PDA

View Full Version : Player rolled a 7 ... text showed an 18!

Gix
January 26th, 2018, 15:21
During our game last night one of the players rolled and clearly got a 7 in the 3d dice. The text showed an unmodified 18!

We had him roll again and several of us tried to duplicate, to no avail.

We went with whatever the text shows is the real roll.

Has anyone else seen this?

Zacchaeus
January 26th, 2018, 16:43
Not that I've noticed.

Trenloe
January 26th, 2018, 16:46
This used to happen occasionally if the chat window had been made very small - the 3D dice would't quite work properly - and usually if someone threw the dice by dragging into the chat window instead of clicking a button to roll. But that was a few versions ago before the chat drop area was hard coded - unless a theme or extension has changed that (if it even can).

Might be a couple of things to look at.

Gix
January 26th, 2018, 16:48
This used to happen occasionally if the chat window had been made very small - the 3D dice would't quite work properly - and usually if someone threw the dice by dragging into the chat window instead of clicking a button to roll. But that was a few versions ago before the chat drop area was hard coded - unless a theme or extension has changed that (if it even can).

Might be a couple of things to look at.

Now that you mention it, yes, he said he dragged his check from the char sheet into the window.

Moon Wizard
January 26th, 2018, 20:30
The simulations sometimes have a rounding error which can show a different roll on the GM client than the player client. The roll is always reported by the client making the roll (ie player), so it will mirror exactly what is on their screen. You won’t see this in the other direction, because players only see dice shadows for GM rolls. It’s a known issue, but not something we can fix in the current architecture.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
January 27th, 2018, 18:09
I see this all the time (at least once a session). The die will land on one number and a different one will show as the result in the chat. Other players see the false number too, though I'm not sure if the player rolling does.