PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice for Dynamic LoS for FGU

LordEntrails
January 26th, 2018, 02:40
I know John or Carl have mentioned various possible approaches for creating the mask (?is that what it's called?) for maps so that DLoS can be used with them. Can anyone remember those posts and point me to them?

John or Carl, would either of you be willing to provide some guidance for planning what might be good ways to develop maps for future use with what might be the DLoS approach if/when it happens in FGU? I know anything you are developing in this area might change etc, but are their some things I can do now in map development that will make it easier to implement DLoS masking if/when it becomes available?

For reference, I'm working on a dozen plus large dungeon maps that will be used to generate hundreds of battlemaps. I'm using CC3+ with DD add-on if it matters.

damned
January 26th, 2018, 02:47
You were a participant in the discussion :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?177-A-quick-update-on

LordEntrails
January 26th, 2018, 03:34
You were a participant in the discussion :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?177-A-quick-update-on
Thanks, I knew I participated but doesn't mean I could find it!

LordEntrails
January 26th, 2018, 03:43
Alpha channel is mentioned as a possibility. Not sure if that is the current direction. Also, not sure exactly how that would be handled.

I guess with CC3+ I would make a copy of the dungeon background polygon that is used to imply depth/recess (per the DD3/ToUM tutorial) and somehow turn that into the alpha? Not sure enough about alpha channels etc (I only know that when I pick a color to make a png transparent it applies that color to the alpha channel, that is if I have that right.)

Moon Wizard
January 26th, 2018, 08:51
I think the answer is that it hasn’t been finalized. It might be defined light blocker regions, alpha channel or something else. Currently, the LoS is something we’re prototyping, but we haven’t decided on a final save format yet that works with our DLC creation processes.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
January 26th, 2018, 16:54
I think the answer is that it hasn’t been finalized. It might be defined light blocker regions, alpha channel or something else. Currently, the LoS is something we’re prototyping, but we haven’t decided on a final save format yet that works with our DLC creation processes.

Regards,
JPG
Okay, thanks for the feedback. I won't worry about it and when it is available I'll just have to figure out what I need to do then.