PDA

View Full Version : Custom Calender help

sammyp03
January 26th, 2018, 20:15
Can someone help me out with creating a custom calender for my homebew campaign world ?

Zacchaeus
January 26th, 2018, 20:36
You can get some help from this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20942-Question-on-Calendars&p=173603&viewfull=1#post173603).

sammyp03
January 26th, 2018, 23:35
Sweet thanks. However, when i rename the.mod file to .zip nothing happens and i cant extract it

sammyp03
January 26th, 2018, 23:40
You can get some help from this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20942-Question-on-Calendars&p=173603&viewfull=1#post173603).

Sweet thanks. However, when i rename the.mod file to .zip nothing happens and i cant extract it

Zacchaeus
January 26th, 2018, 23:51
So when you delete the .mod and type in .zip the file icon doesn’t change to a zip file folder? And how are you trying to unzip it?

LordEntrails
January 26th, 2018, 23:53
You have file extensions turned on in your windows so that you see the ".mod" in the file name? I'm not having any problems, can you attach a couple of screen shots of how you are trying to do this?

sammyp03
January 27th, 2018, 01:04
So when you delete the .mod and type in .zip the file icon doesn’t change to a zip file folder? And how are you trying to unzip it?

ok so after a bit of fiddling i figured it out, however after i changed the text to fit my calender and ziped the files together, i cannot change it back to a .mod

sammyp03
January 27th, 2018, 01:17
You have file extensions turned on in your windows so that you see the ".mod" in the file name? I'm not having any problems, can you attach a couple of screen shots of how you are trying to do this?

No i dont think so, how do i do that

damned
January 27th, 2018, 01:44
In windows explorer tick File name extensions. Of course that will vary from windows version to windows version.

LordEntrails
January 27th, 2018, 02:24
It's typically in something like Organize / Folder Options and then the View tab/options and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

Note, when you zip it back up, do NOT select the folder and zip it. Select the contents of the folder and zip all of those.

sammyp03
January 27th, 2018, 02:40
It's typically in something like Organize / Folder Options and then the View tab/options and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

Note, when you zip it back up, do NOT select the folder and zip it. Select the contents of the folder and zip all of those.

Yes I did zip just the file contents. Still can't get it back to a .mod

damned
January 27th, 2018, 02:53
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+view+file+extensions+in+windows%3F

View file extensions so you can change them...

sammyp03
January 27th, 2018, 04:25
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+view+file+extensions+in+windows%3F

View file extensions so you can change them...

ok so heres my steps.

1. change the calendar.mod file to .zip
2. open the zip, extract all the files, edit the db xml file and exchange the info on the Forgotten realms calander with my own homebrew info.
3. rezip the files only (db.xml, definition.xml, and png) and change them back to a .mod
4. place in mod file in FG folder

now nothing shows up when i load the module while in FG

sammyp03
January 27th, 2018, 04:31
nvm i got it. Thanks for the help

damned
January 27th, 2018, 04:32
Post your file here and we can see what might be missing.

Ahhh - cool. It would be good if you could share what was missing because someone else will undoubtedly go thru the same challenges in the future.

Bidmaron
January 27th, 2018, 04:33
What was the problem?

LordEntrails
January 27th, 2018, 04:34
Had to restart FG for the new module to show up?
The solution might help the next person to come along with this challenge.

sammyp03
January 27th, 2018, 04:39
Had to restart FG for the new module to show up?
The solution might help the next person to come along with this challenge.

this