PDA

View Full Version : Token to Combat Tracker Quick Search

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 14:01
I don't know if any other DM's have this issue when there are a lot of tokens on the map and thus in the combat tracker; and having to scroll to bring up the npc can sometimes take some time. Is there a way or to find a way to click on the token and it brings you straight to that npc on your Combat Tracker if it is open? Man that would be awesome!:)

I know it works via the Combat Tracker but not the other way around. In other words when a pc says he's attacking goblin 32 i end scrolling on the Combat Tracker until I find him and then add the damage.

Thank you
Pat

JohnD
January 25th, 2018, 14:09
FG isn't automatically applying results for you?

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 14:13
No because we play around the table and my players don't target. They give me the damage. If there is a way that they can type in the damage and drop it on the token from the chat frame that would work too...

Trenloe
January 25th, 2018, 14:19
Create a generic damage entry, using 1d0. Then you can add damage to a token by typing the damage in the modifier window and dragging the damage action to the token.

Or use he manual dice entry option.

Andraax
January 25th, 2018, 14:37
No because we play around the table and my players don't target. They give me the damage. If there is a way that they can type in the damage and drop it on the token from the chat frame that would work too...

Turn on auto-centering. If your player forgets to target the creature, then you can just drag and drop the damage onto the token (which should be centered). The player can do this as well. Train your players better. I had one player that forgot all the time. So, I started forgetting to correct as well (so the player did no damage that round). The player quickly learned to fix their mistakes. You can use the techniques Trenloe mentioned to enter manual rolls (and the players can as well).

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 15:08
Create a generic damage entry, using 1d0. Then you can add damage to a token by typing the damage in the modifier window and dragging the damage action to the token.

Or use he manual dice entry option.

Hey Trenloe,

Could you provide an example of what you're talking about please (snippet)?

Trenloe
January 25th, 2018, 15:10
Could you provide an example of what you're talking about please (snippet)?
Which ruleset are you using?

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 15:15
Turn on auto-centering. If your player forgets to target the creature, then you can just drag and drop the damage onto the token (which should be centered). The player can do this as well. Train your players better. I had one player that forgot all the time. So, I started forgetting to correct as well (so the player did no damage that round). The player quickly learned to fix their mistakes. You can use the techniques Trenloe mentioned to enter manual rolls (and the players can as well).

My auto centering is on. I have a bunch of old school players that freak out on the projector set up but prefer rolling the dice and using thier character sheets. I could usr the manual entry system but that would also require them to create actions.

To be honest it is frustrating when your players are not completely into something as much as you being the DM is. I've invested much and it is all me. These are old friends and were all 40+ in age. I could go on but well save it for another feed.

Thanks Andraax

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 15:16
Which ruleset are you using?

5E with theme. I own the complete set.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2018, 15:23
Refer to the following screenshot.

Create a weapon entry in a PC - it can be any PC. If the GM is applying the damage make a dummy PC, if a player will be doing the damage they can create this in their PC action tab.
Open the Weapon damage properties entry (click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the main weapon entry).
You will need to drag the d0 dice to the damage entry.
Get the d0 from the custom dice under the d6 - right click on the d6 on the desktop, select the top left "custom dice" entry, then the top d0 entry. Drop this dice on the damage window.
Drag the damage action to the hotkey bar.
When you want to apply damage click the modifier box and type the total damage to apply. Then trigger the damage action from the hotkey bar (#5) or the PC sheet (#1).
You can have it output to chat and then drag to the target, or drag the hotkey entry to apply direct.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22007

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 15:32

Create a weapon entry in a PC - it can be any PC. If the GM is applying the damage make a dummy PC, if a player will be doing the damage they can create this in their PC action tab.
Open the Weapon damage properties entry (click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the main weapon entry).
Get the d0 from the custom dice under the d6 - right click on the d6 on the desktop, select the top left "custom dice" entry, then the top d0 entry. Drop this dice on the damage window.
When you want to apply damage click the modifier box and type the total damage to apply. Then trigger the damage action from the hotkey bar (#5) or the PC sheet (#1).
You can have it output to chat and then drag to the target, or drag the hotkey entry to apply direct.

I think i got it. So this will allow the user or myself to enter what ever damage into that option correct? I guess that will be appearing on the chat frame?

Trenloe
January 25th, 2018, 15:39
I think i got it. So this will allow the user or myself to enter what ever damage into that option correct? I guess that will be appearing on the chat frame?
As the d0 damage roll will always be 0, you enter the total damage you want to apply in the modifier box (#6 in the screenshot) before you "roll". This is added to the d0 roll of 0 to give the total damage you want.

You can just roll the damage in the chat frame and then drag from there, or you can drag the damage action from the PC sheet or the hotkey directly to the target token/CT entry.

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 15:46
As the d0 damage roll will always be 0, you enter the total damage you want to apply in the modifier box (#6 in the screenshot) before you "roll". This is added to the d0 roll of 0 to give the total damage you want.

You can just roll the damage in the chat frame and then drag from there, or you can drag the damage action from the PC sheet or the hotkey directly to the target token/CT entry.

I love it. You've -a- saved a mya life... bla bla bla...

Thanks Trenloe!!:) Eager to try this out tomorrow night.

Ken L
January 25th, 2018, 23:54
A bit round-about solutions here. You can just snap/scroll-to-target the CT to the token via a click handler of your choosing, this requires some elbow grease on your part though.

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 23:55

just finished setting it up. Works great!

Patou
January 25th, 2018, 23:56
A bit round-about solutions here. You can just snap/scroll-to-target the CT to the token via a click handler of your choosing, this requires some elbow grease on your part though.

Click handler?

Ken L
January 26th, 2018, 00:01
You can make a little extension to snap the tracker to the token in question, but you have to be willing to get your hands dirty a bit.

Patou
January 26th, 2018, 00:08
You can make a little extension to snap the tracker to the token in question, but you have to be willing to get your hands dirty a bit.

I wouldn`t know where to start Ken. i`m no good with that programming and stuff. Leave that to the pros. Thanks though:)

LordEntrails
January 26th, 2018, 00:32
I wouldn`t know where to start Ken. i`m no good with that programming and stuff. Leave that to the pros. Thanks though:)
Sometimes Ken forgets that some of us are Muggles :)

Ken L
January 26th, 2018, 05:34
It's not really magic or some elaborate logic, just some effort, and a willingness to tinker which someone who hasn't done anything programmatic can pickup. It's no javascript but it's doable.