PDA

View Full Version : New to FG! Star Wars/DnD fiend...

DatSoySauce
January 25th, 2018, 03:06
Long story short, I briefly gave roll20 a try out with a EoTE campaign as a player, but that was short lived as the new GM stopped hosting due to school and such.

Heard great things about FG and how it's amazingly wonderful for players and GMs alike, along with much better customization and visuals.

My biggest question is, where do I even begin, having downloaded the demo as of now.

I'm mostly interested in Star Wars EoTE and possibly DnD games, and right now I'm still trying to figure out if the demo version has any sort of ruleset within it or assets for Edge of the Empire stuff.

I read that @Trenloe is the local SW favorite around these parts?

Anyhow, any help is appreciated!

--- A blind old man wading his way through FG

damned
January 25th, 2018, 03:31
Welcome DatSoySauce Check the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire thread and download teh ruleset and place it in /ruleset, download the modules and place them in /modules and then start watching some videos to get an idea how FG and the ruleset work :)

LordEntrails
January 25th, 2018, 04:19
Though I don't know if any of the instructors over at FG College (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40020-Join-Fantasy-Grounds-College-Learn-Fantasy-Grounds-learn-D-amp-D-and-then-play!) do any Star Wars, but I know they do DnD. Go check them out and see about a class or two. It will help to get you up to speed quickly.

DatSoySauce
January 25th, 2018, 18:45
Welcome DatSoySauce Check the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire thread and download teh ruleset and place it in /ruleset, download the modules and place them in /modules and then start watching some videos to get an idea how FG and the ruleset work :)

Hey damned, definitely will.

Is there a link or specific section I’d find the thread in?

Trenloe
January 25th, 2018, 18:50
HeIs there a link or specific section I’d find the thread in?
Start here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset

DatSoySauce
January 26th, 2018, 23:28
Start here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset

Thanks.

Do we have a pretty solid pbase of folks that try to play any Star Wars stuff, be it EotE, FaD etc?

Tried to scour the forums here but didn't quite see much activity in that regard, and in the FG College discord

damned
January 27th, 2018, 01:42
Most games of any genre or any system tend to be in progress with an established group.
Campaigns might run for weeks, months, years, so the absence of game postings doesnt reflect the games being played.
Frequenting the site daily is helpful as is joining in one shots and other short games to start building a network of players and GMs.
You dont list your TimeZone or your availability so I dont know if I should steer you in the direction of one game Im aware of that could use a player.

DatSoySauce
January 27th, 2018, 01:49
Most games of any genre or any system tend to be in progress with an established group.
Campaigns might run for weeks, months, years, so the absence of game postings doesnt reflect the games being played.
Frequenting the site daily is helpful as is joining in one shots and other short games to start building a network of players and GMs.
You dont list your TimeZone or your availability so I dont know if I should steer you in the direction of one game Im aware of that could use a player.

Sorry, thought I mentioned that in the very first thread. Must have never put that in.

Right now I'm available Fridays at 9pm est, or on the weekends at any time. Eastern Time zone of course or UTC -5