PDA

View Full Version : 5e FG Effects Question - Multiplication?

Arthreas
January 25th, 2018, 00:06
I am trying to code an effect for a custom ability for my players cleric. Essentially, they get temporary health equal to 5 times their Cleric level. I've just made a TEMP health effect with 10 for the moment as their level is 2, is there a way I can add multiplication into an effect in the same way it can add or subtract statistics? I do see that it can read a players level so I am curious if it is possible.

LordEntrails
January 25th, 2018, 00:16
No, but you can use class levels (or total levels?).

If you look at the effect for Paladin lay on hands, it handles multiplication by having multiple lines of dice/damage (for each class level).

Not sure where the effect originally came from (Complete Paladin Package?) but I use it in the free pre-gens I posted on the DMsGuild.

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2018, 02:04
The next version (v3.3.4) will add a multiplier option for stats/levels used in damage/heal actions.

Regards,
JPG

celestian
January 25th, 2018, 14:24
The next version (v3.3.4) will add a multiplier option for stats/levels used in damage/heal actions.

Regards,
JPG

You mean something like "Level d6" damage will be a option on damage/heal spells? Great ;) I've not had chance to poke at 3.3.4 other than to run some of the extensions through it to make sure they still work.

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2018, 18:54
It doesn’t do dice multiples, but it does support modifier multiples (ability bonus, level, prof, or class level)

Regards,
JPG

KlatuB
January 26th, 2018, 02:19
Arthreas,

I'm doing something similar with dwarf weapon master. He has a feature call Adrenaline that lets him gain temp hit points once a combat for double his weapon master level (see attached screenshot). For your effect you would just need 1 "heal" line and put your 5 extra points in the Bonus field.