do like to have some Dragon Lance style stuff in it. I usually go with a good vs. evil background (no matter whether the players align with the good or evil sides... or neither side).

But hey, I also prefer to use my own materials. Nothing wrong with that, I hope :P